PDA

View Full Version : mobb deep > outkast

ALCATRAZ
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
just wanna put that out there

Monkdude
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
different styles. in their absolute prime, grimy havoc production and prodigy destroying tracks, they mightve been better but overall its probably outkast. especially now mobb fell off hard

ALCATRAZ
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
who contributed more to tha game tho

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
just wanna put that out there
you can put it back now.

Mobb doesn't have 1/2 the consitsency or creativity of Kast.

still great but no a great as kast.

2Bladez
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
i prefer mobb deep

portis24
03-04-2009, 02:32 PM
i like mobb deep better than outkast

Prolifical ENG
03-04-2009, 02:33 PM
"mobb deep > outkast"

nope.

DrunkenMasta303
03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
www.wutangcorp.com/audiobooth >>>>>>>>>>>>>> outkast

:lmao: @ these nail polish wearin fags being considered hiphop

racist randy
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
^^^ULTRA Neg rep for that post.

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 02:54 PM
you can put it back now.

Mobb doesn't have 1/2 the consitsency or creativity of Kast.

still great but no a great as kast.

Word, Outkast has the talent, Creativity, and they didnt sign with 50 cent. Thats enough for me.

Andre 3000 vs Mobb Deep? Are you serious. Big boi would crush em too

Finesse Da God
03-04-2009, 02:58 PM
who contributed more to tha game tho
Is this a joke?

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
organized noize > havoc

3 stacks > prodigy

big boi > havoc

Outkast for the win

DrunkenMasta303
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
someone please move this thread to ''Irondan Cooley - hall of Norway threadz''
http://i6.tinypic.com/1z56o9h.jpg

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Britneys fire crotch>Havoc
Lindsey lohans mcing>Prodigy

main_man
03-04-2009, 03:25 PM
as much as i like mobb deep, they just aint on the level of oukast. 3000 is a personal favorite of mine (when he's rapping).
and i liked blood money more than most people. lol.

baby jesus
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
It Think Outkast And Mobb Deep Are Equal Like Outkast Is The Southern Mobb Deep And Vice Versa Not Necessarily In Style But In Quality Of Music.

But If I Had To Pick Between Mobb Deeps Music And Outkast I Would Probably Pick Mobb Deeps But Thats Not To Say Outkast Arent Top Notch Just I Pefer Mobb Deep.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-04-2009, 04:33 PM
www.wutangcorp.com/audiobooth >>>>>>>>>>>>>> outkast

:lmao: @ these nail polish wearin fags being considered hiphop

ahahjahahaha.

I still have to give props to Southernplayalistic, but besides that, and to a lesser extent ATLiens, Andre is too gay and Avant Garde for me.

Mobb Deep has fallen off perhaps harder than anybody, but I still LOVE their old shit and bump Infamous regularly

KZA
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
outkast is better than mobb..

mobb fell the fuck off after joining g-unit. even killa cam asked curtis how much did mobb make..

Senator C. Palantine
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Mobb fell off hard, Outkast less so.

But I only listen to the old shit anyway, so I dont really care.

I'd JUST give it to Mobb Deep. Im not saying their better, but I prefer them.

Top 5 Between The 2....

Hell On Earth
Atliens
The Infamous
Aquemini
Murda Muzik

Don Universo
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I think the better comparison should be kanye vs 3000....both of these cats is on some rap today,sing tomorrow shit.

kanye=3000

Chungsanity
03-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I totally understand what the OP's saying and its funny because Im about to make a thread about Atliens.

I prefer that gritty 90's QB sound anyday of the fucking week. kast was good but they aint seeing prodigy in his prime. name me one verse from kast better than p's verse on shook ones II. I know juvenile hell was their debut but this is how it goes:

the infamous/hell on earth/murda muzik > southern/atliens/aquemini

plus yall kast stans tell me why 3stacks hasnt dropped a solo album yet. P dropped his classic HNIC debut and HNIC2 gets a solid 8.5/10.

NYC had the 90's on lock.

Drunken Monk
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
mob deep no doubt

YungSunny
03-04-2009, 05:24 PM
NYC had the 90's on lock.

Sometimes, I like to read the last sentence of a long post.
I'm glad I did.

corky831
03-04-2009, 05:35 PM
outkast bc they brought new styles to the game with each album and have a diversity of music ......mobb deep i luv them and one of the grimiest groups ever.....but all they did was come hard with thug music .....whereas outkast could come out with various styles of hits such as players ball, elevators, B.O.B., Ms. Jackson, roses, etc

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Mobb Deep were too one dimensional rappers.

Comparing these two groups is like comparing the Pink Floyd of rap and Rolling Stones of rap. One is innovating, original and mad creative, the other is just following some trends, and trying to be cool through the current hot thing.

I respect Havoc's producing, and their both talent, but still Prodigy is the most overrated mc ever [next to 2Pac, but that's just cuz his fans don't wanna listen to more advanced music of nowadays rap]

What has Prodigy better than Nas in the 94-96 era? Or the Wu? Really - somebody enlighten me. And is Prodigy a better emcee than Andre just cuz he's from the streets? LOL He was a fuckin ballerina. So much about his thugginess.

kwabena1041
03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
MOBB easily for me. I cant listen to too much outkast. 3000 is that dude though u cant even front on him. Prodigy puts Mobb over the top. P is one of the best that ever touched the mic

03-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Comparing these two groups is like comparing the Pink Floyd of rap and Rolling Stones of rap. One is innovating, original and mad creative, the other is just following some trends, and trying to be cool through the current hot thing.

I respect Havoc's producing, and their both talent, but still Prodigy is the most overrated mc ever [next to 2Pac, but that's just cuz his fans don't wanna listen to more advanced music of nowadays rap]

What has Prodigy better than Nas in the 94-96 era? Or the Wu? Really - somebody enlighten me. And is Prodigy a better emcee than Andre just cuz he's from the streets? LOL He was a fuckin ballerina. So much about his thugginess.

I hate when people who pride themselves in being "different" and "cutting edge" are usually the most condescending, judgmental, and close-minded faggots out there.

I don't like Andre because he projects himself as a sweet-booty faggot. But I don't hate him, and Im not so judgmental as to condescend to others who do like him.

Again, I still bump Southerplayalistic and ATLiens is a good album.

But the quality of music is completely subjective, and now we've got European backpacker geeks saying that Tupac is overrated while sucking Andre's dick???????

Ridiculous.

BRONZBODY
03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
"mobb deep > outkast"

nope.co sign.

now i love the mobb dont get me wrong. but i hold outkast a bit higher than them

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I hate when people who pride themselves in being "different" and "cutting edge" are usually the most condescending, judgmental, and close-minded faggots out there.

I don't like Andre because he projects himself as a sweet-booty faggot. But I don't hate him, and Im not so judgmental as to condescend to others who do like him.

Again, I still bump Southerplayalistic and ATLiens is a good album.

But the quality of music is completely subjective, and now we've got European backpacker geeks saying that Tupac is overrated while sucking Andre's dick???????

Ridiculous.

Oh, so now u r saying Tupac, who is a very basic rapper, when u look at it, imagine if he never was a mainstream hit rapper, but still known in the underground, I bet 99% of you guys wouldn't even smell him. Andre is better and he deserves the praise, but since when does clothing make your music.

It never did.

And again, please, how is Prodigy one of the best lyricist in hiphop ever? Ok let's say he is in top10? Why is he in top ten lyricist? He made really good music with Havoc for the first few Mobb Deep albums, and if u like his solos, u like them, but how the fuck is Prodigy lyrically beating Rakim? Andre3000? GZA? Canibus? Chino XL? Sage Francis? Ghost? Even RZA....even MF Doom...even MF Grimm...even Grim Reaper....how much names do I have to say before I prove my point? And I'm not talking about battle raps, I'm talking about wordplay, the real lyricism, look at the Clipse how they went through a chamber we thought became lame and unoriginal and made it cool? Prodigy is just a good street rapper. Like AZ and Cormega. All of them had their ups and downs, they made an image and projected it through their music, but they never evolved their styles to something else. And they were getting better lyrically year by year, but just to one point.

That never happened to GZ', Bus, Sage, Slug, .... and so on. Prodigy needs to do something more than just using the old and same formula again and again. That's one of the things that make the Wu or OutKast so great, they evolved. And even if u don't like the last two albums Outkast made, it's still good music, wouldn't u agree? Or is it just bad, cuz it ain't strickly rap? lol

But what do I know, I'm just a nerdy eurofag, right?

03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Oh, so now u r saying Tupac, who is a very basic rapper, when u look at it, imagine if he never was a mainstream hit rapper, but still known in the underground, I bet 99% of you guys wouldn't even smell him. Andre is better and he deserves the praise, but since when does clothing make your music.

It never did.

How is a Tupac a "basic" rapper? Tupac's lyrics, flow, cadence, and the way he used his voice as instrument that interacted with the beat were all unbelievable. Also 'underground' isn't something that people choose to be. It is a term that essentially means "unsuccessful".

Clothing doesn't make music, but image is part of the entertainment. Andre's image is straight faggot, and although it is unfair, it clouds my perception of him.

He became experimental for the sake of being experimental, which I have always detested.

And again, please, how is Prodigy one of the best lyricist in hiphop ever? Ok let's say he is in top10? Why is he in top ten lyricist? He made really good music with Havoc for the first few Mobb Deep albums, and if u like his solos, u like them, but how the fuck is Prodigy lyrically beating Rakim? Andre3000? GZA? Canibus? Chino XL? Sage Francis? Ghost? Even RZA....even MF Doom...even MF Grimm...even Grim Reaper....how much names do I have to say before I prove my point? And I'm not talking about battle raps, I'm talking about wordplay, the real lyricism, look at the Clipse how they went through a chamber we thought became lame and unoriginal and made it cool? Prodigy is just a good street rapper. Like AZ and Cormega. All of them had their ups and downs, they made an image and projected it through their music, but they never evolved their styles to something else. And they were getting better lyrically year by year, but just to one point.

That never happened to GZ', Bus, Sage, Slug, .... and so on. Prodigy needs to do something more than just using the old and same formula again and again. That's one of the things that make the Wu or OutKast so great, they evolved. And even if u don't like the last two albums Outkast made, it's still good music, wouldn't u agree? Or is it just bad, cuz it ain't strickly rap? lol

Im not sure what the point of this rant was. I never said Prodigy was a top lyracist. I said that mobb deep made some of my favorite rap music. Lyrical ability alone does not make you a good artist.

I really enjoy southerplayalistic and I like ATLiens. I'm not necessarily bashing outkast's career, and I respect that others like them.

The bottom line is that all musical taste is subjective, as well as the criteria used to evaluate music.

We can all state our opinions, but condescending to others about something that is STRICTLY a matter or personal preference is ridiculous.

Especially bad-mouthing Pac and making statements that, it would seem to me, are hard to back up.

Exactly

People shouldn't state their personal preference on a completely subjective topic as indisputable fact.

Tupac >>>>>>>>>>>> Andre's Faggot ass.

See what I mean?

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
But if you think about it:

Mobb Deep in their prime > Oukast in their prime

The Hound
03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
how did 2pac get brought into this?

and how the fuck was 2pac a one dimensional, basic rapper? the guy was basically doing the ice cube thing, was ice cube a one dimensional, basic rapper?

anyway, i like outkast better ... i never got into mobb deep as much as wu tang corp did

racist randy
03-04-2009, 08:55 PM

It never did.

Oh Lord!:learning:

Tonystarks420
03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
i respect both groups, but i could never really get into outkast.

for me its early mobb deep > outkast

as for dropped off more, id say mobb.

Chungsanity
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM

P went through the struggles as a youth and he has that hereditary disease, you probably know nothing about that and the trife upbringings. you cumblinded by jay's fabricated shit in takeover? SMFH....
how the fuck could anyone say P was the most overrated rapper ever, especially in his prime? In 95/96, prodigy was your favorite rapper's favorite rapper, real talk. his verse on shook ones is simply unforgettable. please realize the dumbass shit you just said. CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME 3 STACK OR BIG BOI'S BEST VERSE SO IT COULD GO TOE TO TOE WITH SHOOK ONES OR APOSTLE'S WARNING ETC?

like he said on Crawlin, "you was raised off our shit, we made rappers."

saying pac is overrated is acceptable, but P? first time Ive ever heard that son.

HAVOC'S PRODUCING >>>>>>> ORGANIZED NOIZE
PRIME PRODIGY = 3 STACKS

you can say kast had the better career simply cause of that wackass pop album that went diamond. doesnt matter, when it comes to their top 3 albums respectively, the mobb takes it. maybe Im NYC biased cause most of my shit consists of that region. kudos to kast but mobb was simply better at their peek.

DONT FORGET THE MOVIES:

MURDA MUZIK (THE MOVIE) >>>>>>>>> IDLEWILD

whitey
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
mobb deep has some really banging shit. but oukast wins overall. mobb is just another thug rapping group, one who does (correction did) it exceptionally well, but they are just like most other rappers out there.

outkast is on some next level shit. a big part of music to me is inovation and creativity. they posses the ability to be differnet, not because they are trying hard to be differnet but just because thats who they are. they do it so effectivly too, they can bounce back and forth between a lot of kinds of music but stay hip hop.

mobb deep just got stale. they did some dope shit. but eventually that shit gets old and they are still trying to do the same stuff. just running around in circles with that repetative uninovative thug rap.

The Hound
03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
saying pac is overrated is acceptable, but P? first time Ive ever heard that son.

you can not justify this opinion

Chungsanity
03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
you can not justify this opinion

FUCK THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN? YOU COMPLIMENTING ME OR PERSECUTING ME HOMIE?

The Hound
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
if you had basic english comprehension, you would know that i am saying there is no possible reason you give to say that 2pac is overrated and prodigy isn't

it's really not that hard to understand

Chungsanity
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
if you had basic english comprehension, you would know that i am saying there is no possible reason you give to say that 2pac is overrated and prodigy isn't

it's really not that hard to understand

lmao everyones not you son, and you probably live half way around the world from me with different communication techniques.

"you can not justify this opinion"

who the fuck would understand that, initially?

you shouldve responded with, "explain why you think that?" its not that hard fam. learn how to speak directly next time.

why is Pac overrated? cause stans think he's a great lyricist when hes not, and think he was black jesus who's gonna come back again. its common knowledge that pac is overrated.

P was just your favorable street rapper who spat flames during the pac/big era. he spat what he knew best and thats the hood topics - how the fuck does that make him overrated son?

GTFOH

The Hound
03-04-2009, 09:52 PM
wow ... you're really that illiterate that you didn't know the term "justify?" LOL

"homicide is illegal and death is the penalty, what justifies the homicide when he dies?"

LOL LOL LOL

wow

anyhoo

"why is Pac overrated? cause stans think he's a great lyricist when hes not, and think he was black jesus who's gonna come back again. its common knowledge that pac is overrated."

that doesn't explain why he is overrated ... you have to give an example within his work as to why he is overrated ... he wasn't a lyricist? shit, okay we'll run with that one ... 2pac rapped about relevant social issues better than anybody except ice cube ... 'pac had the game to switch between social relevance, hood, party, love and politics from one song to the next and it was still as dope as the last song

long and short, you don't like 'pac because a lot of people like 'pac ... truely a sad way to live

Monkdude
03-04-2009, 09:58 PM

It never did.

dude you dont know what you are talking about at all... yeah prodigy had limited subject matter but on hell and earth and infamous he was one of the best to do it how many times has prodigy been sampled in other records? his voice was made for rap and he had such an ill flow... so many one liners.

everyone knows mobb fell off. so did GZA, RZA, Caniubs and some of the other rappers you listed... it happens... but you gotta recognize talent, prodigy had a mic prescence that mcs like MF doom dont have, he also had tons of different fllows, check apostles warning, then listen to take it in blood, then listen to start of your ending, and then listen to shook ones. dont let the subject matter not recognize a talented rapper. it isnt always about lyrics, that said, prodigy had some real grimy lyrics back in the day

now dont get me wrong, im not saying your a dumbass eurofag for saying andre is better than prodigy i can respect that... but prodigy was real nice early in his career.

Chungsanity
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
wow ... you're really that illiterate that you didn't know the term "justify?" LOL

"homicide is illegal and death is the penalty, what justifies the homicide when he dies?"

LOL LOL LOL

wow

anyhoo

"why is Pac overrated? cause stans think he's a great lyricist when hes not, and think he was black jesus who's gonna come back again. its common knowledge that pac is overrated."

that doesn't explain why he is overrated ... you have to give an example within his work as to why he is overrated ... he wasn't a lyricist? shit, okay we'll run with that one ... 2pac rapped about relevant social issues better than anybody except ice cube ... 'pac had the game to switch between social relevance, hood, party, love and politics from one song to the next and it was still as dope as the last song

long and short, you don't like 'pac because a lot of people like 'pac ... truely a sad way to live

first of all, fuck you changing your font color you fruity kid? LMFAO @ this forum whore.
not everyone would understand that random, out of the blue reply.

first of all, this is about mobb deep and kast, so why would you start riding pac's dick outta nowhere even though I just took a shot at the other user, and even saying I didnt explain why he's overrated? that just proves you're another pac stan who masturbates to half naked tupac posters. theres no reasoning that pierces through your heart mind and soul, because pac's tatted body is so far up your cerebral that you fail to understand that Pac is overrated, and it only takes a few sentences.

who are you to pass judgment son - where did I ever say I didnt like Pac? Pac is probably the most diverse artist to ever grace the mic, but heres also something called WEAKNESSES son. Pac was an incredibly overrated lyricist, and he is NOT a god that came down in human flesh to die for his fans. NO, HE WAS ONLY HUMAN. that's what makes him overrated - if you keep sidestepping that concise argument, then I feel sorry for a stan like you.
fucks this pac stan saying, talking about sad way to live? lmfaooooo your stats on this board proves you're living just that way to the highest degree, loser.

The Hound
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
well, you're the one who said pac was overrated ... i merely said you couldn't justify that and you went off on a tangent ... don't blame me

spiggity_ace
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Word, Outkast has the talent, Creativity, and they didnt sign with 50 cent. Thats enough for me.

Andre 3000 vs Mobb Deep? Are you serious. Big boi would crush em too

prodigy is better than big boi IMO, but 3 stacks is better, outkast probably gets the nod just barely though, the production is probably a bit in outkasts favour becuz theyve been still putting out good shit, i havent heard much mobb that was outstanding after murda muzik

ALCATRAZ
03-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Prodigy is the most overrated mc ever [next to 2Pac, but that's just cuz his fans don't wanna listen to more advanced music of nowadays rap

why do you post

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-05-2009, 05:09 AM
now dont get me wrong, im not saying your a dumbass eurofag for saying andre is better than prodigy i can respect that... but prodigy was real nice early in his career.

I didn't said he was wack, I also said that on the first few mobb deep albums he spits some vicious shit, didn't I?

but comparing to a lot of hiphop artists, I can't say he's in my top20, or top30 - the same with Pac - one is a thug rapper through all of his career, the other wasn't as perfect as his biggest fans make him. Pac had a nice flow sometimes, but u know he sounds dull next to Nas or Biggie, right? I really like his delivery tho, how he uses his voice.

As I said before, in numerous threads, Pac was big for the mainstream, it was something different and special to spit some shit from your soul, so did Big, Outkast and Ghost [only two tracks on Ironman like that and Heaven or Hell's chorus, but still, he made an impact too]

a lot of rappers that came afterwards wanted to do shit like them [u kno, DMX, Ja Rule, ...... Jay-Z was actually the only one on the mainstream that came after that [with some shit from the soul] and was original]

plus some other dope tracks, from both, Pac and P....

but.

when I compare the overrall quality of all tracks, albums and lyrics, I see, that the underground had always something better waiting for us. for instance - Company Flow. Gravediggaz second and third album was something outta this world. One Be Lo is one of the best rappers ever [great quality all the time, his wordplays are incredible], my fav. Sage Francis, who also did it all, Eyedea, Atmosphere, Panacea, .... this is how I feel - yeah, all those mainstream guys influenced the game - but that doesn't make them automaticly better. So I don't have a problem naming a lot of rappers from the underground surpassing them.

[P.S.: I don't think Canibus fell down - I think he is spitting better now than in the nineties, cuz frankly, the easiest thing in rap is to just be a battle rapper, I know that myself...but to rap about something else...well just for those that don't know Canibus that much, he isn't just a rocket scientist]

Afficial_Nastee
03-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Grimy Hip-Hop on The Infamous and hell on Earth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Outkast....

Nothing can mess with Hardcore and Grimy stuff....

Chungsanity
03-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Grimy Hip-Hop on The Infamous and hell on Earth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Outkast....

Nothing can mess with Hardcore and Grimy stuff....

true story.

that classic QB sound will never get old.

Afficial_Nastee
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Y'all gonna compare this grimy classic stuff :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xNmyghaxLm8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xNmyghaxLm8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

to this track?!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/awhyaobUxnw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/awhyaobUxnw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's aight but like I said NOTHING can mess with Grimy Hardcore stuff....

The video (Mobb Deep) alone is just way betta....

Chungsanity
03-05-2009, 09:22 AM
^preach.

shook ones will always be the anthem of street joints. one of the most famous beats and last time I checked, it was in everyone's top 10 when it came to best songs of all-time.

simply put, outkast is one the greatest groups ever, but shook ones II single handedly trumps anything they ever did, especially P's verse.

Uncle Steezo
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
PNzNwWM8pBI

vs

x0B8v2Ar8zw