PDA

View Full Version : Outkast-fan advice needed!

Shogah
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Only album i got from them i southernplayalistic......blabla
But i never listened it.

and i want to give it a spin in my mp3 but only couple of songs.
Have in mind that i never listened any outkast.

So i use this long run of outkast related thread to find someone familiar to their stuff to tell which songs should i give place in my mp3 player storage?

Edgar Erebus
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
You should really sit down and listen to the whole album, it's cohesive and banging from the first to the last track. I'm saying it as someone who listened to it dozens of times. In consistency and overall enjoyability it's on par with Midnight Marauders.

beautifulrock
03-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Myintrotoletoknow
Claimin' True
Hootie Hoo
Git up Get out
Players Ball
Ain't no thang
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

those are the best off the top of my head

Uncle Steezo
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
put the whole thing in there.

Billy Danzenie
03-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Myintrotoletoknow
Claimin' True
Hootie Hoo
Git up Get out
Players Ball
Ain't no thang
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

those are the best off the top of my head

same here

ButterCrunchJoints
03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
yeah, Claimin True gets slept on a lot but for me its up there with the more popular songs from the album.

"packed a shank up in my socks, when i started Kindergarten."

The Hound
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
start from the begining and listen all the way through ... albums sound A LOT better when listened all the way through

but if you really just want a handful of songs, use brock's list and add crumblin' erb

Chungsanity
03-05-2009, 08:54 PM
their only album that I felt, with high replay value. never gets old.

beautifulrock
03-05-2009, 11:00 PM
start from the begining and listen all the way through ... albums sound A LOT better when listened all the way through

but if you really just want a handful of songs, use brock's list and add crumblin' erbI cosign that

beautifulrock
03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
I always thought crumblin erb was ahead of its time, like it belonged on Aquemini, and West Savannah belonged on Southernplayalistic

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-05-2009, 11:13 PM
no love for 'funky ride'? wtf!

i'll let someone else make an observation...

you really should just get the whole album though

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I always thought crumblin erb was ahead of its time, like it belonged on Aquemini, and West Savannah belonged on Southernplayalistic

west savannah was recorded for southerplayalistic

beautifulrock
03-05-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm aware, he says it on the intro

shystar36
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM
what you need to do is listen to the whole record like everyone else says. after that listen to atliens and aquemini. and never listen to anything they recorded after that. trust me. it will break your heart

drippie k
03-06-2009, 03:35 AM
^^^^fuck that, stankonia was fire!!! youre crazy..spaghettie junction, red velvet, gangsta shit, gasoline dreams, snappin n trappin, BOB...just off the top of my head

speakerboxxx/the love below was a little different, but they got some dope shit on there too, especially the love below...not a big rnb fan myself but damn

Billy Danzenie
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Funky Ride opening is tite

Dr. Simon Hurt
03-06-2009, 10:33 PM
^^^^fuck that, stankonia was fire!!! youre crazy..spaghettie junction, red velvet, gangsta shit, gasoline dreams, snappin n trappin, BOB...just off the top of my head

speakerboxxx/the love below was a little different, but they got some dope shit on there too, especially the love below...not a big rnb fan myself but damn

love below is a great album, it transcends rnb to me, there are too many influences and directions on the album to simply box it up like, and i agree with you on stankonia, while the album sold alot, i think that's where people started doubting them because that shit was stratospheric.

djskillz
03-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I'd say definitely throw the whole album on there. Call of da Wild is my shit.

elantratuner
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Agreed on the Stankonia notes, dope album. BOB one of my favourite joints of all time