PDA

View Full Version : Lil wayne isn't even a bad rapper anymore

TSA
03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
idk why everyone still wants to consider him as an example of 'bottom of the barrel' when they're pulling a randoms 'bad rapper' out of the hat.

infact his songs right now are better then wutangs current output.

Tonystarks420
03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
wheres the BAN button??

Paranoid
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
idk why everyone still wants to consider him as an example of 'bottom of the barrel' when they're pulling a randoms 'bad rapper' out of the hat.

infact his songs right now are better then wutangs current output.

Specifically with Criminology 2 and Wu-Oh in mind it should be hard for you to say this

Lil Wayne is capable of making good music, sometimes paper plates

Bottem of the barrel, pop art bullshit

I don't consider him terrible because he does have skills proved in songs like Renaissance Rap Remix

But I can rarely listen to him

And to me even 8 Diagrams can still topple anything Wayne is dishing out

Wayne cannot anyday fuck with the Wu

Disregard everything I said though if this thread is a joke

whitey
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
8d>any wayne album

but i do agree he does get unjustly hated on. if he never blew up you'd have a bunch of heads championing him. but thats life, hate comes with the fame.

im not saying 2pac is the best ever, thats a whole different debate. but when people talk shit about him...you know they are hating on the success and not the man, because wayne is clearly not even close to tupac in anything. so if they are gonna hate on pac, they are gonna hate on wayne.

but im fairly certain wayne doesnt care.

The Hound
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
i love how people say *choose rapper who is big now making commercial muic* "dude is fucking whack" then they give nas, az, GZA or some other fucking has been as an example of who is better

oDoUoSoKo
03-04-2009, 09:48 PM
^^^

Jay-Z is better than Lil Wanye...case closed..

oDoUoSoKo
03-04-2009, 09:50 PM
wheres the BAN button??
lawls

TSA
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Specifically with Criminology 2 and Wu-Oh in mind it should be hard for you to say this

Lil Wayne is capable of making good music, sometimes paper plates

Bottem of the barrel, pop art bullshit

I don't consider him terrible because he does have skills proved in songs like Renaissance Rap Remix

But I can rarely listen to him

And to me even 8 Diagrams can still topple anything Wayne is dishing out

Wayne cannot anyday fuck with the Wu

Disregard everything I said though if this thread is a joke
im not saying he's better then wu.

just right now with that they've put out for this year. with out a question

im not saying this to be stupid, i've heard both and im not a lil wayne fan, but its what's happening right now.

i made my mixtape thread to keep ppl posted on what's going on, i stopped visiting it and suddenly songs like crim 2 sounded like the end all of music

then i listened to what everyone else is putting out and it suddenly turned stale

Young Buck is making better songs..as mixtape throwaways, then wu right now.

the game has evolved alot, and so has lil wayne. at 1 point we wasn't that good, he's really improved and his music is exceptional right now, though im not a fan cause it's not my style.

if you listen to only wu for years on in then i sound crazy right now, if you know what's out right now, as throwaways, you wouldn't. Lil wayne is no longer an example of a bad rapper, at all.

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 09:55 PM
fuck being popular i been said Wayne was tight and has been since hot boyz days.
this was over 10 years ago
ZIGPgXR76xQ

TSA
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
diagrams were released in the same year. carter III is, by far, a better album.
if you don't like lil wayne as a person. if the sentence above gave an emotional response, and if you would feel good hearing that lil wayne got injured then to continue reading is a waste of your time cause you need help.

but yeah, carter III, and im not even a wanye fan, is a superior album to 8 diagrams..with ease.

you can, out of a bizarre unflinching bias, say its a pop commericial album, but lets look at carter III's pop song

Lollipop

and 8 diagrams'

Starter

and play either in a club or dancing environment. You will quickly realize that the 2 songs are aiming for the exact same thing, only 1 reaches that goal and the other one fails.

infact the one that fails even pisses off regular wu fans in other environments so its stranded and therefore a universally shitty piece of music.

when 7 out of 8 members of a group hate their album, the album sucks. its no longer opinion. there's no impulse in your body that causes you to want to put on 8 diagrams, you know it and shouldn't lie to yourself.

if you didn't have a hate for lil wayne as a human you would enjoy the album as a good work of music and realize he reached all the goals he set to achieve with every musical goal and vision he had on it, which is the best measure of a good album.

so yeah. dont bring up 8d, cause it's proof.

you can say 8 d is better or whatever, but you can't use Wayne as an example of a bad rapper cause he didn't have a song as bad as Tar pit or Sunlight.

Paranoid
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
im not saying he's better then wu.

just right now with that they've put out for this year. with out a question

im not saying this to be stupid, i've heard both and im not a lil wayne fan, but its what's happening right now.

i made my mixtape thread to keep ppl posted on what's going on, i stopped visiting it and suddenly songs like crim 2 sounded like the end all of music

then i listened to what everyone else is putting out and it suddenly turned stale

Young Buck is making better songs..as mixtape throwaways, then wu right now.

the game has evolved alot, and so has lil wayne. at 1 point we wasn't that good, he's really improved and his music is exceptional right now, though im not a fan cause it's not my style.

if you listen to only wu for years on in then i sound crazy right now, if you know what's out right now, as throwaways, you wouldn't. Lil wayne is no longer an example of a bad rapper, at all.

i dont only listen to wu

you compared wu and wayne so i was talking about wu and wayne

wayne is not a bad rapper

just tends to make shitty pop songs

and when it comes to skills rae & ghost are better then wayne and young buck by lightyears, and all the stuff rae has been dropping is fire the mixtape shit

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:03 PM
i afuck being popular i been said Wayne was tight and has been since hot boyz days.
this was over 10 years agoZIGPgXR76xQ
i like this wayne more and was a huge fan but why do you always ahve to do that?

all the time

"you guys are discussing this subject? i thought about, sdiscussed and or acted in a related manner 10 years ago, im a trend setter who's ahead of my time"

not so much this thread though there's glimpses, but others and i would address it elsewhere but bigben's a pussy.

you're always doing that tho. "you guys are wearing chucks, i wore chucks in the 80s, im a trend setter who's ahead of my time"

no, your 13 years older then the average poster on here.
you're not innovating, your aging.

ButterCrunchJoints
03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
obviously theres no comparison between vintage Wu and vintage Wayne. but I have to agree that C3 was better than 8 diagrams, and hes been putting out consistently better shit over the last few years.

CL2 might change that though. I hope it does, and judging by Wu Ooh the odds are looking good.

Paranoid
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
only songs i thought that really stood out on carter 3 were the one track with fabolous, dr. carter, phone home was ok but i hated the hook with that wack ass singing ruined the song for me, 3 peat wasn't bad

i enjoyed all the songs on 8 diagrams, some much more then others

8 Diagrams had some classic/arguably close to classic material although some may argue

Wolves, Rushing Elephants, Take It Back, Weak Spot, Windmill, Heart Gently Weeps, Gun Will Go, Camp Fire

Ya got Life Changes for ODB

Stick Me for My Riches, Get them out the way pa, Sunlight, Tarpit are the songs i rarely listen to, but for "filler" i'd say they're all dope tracks that have
their moments

I personally like Tar Pit and even enjoy George Clinton's ramblings

The original version of Unpredictable is better, but some may be able to tolerate the album version. Deck is razor sharp on that song

I still say its a solid and underrated album

whitey
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
diagrams were released in the same year. carter III is, by far, a better album.
if you don't like lil wayne as a person. if the sentence above gave an emotional response, and if you would feel good hearing that lil wayne got injured then to continue reading is a waste of your time cause you need help.

but yeah, carter III, and im not even a wanye fan, is a superior album to 8 diagrams..with ease.

you can, out of a bizarre unflinching bias, say its a pop commericial album, but lets look at carter III's pop song

Lollipop

and 8 diagrams'

Starter

and play either in a club or dancing environment. You will quickly realize that the 2 songs are aiming for the exact same thing, only 1 reaches that goal and the other one fails.

infact the one that fails even pisses off regular wu fans in other environments so its stranded and therefore a universally shitty piece of music.

when 7 out of 8 members of a group hate their album, the album sucks. its no longer opinion. there's no impulse in your body that causes you to want to put on 8 diagrams, you know it and shouldn't lie to yourself.

if you didn't have a hate for lil wayne as a human you would enjoy the album as a good work of music and realize he reached all the goals he set to achieve with every musical goal and vision he had on it, which is the best measure of a good album.

so yeah. dont bring up 8d, cause it's proof.

you can say 8 d is better or whatever, but you can't use Wayne as an example of a bad rapper cause he didn't have a song as bad as Tar pit or Sunlight.

flat out disagree.

im a big wu fan, but not a stan. i think iron flag is weak, and the W is average at best, to prove that point.

8d, musically, is a much better album than the carter 3. easily. no hate for wayne even enters this equation because i really dont mind him and like a chunk of his music.

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
age 17 on a 41/2 mic album when mics meant something
eIn5C52ozpg

whitey
03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
age 17 on a 41/2 mic album when mics meant something
eIn5C52ozpg

eh......

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:30 PM
flat out disagree.

im a big wu fan, but not a stan. i think iron flag is weak, and the W is average at best, to prove that point.

8d, musically, is a much better album than the carter 3. easily. no hate for wayne even enters this equation because i really dont mind him and like a chunk of his music.
what does 'msuically' mean

its a shitty album that diappointed everyone except a select few, as best seen in 90% of the ppl that made it hating it.

musically it featured a guy talking in chinese to an non chinese speaking audience for like, 4 minutes straight on a song about a dead man that wasn't chinese and didn't speak the language, george clinton screaming and being a weirdo, an unenthusiatic wutang clan with no energy that hinted heavily on how forced and emailed this album was, cappadonna spitting one of the wackest things on wax, a failed attempt to crossover to a pop audience that will never accept you with a song that would clear a dancefloor as soon as a drooling gza starters rapping about how your a whore that has sex on bibles, GZA SINGING ON STICK ME FOR MY RICHES AND EMBARASSING THE FUCK OUT OF NEW YORK, all members using their wackest delieveries, an inferior version of a beatles song that was still good but sandwiched with all the low tempo sleepy enthusiamless songs on the album it becomes a skipper and more boring.

the best song on 8d was 16th chamber, get em out ya way or windmill, these are the songs that didn't fail in being that they were supposed to be.

but on the album all of those but 16th chamber turn boring cause they're sandwiched with songs of the exact same tempo and depressingness.

the album makes the good songs on it into shittier songs, where as the carter not only blew the minds of lil wayne fans, but one legions of unlikely respect and admiration from ppl that dislike waynes music like myself.

Dr Carter is just flat out better then Windmill, and Windmill is cited as the albums best moment.

wu doesn't even preform songs for this album and they got the first beatles sample in hip hop AND have to promote it. that tells you something...

i mean...why would you..

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 10:30 PM
i a
i like this wayne more and was a huge fan but why do you always ahve to do that?

all the time

"you guys are discussing this subject? i thought about, sdiscussed and or acted in a related manner 10 years ago, im a trend setter who's ahead of my time"

not so much this thread though there's glimpses, but others and i would address it elsewhere but bigben's a pussy.

you're always doing that tho. "you guys are wearing chucks, i wore chucks in the 80s, im a trend setter who's ahead of my time"

no, your 13 years older then the average poster on here.
you're not innovating, your aging.

i could still battle rap you into an early grave so watch it kid.

me innovating?....most of the time its the truth. i'm that type of dude.

But i'm gonna tell you why because there is a disconnect between cats comin up in the golden era and yall cats. thats why yall are plagued with bullshit artists and shitty music.

if more cats acted like i try to and at least connect the dots from A to B
maybe souljah boy and whoever else yall hate wouldn't be dominating the airwaves.

a lot of yall aint even heard classics that might spark one of yall to be a great mc. you don't undertsand that the golden era was oversaturated with good music from all areas.

some of yall have no knowledge before 1997.

but keep it real. you are the last person to accuse anyone of trying to claim anything on this site. you are theone to do that and do it over some dumb shit too.

"I was the 1st to say that style posted in too many colors see? see MY IONS? i'm better at wucorp posting style anaylyzing."

STFU and stop crying.

IONS NIGGA

ions

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
eh......
he was about your age.....

whitey
03-04-2009, 10:38 PM
what does 'msuically' mean

its a shitty album that diappointed everyone except a select few, as best seen in 90% of the ppl that made it hating it.

musically it featured a guy talking in chinese to an non chinese speaking audience for like, 4 minutes straight on a song about a dead man that wasn't chinese and didn't speak the language, george clinton screaming and being a weirdo, an inferior version of a beatles song that was still good but sandwiched with all the low tempo sleepy enthusiamless songs on the album it becomes a skipper and more boring.

the best song on 8d was 16th chamber, get em out ya way or windmill, these are the songs that didn't fail in being that they were supposed to be.

but on the album all of those but 16th chamber turn boring cause they're sandwiched with songs of the exact same tempo and depressingness.

the album makes the good songs on it into shittier songs, where as the carter not only blew the minds of lil wayne fans, but one legions of unlikely respect and admiration from ppl that dislike waynes music like myself.

Dr Carter is just flat out better then Windmill, and Windmill is cited as the albums best moment.

if you are going to pick wayne material to impress people with the carter 3 should not be it.

dude is talking about being a martian and phone home and just a lot of corny shit on that album.

8d has 10 songs that were either good or really good.

you cant say that for the carter 3.

and by musically in my other post i meant its just straight better music. wayne is just generic rap. rza went on some outkast innovation on parts of 8d. the carter 3 is just something for the white teenage suberbanites.

whitey
03-04-2009, 10:39 PM
he was about your age.....

so..............

Mozart was making symphonies at 6 but they were generally regarded as shit until he got older.

Keep Tickin'
03-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Lil Wanye is completely incapable of making quality music

His rhymes blow

His beats blow

His lyrics blow

His flow blows

I suck at freestylin but I'd love to battle him when given the chance

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:41 PM
style i didn't read you post except the part where you were that kind of dude and how you've battle rap me into a grave

these are lies. i would obliterate you in a battle rap cause your a generally easy to make fun of, pathetic, bizarre, corny, and emotional character with alot to prove

also your 11 years older then me for example, when you were growing pubes i was growing teeth..

..or being born actually..

so yeah, you're innovative, you are 32, you probably did everything before all off us, so?

what if i went to a playground and found some 9 years olds (20-11=9 for comparison)

and said

"Ha, you guys are watching cartoons, i've already seen all these cartoon years ago, here's a cartoon"

then posted a youtube video in their room of a cartoon i watched before them.

you wear and do alot of weird stuff but it's not innovative, you just do and shit load of wierd stuff and when one or 2 of them catch on due to factors that have nothing to do with you, you'll say"ha i did that" to make yourself feel good cause you constantly have something to prove or feel that why out of a lack of real self esteem.

i wouldnt say, to 9 years olds, any of the stuff you say to 20 year olds, out of pride.

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
if you are going to pick wayne material to impress people with the carter 3 should not be it.

dude is talking about being a martian and phone home and just a lot of corny shit on that album.

8d has 10 songs that were either good or really good.

you cant say that for the carter 3.

and by musically in my other post i meant its just straight better music. wayne is just generic rap. rza went on some outkast innovation on parts of 8d. the carter 3 is just something for the white teenage suberbanites.

the martian thing was a brilliant and funny idea that expressed a very real point. lil wayne is odd, and in the song he creatively says 'im not like you' but makes it funny and a great song with good lyrics too boot and a superb beat.

Life changes, for instance, was indeed to make you feel the sorrow or understand how wu felt when ODB, one of the most loveable, animated ppl of all time, died...mind you he was 2 of their cousins.

and in the end is an unlistentoable 4 second rant.....in chinese.

mind you the song was an epic fail cause politics cut members out (ghost) when it was supposed to be a no bullshit affair and therefore instead of reminding you of ODB, depressed you with how much of a geriatric disaster wutang had become.

mind you it was boring, uninspired, and lukewarm, the polar opposite of ODB.

if failed to reach what it was trying to do

tar pit failed to rach what it was trying to do

gently weeps fail to reach what it was trying to do

starter failed to reach what it was trying to do

8 diagrams failed to reach what it was trying to do

carter 3 was nothing but bullseyes, to top it off his material since then is better.

whitey
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
nope nope nope.

idk what kinda kool aid you got into but layyyy off brova.

ButterCrunchJoints
03-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Lil Wanye is completely incapable of making quality music

His rhymes blow

His beats blow

His lyrics blow

His flow blows

I suck at freestylin but I'd love to battle him when given the chance

Hate.
3osvFMFXhWI
have fun with that freestyle battle

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:49 PM
also there we go again with 'white teenage suburbanites'

this is wutangs demographic. to say they have shitty taste in music is a slap in the face.
mainly cause you named whitey online.

waynes demographic is a hell of a lot blacker then wutangs...tho idk what that proves other then your point is invalid.

Rza said unpredictable was aimed at 'the white boys in the mosh pits'

the white boys hate this song.

there has never been a mosh pit formed to this song cause it was never preformed cause it was shitty music

unpredictable failed
8 diagrams failed

Uncle Steezo
03-04-2009, 10:50 PM
trying too hard to gain lost eGround.

didn't read any of it but from the length and the word shapes.
i assume you are upset an are bringing up old shit and saying that i'm old.

somebody read it and tell me if i'm right.

back to lil wayne.....

pop music is supposed to corny and dumb.

to make good pop music you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

in a society that is getting dumber by the second, it means music has to get worse to be better.

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:53 PM
im only speaking of real point and acutal examples of actual failure not hatred for anything whereas i know alot of you would be happy if lil wayne was in a car accident and therefore take the stance you take

its ok to say he's making better music then wutang right now. he just won a grammy for it that wutang wasn't even considered for, and they had 4 swings at it that year
protools
digi snacks
big dough
8 D

say what you want about the grammy board or whatever, but its more then obvious wutang at its present state makes inferior music to the majority of active hip hop artists at this moment.

young buck is making better songs then wutang right now ppl.

we all know wu is in crisis, everything im saying is just visible result of this crisis.

but my original point remains, lil wayne is no longer a good example of a shitty rapper.

TSA
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
trying too hard to gain lost eGround.

didn't read any of it but from the length and the word shapes.
i assume you are upset an are bringing up old shit and saying that i'm old.

somebody read it and tell me if i'm right.

back to lil wayne.....

pop music is supposed to corny and dumb.

to make good pop music you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

in a society that is getting dumber by the second, it means music has to get worse to be better.

wutang failed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

if pop music is an artform of the dumb, the intelligent should have no problem doing it

im sure picasso can make stick figures.

but they tried

Starter

it failed.

Lil wayne made Lollipop

it didn't fail.

this is an unbias reality thats measureable with actual numbers and amounts of ppl satisfied.

also...again...if all you listen to is wutang then wutangs current music is thumping, but as of now they're lagging behind in the real world. i thought ghide was decent, till i listened to a white owl mixtape from the same week and realized comparitively its uninspired trash.

also idk what eground is, im signed on here to express my opinion on various stuff with hip hop fans with an incline towards wutang like myself.
you're only saying this cause i've been mean to you tonight and you want me to feel how you feel.

snapple
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
yo some of the shit you say thats hip-hop related....

whitey
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
also there we go again with 'white teenage suburbanites'

this is wutangs demographic. to say they have shitty taste in music is a slap in the face.
mainly cause you named whitey online.

waynes demographic is a hell of a lot blacker then wutangs...tho idk what that proves other then your point is invalid.

Rza said unpredictable was aimed at 'the white boys in the mosh pits'

the white boys hate this song.

there has never been a mosh pit formed to this song cause it was never preformed cause it was shitty music

unpredictable failed
8 diagrams failed

nah because the typical white suburban kid doesnt know shit about rap. trust me i went to a 95% white college and most all of them were loving 50 and gunit and wayne and ti. anything that is on the radio these kids like.

the "white boys" hate unpredictable for that reason. because as i just said, they dont know shit about good hiphop. if i asked them if they like ultramagnetic mc's, slick rick, organized konfusion, OC, pete rock ect. any of them dudes, they dont know who they are. you wanna know why? because they dont know shit about rap.

unpredictable happens to be one of my favorite songs on that album. that is what im talking about it being musically good. rza did some dope shit that produced a sound you never hear from other rappers. that is good music to me. not just putting out that same tired bullshit.

and lastly, your point on my name is invalid. im named whitey on this forum for a reason. i wanted people to see the name and get a preconceived notion in their head.

TSA
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
i'll post lil wayne examples as soon as a scan my mxtape thread for examples but ppl are putting songs of this quality on mixtapes as advertisements for greater things

yn_jRa_9NTk

this is a mixtape track from on wu,

9AZCaaeFqLU

this si a mixtape track from wu,

even if G-hide is your shit, the fact that the beat has 1998 sound levels, a very uninspired beat (unless this is standard wu..which you know it isn't and is insulting to say it is), uninspired to forgettable verses (unless this is standard wu to you), and a 2002 boring repeat loop.

i'll say Wu-ooh is modern standard tho.

Keep Tickin'
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Lil wayne was never good either

I'm part of that "teenage white suburban" demographic and I can still appreciate lyrical genius and see lack of lyrical ability and lack of lyrical quality

Weezy raps about nothing

He claims to be gansta when he was never in a gang. Claims to have had money when he never had a thing

Yo cash money, know what I'm sayin?

Wu tang needs to pick up the slack but weezy's still not better

The only guy holding it down is Nas

I heard common's album blows and I won't even listen to it

whitey
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
i'll post lil wayne examples as soon as a scan my mxtape thread for examples but ppl are putting songs of this quality on mixtapes as advertisements for greater things

yn_jRa_9NTk

this is a mixtape track from on wu,

9AZCaaeFqLU

this si a mixtape track from wu,

even if G-hide is your shit, the fact that the beat has 1998 sound levels, a very uninspired beat (unless this is standard wu..which you know it isn't and is insulting to say it is), uninspired to forgettable verses (unless this is standard wu to you), and a 2002 boring repeat loop.

i'll say Wu-ooh is modern standard tho.

that statik selekta song was on his album. which was good. as is that song. id rather listen to that song than carter 3.

TSA
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
nah because the typical white suburban kid doesnt know shit about rap. trust me i went to a 95% white college and most all of them were loving 50 and gunit and wayne and ti. anything that is on the radio these kids like.

the "white boys" hate unpredictable for that reason. because as i just said, they dont know shit about good hiphop. if i asked them if they like ultramagnetic mc's, slick rick, organized konfusion, OC, pete rock ect. any of them dudes, they dont know who they are. you wanna know why? because they dont know shit about rap.

unpredictable happens to be one of my favorite songs on that album. that is what im talking about it being musically good. rza did some dope shit that produced a sound you never hear from other rappers. that is good music to me. not just putting out that same tired bullshit.

and lastly, your point on my name is invalid. im named whitey on this forum for a reason. i wanted people to see the name and get a preconceived notion in their head.

what are you talking about?
white poeple have an obsessive passion for hip hop. as can be indicated from your posting on here with white skin.

i grew up with white suburban kids, they love 'real hip hop', this can be proven by anyone posting a picture of a wu show, or a KRS show.

black ppl tend to like g0unit and lil wanye in a higher respective percentage then white ppl

this can be seen by anyone posting a picture of a lil wayne or g-unit show.

white ppl on the other hand know alot about hip hop. like. alot. most black ppl i met don't care and are more into pop and rnb.

whitey
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
thats because there are a ton more white people in this country. obviously your going to get ones that like good hip hop. like why im posting on this board with my white skin.

that % of white people are the ones that go to real hip hop shows.

but if you ever go to a gunit concert or ESPECIALLY a wayne concert. whiter than your teeth kid.

snapple
03-04-2009, 11:14 PM
what are you talking about?
white poeple have an obsessive passion for hip hop. as can be indicated from your posting on here with white skin.

i grew up with white suburban kids, they love 'real hip hop', this can be proven by anyone posting a picture of a wu show, or a KRS show.

black ppl tend to like g0unit and lil wanye in a higher respective percentage then white ppl

this can be seen by anyone posting a picture of a lil wayne or g-unit show.

white ppl on the other hand know alot about hip hop. like. alot. most black ppl i met don't care and are more into pop and rnb.

your're such a square....

TSA
03-04-2009, 11:24 PM
thats because there are a ton more white people in this country. obviously your going to get ones that like good hip hop. like why im posting on this board with my white skin.

but if you ever go to a gunit concert or ESPECIALLY a wayne concert. whiter than your teeth kid.
no their not. black ppl came out in droves when 50 came here,
i was the only black person in the city that didn't buy a ticket.
mind you there was alot of white ppl too but i was one of 6 black ppl at the ghost show, and a huge % of the black ppl i know listen to wayne alot, the ones that dont dont listen to hip hop in general.

but all the backpackers i've ever met have been white. lets stop lying to ourselves or acting like white skin matters but wus fans are notoriously white.

meth has even said in interviews that we've all seen he doesn't know why black ppl dont go to their shows anymore and that white fans are particularlly adept to wu cause white fans are more likely to dig crates where as black ones listen to whats big at the moment.

this is very true.
wtf?

yIwkg5OCv4w

^this is a mixtape song.

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Okay lets look at some of the suppose ''Facts'' that have been brought up to support this dude, Lil Wayne

1)Lil Wayne created Lollipop, Wu Tang made Starter, One succeded, One failed.
a)Lollipop was OVER exposed, and played CONSTANTLY, Its proven that songs played over and over sell. Starter was NOT a single, didnt have a video, Thus RUINS that comparison and make it pointless

2) Lil Wayne won a grammy!
a)Since when has grammy's meant ANYTHING in hip hop.

3)Lil wayne sold a million in a week.
a) Once again, over exposure causes the sheep, which I call hip hop fans nowadays, see things on repeat on the radio, on television, see interviews and magazines say the trendy quote of him being the best in the world. They follow the trend and buy the albums.

People take WAY too much ques from the media, that they dont make their own decisions, Which is why he gets so much attention now, and it took his SIXTH ALBUM, for him to be relevant. so No, The grammy or record sales prove dick, 6 albums to matter? Thats fucking sad, It took Wu...ONE. To matter. ONE to go platinum. If you want to trade stats between Wu and Wayne. Please, dont even go there.

Besides since when does platinum mean SHIT anymore. The fans who buy most albums are fucking idiots, If SOULJAH BOY can go platinum, Those plaques mean nothing anymore.

4)Lil wayne is poppin NOW, Wu isnt?
A)This right here, is a quote that ruins ANYONES credibility. Which proves the person saying that is a sheep and follows the trends of the now, The flavor of the month.
Lets see where Wayne is in 5-10 years, and how much his impact will effect hip hop in the longevity of his career. Wu already eclipsed him in the effect department sooooo.Yeah, Wu wins that too, Being hot for now, does NOT prove talent, or relevance

And of course one of the most defining reasons for why this dude doesnt matter, and isnt relevant

http://wmdeez.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/lil-wayne-kissing-baby.jpg

staliondan23
03-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I love the Wu, but "Shoot Me Down" and "Tie My Hands" off Carter 3 were better then anything on 8 diagrams

If any of you on here honestly think Lil Wayne doesn't have skills then you have to watch this freestyle from BET http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEBkbcwCiw

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I love the Wu, but "Shoot Me Down" and "Tie My Hands" off Carter 3 were better then anything on 8 diagrams

If any of you on here honestly think Lil Wayne doesn't have skills then you have to watch this freestyle from BET http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEBkbcwCiw

I figured somebody would bring up the most overrated ''Freestyle'' in booth history up. First off, Its from a known mixtape song. Secondly, Its NOT that hot. So no point can be made with this.

Dude is over rated, In my opinion, Even in his Cash money days, I never liked his shit. Im not a south fan besides Luda and Outkast. And Luda would RIP Wayne in every way. Go track for track with Luda, and see how ''Hot'' Wayne is supposed to be.

whitey
03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
those songs are deece.

but i would much rather listen to get em out your way pa, unpredictable, heart gently weeps, windmill, rushing elephants, weak spot, gun will go, or take it back...any day before anything off carter 3.

those 8 songs i mentioned are fire to me. good music. better than decent rap.

Twiztid-Wutang
03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
those songs are deece.

but i would much rather listen to get em out your way pa, unpredictable, heart gently weeps, windmill, rushing elephants, weak spot, gun will go, or take it back...any day before anything off carter 3.

those 8 songs i mentioned are fire to me. good music. better than decent rap.

WORD, and agreed.

Weak Spot, Windmill, Campfire, especially Gun will go crushed Wayne catalog, End of discussion

staliondan23
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM

Maybe where your from... but ill tell you every "real hip hop" show ive been too, the audience is atleast 90% WHITE.

Maybe where your from... but ill tell you every "real hip hop" show ive been too, the audience is atleast 90% WHITE.

By the way unpredicable kinda blew in my opinion...deck killed it but rza fucked the track up with some of the production...sounds like a damn horror movie. You could play that song for most heads and they would still think its wack.

staliondan23
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I figured somebody would bring up the most overrated ''Freestyle'' in booth history up. First off, Its from a known mixtape song. Secondly, Its NOT that hot. So no point can be made with this.

Dude is over rated, In my opinion, Even in his Cash money days, I never liked his shit. Im not a south fan besides Luda and Outkast. And Luda would RIP Wayne in every way. Go track for track with Luda, and see how ''Hot'' Wayne is supposed to be.

Yes he re-recorded the verse for Da Drought 3 on "Live from the 504" and yes it is dope.. Luda's album was good though, definitely top 3 of 08' for me.

ButterCrunchJoints
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
8n87JmJ4JYA

and while c3 and 8d aren't that far apart, c2 is hands down a better album than 8d. certainly you wouldnt try and argue that there is a track on 8d better than tha mobb or best rapper alive, or fly in.

whitey
03-05-2009, 12:19 AM

By the way unpredicable kinda blew in my opinion...deck killed it but rza fucked the track up with some of the production...sounds like a damn horror movie. You could play that song for most heads and they would still think its wack.

i like the baseline on unpredictable.

but nevermind about unpredictable being one of my favorites, it would prob be about 9th or 10th best song on the album. i confused it with gun will go for some reason. the end of that song is beastmode.

Rame
03-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Funny that you would start this thread now, while he's losing it even more:

h7bWUrZAtQY

Edgar Erebus
03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
And he started it after Weezy quit rapping completely and started doing auto-tune "rock".

SMH

YungSunny
03-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Is he even rapping right now? Seriously?
I thought he was too busy with autotune :i

TSA
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
autotune > a chinese guy talking for 4 minutes in chinese..just talking.

TSA
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
if you think unpredictable was a good song your opinion ends there.cerealz, lol.

"Witty wutang is unpredictable"

WITTY wutang is unpredictable
bitching.

Rame
03-05-2009, 11:15 AM
autotune > a chinese guy talking for 4 minutes in chinese..just talking.

Doesn't make it less wack.

Twiztid-Wutang
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Doesn't make it less wack.

It doesnt make it less wack at all. These dudes is using the same tool roger troutman and fucking Cher used, Kissing boys, dressing like urkel, and hes the best rapper in the game?

What part of the game is that?

YungSunny
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
^Nice point man.
If fashion determined skill....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Andre_Benjamin.jpg/220px-Andre_Benjamin.jpg

drippie k
03-06-2009, 02:50 AM
lil wayne can spit, there aint no doubt on that, everyone knows it...but the fact that he chooses to make songs like that "let it rock" shit is what makes him wack...he knows making music for idiots sells and thats what he's doing

Memory Man
03-06-2009, 02:57 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/27/lil-wayne-linked-to-stupid-people/

The Prime Sithesizah
03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Cased closed.

I don't feel like there's as much hate towards Lil Wayne as oppose to people just viewing him as overrated. Seriously, 90% of his lyrical references are SEXUAL all through the songs or a bunch of pointless levels of gunplay.... its like I said in another thread, the rappers of today aren't really NICE, especially on the commercial side of things.. when was the last time we've heard a #1 single as lyrical and catchy as Big Pun's I'm Not A Player?... talk about raising the bar these days...

staliondan23
03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
^^Eminem "Lose Youself" 2002