PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Chile or Slight Return ?

Jeru
02-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Ok so, Electric Ladyland... Classic album.

Alot of gems on there but out of the 2 Voodoo Chile versions wich one do you find the best? A couple of months ago I would've chosen Slight Return but now having copped Electric Ladyland and given it a very good listen I'm going for the original...the drum breaks are phenomenal, the guitar playing is awesome, everything is on point. I may have chosen this version because I'm an avid Blues fan but Slight Return is also magnificent. Wich one do you choose?

Senator C. Palantine
02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Slight Return for me.

Album is the shiznit.

INF
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
I like the first one cuz of the live atmosphere. Its like being in a bar and jimi is up there doin it big.

My favorite line is the edge of the hand mountain chopping line. I love the mental visual that line gives me.

also when he said he would make love to that chick and she would feel no pain is DOPE.

....and at the same time I'm right here in yo ... picture frame

RIP

The Hound
02-27-2009, 01:45 PM
slight return

is this question ever necessary>

Jeru
02-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Uhm yes it is because alot of people automatically assume that because he played Slight Return at Woodstock it is therefore the better version even though alot of people prolly never heard the original Voodoo Chile.

djskillz
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Gotta go for the original. Love them both and I wouldn't want one without the other but the original just has something special about it that I like.

The Hound
03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Uhm yes it is because alot of people automatically assume that because he played Slight Return at Woodstock it is therefore the better version even though alot of people prolly never heard the original Voodoo Chile.

way to over analyze

Jeru
03-01-2009, 06:56 AM
way to over analyze

Thank you, I do my best lol

oDoUoSoKo
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Original....slightly, over Slight Return.

Edgar Erebus
03-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Slight Return.

Although it wasn't a fair decision. I chose Return because I heard countless wack rockers playing in vein of the original Chile. Plus I've always liked wah wah guitar.