PDA

View Full Version : Asher Roth:

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Probably in my current top 3 white emcees (beside Eminem whose mildly overrated) with Big Wax and Aesop Rock.

He's pretty much the perfect white emcee, he is portraying himself with his audience (white college students) and that's good. Race shouldn't play a role, but its nice to see a white dude who isn't from the streets that people can listen to and say "that's hip hop."

I mean he's got a solid mixtape, and a single, so i mean i don't know what that will lead to, but its a start.

In his own words:

The first CD I ever bought was Dave Matthews Bandís 'Crash'...That is how suburban I am...I finally got into hip hop in í98 when I heard the Annie sample with Jay-Z....When I wrote my ĎA Millieí freestyle, that was me listening to 10 years of hip hop and not relating to it at all. Like, Damn I donít sell coke. Damn, I donít have cars or 25-inch rims. I donít have guns. I finally got to a point where I had the confidence to do this thing myself, and I was making music for me. And it turns out, a lot of people feel the same way I do.

That's cool, cause i can relate, that's the same music i listened to and shit.

I was always from the outside looking in,Ē says Roth. ďHip-hop has always been very influential in the Ďburbs, [but] itís just a matter of where we could relate to it. You find a lot of kids that are really confused. You look at them and theyíre dressed out of character. They donít look right. I figured out, I donít have to dress this way, but you can still love hip-hop.

And I totally agree with that, hip hop is for everyone but ghetto style isn't.

Dominus Santorini
03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow that was a straight PR job!

I don't relate to that shit either, it's entertainment for fucks sake.

I'm going to leave it that, because I don't want this to turn into a tirade

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I didn't read all of that, but Asher Roth is gay as fuck, and so is anybody who listens to him.

So is Dave Matthews. I fucking hate Dave Matthews.

And I am from the suburbs , and proud of it.

I agree that being "gangsta" is not for everybody, but there is a certain mentality about rap music, and Asher does not possess it. Basically, he has no soul. White people can have soul, but Asher Roth is soulless, and that is the first quality that I look for in music.

The 2nd quality is lack of being a pussy-ass faggot, and Asher Roth does not fulfill that either.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-01-2009, 05:03 PM
whats witht he weekley faggy asher roth thread for pisses sake.
thats one too many new asher roth thread in the last 2 weeks making the wu tang hip hop shop look like the wet douchbag of the internet.

i didnt relate to Godfather or Goodfellas either fagjob, doesnt mean i dont stil fucking like the films alot.

get a grip of yourself.

if you want to go celebrate being a fagnoided white college kid, go do it in college, not in hip hop. K? bye.

ALCATRAZ
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Probably in my current top 3 white emcees (beside Eminem whose mildly overrated) with Big Wax and Aesop Rock.

with all due respect 2 u, if ASHER ROTH is in your "current top 3 white emcees" list than you probably don't know too many white emcees lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-01-2009, 05:13 PM
with all due respect spaekonagod, he is making a thread devoted to a asher and hes from new hampshire, i wouldnt worry too much about his favorite emcees

ALCATRAZ
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
tru

christart
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
i heard that "i love college" song way too many times last night at this party. song sucks, but i heard he has some ill shit.

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
fucking disgusting

i'm black, from the burbs, listen to rock and electronic music as well as hip hop and reggae, go to college, and still don't want to hear this asshole

can we all a moratorium on asher roth threads, for the love of hip hop

and if your first hip hop album was jay-z vol 2 because of the annie sample, go fuck yourself.

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
also he needs to broaden his horizons on hip hop if all he thinks it's about is drugs, guns, and rims

he's doing nothing original

Rollo
03-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Never heard him. People bitching about him are typically retarded jansport wearing, back pack dick suckers, who think everything should sound like they feel.
I find it hilarious to be quite honest.

I never listened to him for the same reason I don't listen to a lot of indie hop.
I'm worried he'll be some emo irrelevant "let me throw out abstract garb, and pass it off as lyricism, just because it takes people a moment to figure out what I've said" category.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-01-2009, 05:58 PM
bahaha I love the responses.

If you hate Dave Matthews you should die...

I like the music cause its different. I think raps taken too seriously as being something, but all it is a means of expression, its just music. I don't think rap needs to be about the streets every time. I don't think it should be black centric. I don't think that guns, money, and drugs is everything. Wu tang does that, nas does that, dead prez does that, immortal technique does that, snoop does that. Nothing wrong with it, cause thats them.

Hip hop sounds good. Its currently considered pop music by and large. So if a dude wants to be real then let him. He's got a decent flow (shitty lyrics but whatever) and that should be enough. I mean "I love college" isn't very "hip hop" its more like chill rock. I like chill rock, thus I like Roth. I mean look at current day hip hop. Its pretty much poser rappers delivering bullshit stories to white college kids. So don't hate a guy for being a white dude whos talking about the stuff his listeners do. If he was trying to rap about black stuff he'd be fake. He's being real. Hip hops the sound not the material. Jazz about suicide is still jazz as is jazz about killing people. A sounds a sound.

I do with his stuff was on original beats, but its just a mix tape i guess.

ALCATRAZ
03-01-2009, 06:02 PM
threadstarter name your top 5 white emcees minus asher roth

03-01-2009, 06:05 PM

I like the music cause its different. I think raps taken too seriously as being something, but all it is a means of expression, its just music. I don't think rap needs to be about the streets every time. I don't think it should be black centric. I don't think that guns, money, and drugs is everything. Wu tang does that, nas does that, dead prez does that, immortal technique does that, snoop does that. Nothing wrong with it, cause thats them.

Hip hop sounds good. Its currently considered pop music by and large. So if a dude wants to be real then let him. He's got a decent flow (shitty lyrics but whatever) and that should be enough. I mean "I love college" isn't very "hip hop" its more like chill rock. I like chill rock, thus I like Roth. I mean look at current day hip hop. Its pretty much poser rappers delivering bullshit stories to white college kids. So don't hate a guy for being a white dude whos talking about the stuff his listeners do. If he was trying to rap about black stuff he'd be fake. He's being real. Hip hops the sound not the material. Jazz about suicide is still jazz as is jazz about killing people. A sounds a sound.

Nobody hates him for being white.

I don't even hate him.

I just don't like his music, because it isn't good.

And hahahahah @ your love of Dave Matthews's faggot ass.

Do you call him "Dave"

"Hey, bra, did you hear that new dave?"

"Dudeski, I hope my mom let's me off grounding in time to catch the dave show".

oDoUoSoKo
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
seriously...way too many Asher Roth threads.

03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
I didn't realize that there were so many Asher Roth threads on this site.

The fact that we are being overwhelmed by the sheer number of Asher Roth threads definitely speaks to the overall homosexuality of wu-corp users.

Can you just merge them all into one giant ball-of-shit thread?

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM

initially i was going to refute all of the moronic statements in this post, but the whole thing is unmitigated ignorance. you acknowledge that his lyrics are shit but then go on to defend him and then act like he's the only artist that talks about stuff other than drugs and guns, as if that's all every black mc talks about. you're an idiot, and dave matthews is bland and innocuous fluff.

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-01-2009, 06:14 PM

The fact that we are being overwhelmed by the sheer number of Asher Roth threads definitely speaks to the overall homosexuality of wu-corp users.

lol

you're alright, dan.

POISON VENOM
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Wack Juice

RynMur
03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
You like him over Eminem because he is mildly overrated? You know Asher's flow, style, and personality is exactly like Em's? He's a stan.

03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I am not an Eminem fan either, but I admit that he is an extremely skilled rapper. He and Asher are very different.

RynMur
03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
haha lyrically, asher doesn't have a chance

ALCATRAZ
03-01-2009, 08:04 PM
He stopped posting since I asked him to name his top 5 without listing Asher lolol

Longbongcilvaringz
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, he's shit.

White_Mouse
03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
i've said everything in a previous thread, but this is the first one i've seen started by a dude that likes him ugh

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
you should listen to other white emcees if this guy is in your "top 3"

TheBoarzHeadBoy
03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Nobody hates him for being white.

I don't even hate him.

I just don't like his music, because it isn't good.

And hahahahah @ your love of Dave Matthews's faggot ass.

Do you call him "Dave"

"Hey, bra, did you hear that new dave?"

"Dudeski, I hope my mom let's me off grounding in time to catch the dave show".

read me like a fucking book...

I use slang like dudeski, brohammad, bromosexual, buddy, champ, hoss, chief, Bromo Sapien and bromate when addressing people, dude generally for females, bro for males.

But really I mean I've been joking about liking Asher Roth (I just like the music video he's pretty crappy), but you hate DMB that much? How do ladies love you "cool" Dan? How do songs like Grave Digger, The Song That Jane Likes, or Me and Her, not make you get harder than a diamond in a blizzard?

I think you might be gay...

03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't see the correlation between NOT liking 'Dave' and homosexuality.

Guys who listen to 'Dave" are more likely to:

--Trip acid and ask other guys to touch their hand because 'it feels weird"

--Dance around without moving their feet in a weird noodling motion

--Rock sandals

--Wear puka shell necklaces

--Get drunk and tell their buddies that they love them.

So, in conclusion, although I have no empirical data, I would be willing to wager that the population of males who listen to 'Dave' actually contains a HIGHER percentage of homosexuals than the population who thinks that 'Dave' is a whiney little fag.

BIG D O
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
if this bitin ass muthafucka in your top three white emcee's your insane.....not to mention you got horrible taste in music...

Roth is for the hipsters and college kids that wanna hear someone un-threatening and suburban in their rhymes.....not knocking that, but hey...that's pretty much the lamest it gets to me....

JoJo Pellegrino, Shawn Wiggs and Rugged Intellect are the three illest white cats doin it man....period....

they the white version of nas (JoJo), ghost (shawn) and Pun (rugged).....

drippie k
03-02-2009, 03:26 AM
asher roth is just doin him man, he ain't tryna sell a million copies or rappin about what "typical" in rap music...he likes to rap and he raps about what he knows and he's good at it..i don't really like his stuff much either, i can't relate too much to it, but it's good for what it is..that "i love college" single is ok, nothing great but it's tolerable...rather listen to that than "prom queen"

Twiztid-Wutang
03-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Word. Id bet it would resemble one bih herpe.

Memory Man
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM

i like david matthews
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_NEIbLpg5E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_NEIbLpg5E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oh, wait... you're talking about that talentless, mumbling shithead who thinks he's paul simon... never mind.

Rollo
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I just heard this guy today, he annoys me for the same reasons eminem does. He's like eminem but without the charisma. He fakes his diction and has an accent at times and doesn't at others. Someone should shoot him for being the rap version of black face.

I thought my shit was bad but damn, he makes white people look fuckin ridiculous.

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
^^^^^lol

death by drowning>>>>>>>>>immolation>>>>>>>>>asher roth