PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Hill dropping new LP

claaa7
03-02-2009, 02:08 PM
this might be something to check for, judging from DJ Muggs recent work with GZA, Planet Asia and Sick Jacken it seems he has stepped his game up since sub-par Cypress releases like "Skulls & Bones" and "Stoned Raiders". here's the article:

Cypress Hill is finishing its first studio album in five years and planning a fall release on Suburban Noize Records, according to the group's B-Real.

"We're mixing right now," B-Real, who just released his first solo album, "Smoke N Mirrors," tells Billboard.com. He describes the rap troupe's new music as "gritty. It's aggressive. It's like hip-hop straight-up. We just felt like we needed to go back to that raw, gritty hip-hop sound but try to find a way to bridge it with what's going on now."

B-Real says Cypress Hill worked with pals Everlast, Evidence and The Alchemist on the as-yet-untitled album, but he didn't anticipate many other guests. "We don't really do a lot of collaborations in Cypress. We keep it in house." The group members have been mostly working on their own projects since 2004's "Til Death Do Us Part" and a split with Columbia Records, their longtime label home.

B-Real says he's been working on "Smoke N Mirrors" for the better part of three years, coming up with 40 songs -- 15 of which are on the album, the rest used for three "The Gunslinger" mixtapes he released between 2005-2007.

"It was different," he says of working solo on "Smoke N Mirrors," which features from Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Buckshot, Damian Marley, Too $hort, Kurpt, Cypress Hill mate Sen Dog and B-Real's protege Young De. "We're used to working with each other (in Cypress Hill), bouncing ideas off each other. This one I had to carry on my back, on my own. But I like challenges, so it wasn't that bad at all. I don't really get periods where I can't come up with an idea that I want to use. What needs to click will click."

B-Real plans to do some solo shows to support "Smoke N Mirrors" and also hopes to develop some new artists on his Audio Hustlaz label, concentrating first on Young De after finishing the Cypress Hill album. He also sees the possibility of Cypress Hill showcasing some of the members' solo material when it tours to promote the new album.

"Yeah, there's plenty of music to be done," B-Real says. "So we can get out there and pull off the live show at any point and maybe incorporate some of our solo work in there. That would be dope.

SOURCE: BILLBOARD.COM (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/cypress-hill-coming-back-with-new-album-1003946248.story)

drippie k
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
thats great news man, hopefully cypress can bring back that raw sound we're all used to

iammzac
03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
^ Word

Jin10304
03-02-2009, 02:53 PM
If its anything remotely close to III or IV Ill be happy

venex
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
^^^^word...

temples of boom is my fav. album..love that dark style..

black sunday got crazy beats

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
*nods in approval*

Muggs has been on a tear w/ the DJ Muggs vs. albums and B-Real's solo was dope, I expect good things.

Shogah
03-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Great news, my only expectations for the upcoming album is to be at least better than
Till Death Do Us Apart, and i'm happy.

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
LOL@ya'll Cypress Hill fans wanting another album from them hahahahahahahahahahaha. They haven't made a good album since their first one hahahahahahahahahaha.

Rollo
03-05-2009, 05:09 PM
If it's straight rap and no rock, it'll be dope. Only rap rock I ever liked from them was "valley of the chrome".

whitey
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
LOL@ya'll Cypress Hill fans wanting another album from them hahahahahahahahahahaha. They haven't made a good album since their first one hahahahahahahahahaha.

that is a credibility killer chuck.

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM

You're the same idiot who said Outkast had only one good album.

CharlesJones
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Outkast does only have one good album which is their first LOL. I don't care about ya'll getting mad at my opinion. I'm not on any of these rappers dicks because their asses aren't gonna give me some money when i'm unemployed. So many of ya'll on are these rappers dicks because ya'll post all day everyday about what these rappers are doing and don't none of these rappers care about ya'll. I bet they wouldn't give you any money if you were homeless.

CharlesJones
03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Outkast does only have one good album which is their first LOL. I don't care about ya'll getting mad at my opinion. I'm not on any of these rappers dicks because their asses aren't gonna give me some money when i'm unemployed. So many of ya'll are on these rappers dicks because ya'll post all day everyday about what these rappers are doing and don't none of these rappers care about ya'll. I bet they wouldn't give you any money if you were homeless.

RynMur
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I heard it was going to be called House on Haunted Hill.

Was anyone feeling B-Real's album? I thought it was great, it just needed better production.

main_man
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
you know, i only really want a new cypress hill cd if its got great, dark production and they pay my bills.
cause i only listen to rappers that hit me off with a couple of hundreds here and there. i base all my musical tastes on weather the artists give me money for my bills or a good job. its a great way to enjoy music.

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
LOL@Main Man

Tecknowledgist
03-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm not on any of these rappers dicks because their asses aren't gonna give me some money when i'm unemployed.

hahahaha

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 01:10 PM
You know i'm telling the truth. These people that are fans of these rappers that post on here need to get their priorities straight. I bet most of these dudes on here don't have a job but they find time to post online all day everyday about what rappers are doing. How is that putting any money in your pocket? These rappers are gonna get paid regardless whether the music they put out is shitty or good. So what good does it do me to post about rappers everyday that are getting paid when i don't have as much money as they got? I don't let these music videos fool me into thinking that the rappers are living good because they got nice cars, jewelry, nice clothes, nice houses, women all over them. These music videos try to fool the public into thinking these rappers are living good financially when i bet most of them aren't living good because they don't know nothing about saving money and spending money wisely because most rappers are from the ghetto. They were never taught education is important to getting a good job by their parents and they were never taught how to handle money.

RynMur
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM
^you got more posts than anyone in here

Paranoid
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM

They had 4 classic albums numb nuts

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-07-2009, 03:46 PM
You know i'm telling the truth. These people that are fans of these rappers that post on here need to get their priorities straight. I bet most of these dudes on here don't have a job but they find time to post online all day everyday about what rappers are doing. How is that putting any money in your pocket? These rappers are gonna get paid regardless whether the music they put out is shitty or good. So what good does it do me to post about rappers everyday that are getting paid when i don't have as much money as they got? I don't let these music videos fool me into thinking that the rappers are living good because they got nice cars, jewelry, nice clothes, nice houses, women all over them. These music videos try to fool the public into thinking these rappers are living good financially when i bet most of them aren't living good because they don't know nothing about saving money and spending money wisely because most rappers are from the ghetto. They were never taught education is important to getting a good job by their parents and they were never taught how to handle money.

lol @ you. Because people like Cypress Hill, they suddenly are naive 12 year olds who think rappers all have huge cars & houses, etc. You think an emcee out there really grinding making their money mostly off touring because someone like you doesn't buy their album even when you like it (ex. Supastition, Cunninlynguists, One Be Lo, etc.) You think they are making millions & shit? You're an idiot. You probably haven't even heard a Cypress album and you're trying to bullshit your way throught this discussion. You are clown, you're acting like this thread was about some Cash Money reunion album or some shit. It's Cypress Hill dumbfuck, but like I said your opinion is already a joke since you think Outkast has only one good album.

CharlesJones
03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL@Wu Tang Gambino dissing me because i don't suck Cypress Hill's dicks like he does hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I have heard some of their albums faggot and after their 4th album, i stopped liking them because they've been making wack shit after the first album.

RynMur
03-14-2009, 03:44 PM
^you don't make any sense.

CharlesJones
03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Whatever. How can you diss me when you got those wack albums in your sig? LOL.

Jin10304
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Preface, Rising Down, Renaissance, Pain Language...whack lol?

Zander
03-14-2009, 04:19 PM
their first couple LPs are good

fuck guitars in hip hop though

Paranoid
03-14-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL@Wu Tang Gambino dissing me because i don't suck Cypress Hill's dicks like he does hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I have heard some of their albums faggot and after their 4th album, i stopped liking them because they've been making wack shit after the first album.

Bull fucking shit, the first 4 albums are all classic

Another typical Wu-Corp poster

Preaching lies to try and win an argument

BIG D O
03-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Bull fucking shit, the first 4 albums are all classic

Another typical Wu-Corp poster

Preaching lies to try and win an argument

co-sign.....first four Cypress albums are all easily 4 outta 5 mic efforts......

a lot of cats just sleep on them or are ig'nant to their early shit.....Cypress Hill is the reason why a lot of latin niggas is able to be in the game right now....they were trailblazers man....first overly weeded group too....did a lot for weed in Hip-Hop....

CharlesJones
03-15-2009, 12:56 PM
LOL@Big D.O. and Slick's opinions hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cypress Hill's first album is the only one i like. I don't care if you don't like what i said. Ya'll crack me up calling albums classics that aren't even classics LOL. I haven't heard all of those albums in Rynmur's sig so i shouldn't be commenting on them. Sorry about that. Nas is the only album out of those albums in his sig that i've heard and i didn't like the Nas album. I do wanna hear the Jean Grae and GZA albums.

Paranoid
03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
LOL@Big D.O. and Slick's opinions hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cypress Hill's first album is the only one i like. I don't care if you don't like what i said. Ya'll crack me up calling albums classics that aren't even classics LOL. I haven't heard all of those albums in Rynmur's sig so i shouldn't be commenting on them. Sorry about that. Nas is the only album out of those albums in his sig that i've heard and i didn't like the Nas album. I do wanna hear the Jean Grae and GZA albums.

Do you realize no one is laughing with you?

I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about and haven't even heard the albums after the first one

If you really knew shit about Cypress you would know Black Sunday is way better then the first album