PDA

View Full Version : Spelling/Grammar shit people on this forum do that pisses you off

sdeblasi
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
SO this thread is to let everyone know what pisses you off when they post.

For example:

Bass is spelled BASS not fucking Base. it is B-A-S-S

Faggot is spelled FAGGOT, not Faggit.

Laugh out Loud is supposed to be LOL not fucking eloel. wtf is ELOEL.

Finally, I Fucking Hate When People Type Like This With A Capital Letter Before Every Word.

What other posts piss you off?

Prolifical ENG
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I dont care how fags spell faggot.

i dont care how people spell "lol" since there are hundreds of ways to express yourself online like that.

people that are typing and capitalizing each letter because they really tried to post in all caps but the system didnt let them and it defaulted.

I dont care about grammar much as long as they structure paragraphs.

some purposely misspelled words just make me SMH

YungSunny
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
^When people type smh

Prolifical ENG
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
^^^smmfh

diggy
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
^^agree

IrOnMaN
03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
It doesn't bother me because WTC is a message board. I don't expect some the members to post perfect structured sentences. As long as they can post their opinion to the point of understanding, then they're okay.

YungSunny
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
^^^smmfh

Saw that coming.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5c/Golden_arms_redemption.jpg/200px-Golden_arms_redemption.jpg

Killa BB
03-04-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm mad that this thread is happening... And I thought I was a grammar nazi!...

Oh well, since I'm here...

Eye might as well git all ebonic on a nukka and errthang... Yo wuttup Sdeblasi!!! What the hell kinda name is dat N E Wayz??? AND how do we even know if you spelt it rite?

YungSunny
03-04-2009, 08:35 PM
^
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/46/Whuttheealbum.jpg/200px-Whuttheealbum.jpg

The Hound
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
if you're getting pissed off due to spelling and or grammatical errors i suggest you log off now before general chat makes you commit suicide

GZAjector
03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.megaforcerecords.com/cart/Speak%20Cover.jpg

TSA
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
i know im the last person to be posting in here but i dont give a fuck

don't come on here replacing I's with E's, faggot

like Fucken

Bitchen

Killen

You fucking dickwad. That shit is so fucking slutty its unreal.

The Hound
03-04-2009, 08:45 PM
i also find it ironic that this guy is getting furiously angry over spelling and or grammatical errors, and yet the thread title is:

Spelling/Grammar shit people ...

noel411
03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Ha, I have this fucked up little problem where I'm annoyed by poor grammar. I really wish I didn't. The grammar here is absolutely terrible. But fuck, some people aren't very well educated. It annoys me that I let it bother me. Just misuse of terms like...

Your / You're
To / Too
Their / They're / There
Than / Then

Little things like that annoy me. Maybe because I read an awful lot, and I like good, proper, grammatically sound English. People in general have really poor grammar skills though. Like I said, I really wish I wouldn't let it bother me.

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
2 Much Hatred In This Thread. Peace Faggets.

snapple
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
shit people get mad about the shit on here?..

you should see how some people text message..

nah it doesn't bother me how people type...cause most people on here are saying nothign anyway..ElOlZ KnOwAtImSAYin5*^

DJMethods
03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
you're/your

Motherfucking shits me.

Visionz
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
200 posts in and the muthaphucka is bitchen huh? hahahaha

The Hound
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Your / You're
To / Too
Their / They're / There
Than / Then

i have to admit i get pissed off with these and especially with the phenomenon of people typing "then" instead of "than" ... and i've noticed it isn't just wu tang corp, a lot of people on facebook shit and just in general do it

one thing that shits me IN REAL LIFE is when people don't pronounce TH and say it with a FR

three = free, for example ... fucking shits me to tears

DJMethods
03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
I also hate people who pronounce "new" as "noo" (as in moo).

noel411
03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
What about cunts who pronounce should've and could've as "should ov" and "could ov"?

It's been bastardised so badly that some people even write "should of" and "could of" as a further bastardisation of the already bastardised "should ov" and "could ov".

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Well the mis-spelling isnt so bad, because we're not writing a fucking thesis, so typos arent that bad.

BUT

That leet speak bullshit, the Lol, lmao, lawl crap is the stuff that makes me want to stab ball sacks with screwdrivers

The Hound
03-05-2009, 12:00 AM
What about cunts who pronounce should've and could've as "should ov" and "could ov"?

It's been bastardised so badly that some people even write "should of" and "could of" as a further bastardisation of the already bastardised "should ov" and "could ov".

fuckin oath ... especially when they write "would of" instead of "would have"

one that I really hate when I read newspaper and the like, "there is some people" instead of "there are some people" ... that shits me to no end

and the use of a Z instead of an S is fucking annoying too

I don't really get the shits with it on a website forum, but mostly when I read a newspaper or whatever and I find myself pretty much correcting people as I read rather than read it how it was presented

although, I am really should not complain since using a triple full stop as a sentence breaker is totaly butchering the english language

Longbongcilvaringz
03-05-2009, 12:00 AM
I used to find spelling and grammatical errors in general (not just here) a little annoying.

More particularly, problems people have with usage and also sayings.

But, after listening to some Stephen Fry said about pedants and how they are some of the most soul less and annoying people around, i found myself in agreement.

What does it really matter how something is spelled or what grammar is used, as long as the full meaning can be gleaned from it.

I still find myself almost correcting people when they say something which is incorrect, but usually i regulate.

sdeblasi
03-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Ok the title of the thread is misleading. I really don't care much about "grammar" mistakes because I really don't care how people write. This thread was geared more towards spelling "mistakes"/ things people do that are just dumb.

Like TSA said when people say fucken or bitchen with the e's, or when bass is spelled base.

By the way this thread is not me bitching, it's basically just a thread to point out commonly used words or phrases that people think are annoying when spelled a certain way.

Visionz
03-05-2009, 02:28 AM
it sure did turn into an Aussie bitch-fest though^

Uncle Steezo
03-05-2009, 05:46 AM
tone ... these are ellipses and they are acceptable.

any more than 3 is fucking up.

i use zero capitalization out of laziness. it also gives me another level of expression.
since nothing is capitalized, if i were to Type a word it has added emphasis. like caps without the faggotry.

i have lived in the south since 91 south carolina alabama and georgia. 3 states wih some of the worst accents.

SCarolina
OIL,FOIL,BOIL= OL, FOL, BOL - sounds like bowl

Georgia
trash bash cash=trayish bayish kayish - about 1.5 syllables

alabama
splits vowels into two sylables-
mary ann= May-ear-ee Aa-in
cunt=cuh-unt

YungSunny
03-05-2009, 05:49 AM
fuckin oath ... especially when they write "would of" instead of "would have"

one that I really hate when I read newspaper and the like, "there is some people" instead of "there are some people" ... that shits me to no end

and the use of a Z instead of an S is fucking annoying too

I don't really get the shits with it on a website forum, but mostly when I read a newspaper or whatever and I find myself pretty much correcting people as I read rather than read it how it was presented

although, I am really should not complain since using a triple full stop as a sentence breaker is totaly butchering the english language

I just pictured a guy holding a newspaper and having a tantrum because of spelling errors, it was sad.

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
03-05-2009, 05:51 AM
therre are 2 moch in thos treadt
example of poor grammar LOL

Mumm Ra
03-05-2009, 06:27 AM
i usually don't care about it in any aspect
except when people often misspell words that affect what the whole meaning of the sentence should mean
like being ions smarter then you
sorry TSA but you do it the most so I have to make an example out of you
sometimes your sentences read like somebody using "quick text" on their cellphone without looking at what word comes up before they send it and I have to go back and be like...oooh that's what he wanted himself to mean!

Huggasaurus Sex
03-06-2009, 04:44 AM
sometimes your sentences read like somebody using "quick text" on their cellphone without looking at what word comes up before they send it

i usually don't care about it in any aspect

mean either

PS. cosplay pro eng on paragraph structure being more important than grammar and spelling

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
03-06-2009, 04:46 AM
Si Bueno Son Fallos Gramaticales

Senator C. Palantine
03-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Faggot is spelled FAGGOT, not Faggit.

^ Hopes OB4CL2 is never released.

Faggit.

The Hound
03-06-2009, 06:57 AM
I just pictured a guy holding a newspaper and having a tantrum because of spelling errors, it was sad.