PDA

View Full Version : .....sooo that new Grandmaster Flash?

Tecknowledgist
03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
anybody hear it? Drops today according to the only banner ad in the hip-hop shop. first studio album in over 20 years, so they say

i wanted to post this a few days ago, assuming it leaked, but asking people about a downloaded Grandmaster Flash album seems so blasphemous hahaha

how is it? anyone?

Senator C. Palantine
03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
It's wack.

(I havent heard it)

crds
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
It's terrible and your sig is disgusting, you know young kids visit this site right?, do you think they need to see that?

ALCATRAZ
03-03-2009, 08:08 PM
true, true

Monkdude
03-03-2009, 08:12 PM
his sig is nice, dont worry about the little kids, let their parents worry about them. besides its not anything they wont see eventually

Tecknowledgist
03-03-2009, 08:25 PM
yes yes i know, vaginas are ICKY. the poor children must be shielding their defenseless eyes

but it's a rare photo of the wu-tang clan in their natural habitat.

and wu-tang is for the children

so its great

besides, children dont give a fuck about grandmaster flash, so they wont come in this thread anyway

Bodega Pop Tartz
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Like i said who is gonna buy albums from niggaz that's like 60. No Disrespect...

Tecknowledgist
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
true

it was awkward enough even making a thread about it

good music is good music though. which apparently this is not.

according to a senator who hasnt heard it and a 93 year old who doesnt like vaginas

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
It's terrible and your sig is disgusting, you know young kids visit this site right?, do you think they need to see that?

i know Raekwon really needs to lose some fucking weight already, the niggas obscene

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I heard it. It had its moments but it wasn't very good. I honestly expected worse though so it was somewhat surprising.

adrianoter
03-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I heard it. It had its moments but it wasn't very good. I honestly expected worse though so it was somewhat surprising.

I probably wont listen to it again, not very memorable

djskillz
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
i know Raekwon really needs to lose some fucking weight already, the niggas obscene

lol.

J-Cee
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Can we get some proper opinons on the shit,dudes a legend..wanna know if its worth coppin for a fan of the mufucka

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't care how old a rapper is. If the album is tight, then it's tight. If it's bad, it's bad. Grandmaster Flash is a legend and i bet if he continued doing albums, his albums would be better than the new rappers garbage albums. The Message song is a classic. Love that song. Melle Mel and the other rappers on that song are speaking the truth about the black community. I haven't heard Grandmaster Flash's new album but i might peep it later. The Message is the only album of his i've heard.

Tecknowledgist
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
you won't like it. you don't like anything

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I like a lot of rap albums but there's a lot of wack albums that have been coming out for the last 9 years LOL. I'm not the one recording this wack shit. If i was a rapper, my albums wouldn't be wack. The reason why there's so many rap albums i don't like is because of beats. There are still some good rap veterans that got good lyrics but their beats aren't good anymore. I'm gonna name you some examples.

KRS One
Ice Cube
Too Short
Keith Murray
Nas
Redman
Wu Tang Clan(group and solo albums)
Pharoahe Monch
M.O.P.
Mobb Deep(their solo albums)
Ice T
The Lox(their solo albums)
Sean Price
LL Cool J
Canibus
AZ
Brand Nubian

All these artists i named are still good rappers but i'm not feeling their beats anymore.

Tecknowledgist
03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
name one album that came out recently with beats that you like haha

whitey
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
it was ok. nothing to brag home about. myself, i would not pay for that album. but than again would not pay for a lot of albums so i dont want the grandmaster to feel bad about his effort.

and if little kids are coming to this site there is massive amounts of other garbage floating around this piece to be offended by the more so than 3 vaginas staring them in the face.

Paranoid
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
i gotta hear this asap

YungSunny
03-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Yes he does, and that's what makes it funny.

RynMur
03-06-2009, 05:06 PM
average at best

Chris79
03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
I like a lot of rap albums but there's a lot of wack albums that have been coming out for the last 9 years LOL...The reason why there's so many rap albums i don't like is because of beats. There are still some good rap veterans that got good lyrics but their beats aren't good anymore.

Motherfuckin co-sign on that one....I've been saying this for a decade now...alot of albums over the years suck or isnt as good cause of wack beats....exceptions are probably Cormega (he manages to always pick good ones out), Rza (I was one of the few people who actually liked the beats on 8 Diagrams) and I can't think of anyone else right...see?...wack ha

whitey
03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
^ i agree with that for the most part.

it seems like a rapper cant pick more than 2/3 good beats per album. i dont get it, do they not hear the same thing we do? when they are putting their album together do they actually think a lot of their beats sound good? most suck, they have to know they suck. and if they know, why the fuck are their lazy asses putting out a subpar product. they want to know why album sales went to shit, maybe its because they dont put out music worth paying money for.

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Chris79 and Whitey i'm glad ya'll think the way i do. I keep telling these fools on here that a lot of rap albums are wack now because of the beats but they refuse to listen to me. Whitey i agree with everything you said. I don't understand myself how these rappers can't see that the beats that they're picking are terrible. How is it that these good rap veterans i named had tight beats back in the day? What's the problem now? Another problem i have with rap music now is that too many rappers are followers instead of leaders. Why do so many rappers gotta do songs with whoever is the hottest rapper at the moment? Why do so many rappers work with producers who are the hottest at the moment? Why are so many rappers scared to do songs by themselves? Remember rap albums from back in the day barely had guest appearances? I don't mind rappers having guest rappers and guest r&b singers on their albums but why do you gotta have a bunch of them on your album? The Game's latest album, Ludacris's latest album, Bun B of UGK's latest album are perfect examples of what i'm talking about. Why do these dudes gotta have a lot of guest appearances on their album? It's bad enough they got a lot of guest appearances but the artists that they're choosing to be on their album are wack LOL.

Another thing that makes me laugh about rap music now is these dudes claim to be so hardcore and so gangsta but their albums are wack and soft LOL. 50 Cent is a perfect example. This dude claims he's a gangsta and he's so hood but why are his The Massacre and Curtis albums soft? LOL. Get Rich Or Die Tryin and Power Of The Dollar are good albums. Why can't he stick to the hardcore shit and stop putting out this soft ass club music and songs for the ladies that he's doing? Ja Rule is another example of what i'm talking about. He was thugged out and hardcore on his first album but the rest of his albums are gay LOL. He got mad at 50 for dissing him but what is he getting mad for? The music speaks for itself. His music is gay just like 50 said but the funny thing now is that 50 is doing the same gay music he dissed Ja about LOL. Scarface, Ice Cube, Ice T have also disappointed me lately. These dudes put out some classics back in the day but the albums they've been doing the last few years have been wack. I didn't even bother listening to Scarface's latest album because his last few albums i didn't like.

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Chris79 i disagree with you about Cormega and Wu Tang. Cormega's Testament and The True Meaning albums i didn't like because of the beats but the beats on his Legal Hustle album are good. Wu Tang hasn't made a good album since their first one LOL. I know ya'll Wu Tang fans are gonna be pissed off at what i said but that's the way i feel. I liked a few songs on Wu Tang Forever but that album should've been one disc instead of two. The W, Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams are terrible. The W and Iron Flag had a couple of songs i liked but i didn't like any songs on 8 Diagrams LOL. Wu Tang's solo albums the last few years aren't good either. I'm very disappointed in Inspectah Deck, The RZA, Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon because these dudes are great lyricists but their albums aren't good. The RZA is a weird dude and he proved that to me with that wack ass album Bobby Digital LOL. Domestic Violence is the only song i like on that album. I didn't even bother listening to his other solo albums. GZA is the only one in Wu Tang that doesn't make terrible solo albums to me. I didn't like Beneath The Surface album that much but Liquid Swords and Legend Of The Liquid Sword albums are good. Why were the cuss words edited on Legend Of The Liquid Sword? I wanna peep out Raekwon's mixtapes and the mixtapes that Raekwon and Ghostface did as a duo. Their mixtapes are probably better than their albums LOL. Mixtapes now are better than the rappers albums and that's a shame. Keith Murray's Kickin Ass mixtape is better than the last 4 albums he's done hahahahahahahahahaha. I haven't heard his Intellectual Violence mixtape yet but i wanna hear it. Canibus should do some mixtapes since he can't seem to do a good album LOL.

Rollo
03-07-2009, 11:24 AM
This album wasn't too bad. Wasn't great by any stretch but it wasn't bad.

Chris79
03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Chris79 i disagree with you about Cormega and Wu Tang. Cormega's Testament and The True Meaning albums i didn't like because of the beats but the beats on his Legal Hustle album are good. Wu Tang hasn't made a good album since their first one LOL. I know ya'll Wu Tang fans are gonna be pissed off at what i said but that's the way i feel. I liked a few songs on Wu Tang Forever but that album should've been one disc instead of two. The W, Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams are terrible. The W and Iron Flag had a couple of songs i liked but i didn't like any songs on 8 Diagrams LOL. Wu Tang's solo albums the last few years aren't good either. I'm very disappointed in Inspectah Deck, The RZA, Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon because these dudes are great lyricists but their albums aren't good. The RZA is a weird dude and he proved that to me with that wack ass album Bobby Digital LOL. Domestic Violence is the only song i like on that album. I didn't even bother listening to his other solo albums. GZA is the only one in Wu Tang that doesn't make terrible solo albums to me. I didn't like Beneath The Surface album that much but Liquid Swords and Legend Of The Liquid Sword albums are good. Why were the cuss words edited on Legend Of The Liquid Sword? I wanna peep out Raekwon's mixtapes and the mixtapes that Raekwon and Ghostface did as a duo. Their mixtapes are probably better than their albums LOL. Mixtapes now are better than the rappers albums and that's a shame. Keith Murray's Kickin Ass mixtape is better than the last 4 albums he's done hahahahahahahahahaha. I haven't heard his Intellectual Violence mixtape yet but i wanna hear it. Canibus should do some mixtapes since he can't seem to do a good album LOL.

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree cause I thought the Legal Hustle album was average...and I thought The Testament, which was made in the 90s, was dope and the same thing goes for The Realness and The True Meaning...ah well

I agree with the Wu-Tang Forever being a single disc comment...although they were so ahead of their time with that album, I'll let them slide on it

Iron Flag was alright to below average...I actually thought The W was unfairly shitted on...I listen to the album now and I enjoy most of it...and people either loved 8 Diagrams or hated it so to each their own

I agree about the Wu solo albums lately for all of em, even Gza...but ya lost me on the Bobby Digital comment...the first one was SUPER DOPE and the second one was not as good but still has a lot of great songs on there...check out Build Strong with Tekitha...Tekitha MAKES that song....shit sounds really genuine too

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
You think The W was unfairly shitted on? Hahahahahahahahahaha. You can't tell me you liked that album. Please don't tell me that LOL. Even Inspectah Deck said The W album is wack. You also like The RZA's solo albums? Hahahahahahahahahaha. To each his own. I like strictly hardcore rap. I'm not into weird music like The RZA be making. I forgot about Cormega's Testament album. That's tight. Cappadonna is another dude that disappoints me. His albums are terrible because of beats but he's a very good mc. His lyrics on Ghostface's Winter Warz song blew me away.

Chris79
03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Chris79 and Whitey i'm glad ya'll think the way i do. I keep telling these fools on here that a lot of rap albums are wack now because of the beats but they refuse to listen to me. Whitey i agree with everything you said. I don't understand myself how these rappers can't see that the beats that they're picking are terrible. How is it that these good rap veterans i named had tight beats back in the day? What's the problem now? Another problem i have with rap music now is that too many rappers are followers instead of leaders. Why do so many rappers gotta do songs with whoever is the hottest rapper at the moment? Why do so many rappers work with producers who are the hottest at the moment? Why are so many rappers scared to do songs by themselves? Remember rap albums from back in the day barely had guest appearances? I don't mind rappers having guest rappers and guest r&b singers on their albums but why do you gotta have a bunch of them on your album? The Game's latest album, Ludacris's latest album, Bun B of UGK's latest album are perfect examples of what i'm talking about. Why do these dudes gotta have a lot of guest appearances on their album? It's bad enough they got a lot of guest appearances but the artists that they're choosing to be on their album are wack LOL.

Another thing that makes me laugh about rap music now is these dudes claim to be so hardcore and so gangsta but their albums are wack and soft LOL. 50 Cent is a perfect example. This dude claims he's a gangsta and he's so hood but why are his The Massacre and Curtis albums soft? LOL. Get Rich Or Die Tryin and Power Of The Dollar are good albums. Why can't he stick to the hardcore shit and stop putting out this soft ass club music and songs for the ladies that he's doing? Ja Rule is another example of what i'm talking about. He was thugged out and hardcore on his first album but the rest of his albums are gay LOL. He got mad at 50 for dissing him but what is he getting mad for? The music speaks for itself. His music is gay just like 50 said but the funny thing now is that 50 is doing the same gay music he dissed Ja about LOL. Scarface, Ice Cube, Ice T have also disappointed me lately. These dudes put out some classics back in the day but the albums they've been doing the last few years have been wack. I didn't even bother listening to Scarface's latest album because his last few albums i didn't like.

I think a major reason why a lot of beats suck nowadays is due to tighter sample clearance regulations...shit is expensive to sample even a small composition or break or melody...but obviously laziness and trend followers is a major part also...I also read an interesting article from way back about the whole concept of an "album" and how it was made up by major corporations and record industry folks as a selling tool...that's why itunes and all these other spots are making a killin on selling singles and individual songs rather than whole album...cause people nowadays have so many outside stimuli to keep them busy that most people don't have the attention span to listen to a full album...thought that was interesting

I read another article stating true hip-hop music died with the introduction of the 12inch single...before that, DJs would have to buy full albums and listen the whole way through for the hot joints and and cue it up that way...but with the 12inch single gaining popularity among DJs and the sort, artists started concentrating on making a few hot singles instead of cohesive albums...also interesting

For some reason, Large Professor's latest album The Main Source popped into my head...that was a solid album...so was Jeru's latest

Chris79
03-07-2009, 12:30 PM
You think The W was unfairly shitted on? Hahahahahahahahahaha. You can't tell me you liked that album. Please don't tell me that LOL. Even Inspectah Deck said The W album is wack. You also like The RZA's solo albums? Hahahahahahahahahaha. To each his own. I like strictly hardcore rap. I'm not into weird music like The RZA be making. I forgot about Cormega's Testament album. That's tight. Cappadonna is another dude that disappoints me. His albums are terrible because of beats but he's a very good mc. His lyrics on Ghostface's Winter Warz song blew me away.

I agree with Cap...I thought The Pillage was dope

And yeah, I would have to disagree with Deck I guess...I thought the W was good stuff...and the Rza solo stuff was good too

I somewhat agree with Canibus...the only album of his I enjoyed is the one where he got great beats from Stoupe

Chris79
03-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh and to get back on the title of this post, I thought the new Flash album is eh...even the joint with Caz on it was lackluster

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Rappers having to pay to sample a song is bullshit. They shouldn't have to pay for that. I'm tired of these r&b singers bitching about rappers aren't paying them for sampling their stuff. It's a shame that rap music isn't gonna be good anymore because rappers aren't taking the time to make good music anymore. It's all about following trends and doing what everybody else is doing and as long as rap music is like that, the music is gonna continue to suck. Most new rappers have no respect for rap pioneers and good lyrics. They don't care about the culture. All they care about is getting paid and when you have a mentality like that, you will never make good music because all you thinking about is getting women, cars, money, jewelry and being a slave to your record company. Because you listening to these bitch ass record company employees telling you what kind of music you should do because wack music is what's selling. That's why i have more respect for underground rappers than mainstream rappers. Like Willie D of the Geto Boys said, screaming your record company name but they laying you dick hahahahahahahahahaha.

CharlesJones
03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I haven't heard Large Professor's latest album but i liked his 1st Class album. I didn't like The LP album but I Just Wanna Chill song is tight. Last album i liked from Jeru The Damaja was Divine Design. Well i liked a few songs on it LOL. Wrath Of The Math was his last good album to me. He has the same problem other good rappers have, more wack beats than good beats on his albums. I didn't like the beats on Still Risin.

Chris79
03-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Rappers having to pay to sample a song is bullshit. They shouldn't have to pay for that. I'm tired of these r&b singers bitching about rappers aren't paying them for sampling their stuff. It's a shame that rap music isn't gonna be good anymore because rappers aren't taking the time to make good music anymore. It's all about following trends and doing what everybody else is doing and as long as rap music is like that, the music is gonna continue to suck. Most new rappers have no respect for rap pioneers and good lyrics. They don't care about the culture. All they care about is getting paid and when you have a mentality like that, you will never make good music because all you thinking about is getting women, cars, money, jewelry and being a slave to your record company. Because you listening to these bitch ass record company employees telling you what kind of music you should do because wack music is what's selling. That's why i have more respect for underground rappers than mainstream rappers. Like Willie D of the Geto Boys said, screaming your record company name but they laying you dick hahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, it's kind of weird how other genres of music treat their pioneers like legends like hip-hop pioneers are rarely heard from and not respected in most circles