PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson in FLOW

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
sOhDfZRllRM

Brought to you by that crazy thuggish nigga bizzy bone

Class, please turn your textbooks to 3:10 on the youtube video, and study how Bizzy kicks this shit

Sawed-off pumpin', dumpin'
Steadily all the way to the other side we ride,
Sherm, when I hit that corner now, niggas is 'bout to die,
Thugsta theivin' off in Cleveland,
And I couldn't sell out my ci-ty,
Murder now to come up, move,
Bone'll be bringin' that city, wit me pin me,
Nigga, this the team, by the way, don't fuck with brains,
Put in my mind all off on my murder,
Murder y'all all, and I flees the scene.
Clean, and I'm out to fade 'em.
Hey, and I'm out for money, gauged 'em,
Better pray to save 'em, but it won't do any good, now.
Bang bang, caution I lossin' me brain,
Get 'em up off the 'cane, bang,
Kill a nigga, bang,
Peel a trigger, bang,
Comin' up out to wet 'em, man.
Off with the blood,
Put 'em in the mud with a slug thug gotta get paid,
Reachin' on back as we bail to pick up me shells,
No slippin' the buck and the gauge spray,
Sawed-off on the block cocked, ready to pop ya, now,
'Cause broke gets played,
This dope get paid,
And nigga, come drop it down

They all kill it, alot of Bone fans like the first verse by Krayzie most as well

See, backpack Slug and J5 fans, this is what yall are missing with all that royce 59 joe budden bullshit

main_man
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
bone's first 2 albums were pretty dope. never really checked for em after east 1999. well, at least krayzie and bizzie, the other 2 were pretty trash, for real.

none of em got shit on my boy royce though. and thats fact.

GhettoGnom
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
BTNH is pretty average.. Using them as a lesson in flow, and using Royce as an example of bad flow, shows how you've completely misunderstood the term "flow".

Drunken Monk
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Btnh Always Keepin It Real

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
BTNH is pretty average.. Using them as a lesson in flow, and using Royce as an example of bad flow, shows how you've completely misunderstood the term "flow".

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Rep Power: 8 http://wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

spiggity_ace
02-24-2009, 06:32 PM

yo, my man, what is ur definition of flow, these guys are the kings of flow, i especially like krayzies but bizzy can go off at any time, krayzie has one of the fastest things ever laid to wax on the original flow motion, yo ghostlaced can u hit me up with the mp3 of this and the crossroads if u got em, mine keep repeating the same verse over and over.

GhettoGnom
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Rep Power: 8 http://wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

Aren't you from Birmingham or some shit? Bahaha, bitch stfu.

Royce's flow on Boom > Bizzy on bill collector
You want flow? Go listen to Pharoahe Monch, speed is not the same as flow, you probably think Rebel XD got the illest flow ever. Faggot

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes, I am from Birmingham City, whats so funny about that?

I dont get that joke.

You are from Norway, you fail.

You also said

BTNH is pretty average.. Using them as a lesson in flow, and using Royce as an example of bad flow, shows how you've completely misunderstood the term "flow"

..that BTNH are a bad example of Flow.

I will no longer read any of you posts, not just on hiphop, but any subject, due to that commment.

Edgar Erebus
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
As for BTNH, they have their VERY specific flow and if anyone used them for basis of their flowing, it would just sound like biting. (Now don't turn my words around and tell that I said their flow was wack.)

But, otherwise, there is a type of flow I enjoy even more than BTNH's.

jPK6BKdQdlI

Paranoid
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Bone thugs have the best flow undeniably...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7SoCQYnvNQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7SoCQYnvNQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ghostlaced still just discovered East 1999 like a week ago though

Longbongcilvaringz
02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
A REAL LESSON IN FLOW:

vDhS6FBV3MY

GhettoGnom
02-25-2009, 02:18 PM
As for BTNH, they have their VERY specific flow and if anyone used them for basis of their flowing, it would just sound like biting.

They kind of bit it from Mikah 9 though...

..that BTNH are a bad example of Flow.

I never said that. I said that using them as an example of good flow, while at the same time using Royce as an example of bad flow is fucking stupid.

Senator C. Palantine
02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
FLOW?! YOU WANT SOME FLOW, FAGGITS! THIS IS FUCKING FLOW YOU FUCKING FAGGITS!
FUCKING FAGGITS!
Y8KTe-ArtgQ

INF
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
If you gon talk about flow and fat Ricans ...

7OdG7Hk6ZOI

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
i put the royce thing in as bait for norways like yourself who think hip hop ends with people like royce and joe buddens, and true to form like the backpack stan you are, you were willing to come out dissin BTNH in favor of royce 59er.

GhettoGnom
02-25-2009, 02:58 PM
i put the royce thing in as bait for norways like yourself who think hip hop ends with people like royce and joe buddens, and true to form like the backpack stan you are, you were willing to come out dissin BTNH in favor of royce 59er.

I don't even like the Mood Muzik series.
And I'm still laughing a little bit inside that you'd think that being from Birmingham makes you more qualified to say ANYTHING about Hip Hop than someone from Norway.

cUUAwotkJPk
Now THAT, my friend, is flow.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Youre still bringing up Birmingham? A city with twice the population of you whole Nation?

I dont think youre gonna get far with that one.

As I said, youre from Norway, im from the second biggest city in England.

I think youre a retard if you really think the place you reside at equals knowledge on soemthing like hip hop, but if I had to say, then yes, I think anyone from an Eglish city is better placed than a Norway. Obviously youve never been to US, or New York, and you think everyone is walking round with boomboxes playing 90's hip hop.

Guess what, theyre not. THyere probably playing Lil Wayne.

But youre from Norway, you dont even speak English, so its understandable.

Oh and you also said BTNH are bad examples of flow. ahahahahahahahaaah

Paranoid
02-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Theres no denying Bone's flow mastery

I think you're just trying to defend yourself at this point with false statements

Heres another cool example of awesome flow

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGGTvpc584E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGGTvpc584E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1st guy

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
this is my major problem with backpackers.

theyre faggits.

"Ghhettognon" proved my point.

Instead of just coming out with "youre wrong Royce has good hip hop flows", they have to in the process shit on another artist that has sold lots of records, because GUESS WHAT, theyre TALENTED!!

E99 sold platinum, not because they tried to be commercial, because its a fuckign ill cd.

This is why no one like you nu-backpacking norways. You too quick to shit on real musicians in favor of freestyle battle rappers that got lucky.

Tage
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
MF Doom schools people on flow.

Monkdude
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
^haha good one... early nas had one of the best flows ever IMO

Paranoid
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Das Efx

Paranoid
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM
My 3,000th post

:nerdy:

Good day

Monkdude
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
oh, early prodigy too... he used to be able to change it up too... damn P was so dope back in the day... the intro track on the infamous compared to something like apostles warning... too ill

Wu-Rapatician.
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Give any member of the Bone Boys a beat,, they will rip that shiit up. Kray rapped over shook ones and it was ill as fuck.

Lay rapped over Deep cover and it was sick. Bone Thugs-n-harmony got one of the best flows in Hip-Hop.

GhettoGnom
02-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Youre still bringing up Birmingham? A city with twice the population of you whole Nation?

Actually, Birmingham doesn't even got a fourth of our population, not that it matters though.

You obviously didn't understand a word of what I said, so trying to debate with you is meaningless.

Lmao @ "hip hop flows".

And HOW the fuck did you draw the conclusion that I think people are walking around with boomboxes in NY?

And actually, I discovered Royce da 5'9" on MTV, and you obviously have no idea what the term "backpacker" means.

BTNH got one great album. As a group they're average.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
how about actually listenin to the first and last verse in the video posted faggit, its obvious you have never heard the song.

And Bone have more than 1 album dick, Creepin on a come up and art of war etc are all good albums, but bizzy left and they fell off.

Sean
02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
I just put on E1999 after reading this thread and I forgot how sick it is

narc
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
IMO biggie and big pun got the best flow

damn fat people are good

Paranoid
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Actually, Birmingham doesn't even got a fourth of our population, not that it matters though.

You obviously didn't understand a word of what I said, so trying to debate with you is meaningless.

Lmao @ "hip hop flows".

And HOW the fuck did you draw the conclusion that I think people are walking around with boomboxes in NY?

And actually, I discovered Royce da 5'9" on MTV, and you obviously have no idea what the term "backpacker" means.

BTNH got one great album. As a group they're average.

One classic album and a collection of bangers

They are far, far away from average

I'd like to hear your favorite rapper try and replicate that style or rap at such high speeds

They have insane skills and for some reason they do not get the recognition they rightfully deserve

main_man
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
can we all agree that the dope ones in btnh are krayzie and bizzie and wish and lazie are mediocre at best.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 05:24 PM
^yes wish is pretty average, i think layzie is dope though

but krayzie and bizzy just stand the fuck out lol

shame bizzy is a fucking lunatic, they might of had another classic.

rmf07ZueWLY

^and i honestly think this is one of the most incredible songs in the hip hop genre full stop. i posted it before but as were in this Flow thread, needs to be up in here

GhettoGnom
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I'd like to hear your favorite rapper try and replicate that style or rap at such high speeds

Why would Kool G want to do that? Speed ain't the equivalent of good.

And like I said earlier, look at the weird dude with the curls:
dacrJD_LDnA
r6zH6uMyU9c
That's Myka 9. BTNH replicates HIM.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
^^Err fail.

Bone thugs first album was recorded in 1992. Im almost certain they had no idea living in the hood in clevland who the hell myka 9 was.

these kids been spitting like this since they started.

itswhat they do.

you cant just copy someone doing it. youve got to have the skill.

they are some of the most talented MC's of the 90's. For you to say they are jsut rip offs of some guy like Myka 9 IS LAUGHABLE

BNTH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MYKA 9, its not even debatable

GhettoGnom
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Freestyle Fellowship started as a group in 1990. (Oh, and FF is legendary, stop refering to Myka 9 as "some guy". You're nutting all over his style without knowing it, try to show some appreciation along with your ignorance.)

I never said Myka 9 was better than BTNH, I don't think he is, but he invented their style and there's no denying it.

2Bladez
02-26-2009, 04:55 AM
method man's flow - the definition of what does mean to have a good flow =)

SMH
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I would say inspectah Deck owns many of those rappers flow wise. also check out raekwon at the end of hellz wind staff and little ghetto boys, flow wise its perfect

DUMBO
02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
the only way i could enjoy bone thugs is if i cut my penis off. this is the gayest shit ever.

Chungsanity
02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

cats need to stop getting at people for where they live. it's getting old now.

B.I.G. got the best flow ever.

Paranoid
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Why would Kool G want to do that? Speed ain't the equivalent of good.

And like I said earlier, look at the weird dude with the curls:
dacrJD_LDnA
r6zH6uMyU9c
That's Myka 9. BTNH replicates HIM.

um....no

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
B.I.G. got the best flow ever.

No offense, but Bone, esp Bizzy , fucked up Biggie on this track (this aint a post death biggie song btw)

yOmftCcjFCk

GhettoGnom
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
um....no

So you do not think Mikah 9 originated their style?

Elaborate.

J-DON
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
HOLD THE FUCK UP

http://www.zshare.net/audio/56216611c2bc7942/

NEW BONE THUGS N HARMONY (INCLUDING BIZZY AND FLESH N BONE[he got out])

Chungsanity
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
No offense, but Bone, esp Bizzy , fucked up Biggie on this track (this aint a post death biggie song btw)

yOmftCcjFCk

actually big held his own, and that wasnt even his style.

just listen to hypnotize to see what flow is about.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Bizzys verse after big kills it for me.

Just like Bizzy owned the 2pac/bones track.

n_PWlSi0sg0

(1st verse) Pac and Big both came strong thogh

Paranoid
02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
So you do not think Mikah 9 originated their style?

Elaborate.

there are similarities but he sounds nothing like them

Heavy Ammunition
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Speaking of Bone Thugs, they dropped a new a track. They all on it too.

nVHWjXM-zLo

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5619814436409547/

Paranoid
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
HOLD THE FUCK UP

http://www.zshare.net/audio/56216611c2bc7942/

NEW BONE THUGS N HARMONY (INCLUDING BIZZY AND FLESH N BONE[he got out])

DOPE!

Memory Man
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
anyone see the video on wshh where bone thugs and k-fed are collabing? it was disturbing.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
godam Bizzy and Krayzie MURDER that new song

J-DON
02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Layzie wasnt mediocre. He definitley stood out on some tracks. Could you imagine East 1999 (the track) without Layzie starting it off? Shit wouldnt be the same.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2009, 05:52 PM
imo they are all fucking dope. wish just got it tough because of the other 4.

bizzy
krayzie
layzie
flesh
wish

Layzie got a dope voice.

claaa7
02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
damn, I'm really missing "E. 1999 Eternal", that was one of the first hip-hop albums i got and used to bang the shit out of that but i lost it somewhere along the way a couple years back.. classic.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
^im still waiting for your rep for my jay z thread after i reppued yours :)

ill send you the e99 album if you want?

GhettoGnom
02-27-2009, 01:41 AM
there are similarities but he sounds nothing like them

Okay.. Let me ask it like this, what did BTNH do with their flow that Mikah hadn't already done?

claaa7
02-27-2009, 05:18 AM
ECGIsDyJR4U

Paranoid
02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Okay.. Let me ask it like this, what did BTNH do with their flow that Mikah hadn't already done?

I'm not denying its possible they could have been influenced by some of the elements of his style

but they still don't sound alike

they still have their own sound

spiggity_ace
02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
btnh has 2 classics at least, creepin on ah come up and east 1999, even though creepin was an ep every track is a classic on their.

Paranoid
02-28-2009, 07:38 PM

If what you're accusing with no proof even was correct, then they improved it

Rode Block
03-01-2009, 04:43 AM
When talking bout flows how you not gonna bring up Pun?

4_MCBR_e4ZI

^No one is fucking with that flow...he don't even sound human. The flow on this song is too real.

claaa7
03-01-2009, 06:19 AM
^^ co-sign, Big Pun was an OG in hip-hop after only 3 years in the game..

Rollo
03-01-2009, 09:51 AM
When talking bout flows how you not gonna bring up Pun?

4_MCBR_e4ZI

^No one is fucking with that flow...he don't even sound human. The flow on this song is too real.

Pun's flow was good, unfortunately, it was also largely a fabrication.

The man has punch ins all over his shit. His breath control was non-existant and it has long been established that he needed a great deal of help from studio engineers to get his shit to sound how it sounds.

G rap on ill street blues is an excellent example of flow and execution.

BGS
03-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I would say inspectah Deck owns many of those rappers flow wise. also check out raekwon at the end of hellz wind staff and little ghetto boys, flow wise its perfect

the only way i could enjoy bone thugs is if i cut my penis off. this is the gayest shit ever.

co-sign

YungSunny
03-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Lol Big Pun sound like Skampoe.....

*gets shot*

Big Lee
03-01-2009, 01:57 PM
dkeB--IMX94

THE W
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
check out meth on iron god chamber, wolves, and windmill for some great lessons.

YungSunny
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
dkeB--IMX94

Pretty much beats this whole thread.

Rode Block
03-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Pun's flow was good, unfortunately, it was also largely a fabrication.

The man has punch ins all over his shit. His breath control was non-existant and it has long been established that he needed a great deal of help from studio engineers to get his shit to sound how it sounds.

G rap on ill street blues is an excellent example of flow and execution.

Pun didn't start doing that until Yeaaaah Baby. Big Pun HAD the flow...just listen to some of his live freestyles!

LuYXzTAq3kc

^Sound engineering ain't creating that flow!

and Co-Sign on ill street blues.

Paranoid
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
id just like to state for those that are bashing it

The Art of War is a dope album

Lots of nice tracks on it

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
sOhDfZRllRM

Brought to you by that crazy thuggish nigga bizzy bone

Class, please turn your textbooks to 3:10 on the youtube video, and study how Bizzy kicks this shit

Sawed-off pumpin', dumpin'
Steadily all the way to the other side we ride,
Sherm, when I hit that corner now, niggas is 'bout to die,
Thugsta theivin' off in Cleveland,
And I couldn't sell out my ci-ty,
Murder now to come up, move,
Bone'll be bringin' that city, wit me pin me,
Nigga, this the team, by the way, don't fuck with brains,
Put in my mind all off on my murder,
Murder y'all all, and I flees the scene.
Clean, and I'm out to fade 'em.
Hey, and I'm out for money, gauged 'em,
Better pray to save 'em, but it won't do any good, now.
Bang bang, caution I lossin' me brain,
Get 'em up off the 'cane, bang,
Kill a nigga, bang,
Peel a trigger, bang,
Comin' up out to wet 'em, man.
Off with the blood,
Put 'em in the mud with a slug thug gotta get paid,
Reachin' on back as we bail to pick up me shells,
No slippin' the buck and the gauge spray,
Sawed-off on the block cocked, ready to pop ya, now,
'Cause broke gets played,
This dope get paid,
And nigga, come drop it down

They all kill it, alot of Bone fans like the first verse by Krayzie most as well

See, backpack Slug and J5 fans, this is what yall are missing with all that royce 59 joe budden bullshit

Agreed, and agreed. Bone STILL kills it, Just because their not on MTV, Idiots dont check for em anymore.

I do, and Ghost, we dont agree on much, but we do for this one. Props