PDA

View Full Version : The Last Decade of Hip Hop

noel411
02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Immortal Technique is the only particularly interesting or appealing mc to come out in the last decade or so.

This is my opinion.

Discuss.

Note: If he came out more than a decade ago then call me a fool and get on with the discussion, rather than dwelling on this small inaccuracy.

ALCATRAZ
02-23-2009, 10:38 PM
That shit is not opinion its a god damn fact

tha realness
02-24-2009, 12:26 AM
how bout Reks?

did Royce make any songs pre-2000?

i also think Skyzoo, Elohim Marino, Saigon and Elzhi have potential to make impacts too

corky831
02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
saigon, lupe, game

EAGLE EYE
02-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Immortal Technique is like the coffee shop liberal pant load version of X-Clan.

I think Gucci Mane is more interesting... why you ask?

He punched a hood rat out on stage
He has an iced out Bart Simpson pendant

(I actually was lying in bed not able to sleep the other night trying to figure out what the iced out Bart Simpson symbolized)

Im still stumped.

Afficial_Nastee
02-24-2009, 05:57 AM
The last Decade is a big word cuz Hip-Hop had a different sound in 2000 if you compare it to 2006 for example.....

So I would say 2000 - 2003 were great years for Hip-Hop as well cuz you had hardcore rap like DMX , Wu-Tang , Sticky Fingaz , D12 (from their Devil's Night cd) etc. on the tv....

In 2000 , 2001 and 2002 some of the illest Hip-Hop records were released : Necro - I Need Drugs and Gory Days , Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP , D12 - Devil's Night , Wu-Tang Clan - The W and Iron Flag (this cd is a banga in my opinion) , Chino XL - I Told You So, Immortal Technique his stuff, Tech N9ne - Anghellic , Sticky Fingaz - Black Trash , Bobby Digital - Digital Bullet , Killarmy released a cd in 2001 on 9/11 I guess, King Gordy was breakin' through , Jedi Mind Tricks released a bunch of dope cd's , Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele etc.

ALL of this was released between 2000 and 2003 so I don't understand why people criticize the DECADE when it's about Hip-Hop , they should criticize the SECOND HALF of the last decade cuz since 2005 shit has been falling off....

Since 2005 I've only liked that Searchin' for Jerry Garcia cd and the stuff that Army Of The Pharaohs have been releasin' plus that Chino XL record and WC had a nice cd in the summer of 2007 as well....

Edgar Erebus
02-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Immortal Technique is like the coffee shop liberal pant load version of X-Clan.

I think Gucci Mane is more interesting... why you ask?

He punched a hood rat out on stage
He has an iced out Bart Simpson pendant

(I actually was lying in bed not able to sleep the other night trying to figure out what the iced out Bart Simpson symbolized)

Im still stumped.

I simply love how people get all worked up over the most retarded shit. Prolly they are all satisfied inside 'cause it's a proof that they're not most stupid people on earth.

The Hound
02-24-2009, 08:54 AM
immortal technique ... bah, it's been a shitty decade if he's the best that came out

did Royce make any songs pre-2000?

he was on the slime shady LP

I simply love how people get all worked up over the most retarded shit. Prolly they are all satisfied inside 'cause it's a proof that they're not most stupid people on earth.

bateman was right, you never make sense

Slim always writes sentences that look like they make sense when you gaze over them, but on closer inspection, are almost completely nonsensical.

Edgar Erebus
02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
If that didn't make no sense to you... I feel for you, kid.

The Hound
02-24-2009, 09:08 AM
as a person who has english as their first language, no, it doesn't make sense

EAGLE EYE
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM

Gucci man gets you worked up?

noel411
02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
The last Decade is a big word cuz Hip-Hop had a different sound in 2000 if you compare it to 2006 for example.....

So I would say 2000 - 2003 were great years for Hip-Hop as well cuz you had hardcore rap like DMX , Wu-Tang , Sticky Fingaz , D12 (from their Devil's Night cd) etc. on the tv....

In 2000 , 2001 and 2002 some of the illest Hip-Hop records were released : Necro - I Need Drugs and Gory Days , Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP , D12 - Devil's Night , Wu-Tang Clan - The W and Iron Flag (this cd is a banga in my opinion) , Chino XL - I Told You So, Immortal Technique his stuff, Tech N9ne - Anghellic , Sticky Fingaz - Black Trash , Bobby Digital - Digital Bullet , Killarmy released a cd in 2001 on 9/11 I guess, King Gordy was breakin' through , Jedi Mind Tricks released a bunch of dope cd's , Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele etc.

ALL of this was released between 2000 and 2003 so I don't understand why people criticize the DECADE when it's about Hip-Hop , they should criticize the SECOND HALF of the last decade cuz since 2005 shit has been falling off....

Since 2005 I've only liked that Searchin' for Jerry Garcia cd and the stuff that Army Of The Pharaohs have been releasin' plus that Chino XL record and WC had a nice cd in the summer of 2007 as well....
I'm not talking about album releases. I'm talking about mc's who have debuted in the last decade.

Twiztid-Wutang
02-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Since Slim shady Lp dropped in 1999, Eminem is the BEST rapper of the last 10 years. Fuck the rest post 2000

Prolifical ENG
02-24-2009, 11:12 PM
immortal technique ... bah, it's been a shitty decade if he's the best that came out

pretty much

ButterCrunchJoints
02-25-2009, 12:33 AM
um, Lupe? how the hell does he not get recognition yet Technique does. Also, even though he only has one full LP as of yet, Blu seems like he's gonna be the next big thing.

Edgar Erebus
02-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Lupe

Uncle Steezo
02-25-2009, 06:10 AM
KANYE WEST- yall forget him as the super producer. and now hes like the #1 rapper.

hatin ass faggots

PHARRELL- defined the sound of MUSIC across all generes.

hatin ass faggots

LIL JON- Crunk music dominated all regions

hatin ass faggots

RAW-TASTE
02-25-2009, 06:13 AM
KANYE WEST- yall forget him as the super producer. and now hes like the #1 rapper.

hatin ass faggots

PHARRELL- defined the sound of MUSIC across all generes.

hatin ass faggots

LIL JON- Crunk music dominated all regions

hatin ass faggots

hahahahahah lil jon

Uncle Steezo
02-25-2009, 06:25 AM
hate all you want but all yo lil fav NY niggas was makin tracks with him.
Raw Taste suffers from post traumatic stress syndrome
after trying to get crunk and ending up getting assaulted to this song.

gOPk47fPcec

I'd like to add

J DILLA- as a solo artist. SV dropped in 97
Eminem-1999 is more a 00s era than a 90s era
MF DOOM- ditto

noel411
02-25-2009, 07:10 AM
um, Lupe? how the hell does he not get recognition yet Technique does. Also, even though he only has one full LP as of yet, Blu seems like he's gonna be the next big thing.
For me Lupe is the perfect example of how unappealing and uninteresting modern mc's are.

As for the guy who mentioned Doom, he's been around since way back in the day as part of KMD, otherwise he would be worthy of a mention.

noel411
02-25-2009, 07:12 AM
And no disrespect, but there is no way J Dilla would be mentioned here if he wasn't dead, just like he was never mentioned on this forum in general before he died.

Memory Man
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
edan.

Afficial_Nastee
02-25-2009, 12:02 PM
D12 for fuckin' real, they was already comin' through with some mixtapes and underground stuff and Proof appeared on some stuff with 5 Elementz in the 90's ....
Bizarre had a dope EP which even won an award in '98 but they really came through in 2000 when they appeared on some tracks with Eminem and they dropped a dope cd in 2001....

So if we're talkin' bout new and innovative groups of the new decade I would say D-12....

Uncle Steezo
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
As for the guy who mentioned Doom, he's been around since way back in the day as part of KMD, otherwise he would be worthy of a mention.
that was a completely different person. metaphorically. the kmd doom is dead

And no disrespect, but there is no way J Dilla would be mentioned here if he wasn't dead, just like he was never mentioned on this forum in general before he died.
well i didn't have anything to do with why he was or wasn't mentioned here...but he is like on primo's level when it comes to beats.
i think his death just brought awareness.
his work on Tribe alone grants him HoF status.

noel411
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
While I agree that Doom and Zev are pretty much 2 different people, you still can't really say he debuted in the last decade when he's been on albums well over a decade old.

And if you're talking about Dilla as a producer, this thread was only supposed to be about mc's anyway. Plus he didn't debut as a producer in the last decade.