PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead-How to Disappear Completely

noel411
02-24-2009, 10:06 PM
This is probably the heaviest song I've ever heard. One of the realest and greatest songs ever penned.

That's all.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Blee dat.

oDoUoSoKo
02-24-2009, 11:12 PM
nah, i love the song, but its not at top 5 Radiohead songs for me.

noel411
02-25-2009, 09:59 PM
It's number 1 Radiohead song for me. Although maybe tied with Exit Music.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
yes i did a thread about this song a while ago..

I walk thru walls.....

i float down the liffey

Uncle Steezo
02-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Yo the force of emotion is epic.
the song feels like that moment right when a drug kicks in. doesn't matter what it is, THC coke heroine X liquor. but that moment when you move rapidly from sober to under the influence.
and you have that "mmmmmmm hmmmm there it is" feeling. thats this song.

HTDC can literally get you high.

just like most RH songs, with HTDC, all types of meaning can be gleaned from the lyrics.
i always felt it was a song about emptiness. like a rape victim or even the rapist. the escapism and the loss of self during the act, and the emptiness that follows. thom said the subject matter of Kid A was Brutal and horrible.

7vFaoA7t2RE

my shit was morning bell too
its supposedly is about the house they worked on kid a in. it was haunted.

he was asking the ghost to leave him alone

DAwGWptsOls

noel411
02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
just like most RH songs, with HTDC, all types of meaning can be gleaned from the lyrics.
i always felt it was a song about emptiness. like a rape victim or even the rapist. the escapism and the loss of self during the act, and the emptiness that follows. thom said the subject matter of Kid A was Brutal and horrible.
To me it is about being in such a fucked up situation, one event or just in life in general, that you just tune out and say "I'm not here, this isn't happen". It's about denial. The instrumental track and Thom's vocals perfectly capture the emotion of the lyrics. Even the end part where it gets kind of trippy is brilliantly executed.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Yo the force of emotion is epic.
the song feels like that moment right when a drug kicks in. doesn't matter what it is, THC coke heroine X liquor. but that moment when you move rapidly from sober to under the influence.
and you have that "mmmmmmm hmmmm there it is" feeling. thats this song.

HTDC can literally get you high.

7vFaoA7t2RE

my shit was morning bell too
its supposedly is about the house they worked on kid a in. it was haunted.

he was asking the ghost to leave him alone

DAwGWptsOls

yea, i dont do any of those grown man drugs, but i used to get high and just listen to radiohead and let tell a story within my own mind. I have no idea if thats the story Yorke intented it to be (undoubtedly it wasnt) but it made sense to me at the time.

oDoUoSoKo
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Exit Music, and more importantly...Climbing Up The Walls.....those are epic to me, as far as build.

INF
02-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I love Kid A. I just bought a copy today on wax. Thats an album I have had since day 1. How to Disappear completely has been good and bad to me. At times its been the song I hate on that record and other times it really helps.

I tripped some wicked shrooms last year and one of the places I was at when I started tripping had this record on and I stayed for the whole thing. Some parts of the record were really spooky. I didnt expect it but that record is scary while on shrooms.

my favorite off of kid a is the national anthem.

If you open up the back of the jewel case for the cd you can find some extra art that Thom did under another name.

Uncle Steezo
02-28-2009, 01:40 AM
National anthem used to be my fav. i rotate favs. when the horns come in....dope.

RH are masters at taking you across the galaxy in 5 minutes without you even noticing you moved.

its hard to replay some songs cuz at the end you are in such a diff mood than the beginning of the song.

something to think about when making an album.

Kid A is currently my fav song.
"we've got heads on sticks.... you've got ventriloquists"

oDoUoSoKo
02-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Y2rlQdfZXUg

'Nuff Said.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-28-2009, 12:12 PM
i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive, they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies
i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive, they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies they'll be no more lies

oDoUoSoKo
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
eloels, ya i love that shit.

Uncle Steezo
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
you heard the fila brazillia remix to climbing up the walls?
dJszxrG_sH4

oDoUoSoKo
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
meh, dont really feel it^^

Olive Oil Goombah
02-28-2009, 01:09 PM
i've been listening to Reckoner alot lately since my cousin died....i dunno what the song is supposed to mean, but it nurtures my sadness when i yearn to feel sad. no schlomo.

netscape check two
03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Bullet Proof ... I Wish I Was and Street Spirit (Fade Out).

noel411
03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah The Bends is an excellent album. For individual tracks I'd generally go to their other albums though, bar Pablo Honey.

Sometimes when I'm high I lay in the darkness and listen to How To Disappear Completely. It can be a heavy experience.

JerseyIronman
03-13-2009, 06:55 PM
that sound in the back of "How to Disappear Completely" that starts it off alone for the first 2 seconds sounds really creepy, like sounds from a horror movie when something really bad happens.

JerseyIronman
03-13-2009, 07:00 PM
To me it is about being in such a fucked up situation, one event or just in life in general, that you just tune out and say "I'm not here, this isn't happen". It's about denial. The instrumental track and Thom's vocals perfectly capture the emotion of the lyrics. Even the end part where it gets kind of trippy is brilliantly executed.

Thats what i imagined to be about.

Like you just got some really bad news and you go into shock and stop responding to people and are oblivious to the outside world cuz you just got some heavy shit dropped on you. Or could also be that your in a situation you really want to get out of/away from.