PDA

View Full Version : Why Do ppl call themselves Hip Hop fans but say 2PAC is "wack" and stuff?

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 01:12 PM
WHY

I dont comprehend this level of tomfoolery. Ive seen posts of Kool G Rap fans, saying Pac was wack, to MF DOOM fans saying Pac was wack.

Not just they dont like him personally, but that he was just wack.

W-A-C-K.

This guy was one of the truest most powerful black man of the 90's era.

He never spit anything less than truth.

He never released anything that let us down. He had spirit, energy and intelligence potential to be a national african american leader.

His rhymes were REAL. All of them. Listen to me against the world, Makavelli, this shit is on a nother level of black male and street life commmentary.

SOCIAL AND MENTAL COMMENTARY MY NIGGAS.

This is what REAL hip hop has always been about. You guys talk about Wu Tang kicking knowledge? This is true, but nearly 90% of Pacs rhymes were filled with knowledge, about life, struggles, living in america, that was his content, straight up - how can you hate on him for that?

Especially when we look around at todays sorry assed hip hop genre. Who currently is talking about the issues he was?? All we have now are pathetic Pac rip offs doing what he was doing 15 years ago, but incredibly weakly. Like Nas, with all his recent Pac-esque albums. And they are all patheticly weak compared to Pac's work.

Not whos boasting best about being the best rapper on a mic. Not whos thinking of the newest clever similie for how you are better than the other guy whos thinking of a granduer similie.

Its about relating to the people.

Which is why alot of modern new white suburban fans dont get into him,

Hes too real, too much emotion, to in your face.

They prefer softer less offensive backpackers. Who have one toned voices and dont shout.

now.....

THUGISM.

What is Thugism?

Haters get put off by their percieved idea that Pac was just another brainless gangsta rapper. (their idea not mine)

But they are totally ignorant of what he was representing in his Thug phase.

Its like how the word nigger was taken on board and adapted to nigga by black males, and used as a term of empowerment and brotherness. The offensive term nigger was changed somehow to a term of endearment.

This isnt exactly the same as Thugism, but its on the same lines of a word representing something bigger.

he wasnt just trying to be a "thug", he was being the physical and musical embodyment of the metroplitan black male repressive life experiance, fighting the system.

cap
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
agreed,it seems to be cool to not like pac cus his fans are often pathetic "wiggers". but people forget to have an objective ear when listening to music.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
greatest rapper of all time more influential than any other mc to pick up a microphone

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I said it before but hip hop died with pac.

It opend the floodgates for all these fake ass niggas to come in.

We need a new gatekeepr.

What made me most sick is rappers he hated (and had beef with) and thought were fakes up until he died that started doing tracks "with him" after he died, that wouldve had him rolling in his fucking grave.

All of those rappers who had beef with him but did remix tracks with him after he died can go fcuk themselves, ultimtate disrespect to a dead man.

djskillz
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
I have nothing to say to Pac haters. If someone can listen to Lord Knows or If I Die 2Nite and feel nothing then there's no hope in converting. Those are two of the most heartfelt down to earth songs ever made.

beautifulrock
02-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I like 2pac. That is my answer to this thread.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
SENATOR COCK PENISTIME - EXPLAIN YOUR VIEWS FAGGIT

Also, Tupac is fucking wack, faggit.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 02:02 PM
"Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."

SMH @ THIS DADDY YUNKEE ASS NIGGA

Rode Block
02-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I always figured hating on 2pac was an East Coast thing...Cuz here on the West everyone is all up on his nuts...no one thinks he's wack in Cali.

I like 2pac... I don't think he's the GOAT, but he's far from wack.

narc
02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
QFqYE3SUL9E
be ashamed pac haters
ASHAMED

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I always figured hating on 2pac was an East Coast thing

you damn right it is...........tha muthafuckas here on wucorp who talk that shit are from one of two places......the east coast, or europe.... everywhere west of the east coast (that includes the south) shows nothin but respect for makaveli....

TSA
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
i think that someone can think 2pac is wack and that's fine
like i think Elvis is wack
but understanding hip hop and the culture comes with a respect for those that have earned it that is not subject to opinion, so if you dont have respect for those people then your opinion is just that much gayer and shittier. unless you can give real reasons why you don't respect that person other then you just wanna go against the grain like he's a hypocrite, studio gangsta, and/or you don't agree with his politics and lifestyle.

Rame
02-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I used to listen to him but I haven't for a few years now.

I'm not interested anymore.

TAURO
02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
SMH @ THIS DADDY YUNKEE ASS NIGGA

But I never said I hated Pac or his music, there are alot of people I like but don't consider them to have any classics. Don't try to take my words out of context.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
there are a lot Pac songs that are just straight up boring, or even wack, if I may. I won't deny his talent, but ionno, he has the qualities Nas never had, and vice versa, it's just that Nas has more talent all-in-all at the end.

Why mentioning Nas?

Cuz every thread on WuCorp mentions Nas at one point. [I don't like a lot of Nas material also]

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 02:27 PM
there are a lot Pac songs that are just straight up boring, or even wack, if I may.

when youre talking about an artist who has hundreds upon thousands of songs credited to his name, your post doesnt hold much weight

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
But I never said I hated Pac or his music, there are alot of people I like but don't consider them to have any classics. Don't try to take my words out of context.

I didn't take your words out of context I posted it exactly how you said it. I was gonna flame you for not thinking AEOM was a classic but then I noticed your sig. You ain't even from America are you? Now....it all makes sense

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 02:29 PM
LOL

Masta Ace has a lot of songs, and 90% of them are at least 4/5 material, if not more.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Why mentioning Nas?

Cuz every thread on WuCorp mentions Nas at one point. [I don't like a lot of Nas material also]

I already mentioned Nas in the first post.

Nas has illmatic.

Fine. What next

Nas has devoted his last 4 or 5 albums to copying 2pac, and failing so terribly.

You cannnot seriously be a fan of this hip hop shit and not consider me against the world or makavelli classic

LOL

Masta Ace has a lot of songs, and 90% of them are at least 4/5 material, if not more.

So did Pac.

Masta Ace?

Is that your argument?

MA is a good rapper. Anything else?

No.

At the end of the day hes just another pretty good rapper, nothing more. Hes never affected people. Hes never even broke out of underground.

And Pac never broke out of underground because he went commercial. This nigga was making the darkest songs even after he got fame.

Pac was taling about government and conspiracys against black males right from his first album.

Educate yourself, faggit.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I already mentioned Nas in the first post.

Nas has illmatic.

Fine. What next

Nas has devoted his last 4 or 5 albums to copying 2pac, and failing so terribly.

I agree with this post. But also, he has some of the best feats and some tracks on IWW were the off the hook [Take it in Blood, Silent Murder]...I know a lot of rappers can't reach that kind of creativity like Nas....but also Nas is an ignorant ass and can't show emotions as good as rappers like Pac, Ghost, even BIG

staycreepin_n_silence
02-23-2009, 02:44 PM
hiphop isn't one artist it's a subculture a movement a voice etc. understand tupac was an artist but he was not the defining artist of hiphop no one artist is.

oldie
02-23-2009, 02:49 PM
to answer your question, everyone's taste is different. thats all there is to it rlly

some hip-hop heads love wu-tang, some dont.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 02:56 PM
lol this aint about "taste".

Its about calling yourself a fan of hip hop but saying 2pac is WACK.

Like people have done on this site.

I can understand that ignorance from say, a fan of country and western for example (nothing against C&W music btw)

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
hiphop isn't one artist it's a subculture a movement a voice etc. understand tupac was an artist but he was not the defining artist of hiphop no one artist is.
But if there was one.... 2pac would be it... undoubtedly

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
If I had to pick one artist who embodied what rap music is capable of, it would be Pac

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
if i had the chance to end the conflict between israel and palestine or get a new pac record from tha vault....id choose tha latter

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
lol

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I see a lot of really dope rap cats being called wack on this site, but I don't go making vendetta threads like this. Pac is good, but he's only good, there are a lot more underrated cats, especially on this site....from Sick Jacken to Chino XL, El-P, people don't acknowledge Chali 2na, .... and so on. I rarely see thread about them, but always with that TuPac..

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
I see a lot of really dope rap cats being called wack on this site, but I don't go making vendetta threads like this. Pac is good, but he's only good, there are a lot more underrated cats, especially on this site....from Sick Jacken to Chino XL, El-P, people don't acknowledge Chali 2na, .... and so on. I rarely see thread about them, but always with that TuPac..

Oh god

Did your serbian ass SE-RI-USLY just compare 2PAC to Sick Jacken, Chino XL and Charli 2na etc??

OH GOD

TSA
02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
dude. stop

all the people you listed just say words in clever and/or complex ways and like ghostlaced is saying, ends there.

tupac is a global icon and one of the most recognizable faces in the world. and dont say its cause he died cause millions of ppl die everyday. to deny tupac when clearly there's physical evidence that he was a great man with prolific talent is your lose and signs of, idk, stupidity. It's also disrespectful to hip hop cause if Tupac sucks the rest of those homos suck more.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM

This is the worst thing I've read in my life.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 03:58 PM
lol @ your train of thought

EAGLE EYE
02-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Professional European Hip Hop Critics

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
AHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHA

how does those particulary three emcees ..... ah, nah, shit, I can't do this, this is too funny? NAME ONE LINE U DON'T UNDERSTAND FROM CHINO XL ahahhahahhahhahhaha he's mostly a rapper rapping about fucking real things, plus he's one of the best punchline rappers.

Sick Jacken? He's like GZA - straight forward with words, but has hidden messages here and there.

Chali 2na? One of the most underrated emcees ever.

And so if he's an icon? 50 and Lil Wayne are idols and known through the whole world too...

AND I ALREADY SAID I RESPECT PAC, THAT I SEE HIS TALENT, but he ain't exceptional ON NOT ONE ASPECT OF RAPPING IN THE END - but for a mainstream rapper, of course he did ... funny how for some people on this site Ghost and Pac are the only rappers that can show emotions....and so on. I've heard enuff rappers to know when some rappers are overrated, and other underrated.

Listen to the new POS album, Pac never spit clever stuff like that - and still POS won't get recognized for the talent. Shame.

02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Perma-ban for eastern-europeans from the hip-hop section?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Ahahhahahahhahaha and the funny thing is, if yall think TuPac is all that and GOAT, you're illusional...so I don't need to be here anymore, whatever y'all

narc
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Perma-ban for eastern-europeans from the hip-hop section?

boo

why does everyone dickride Nas anyway? he had illmatic, everything else was meh anyway.
Meh in a sense i got better music to listen to

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/bobpac.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/throwmural.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/blumural.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/tupac_mural.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/hamiltonburmuda.jpg
^burmuda

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/russebulgaria.jpg
^bulgaria

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/mexico.jpg
^mexico

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/2pac_sierra_leone_mural.jpg
^sierra leone

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/wall.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/paclas.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/roseim1.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Music%20Related/pac94.jpg

give up wera

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 04:09 PM
AHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHA

how does those particulary three emcees ..... ah, nah, shit, I can't do this, this is too funny? NAME ONE LINE U DON'T UNDERSTAND FROM CHINO XL ahahhahahhahhahhaha he's mostly a rapper rapping about fucking real things, plus he's one of the best punchline rappers.

Sick Jacken? He's like GZA - straight forward with words, but has hidden messages here and there.

Chali 2na? One of the most underrated emcees ever.

And so if he's an icon? 50 and Lil Wayne are idols and known through the whole world too...

AND I ALREADY SAID I RESPECT PAC, THAT I SEE HIS TALENT, but he ain't exceptional ON NOT ONE ASPECT OF RAPPING IN THE END - but for a mainstream rapper, of course he did ... funny how for some people on this site Ghost and Pac are the only rappers that can show emotions....and so on. I've heard enuff rappers to know when some rappers are overrated, and other underrated.

Listen to the new POS album, Pac never spit clever stuff like that - and still POS won't get recognized for the talent. Shame.

2nd worst thing LLcoolD has ever read.

02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Jesus Christ. I didn't realize that people's opinions could actually suck so horribly.

Wera, do you think Holocaust is one of the best rappers ever too?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
boo

why does everyone dickride Nas anyway? he had illmatic, everything else was meh anyway.
Meh in a sense i got better music to listen to

not all of his material is wack. even Nastradamus had a few nice tracks, and r you saying Get Down, One Mic, Rewind, Sekou Story, Nas Is Like, Take it in Blood and so on, weren't good tracks? And his feats, c'mon, I respect Nas cuz a lot of his feats and unreleased songs are pure dopeness.

Pac has also some wack material, but I guess that doesn't matter, cuz Nas wanted to be him on a few albums [lol, that's what somebody said in this thread, wasn't it?]

EAGLE EYE
02-23-2009, 04:16 PM
not all of his material is wack. even Nastradamus had a few nice tracks, and r you saying Get Down, One Mic, Rewind, Sekou Story, Nas Is Like, Take it in Blood and so on, weren't good tracks? And his feats, c'mon, I respect Nas cuz a lot of his feats and unreleased songs are pure dopeness.

Pac has also some wack material, but I guess that doesn't matter, cuz Nas wanted to be him on a few albums [lol, that's what somebody said in this thread, wasn't it?]

fears gucci manes dominant alpha male beer gut

oldie
02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
lol this aint about "taste".

Its about calling yourself a fan of hip hop but saying 2pac is WACK.

Like people have done on this site.

I can understand that ignorance from say, a fan of country and western for example (nothing against C&W music btw)

yeah i see ur point tbh but its kinda sayin its compulsory for you to like Pac if you like hip-hop or else you cant listen to it. maybe some people just dont feel his vibe man, after all he was real real deep with his lyrics, for the more true/serious hip-hopper maybe? (as apposed to the casual 'if i come across it i'll give it a blast' fan not like people who search and dig out artists for them selves)

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
^Why do keep misundertanding?? am I not clear enough?

Its not compulsory to like him, I never said that, I have no beef with people who arent a Pac "fan"

Its people who diss him, explicitly, and say, hes wack - WHILE BEING HIP HOP FANS.

Also a new law for a HH fan is not to compare 2pac with people like "Charli 2na" who make their living from sheltered eastern euro's

GreenPoop!
02-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Cause their idiots.

YungSunny
02-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Tupac, the most intelligent rapper that ever lived.
But at the same time, he has his share of boring tracks.

beautifulrock
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Chino XL is dogshit, straight up.

THE W
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/imgad?id=CN_kyt7bkcyn-QEQ2AUYTzIIX5cDBa4FnQ8

beautifulrock
02-23-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.failimages.com/jokepics/106-FailYardSard.jpg

cap
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
he ain't exceptional ON NOT ONE ASPECT OF RAPPING IN THE END

what about putting/showing emotions in his tracks?????

Shogah
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh god

Did your serbian ass SE-RI-USLY just compare 2PAC to Sick Jacken, Chino XL and Charli 2na etc??

Haha, i love how people on this site continuously proclaim all the citizens of eastern europe serbs.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44007000/jpg/_44007033_madiba_afp416.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Shogah
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyway this song right here is my shit, i love it.

JRp4me54Z9s

snapple
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
you like apples, some people like oranges....some people don't like tupac...what's the big deal?....i mean i can tell you love the dude by your post...or are u mad cuz u IN love wit him LOL

THE W
02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
was never a fan,

as far as his death having an impact on his fame. how would wu-tang be looked at right now if all members of the clan died in a plane crash after releasing wu-tang forever? how would we see biggie now if he was still alive and made more music after ready to die and life after death.

pac died at the pinnacle of his popularity and fame. he didnt have to go through the almost inevitable quality decline that artists go through over the longhaul of their careers.

if he lived on people would still respect him in the same way people still respect wu-tang but i dont think he would be looked at as a god like he is now.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
was never a fan,

as far as his death having an impact on his fame. how would wu-tang be looked at right now if all members of the clan died in a plane crash after releasing wu-tang forever? how would we see biggie now if he was still alive and made more music after ready to die and life after death.

pac died at the pinnacle of his popularity and fame. he didnt have to go through the almost inevitable quality decline that artists go through over the longhaul of their careers.

if he lived on people would still respect him in the same way people still respect wu-tang but i dont think he would be looked at as a god like he is now.

I have thought about this alot.

And adding evrything up, its clear Pac was not at the pinnacle of his career.

He was just starting.

He was getting angrier, not less hungry like most rappers.

He just came out of the Pen, with all this extra knowledge, he had this whole Makaveli shit, he had all his acting skills. Who knows how big he might of gotten. His last album was also his darkest,which is very strange generally for a big name artist. He was getting darker, more creative, stronger as he went on.

Name another rapper like that?

But I would say an Oscar wouldve been not far around the corner too.

There was something special about this guy. BIggie is not the same as Pac.

But we'll never know, and we have Suge to thank for that.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
was never a fan,

yup..sounds like a hater to me

but what if??

but what if??

fuck outta here

THE W
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
yup..sounds like a hater to me

but what if??

but what if??

fuck outta here
at least present some type of valid argument....child

you're right about one thing, we'll never know what would happened. maybe that inspiration from getting locked in the pen lasts for two more albums then he starts making so-so to crap albums, and does collabs with corny artists to stay relevent. there's no evidence that can be stated that would prove he would contine to make acclaimed music for the next 10 or more years. we'll never know

DJ muggs made soul assassins in 96. Rza made ghostdog in 2000.

the only thing people have to judge him on were his best times.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I somehow doubt 2Pac wouldve ever struggled to stay relevant.

Reasons why -

He was too real
He actually had things to say
He was a workaholic
He was multi talented
He was massivly more intelligent than every other rapper

Plus look at how rappers are staying relevent these days off of Movie roles. Pac was way ahead of them.

His movie roles would of been enough alone to keep interest.

spiggity_ace
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
i had like a years worht of time where i used to say pac was wack and such, but then i started listenin to him again and sed to myself, wtf was i thinkin wen i sed he was wack, the don killuminati is my fav album of his. I think that when people find other rap that they think is better and get sucked into it more they tend to think that wut they used to listen to in the past is wack.

THE W
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM

Reasons why -

He was too real .....ok?
He actually had things to say audiences these days dont care much about that
He was a workaholic so is Rza and ghost
He was multi talented so is ice cube
He was massivly more intelligent than every other rapper depends on what you mean by intelligent

Plus look at how rappers are staying relevent these days off of Movie roles. Pac was way ahead of them.

didnt seem to work out for ice cube

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
i had like a years worht of time where i used to say pac was wack and such, but then i started listenin to him again and sed to myself, wtf was i thinkin wen i sed he was wack, the don killuminati is my fav album of his. I think that when people find other rap that they think is better and get sucked into it more they tend to think that wut they used to listen to in the past is wack.

I also went thru a couple of years where I listened to way too much backpack rap and didnt have much time for Tupac, even though I was once a Pac fan before in my earlier years.

But once you get out of that gay backpack stage you realise whats real and whats fake.

I never thought he was wack though. I just didnt listen to him enough, or respect him enough.

Chungsanity
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I always thought B.I.G. was always better than Pac, but how could anyone hate Pac? I'll say every single person on this board and all those haters like atleast one Pac song. if you say otherwise, you're lying.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 06:19 PM
there's no evidence that can be stated that would prove he would contine to make acclaimed music for the next 10 or more years.

fuck evidence, his career speaks for itself.... lol "no evidence"... what a square

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 06:27 PM

Reasons why -

He was too real
He actually had things to say
He was a workaholic
He was multi talented
He was massivly more intelligent than every other rapper

Reasons why -

He was too real .....ok?
He actually had things to say audiences these days dont care much about that
He was a workaholic so is Rza and ghost
He was multi talented so is ice cube
He was massivly more intelligent than every other rapper depends on what you mean by intelligent

didnt seem to work out for ice cube

You seem to be reaching alot now.

What do you mean "depends on what you mean by intelligent"

wtf do you think i mean by it lol i mean he was intelligent, how have you got confused? Go and watch his interviews and listen to his lyrics.

"Didnt work for Ice Cube?"

How do you come to that conclusion?

Cube was never as popular as 2pac, and Cube was pretty big, but Cube didnt even release an album between 93 and 98, but his recent albums have both sold nearly 200,000. He last album last year sold near 200,000 already.

Thats ALOT more than most other artists. Last Gunit album didnt even sell that much.

Now multiply how much more fans 2Pac had, and how much of a more talented actor he was, and you do the math.

so is Rza and ghost

And Ghostface's fishscale sold 400,000. Ghostface at that point was the only relevent Wu Tang artist left. Youre right, Ghost and RZA are workaholics, thats why one is now succesfull in the movie Biz, and the other is selling records.

So what exactly is your point?

oldie
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
^Why do keep misundertanding?? am I not clear enough?

Its not compulsory to like him, I never said that, I have no beef with people who arent a Pac "fan"

Its people who diss him, explicitly, and say, hes wack - WHILE BEING HIP HOP FANS.

Also a new law for a HH fan is not to compare 2pac with people like "Charli 2na" who make their living from sheltered eastern euro's

nah man, it just seemed to me its like ur saying you cant say/think Pac is wack if ur a hip-hop fan, which leaves no other option than to dig his music does it really.

but yeah i spose if ur a hip-hop fan than dissing Pac maybe doesnt make sense.

but like i said, you either like or you dont, its down to that simple opinion.

p.s Chali 2na (& J5) is dope as hell!!

THE W
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
fuck evidence, his career speaks for itself.... lol "no evidence"... what a square
man, i sure got sonned...

SMH

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 06:31 PM
wade is just a hater...plain and simple... its all east coast niggaz is good for... hating

Rode Block
02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
If 2pac woulda never died I think his career woulda been kinda like Ice Cube's....only he woulda been way more popular and he woulda had a bigger impact, obviously.

YungSunny
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
All of his after-death albums went platinum (except his recent one).

He made enough shit before he died to make albums 12 years that people still love.
That's some impact for that ass.

BRONZBODY
02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
i dont think hes wack..no not at all...a bit overrated(imo) yes but far from wack...but i also think biggies was overrated as well. out of all the dead mc's big l and big pun i rate higher than both of em...but i do not in any way think that pac is wack...u would have to be an idiot to think that...being wack and being overrated are two different things to me.

take it how u wanna take it

THE W
02-23-2009, 07:04 PM
You seem to be reaching alot now.

What do you mean "depends on what you mean by intelligent"

wtf do you think i mean by it lol i mean he was intelligent, how have you got confused? Go and watch his interviews and listen to his lyrics.

go listen to immortal techniques lyrics and interviews. he has just as much to say as pac if not more.

"Didnt work for Ice Cube?"

How do you come to that conclusion?

Cube was never as popular as 2pac, and Cube was pretty big, but Cube didnt even release an album between 93 and 98, but his recent albums have both sold nearly 200,000. He last album last year sold near 200,000 already.

Thats ALOT more than most other artists. Last Gunit album didnt even sell that much.

Now multiply how much more fans 2Pac had, and how much of a more talented actor he was, and you do the math.

a lot more than artists who have never had commercial success in their career, yeah.....DUH! im not gonna give him a medal for outselling MF doom though.

but for a artist that used to be a platinum selling artist thats a flop. dre didnt put out any albums from 93 to 2001 with the chronic01 and he went 6xplat.

g-unit did sell that much, in one week actually. but back on pac, this all hinges on whether he keeps his brilliant streak alive or not.

so is Rza and ghost

And Ghostface's fishscale sold 400,000. Ghostface at that point was the only relevent Wu Tang artist left. Youre right, Ghost and RZA are workaholics, thats why one is now succesfull in the movie Biz, and the other is selling records.

So what exactly is your point?

incorrect,

ghostface only sold 200K+ copies and thats after selling 100K+ first week. pretty sharp decline from an album thats been out almost 3 years. BPW flopped, pretty toney flopped, big doe flopped, BOAP flopped, digi snacks flopped, 8D flopped. all the money Rza is making now if off scoring movies.

yeah ghost is very relevent......compared to ugod.

bottomline, you dont know what would take place if he lived on and pac's fame indeed benefited from passing at the height of his career.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
incorrect,

ghostface only sold 200K+ copies and thats after selling 100K+ first week. pretty sharp decline from an album thats been out almost 3 years. BPW flopped, pretty toney flopped, big doe flopped, BOAP flopped, digi snacks flopped, 8D flopped. all the money Rza is making now if off scoring movies.

yeah ghost is very relevent......compared to ugod.

Incorrect??

http://www.babygrande.com/scoreboard.jsp

Ghostface Fishscale 329,155 3/28/06

and thats ONLY couting USA sales figures

THE W
02-23-2009, 07:22 PM
whatever..

EAGLE EYE
02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Haha, i love how people on this site continuously proclaim all the citizens of eastern europe serbs.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44007000/jpg/_44007033_madiba_afp416.jpg

Keep up the good work!

its like the Euro version of "herb"

spiggity_ace
02-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I also went thru a couple of years where I listened to way too much backpack rap and didnt have much time for Tupac, even though I was once a Pac fan before in my earlier years.

But once you get out of that gay backpack stage you realise whats real and whats fake.

I never thought he was wack though. I just didnt listen to him enough, or respect him enough.

i didnt really listen to back pack rap, i just intro'd myself to wu-tang and thought they were crazy, but yea as i said i reintro'd myself to tupac and realized he is really crazy.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 07:55 PM
tha best thing about threads like these is that when all is said and done and this thread dies... tupac will still be widely regarded as the greatest icon in rap music... and haters will remain furious

The Lost Prophet
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Can we make a new rule that Nas name must be kept out of hiphop forums that have nothing to do with him??? I skim through this shit and Nas name pops up like 5 times...no pac is not wack, neither am i a big fan of his body of work, so i agree with GHOSTLACED completely...

and chali2na or sick jacken cant hold pac's casket up lol...but they are both good

Hollow Dartz
02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I agree with Ghostlaced. Clown ass niggaz...

crds
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
2-Pac was highly overrated, I liked him and was a fan up till All Eyez On Me and I can't understand why some people see him as a martyr or a lyrical genius, when for the most part he was just trying to find words that rhyme with n.....r, a lot of 2-Pac's music was sexist, dumb racist and demeaning, was he wack?, no he wasn't wack, just highly overrated.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
2-Pac was highly overrated, I liked him and was a fan up till All Eyez On Me and I can't understand why some people see him as a martyr or a lyrical genius, when for the most part he was just trying to find words that rhyme with n.....r, a lot of 2-Pac's music was sexist, dumb racist and demeaning, was he wack?, no he wasn't wack, just highly overrated.

you're a clown and i BET youre from tha east......

BET.

crds
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
you're a clown and i BET youre from tha east......

BET.

I'm not from the east, but I am actually a clown, are you looking to hire me good sir?, I only charge $20 per hour, I come with my own balloons, shoes and funny floppy hat, I could maybe do your next birthday party?...no?

Biggie>>>>>2-Pac

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
a lot of 2-Pac's music was sexist, dumb racist and demeaning

as opposed to what, clown? krs one? pac ran thru chambers like a bad habit... no other can compare... especially not biggie....i love biggie but i even put raekwon above that nigga... even pun gets more props than big in my opinion...

crds who u think is goat

crds
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
as opposed to what, clown? krs one? pac ran thru chambers like a bad habit... no other can compare... especially not biggie....i love biggie but i even put raekwon above that nigga... even pun gets more props than big in my opinion...

crds who u think is goat

Rakim,

speakitongod, I never said 2-Pac was wack did I?, I said he was highly overrated, there is a difference, I own his first three albums and still play them from time to time, I didn't like the direction he took on All Eyez On Me...that's just my opinion and yes Pac did say some sexist and racist bullshit, of course other artists did to, but they didnt get idolized like 2 Pac did.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
rakim is nice but he is one lazy nigga he cant hold a candle to pacs work ethic... if we matched up bodies of work rakim cant compare....

what constitutes a goat to you... im confused

Focus Man
02-23-2009, 10:41 PM
because liking 2pac has become a norm, or a fad. It's a predictable opinion. Yet that ain't a valid reason not to like him. In general, its unique/cool to dislike the thing that the majority likes or approves of.

with that being said.....2pac is my favorite rapper.

Durag
02-24-2009, 03:43 AM
This thread has been done like a MILLION times.

I aggre with most of TOASTFACED points, ive gone back to Pac in the last few years as well, and realized how dope a lot of his shit is. And it is rediculous saying Pac is wack, which is what this thread is about, although i can understand people not liking him. He is overrated, but so is Biggie, and i aggre with crds, a lot of people think everything Pac talked about was life changing lyrics about black empowerment and the struggle and political messages, wheras most of it is the same as other rappers. Especially on "All Eyez On Me".

And this thread is starting to fail because of spunkonitdawgs wack contributions. Hes got Pac's dick so far up his ass he doesnt even know what hes listeneing to half the time.

SL33
02-24-2009, 04:11 AM

Keep up the good work!

hahahahahahahaha

pac is a legend

Afficial_Nastee
02-24-2009, 05:09 AM
I used to be a big fan of 2pac until I got into the hardcore stuff from the Eastcoast....
But 2pac was a legend no doubt, personally I think 2pacalypse Now is his greatest cd mainly cuz of the lyrics .... A line like "They finally pull me over and I laugh , Remember Rodney King and I blast on his punkass".... That's a fuckin' classic line that I'll never forget....

Edgar Erebus
02-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Let's put it this way.

#1. I'm a 2Pac fan. Meaning I like him and there's no way I'd ever say he was wack.

#2. I don't get impressed by someone acting larger than life. I give 2Pac props for being a lyricist, for moving the crowds like few other people managed (Biggie did), for being honest enough to let people notice - if they wished - of all his imperfections and his internal duality between a thoughtful activist and aggressive paranoic. But I simpy KNOW he didn't make any philosophy out of his rapping, and that's what made him such a good MC, and that's what 2Pac stans often forget.

#3. Being prolific doesn't automatically mean you'll stay relevant. If it wasn't so, then Wu-Tang Clan would be the most force in rap by the time of The W. As we see, it didn't happen. 2Pac in his late career had, actually, the same problem as Wu, that his raps started - just started - to sound samey (he'd start rapping about anything, but would almost always end barking at his adversaries). Therefore I agree with who said that he'd remain an icon, but wouldn't be much relevant now.

#4. If he'd continue beefing with anyone he disliked for some reason, it'd come to the same: the beef would lose its value. You think Rick Ross new album won't sell stupid numbers because of 50?

#5. If he went into acting, he wouldn't be regarded as greatest rapper of all time, just a very good actor who sometime had a nice rap career.

#6. I'm Eastern European. So whatcha sayin?

The Hound
02-24-2009, 07:36 AM
#2. I don't get impressed by someone acting larger than life.aren't you the one who said "name your favourite rapper and i'll tell you what's wrong with him?

i don't know why you fags think his entire career was beef, how many beefs was in he in prior to death row records?

how come you don't say the same about snoop who was involved in beef from the jump?

and he sounded the same at the end of his career? what?

you couldn't get any more diverse than me against the world, all eyez on me and makaveli

the 'pac haters can NOT come up with ONE legitmate reason why pac is not only NOT wack but one of the G.O.A.T's ... he may not be THE greatest, but he's up there ... period

there are a lot Pac songs that are just straight up boring, or even wack, if I may. I won't deny his talent, but ionno, he has the qualities Nas never had, and vice versa, it's just that Nas has more talent all-in-all at the end.

Why mentioning Nas?

sorry, but pac out did nas on every album but one

illmatic > 2pacalypse now
strictly 4 my niggaz > it was written
me against the world > whatever came next
all eyez on me > whatever came next
makaveli > stillmatic
2pac greatest hits > the rest of nas' catalogue

sorry, but nas has no qualities that 'pac lacked ... 'pac had qualities that nas lacked, like personality

Edgar Erebus
02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
aren't you the one who said "name your favourite rapper and i'll tell you what's wrong with him?

Damn, you took that thread furiously seriously, haven't you?

i don't know why you fags think his entire career was beef, how many beefs was in he in prior to death row records?

I didn't say that his whole career was beef, but towards the end of his career he was beefing at rate of 50 Cent before dropping album.

how come you don't say the same about snoop who was involved in beef from the jump?

This thread isn't about Snoop... And how many East Coast disses made Snoop? One chorus?

Are we talking about same Snoop with whom Pac didn't talk his last days because he praised Biggie on some NY radio?

and he sounded the same at the end of his career? what?

you couldn't get any more diverse than me against the world, all eyez on me and makaveli

I only regard his Makaveli period as the end of his career. And, sorry, most of his raps then were threats to real and imaginary adversaries and death talk. I sometimes have a feeling dude was actually paranoid, mentally ill during that period. (That doesn't make him any worse MC though.)

the 'pac haters can NOT come up with ONE legitmate reason why pac is not only NOT wack but one of the G.O.A.T's ... he may not be THE greatest, but he's up there ... period

So now, if you don't think Pac is #1 or shares that position, you're automatically his hater? LMAO, you need to chill, make yourself a tea or something.

The Hound
02-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Damn, you took that thread furiously seriously, haven't you?

Slim T quote #1 that means absolutely nothing

I didn't say that his whole career was beef, but towards the end of his career he was beefing at rate of 50 Cent before dropping album.

This thread isn't about Snoop... And how many East Coast disses made Snoop? One chorus?

wait, what does it matter if it was east coast or not? snoop's career BEGAN in the form of DISSES ... YET snoop NEVER receives as much as scrutiny as 2pac does over his beefs ... snoop was involved in more beef than 2pac was involved in YET people dribble out that all he would have done was continue to diss people for the rest of his career or that his entire career was built off beef, when, in actual fact, other artists have found themselves in more beef than 'pac and don't come under the same scrutiny

and 'pac was beefing at the rate 50 cent was? he wasn't the only one involved in that beef, you know

Are we talking about same Snoop with whom Pac didn't talk his last days because he praised Biggie on some NY radio?

the same pac that quashed beef with nas before he died?

I only regard his Makaveli period as the end of his career. And, sorry, most of his raps then were threats to real and imaginary adversaries and death talk. I sometimes have a feeling dude was actually paranoid, mentally ill during that period. (That doesn't make him any worse MC though.) :? Slim T quote #2 that means absolutely nothing ... everyone regards the end of 'pac's career as makaveli, so i'm not sure why you're trying to explain to me ... and you said the end of his career, so how the hell does makaveli sound like the same old same old? this is what you said

2Pac in his late career had, actually, the same problem as Wu, that his raps started - just started - to sound samey (he'd start rapping about anything, but would almost always end barking at his adversaries).nothing on his last three albums sounded like the last, so i'm not sure how you got that impression ... infact, only really his first two had a similar vibe

So now, if you don't think Pac is #1 or shares that position, you're automatically his hater? LMAO, you need to chill, make yourself a tea or something.
Slim T quote #3 that makes no sense ... i said;

"he may not be THE greatest, but he's up there ... period"

and yeah, if you regard 2pac as wack, then you have a pair of testicles for a brain

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Slim T, you have already come out and admitted you dont like African American males, you are redundant in this debate.

Secondly, 2PAcs's "beef" wasnt fake candy beef like you see now.

It was beef with people who tried to kill him, and set him up to be shot, 5 times. "5 shots couldnt stop me, i took it and smiled"

OFf topic, Without stanning too much, I actually think Pac was almost superhuman LOL, he took total of 9 bullets in his life, 2 seperate times, 5 once, and 4 times another, and the fatal shots in Vegas, he almost pulled thru again. He had a 50-50 chance of survival at one point, and again, after the second shooting, he was trying to get out of his bed. And he was shot AT nearly 20 times.

Edgar Erebus
02-24-2009, 08:19 AM
@ Bonearm or whatever:

At the "Me Against the World" Pac didn't even develop Makaveli persona.

At "All Eyez on Me" he was Makaveli only on ONE song.

You know damn well that, when talking about Makaveli phase, people mean his post-All Eyez on Me work. So.. just stop trying, you make yourself look a bigger moron that you actually are.

And yes, Snoop was involved in more beefs during his 17 years long career... And 2Pac was nearing that number in his four last months. Do you know what do I mean with this, or do I have to translate into retarded English?

And yes, 2Pac was actually alone in his beef with East Coast rappers before his demise. Or do you include those vague Westside Connection shots in it?

@ Ghostlaced:

Oh my my my... Every shit that I write people understand as axioms or something. You have to chill too, you could already know that I post shit in shit threads.

And how do we know that Biggie was actually trying to kill him? And, even better, why would he do that?

Or do you really think that that pussy Nas that let 2Pac approach him in the park was the ringleader?

The Hound
02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
@ Bonearm or whatever:

At the "Me Against the World" Pac didn't even develop Makaveli persona.

At "All Eyez on Me" he was Makaveli only on ONE song.

You know damn well that, when talking about Makaveli phase, people mean his post-All Eyez on Me work. So.. just stop trying, you make yourself look a bigger moron that you actually are.

And yes, Snoop was involved in more beefs during his 17 years long career... And 2Pac was nearing that number in his four last months. Do you know what do I mean with this, or do I have to translate into retarded English?

And yes, 2Pac was actually alone in his beef with East Coast rappers before his demise. Or do you include those vague Westside Connection shots in it?

persona, or not, it's still part of his career, you fucking back water cellar dwellar ...

makaveli is part of 2pac's career ... just like wu-tang clan and gravediggaz are apart of RZA's career

Edgar Erebus
02-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Sure, kangaroo, but you can't then take MATW and AEOM to illustrate his diversity during Makaveli phase.

The Hound
02-24-2009, 08:39 AM
if only english was your first language

you said his shit started to sound "samey" (which i assume is some sort of back water word for the english pronoun 'same')

he dropped 2 albums in one year that sounded polar opposite to each other

2Bladez
02-24-2009, 09:42 AM
agree with you, ghostlaced

But is also true that lot of 2Pac fans are so dumb =)

ALCATRAZ
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
slim t is a square