PDA

View Full Version : Geto Boys

noel411
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Geto Boys, We Can't Be Stopped, and 'Til Death Do Us Part are 3 of the greatest hip hop albums of all time imo. The 2 former more so than the latter. Def 3 of my personal faves. The first 2 are pretty well appreciated, but the 3rd is heavily slept on and under-appreciated. Some of the best production ever on an album from the south. Scarface ripped it on that album too. The first 2 are a perfect example of why early gangster rap was so much more entertaining than modern hip hop. Every song with an interesting or humouress theme, rather than some clown just trying to kick a hot verse. Good shit indeed.

What's the Geto Boys appreciation level like around here?

main_man
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
the geto boys are my personal run-dmc.
grip it on that other level (or the geto boys album) changed the way i saw hip hop.

b-dolo
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a2/Theressurectiongetoboys.jpg/200px-Theressurectiongetoboys.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Theressurectiongetoboys.jpg)

slept on album

Wu-Tang Gambino
02-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Legends, one of the greatest of all-time. Tons of classics and then you have Face's solo discog. Willie D's got some dope solos too and people forget about Big Mike's brief stint w/ them, he's the best ever from my state imo.

CharlesJones
02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Noel411 i see you came back on here. I haven't seen you in a long time. I'm a Geto Boys fan and We Can't Be Stopped and Till Death Do Us Part albums are very good. Doesn't the Geto Boys album have the same songs that are on Grip It On That Other Level album? I like Big Mike. Too bad his solo albums suck because of beats LOL. He's a good rapper. I like his Somethin Serious and Hard To Hit albums. Willie D is my favorite southern rapper hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That dude always got something funny to say in his songs but he speaks the truth. LOL@his songs Welfare Bitches, Baldhead Hoes, Fuck Rodney King, Yo Pussy My Dick, So What, Knock Em Out, Pussy In The Click. Hey Noel411 check out this funny skit he has on his Loved By Few, Hated By Many album. The skit is called Siccness and it has 2 black dudes talking about Willie D while they're watching Geto Boys Gangsta Put Me Down video. I know they're watching that video because you can hear the song in the background. Here's how the conversation went.

black dude #1:Gangsta put me down. Man you like that nigga there man?
black dude #2:Who? Willie D? Hell yeah, he one of the realest nigga.
black dude #1:He ain't one of shit. Don't say no shit like that man. Fuck that nigga man LOL.
black dude #2:Why you hating nigga?
black dude #1:Fuck that nigga man and i ain't hating. Just fuck that nigga man LOL. That nigga riding around town fucking all my bitches LOL. He even fucked Renee man.
black dude #2:Renee man?
black dude #1:Yeah he fucked Renee my wife nigga LOL.
black dude #2:Naw man
black dude #1:They was in Vegas man at the fight.
black dude #2:He got some pussy from her didn't he? LOL
black dude #1:That ain't funny man. He fucking all my broads LOL. Pam, Lisa, Angie, everybody man hahahahahahahahahahaha. That big baldhead, ghetto boy, rap a lot, recognize the real. Man fuck that nigga man LOL. He ain't shit LOL. I can't stand that nigga. That nigga think he balling. When i see that nigga, i got something for that nigga man LOL.

snapple
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
i've always felt like ive under appreciated these guys.....they had some dope songs back when....scarface is a really taltented MC...but i haven't heard a lot of their shit...i dont even kno where to begin....

The Hound
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
i love how charlesjones knows all this geto boys shit off by heart hahahahaha

i'm not a gentleman is real spit

noel411
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Charles, yeah Grip It... and the self titled album more or less have the same tracks on them. I think Grip It... was released first and then shortly after released as the self titled album. I don't recall why. And yeah, Willy D is a funny motherfucker. I own the album with that skit on it. I think his Play Witcha Mama album was pretty good. Big Mike was a good fill in for Willy on the Til Death... album too.

CharlesJones
02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I like Willie D's Play Witcha Mama album. I saw his Myspace page and he says he has a new album coming out. I hope it comes out this year because it was supposed to come out last year he told me. I emailed him a few times and i asked him when was the album coming out and i told him that he's my favorite southern rapper. He said he appreciated that. LOL@I'm Not A Gentleman song hahahahahahahahahahaha. That song makes me laugh everytime i listen to it. LOL@he said bitches act like they handicapped, want me to open doors, pull up chairs and all that hahahahahahahahahahaha. Your pussy ain't no more important than my dick miss LOL. I'll straight up tell a bitch to suck my dick LOL. Fuck that beating around the bush shit hahahahahahahahahahaha. When i go see a ho, i don't knock on the door LOL. When we go to a restaurant, i don't let her pick it cause she'll try to choose the one most expensive LOL. Well slow punk ass ho, bring your ass on hahahahahahahahaha. You say i disrespect women like i'm crazy but every woman ain't a muthafucking lady LOL. I know he pissed off a lot of ignorant black men with Geto Boys Niggas And Flies song and his solo song Niggas Are Dying but he's speaking the truth about them.

main_man
02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
grip it! on that other level came out first, and got the geto boys a nationwide buzz. after rick rubin heard grip it!, he thought it was the most offensive rap record he ever heard and wanted to distribute it nationally on his label, def american.

they dropped 2 songs off grip it! and added 2 new ones. changed the lyrics slightly, remastered the tracks and thats the geto boys self titled album. the manufacturer for def american objected to the content and made them put a warning label on the geto boys album that said the distributers disagreed with everything on the album, pretty much.

check two
02-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, and 'Making Trouble' was the first Geto Boys album right? The original members were Bushwick Bill, DJ Ready Red, Jukebox and Prince Johnny C. Then after that album, Jukebox and Johnny C. were replaced with Scarface and Willie D.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Makingtrouble.jpg

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
classicon the world of hip hop
that aking troubl album mae me crazy

Prolifical ENG
02-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I found used copies of the self titled album and resurrection a few years back.

The appreciation level of them around here is low....seems as if scarface solos are more appreciated. oh yeah i found bushwick bill fantom of the rapra off of the same guy selling cds months later.

noel411
02-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Word Charles, those Willy D lyrics are classic.

Thanks for clearing that up main_man. I'd forgotten exactly what the history was.

Yeah Check, Making Trouble was the first Geto Boys album. It was quite shit. Bushwick didn't actually rap on it. I heard he was a dancer for the group, HA!

Phantom of the Rapra is arguably the best Geto Boys solo album imo. Scarface's first 3 were pretty good though. Also, I've never heard Willy D's first 2.

CharlesJones
02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Noel411 you gotta hear Willie D's first 2 albums Controversy and I'm Goin Out Like A Soldier. I think you might like them. You think Bushwick's Phantom Of The Rapra is better than his first album Little Big Man? LOL. I didn't like Phantom Of The Rapra. LOL@Willie D's lyrics on Fuck Rodney King when he said fuck that muthafucking sellout ho hahahahahahahaha. They need to beat his ass some more hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He said on You Still A Nigga song, so get a nosejob like Michael Jackson hahahahahahahahahahaha. Go to a white school and change your accent LOL. Try to get a job and count how many doors slam LOL. I can't forget about my baldhead hoes LOL. To some it's a fashion to wear weaves and ponytails but them other hoes wanna be white girls LOL. You don't see white folks trying to act black do ya? LOL. So while your laughing at the brother in dreads, you need to get them chemicals out your own muthafucking head LOL.

Rollo
02-28-2009, 02:23 AM
One of my ten favorite all time groups.
Bushwick Bill isn't a great or even good mc, but as a group they mesh well. Willie D has that energy about him and Scarface is one of the GOAT.

main_man
02-28-2009, 02:30 AM
here's something that might be kind of rare. it the video mix for "straight gangtaism" that has a scarface verse on it. it's edited, cause thats the only version i ever heard of.

but its got a scarface verse on it, so thats always a good thing.

geto boys "straight gangstaism [video mix]"

http://www.zshare.net/audio/56294642f0d09dfa/

CharlesJones
02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Rollo what you talking about Bushwick isn't a good rapper? He is a good rapper. I saw Straight Gangstaism video a long time ago so i know Scarface has a verse on it. His verse should've been included on the album.

Rollo
02-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Rollo what you talking about Bushwick isn't a good rapper? He is a good rapper.

No, he's not. His flow sucks, he has a hard time showing emotion/is monotone and he had to have ganxsta nip ghost write for him.

BRONZBODY
02-28-2009, 07:10 PM
willie d is dope...i actually have a pic i took with him somewhere dont remember if its in my crib or my parents crib..if i ever find it ill scan it for u cj so u can see it.

btw little hooker is my personal fave willie d song

i said u anit no looker.......u little hooker!!!!
i said u aint no looker......U MUTHAFUKKIN LITTLE HOOKER!!!!

main_man
02-28-2009, 08:24 PM
you cant diss the dwarf-psycho-gangsta-one eyed-serial killer rapper. i mean, damn, whats it take to entertain these fickle ass muh fuckaz. jesus christ.

noel411
02-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I dl'ed Willie D's Controversy and Goin' Out Like a Soldier albums last night, so I'll give those a spin real soon.

And yeah Charles, I think Rapra is a much better album than Little Big Man. I think the LBM album is pretty ordinary. Rapra is quite a dark album. It's really good imo.

check two
03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
The Foundation was a good album also, even though there was a little too much softness in a few of the songs. So is Bushwick still putting out Christian albums nowadays? What was the beef between the members of the Geto Boys, I forget? I just remember that is was tough for them to put their differences aside for the Foundation album.

noel411
03-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah Foundation had some good tracks on it. All in all I'm not overly enthused about their later albums. Same goes for the solos. Bushwick hasn't dropped an album for a while. I wasn't brave enough to check out his last 2 anyway. Maybe I'll dl them one day. Not sure about beefs. I just remember hearing that they generally don't like each other, so it was hard to get them together for the last album.

check two
03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Will I heard he put a Christian album out in 2008. lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Bushwick-testimony.jpg

Chungsanity
03-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Cause on the city streets today a brother just' can't win
when the people you think are your friends really ain't your friends Uh
And Bushwick can't sleep
when everybody aroun' me keeps fallin' six feet deep

realist shit ever

b-dolo
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
they got mutherfuckin drugs in the slums.
got us killing one another over crumbs
Think I'm lying.
Well muthafucker I got proof
Name a section in your city where minorities group
and I'ma show you prostitutes, dope and hard times
and a murder rate that never declines

bushwick

noel411
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Will I heard he put a Christian album out in 2008. lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Bushwick-testimony.jpg
Oh my. I wasn't aware of that. My first reaction was to steer well and truly clear of this, but shit, I just have to hear it. I'm gonna try to dl it.

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
That sucks that Bushwick isn't doing hardcore music anymore. I didn't know he was into gospel music now. His last solo album is called Gutter Mixx and i think it came out in 2005. It sucked because of the beats. I don't know if Geto Boys don't like each other anymore. I've never heard them in interviews saying they dislike each other. I'm sure they could probably get together more often to do more group albums if it wasn't for these fucked up record companies like their label Rap A Lot. Willie D lives overseas now so he might be part of the reason why it's hard for them to get together to do more albums.

Mel Gibstein
03-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Scarface is GOAT.