PDA

View Full Version : Big vs Lil

DJMethods
02-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Think about this, think about Big L, Biggie, Big Pun.

Now think Lil. Lil Wayne, Lil Romeo ect ect.

Please explain this to me.

Uncle Steezo
02-22-2009, 02:49 AM
shit been goin on sice the beginning of time son
lil richard
big bopper

Afficial_Nastee
02-22-2009, 06:35 AM
LOL at this thread, what about Lil'Fame, Lil'Kim and Lil' Cease all been active since the 90's....

drippie k
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
yeah but thre are no more Big rappers no more...now its cool to be little

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-22-2009, 03:09 PM
some big motherfuckers are still alive

Like Big Boi

lol, big boy...lol

crds
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Lil Fame and Lil Sci are the only worthwhile Lil ones, who said there are no Big rappers anymore?, what about Big Daddy Kane? and lmao does anyone remember Big Bear?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PPOT5JrmV5Y/Rp3j_LCrPzI/AAAAAAAAAEc/9LwtbM5lleI/s400/Big%2BBear%2BRap.jpeg

Edgar Erebus
02-23-2009, 08:04 AM
^ This album earned one of the best reviews I've ever found on the internets.

In the annals of rap history, many artists stand out. Yet at the same time, many are left behind, forgotten by the masses. If I was to ask a random person off the streets to tell me their favorite album by Big Bear, they (unless they were incredibly fucking awesome) would probably be left scratching their heads. And it's not like it's even a hard question, considering Big Bear only put out one album. And unfortunately for anybody who hasn't heard it yet, it happens to be one of the greatest fucking rap CDs ever put out in the history of mankind. Though I wouldn't expect anybody to take the CD seriously, even when considering how mindblowingly awesome the cover art is. Behold:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/OnpointForums/hockeybuz/BigBear-DoinThangsFront.jpg

Yes, I know that at first glance, it may appear to be totally ludicrous. After all, it features a laid back African American man, who typically don't go big game hunting, having a blunt session with four grizzly bears. Furthermore, put before B.B. and his entourage are a feast that would be a true delight to any bear; present are smoked salmon, and an array of nuts and berries. It's also likely that the bears' glasses are full of delicious honey. Before you knock this incredible work of photography and MS Paint, let submit a few things to you. First of all, if you call the whole bear motif ridiculous, I'll make it my duty to remind you about the existence of FUCKING DJ POOH. At least Big Bear chooses to be not a lameass pretend bear, but a big one, and instead of surrounding himself with a bunch of retarded misfits like a donkey and a rabbit, and an owl (et cet), he hangs out with actual grizzly bears. And if you'll allow me to continue, it's not exactly as though this sort of extravagant, poorly put-together album cover was uncommon in the mid-nineties. One only need look at any early CD published by Cash Money in its early days to recognize that shitty cover art was extremely common. But I digress; allow me to discuss the album itself.

The songs themselves are somewhat difficult to discuss, considering they are all both awesome and terrible at the same time. The production and the beats are essentially what one would produce the first time they used Fruity Loops, and they all virtually have negligible difference between them. But on the plus side, it doesn't even matter, because Big Bear's rapping is so utterly fucking jaw dropping, it will have you not only shitting your pants in laughter, but also pissing your pants with terror at how brilliant they are. Allow me to present a lyric from the titular song of the album, "Doin' Thangs": "Now they ride the weenie / Rubbin' my balls like a genie..." Referring to a woman riding your weenie is pretty commonplace in rap, but how many times has a rapper compared the stimulation of his balls to the vessel of a genie? FUCKING NEVER. And that's why this album is so awesome. Big Bear will essentially just rap along to his generic beats, and not only is it the kind of music you can just put on and chill to in the background, but you can have a good laugh at some of the ridiculous shit he says.

Or fuck it, you can just laugh at the album cover.

drippie k
02-23-2009, 08:09 AM
yeah theres big daddy kane and big boi who isnt even really that big but i'm talkin about theres no newer rappers with big in their name...just something i noticed