PDA

View Full Version : Outkast, Who DOESN'T Like Them?

noel411
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
This is not in any way a "hate" thread. It's not a thread to say that Outkast aren't a good hip hop group or anything like that. I just want to see who else doesn't like them, because I thought I was the only one, but just now I saw a very negative post about them by some dude. It actually made me laugh.

Anyway, I just don't like them one little bit. Admittedly I'm not very familiar with the majority of their work. This is simply because I have no desire to listen to them and can't even seem to force myself to. I have the Aquemini album, or whatever it's called, and really don't care for it. Just now I saw that there are a bunch of threads on here about how great they are, so I thought "what the hey", and threw my Aquemini cd in the player. Now I often put on cd's that I'm not really that into while I'm doing something (in this case I was making lunch), and just let them play through, but with this I had to stop it and put on something else before the second track was even over. I just really, really don't like them.

To be honest I actually don't think they're particularly talented mc's either, but like I said I'm not very familiar with their work, so I can't really say much on such things. But just from having heard them flow a bit...not impressed.

Paranoid
03-04-2009, 10:25 PM
I like Outkast

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
liar.

Paranoid
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
i didnt even read ur post noel until just now and i dont agree with anything you said but thats life

Chungsanity
03-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I know where the OP is coming from.

first of all, hiphop started in NY. then it trickled down to places like ATL eventually.

the thing is, ATL rappers like outkast obviously have different linguistic unorthodox voices when they're rapping, and the lisp is simply incomprehensible to the average listener. the average rapper has a normal slang/swagger when they're spitting, but ATL cats are simply unorthodox and the style is straight up different, so I know where the OP is coming from.

for me, it's 50/50 with them. theres some shit I like and dislike but I could never be a die-hard fan.

Prolifical ENG
03-04-2009, 10:39 PM
*yawn*

another outkast thread

The Hound
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
i'm going to have to respectfully disagree, especially about the part where you say they aren't particularly good MC's ... on the contrary, IMO, big boi is an underrated MC and andre is almost always on point, especially way back then i think he was almost flawless on the first three albums

i can see why some people don't like their style, but to me that's exactly why they're so good ... but if you haven't heard much of them i suggest starting with SPLCM and atleast giving them a shot to fully understand whether you like them or not ... you probably would like this album

Hq48IHcZnvo

4LZ4UA9NWJc

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
If you weigh out their good stuff compared to their bad stuff, there's a hell of a lot more BAD.

RAW-TASTE
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
this gotta be the 5th outkast thread in 2 days...

ButterCrunchJoints
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
If you weigh out their good stuff compared to their bad stuff, there's a hell of a lot more BAD.

I'm highly curious as to what all this BAD outkast music is, cause I still haven't heard it. Other than parts of Idlewild, what are you talking about?

Tito
03-04-2009, 11:14 PM
bone farm do you like mortal kombat... ?

i bet i can beat you in mortal kombat 2

The Hound
03-04-2009, 11:17 PM
lol you probably would ... i just downloaded it the other day and haven't played it since the mid 90s on the mega drive but i'd give you a run for your money

Wu-Tang Gambino
03-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Like I thought: most people who say they don't like outkast haven't heard anything by them or heard one album they wrote off immediately.

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Like I thought: most people who say they don't like outkast haven't heard anything by them or heard one album they wrote off immediately.
truth

or use speaker/love as their measuring stick

Edgar Erebus
03-05-2009, 05:24 AM
After being on the forum for TWO AND A HALF YEARS and accumulating 30 POSTS during that period, Chungsanity suddenly started caring and began his internet career simply emulating what launched TSA and Ghostlaced into frontpage stardom, that is, picking on a particular rapper/group and starting a random stan-hate spree in order to attract people's attention and establish himself as a force on the internets.

Sadness.

I can't prevent myself from thinking what are the reason for such a sudden change of heart. Possibly he was kicked from college. Or he found out that his girlfriend was fucking his boss and his best friend, at the same time. Or he just concluded that he's a failure in every other aspect of life, so he came here to make sure that he's a failure as a hip-hop listener and Corp.com poster too.

Chungsanity
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
^

- typing in rainbows
- dedicating a whole post about me
- finding out how many posts Ive made since I returned
- trying to say I suck at life (when every low self-esteemed kid has been told that, so they try to use it on others to make themselves feel better)

irony anyone?

iammzac
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Lol @ the serb

Suga Duga
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM

did you have a hard time trying to impress 15-year old girls today?

anyway, Outkast = legends. only on wu-corp ppl would say some dumb shit like them being unoriginal, boring or gay. you fuckers think biggie is overrated, get the fuck outta here.

Uncle Steezo
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
and people complained about me not posting in HHshop.

its like wtf is the point?

like talkin calculus to a toddler.

narc
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
joHV1D758sQ
M-ovHQG109M
DnYayTge3Zg
FjjHtSwFPnU
RTtfBJiVVfo
come on people, dont be dumb

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I like Outkast's first album and that's the only album of their's i like. Andre and Big Boi are good rappers but their albums are too weird for me. Atliens and Aquemini albums have a few songs i like. It's a shame Andre started acting weird after the first album. I swear every man Erkyah Badu gets with, she turns him into a weirdo LOL. Andre and Common were doing good rap before she got with them and then when they dated her, their music started to suck. I was listening to Outkast's greatest hits cd today. The Whole World is one of my favorite songs from them.

Chungsanity
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I like Outkast's first album and that's the only album of their's i like. Andre and Big Boi are good rappers but their albums are too weird for me. Atliens and Aquemini albums have a few songs i like. It's a shame Andre started acting weird after the first album. I swear every man Erkyah Badu gets with, she turns him into a weirdo LOL. Andre and Common were doing good rap before she got with them and then when they dated her, their music started to suck. I was listening to Outkast's greatest hits cd today. The Whole World is one of my favorite songs from them.

great minds think alike.

CharlesJones
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm glad somebody agrees with me about Outkast. I be trying to tell Outkast fans that their music after their first album sucks but i get dissed because of my opinion and i don't care. I wish Andre would've stayed normal. He's a weirdo. His clothes are wack and his music sucks.

Edgar Erebus
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
^

- typing in rainbows
- dedicating a whole post about me
- finding out how many posts Ive made since I returned
- trying to say I suck at life (when every low self-esteemed kid has been told that, so they try to use it on others to make themselves feel better)

irony anyone?

At least I can allow myself to dedicate one post among my 7820 to another poster. Unlike you, because that post of yours made more than 1% of your total posts.

I'm better than you in every sense I can imagine. I'm smarter than you, I'm younger than you, I'm quite positive that I'm even better looking than you, I get more coochie than you, I have bigger rep dick than you, and to top it all, I have more posts than you.

You lose.

With that said, I cease to acknowledge your existence until you have more than 2000 posts.

Chungsanity
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
^lmfao....this kid's arrogance. keep proving how inferior you feel.