PDA

View Full Version : claaa7 presents TRAGEDY KHADAFI - The 12" Collection '96-98 [DOWNLOAD]

claaa7
02-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Tragedy started out as the youngest memeber of the legendary Juice Crew back in 1989 and between then and 1993 he released his 2 first superior solo albums "Intelligent Hoodlum" and "Saga of a Hoodlum". Over the raw production of Marley Marl, Large Professor and K-Def, the young lyricist touched on topics many wouldn't even dare touch on; "Arrest the President" was his first single.
By 1996 he had formed 25-to-Life productions and had his group Capone-N-Noreaga whom he released "The War Report" together with. Tragedy picked the beats, executive produced the LP and appeared on more songs than Capone himself. However soon after the release the duo split from Tragedy and it's here this compilation comes in... It's various 12", EP's and apperances from Trag dating back to '96 and the last joint was released in '98. You'll get rare collabo's with Pete Rock, Real Live, Mobb Deep as well as the infamous diss track "Judas Theory" (aimed at CNN). Enough talk, enjoy and respect!

Download
FROM TRAGEDY TO KHADAFI (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H02RIRG0)
01. Thug Paradise (ft. Capone) [12" Version]
02. Real Live Shit (Remix) (ft. Capone & Real Live)
03. L.A. L.A. (Iraq Mix) (ft. CNN & Mobb Deep)
04. Strange Fruit (ft. Pete Rock, Noreaga & Meccalicious)
05. Alluminati (ft. Iman THUG)
06. Thug Confessions (ft. Iman THUG)
07. Tony Touch Freestyle
08. DJ Clue Radio Freestyle
09. First Day of Spring (ft. Mobb Deep)
10. Judas Theory (ft. Mobb Deep)
11. Real
12. Blood Type
13. The Usual Suspects (ft. Mic Geronimo, DMX & Ja Rule)
14. Raw Footage (ft. Sporty Thievz)
15. 914 Freestyle (ft. Iman Thug)
16. Too Bent & Too High

claaa7
02-21-2009, 07:14 AM
forgot to add this one, this is a dope joint by Tragedy Khadafi and Iman THUG (Iron Sheiks) produced by Marley Marl from 1998.. it's "The Bridge 2000" and I replaced track 15 "914 Freestyle" with it in my personal folder for the mp3.

http://www.divshare.com/download/5343979-e87

graffitiwhat
02-21-2009, 08:12 AM
yo claaa props for the tragedy mix. peace

CharlesJones
02-21-2009, 11:45 AM
His albums Against All Odds and Still Reportin suck because of beats. I never heard his first album when he was Intelligent Hoodlum but i got his 2nd album Saga Of A Hoodlum and that's pretty good. My favorite songs on there is Posse(Shoot Em Up)and Grand Groove remix that uses the Patrice Rushen sample.

claaa7
02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
^^ "Saga of a Hoodlum" is one of my favorite hip-hop albums of all time and Tragedy Khadafi is one of the greatest rapper of all time.. CNN's "The War Report" should be labeled as Tragedy Khadafi featuring Capone-N-Noreaga because he was the nr.1 reason that album was good - he designed the whole shit, had the best verses, learned Noreaga to rhyme, picked most of the beats, came up with the Kuwait/Iraq/Bosnia, War-theme, etc.. y'all should check the Tragedy documentary "Story of Queensbridge", easily one of the best hip-hop documentary's ever made.

"Against All Odds", "Still Reporting" and "Death of Tragedy" is pretty dope albums, lyrically they are great, a couple of beats are great and some are so-so but still.

claaa7
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
i just remembered "Calm Down", that B-side to a CNN 12" from '96 or '97 that features Tragedy and Nas. i'm gonna add that to this mix for my mp3-player, that's a fucking classic.. here's the link to the 12" - i'll probably switch it against the DJ Clue radio freestyle... damn I wish Trag had dropped an album in '99 with all these songs like planned, classic shit.

CALM DOWN (12") [CNN ft. Tragedy & NaS) ['97]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EBWNSJJD

listen to "Blood Type" (track #13 in the mix in the first post), hard diss at Noreaga.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
yo Claaa what about Clam down wit NORE, Nas and Tragedy i think u for got that one son but great mix man

claaa7
02-21-2009, 06:22 PM
^^ you're right, but look at the post above you..

the compilation is now (for me)

01. Thug Paradise (ft. Capone) [12" Version]
02. Real Live Shit (Remix) (ft. Capone & Real Live)
03. L.A. L.A. (Iraq Mix) (ft. CNN & Mobb Deep)
04. Calm Down (ft. CNN & NaS)
05. Strange Fruit (ft. Pete Rock, Noreaga & Meccalicious)
06. Alluminati (ft. Iman THUG)
07. Thug Confessions (ft. Iman THUG)
08. Tony Touch Freestyle
09. First Day of Spring (ft. Mobb Deep)
10. Real (prod. DJ Krush)
11. Judas Theory (ft. Mobb Deep)
12. Blood Type
13. The Usual Suspects (ft. Mic Geronimo, DMX & Ja Rule)
14. Raw Footage (ft. Sporty Thievz)
15. The Bridge 2000 (ft. Marley Marl)
16. Too Bent & Too High

crds
02-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Props on this, Tragedy (Intelligent Hoodlum) has always been dope.

the silencer
02-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Strange Fruit is my joint....thanks for this, i'm gonna peep it later

claaa7
02-21-2009, 07:56 PM
^^ that's the original "Strange Fruit", instead of Cappadonna and Sticky Fingaz it features verses from Pete Rock, Noreaga and Meccalicious.. it's a pretty rare white label joint.

ALCATRAZ
02-21-2009, 07:58 PM
yo Claaa what about Clam down wit NORE, Nas and Tragedy i think u for got that one son but great mix man
um thats not tragedys song thats actually a remix... tha original is by e money bags

props for tha mixtape btw... 5 star thread

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-22-2009, 03:33 AM
um thats not tragedys song thats actually a remix... tha original is by e money bags

WELL I DID NOT KNOW THAT BUT IT'S STILL A TRAGEDY KHADEFI TRACK IN MY EYES

claaa7
02-22-2009, 04:50 AM

i'm pretty sure it's the other way round though, CNN dropped "Calm Down" as a B-side in 1997 and i'm pretty sure E Money Bags jumped on it a year or two after the o.g. version with Tragedy.

claaa7
02-22-2009, 05:29 AM
Here's another rare gem from Tragedy; the Large Professor remix of "Pass Da Tek" that originally appeared on "Saga of a Hoodlum".

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJLLQWJ6

ALCATRAZ
02-22-2009, 05:53 AM
i'm pretty sure it's the other way round though, CNN dropped "Calm Down" as a B-side in 1997 and i'm pretty sure E Money Bags jumped on it a year or two after the o.g. version with Tragedy.
im gonna need sum more convincing cuz if u listen right before the second verse starts (e money bags version) nas says, "money bags, noreaga", and on the tragedy version, right before the second verse it seems like e money bags was edited out because all you hear nas say is "noreaga"... don't you find it funny that nas never shouted out tragedy khadafi in that entire song? yet on e money bags' version he shouts him out right after his verse?

claaa7
02-22-2009, 04:44 PM
^^ good point actually, haven't listened to the E Money Bags version for a long time but i think you just convinced me..

bamboo
02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Good stuff claaa7!
Tack! :)

food for thought
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
good shit claaa

props for this

CYENCE
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
im gonna need sum more convincing cuz if u listen right before the second verse starts (e money bags version) nas says, "money bags, noreaga", and on the tragedy version, right before the second verse it seems like e money bags was edited out because all you hear nas say is "noreaga"... don't you find it funny that nas never shouted out tragedy khadafi in that entire song? yet on e money bags' version he shouts him out right after his verse?
I never even knew about a E-Moneybags version...but i just youtubed it and what you said does make sense

claaa7
02-24-2009, 08:31 AM
^^ yeah it was on E Money Bags albums but i don't think that was ever officially released.. it has like 12 tracks or so though.

Thworldisyours
10-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Found this thread by accident...

Funny cause I was looking for the Judas Theory single and bunch of other Tragedy Khadafi singles from the late 90s era and this thread saved me a LOT of time...

Anyway I found this miscellaneous Iron Sheiks track that wasnt here... Thought I add it to the thread...

Iman Thug - Iman Thug Rarities - 00 - 12 - Gorilla Thug Feat Tragedy Khadafi.mp3 - 6.71MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/66441539cabeb143/)

Two Five To Forever Shine...

ALCATRAZ
10-03-2009, 03:35 AM
propers

Drunken Monk
10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
majo propz fo this claa

claaa7
06-12-2010, 04:57 AM
one of the greatest things of uploading shit for y'all is that when i lost immaculate shit like that i can just search google and easily find a download link instead of having to track down all them VLS rips and compilation albums just to get one track on each. haha, enjoy it for y'all who missed it - if you're a fan of the Intelligent Hoodlum albums and "The War Report" you're gonna love this ish!

when is Trag released now again, next year huh?

fatboybrandon
06-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Nice compilation claaa7, it's my 1st time seeing it because I joined in late 09. I lost track of Tragedy's work after '97, it seems like the early to mid 90's is a great period for his music. He was on a strong independent grind around 94 but I think he got locked up in between now & then.

I see you don't have Large Professor's "Funk Mode" feat. Tragedy and Havoc, it's the b-side to Pass Da Tek, check this one out if you haven't already, one of Large's, Trag's and Hav's stoandout songs in each of their catalogs. http://www.prefixmag.com/mp3s/marc/Tragedy_Havoc_Large_Professor-Da_Funk_Mode.mp3

I was curious if you own the actual vinyl pressings of these songs, I think people would like to see those label covers in addition to having the mp3, reading labels a good look into that world of lost hip hop vinyl. I have a copy of the one that includes Strange Fruit, it's a vinyl EP Pete Rock put out during the bootlegging of InI's album in 1995.

TRONIX
06-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Trag is one of the best to ever do it

Thanks for this claaa

Trag should be released January 2011

FREE TRAGEDY

claaa7
06-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Nice compilation claaa7, it's my 1st time seeing it because I joined in late 09. I lost track of Tragedy's work after '97, it seems like the early to mid 90's is a great period for his music. He was on a strong independent grind around 94 but I think he got locked up in between now & then.

I see you don't have Large Professor's "Funk Mode" feat. Tragedy and Havoc, it's the b-side to Pass Da Tek, check this one out if you haven't already, one of Large's, Trag's and Hav's stoandout songs in each of their catalogs. http://www.prefixmag.com/mp3s/marc/Tragedy_Havoc_Large_Professor-Da_Funk_Mode.mp3

I was curious if you own the actual vinyl pressings of these songs, I think people would like to see those label covers in addition to having the mp3, reading labels a good look into that world of lost hip hop vinyl. I have a copy of the one that includes Strange Fruit, it's a vinyl EP Pete Rock put out during the bootlegging of InI's album in 1995.

peace Brandon, yeah there's lots of dope songs on here actually - definitely check it out! i was thinking of putting up both the Large Pro remixes but i wanted to focus on the time between '96-98 right where he started 25 to Life and managed CNN upto where they lost touch. so this compilation, could in a way, stand as a companion to "The War Report" (which is one of my favorite LP's).

nah sorry don't got the actual 12" releases of these songs, i bought some 12" releases when i was younger but these days i mostly collect CD's (and some LP's) but more or less all albums. i would like to have a collection of dope singles that could match my album collection tho. but you can check most of the labels and pictures and all that @ this link:

www.discogs.com/artist/Tragedy+Khadafi

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
07-25-2010, 12:42 AM
nice..........

djskillz
07-25-2010, 12:48 AM
:hooray:

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
11-05-2010, 12:34 PM
This is too dope, you should do a part 2

claaa7
11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
^ i hear you. i up this thread so you can get it, in just about 1 hour i will present "FROM STREET THUG TO INTELLIGENT HOODLUM (1988-1994)", it's 16 tracks of Tragedy music that was not on his album. pretty much everything he ever did, B-sides, guest spots, and including a few Marley Marl and Large Professor remixes and guest spots from Big Daddy Kane, Craig G, Chuck D, Grand Puba, Dred Scott, King Tee, Def Jef and a few others. listening to it now - BANGING!

M.O.D.
11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
ima have to get this yo , good lookin out claaa7