PDA

View Full Version : A lot of trends set in the west was taken from the east but no credit was shown

diggy
02-21-2009, 10:51 PM
show your respect for the west who brought shit to the game

before nas was personifying guns in "I gave u power"

before mobb deep was personifying liquor in "drink away the pain"

there was spice 1 lettin y'all know how to do that creative rhyming

show respect

YDcD3hg6WlQ&feature=related

d_SUo0Wc2F4&feature=related

Edgar Erebus
02-21-2009, 10:53 PM
You fucked up yo' thread name.

diggy
02-21-2009, 10:57 PM
the name is not fucked

your concept of a thread name is tho

BIG D O
02-22-2009, 12:01 AM
yeah, the west set a lot of the trends that are now mistakingly attributed to the east....

shit like....

-rockin work clothes like Carrhart and Dickies....

-40 Oz's and weed smoking culture especially blunt smoking.......started out west and in Jamaica

-sampling funk records....the west started that....the east started out samplin disco breaks....

-gangsta rap and hardcore rap started primarily out west, even though the east did have a few hardcore rappers early on like Just Ice

-gang bangin'.....that shit started in L.A. and Chi town, but the east ate it up like a muthafucka....

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-22-2009, 12:04 AM
^^^everybody knows that, especially the dickies, blunts, and gangbanging

diggy
02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
strange how some ny rappers are mad cuz they say the east "started following others" in the late 90's with bloods and crips and the southern style of rap

but the truth is, like you said above, that the east copied the gangsta rap (for the most part) from real gangstas

so the trend of copying others started EARLIER THAN WHAT MOST BELIEVE!!!!

:mmmyah:

people like E-40 started a lot of slang and is not given his props for it

ALCATRAZ
02-22-2009, 01:10 AM
so much shit was borrowed from the west coast and the BAY AREA specifically its ridiculous... but there ain't no point in keepin tallies... everyone borrows from everyone... it just so happens that new york is "duh mecca" so when people bite from NY of course they gonna be put on blast extra hard... when niggaz bite from the west, we just take it for what it is and keep it movin

Uncle Steezo
02-22-2009, 01:28 AM
the moment NY decided to follow other regions is when NY fell off as the "king of the hill". we look to NY to set the pace. once they stopped setting the pace they became irrelevant.

now this was my nigga from the west.

we come strapped is a underrated hip hop classic
he even produced his own shit on this with dj slip
tkPWlzkAfvU
zZYPt3odzI0

spiggity_ace
02-22-2009, 01:52 AM
strange how some ny rappers are mad cuz they say the east "started following others" in the late 90's with bloods and crips and the southern style of rap

but the truth is, like you said above, that the east copied the gangsta rap (for the most part) from real gangstas

KGR he was always rappin like that i believe he was an actual gangsta nigga, but ya wut u say is true, cats like spice 1 and them in the bay spear headed the gangsta style, they dont get props, meth was on a song with spice and spice just outshined him nicely, i wanna hear some more bay collabos with the east.

narc
02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
what about the
al1PgunFWtc
MIDDLE EAST

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-22-2009, 08:25 PM
tkPWlzkAfvU

^seagully

niggas dont know about eiht

diggy
05-18-2012, 05:49 PM
yeah...

didn't the west start saggin first?

Rame
05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Nah Bieber started that shit.

http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bieber-saggin-holding-617x413.jpg

kingwu
05-18-2012, 10:22 PM
yeah...

didn't the west start saggin first?

no niggas in jail period started saggin'. we come strapped is one of my favorite albums