PDA

View Full Version : oh shit...Camp Lo dropping new mixtape March 24

food for thought
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Camp Lo dropping new mixtape March 24

Perennial hip-hop mainstays Camp Lo are releasing Stone And Rob: Caught On Tape on March 24th, a mixtape installment of all-new original material. Featuring 13 tracks all produced by Smoking Apples (Sonny Cheeba and Apple Juice Kid), Ski (known for work with Jay-Z and Camp Lo’s critically acclaimed debut Uptown Saturday Night), and Apple Juice Kid, Stone And Rob: Caught On Tape will be released on Camp Lo’s new label venture Soul Fever as the official precursor to the group’s much-anticipated 4th album A Piece Of The Action. The lead single “On Smash” feat. Styles P and Pete Rock is currently impacting on the web and at mixshow radio.

Camp Lo is excited to treat their fans with a new offering of the fresh and timeless Camp Lo style they know and love. Of the new project, Sonny Cheeba says, “This mixtape is something the hoppers need in their life.”

The group will be doing tour dates in Austin, TX for the annual SXSW Music Festival - dates and venues are:

· March 18th Houston, Texas @ Warehouse Live

· March 19th Austin, Texas @ Karma Lounge

Stay tuned to Camp Lo’s MySpace page for more updates and audio/video at www.myspace.com/therealcamplo

food for thought
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
lol in related news....

Camp Lo's Sonny Cheeba Survives Near Fatal Accident

March 2nd, 2009 | Author: Jake PaineVeteran Hip Hop duo Camp Lo has recently signed a single deal with SRC Records, spawning the popular 2008 single "Lumdi." Later this month, on March 24th, Sonny Cheeba and Geechie Suede will release Stone and Rob: Caught On Tape, a retail mixtape of recent recordings.

This past weekend, rapper Sonny Cheeba was in a car accident en route to a performance in Charlotte, North Carolina with rapper Herron as a passenger.

"In the collision Cheeba's Dodge Charger was totaled and the artist was taken by ambulance to a local hospital," the group said in a statement sent exclusively to HipHopDX. "Camp Lo's scheduled midnight performance started as scheduled, with Geechi Suede who arrived at the venue without knowledge of his partner Cheeba's accident, doing 'Swing' solo. The crowd who was later informed of the accident was amazed when Sonny Cheeba appeared on stage mid-set to join Suede for 'Black Nostaljack' [click to read] and 'Luchini' [click to read], which both tore the roof off of the packed Buckhead Saloon. Rapper Herron, who appears on '95 of Crime' on Camp Lo's new project, appeared on stage as well and was not injured in the accident."

They closed in reminding fans, "Camp Lo would like to thank all the fans for their continued support, and urge them to check out their new mixtape project Stone & Rob: Caught on Tape, which hits stores March 24th."

hiphopdx.com

ALCATRAZ
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
ima check it out havent checked for camp lo in tha longest time but why not

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
USN was my shit but they fell off no one can deny that. i had their fort apache tape it was OK but nothing special

ShaDynasty
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
USN was my shit but they fell off no one can deny that. i had their fort apache tape it was OK but nothing special

I'm denying that. The Fort Apache shit was fly, but it wasn't a real album. Their 2 other albums plus the EP are dope. Obviously not as good as USN but still dope. Its not like they're different from most other artists in terms of having one album that basically overshadows the rest of their career (Illmatic, Cuban Linx, Thriller etc) but thats no reason to discount the rest of their stuff. The cool shit is that they don't really belong to the 90s era and they got their own swing, so they don't have to worry about being dated cos their shit is from the 70s anyway.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
geucchi's voice changed though, he needs to go back to how he used to sound

YungSunny
03-04-2009, 07:44 AM
^Word, it got too deep.
I'm glad cheeba survived that shit.

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't like Camp Lo's albums but their first album has a few songs i like such as Luchini and Coolie High and a few other songs i can't think of. I wanna know what happened to their A Piece Of The Action album because it was supposed to come out 4 years ago because they had a single that sampled The Deele's Shoot Em Up Movies song. Why is the album gonna get released now?

YungSunny
03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
^Something tells me you never listened to the album

Twiztid-Wutang
03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
''Your broker than camp lo, and you know that you cant flow''

Crack Killz
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
ima check it out havent checked for camp lo in tha longest time but why not

same

Dr Zayus
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
That mixtape is fucking hot

YungSunny
03-26-2009, 06:14 AM
''Your broker than camp lo, and you know that you cant flow''

Wow.

check two
07-22-2009, 03:49 AM
Any more reviews on this? It was definitely considered a mixtape, and not an album?

Twiztid-Wutang
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Wow.

It was a thesaurus battle rap line.