PDA

View Full Version : I actually give up tryna write lyrics....

oldie
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I been writing since i was like 15 or something, well thats when i 1st tried writing rhymes and ive been trying ever since.

but these days i just cant find the words no matter how many times i try. i got so much i wanna get down but i cant find the words, or i can find the words, just shite ones with the odd good one liner.

i mean its not like i live in a really rough area or deal drugs, parents split up or lived on the streets etc its just personal problems. you know how it is.

i only ever put it on the mic three times with my mate in these three tracks which are like just over a year old now and looking back on them i realise how bad they actually are:

the 1st track i ever laid down was this called WhyTwokay (i take 1st and 3rd verse): http://www.mediafire.com/?nodovyddzgn

then we made D.T's (i take 1st): http://www.mediafire.com/?kayitkwu2jw

then Femme Fatale: (i take 3rd n 4th): http://www.mediafire.com/?5owgznwdkie

thoughts?

noel411
03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
i mean its not like i live in a really rough area or deal drugs, parents split up or lived on the streets etc its just personal problems. you know how it is.
So what? So you can't write about cliche bullshit that's been done a million times already? Just write about whatever is on your mind, or things that a true to you. Don't worry about whether what you're writing is considered "hip hop" or not. Fuck that. Just be yourself, mate. I'm sure you can come up with something more interesting than poverty and crime to write about. Don't force yourself to write some bullshit. Just write whatever comes naturally to you.

I listened to the first audio track, and it was rough. But how much have you actually practiced? You'll improve if you stick with it. One thing in particular though. Your voice sounds kind of slurred. It's hard to understand your lyrics because of it. Work on that for a start.

Don't stick with it because other people tell you to. Just use that to fuel and encourage you. And don't give up because other people tell you to. Fuck 'em. If you like doing it then do it for yourself. If you're asking other people if they think you should keep at it, then you need to change your outlook and approach. Do it for yourself and not for anybody else. You'll likely find yourself enjoying it more and getting better results if you have that sort of mentality.

oldie
03-11-2009, 04:32 AM
So what? So you can't write about cliche bullshit that's been done a million times already? Just write about whatever is on your mind, or things that a true to you. Don't worry about whether what you're writing is considered "hip hop" or not. Fuck that. Just be yourself, mate. I'm sure you can come up with something more interesting than poverty and crime to write about. Don't force yourself to write some bullshit. Just write whatever comes naturally to you.

I listened to the first audio track, and it was rough. But how much have you actually practiced? You'll improve if you stick with it. One thing in particular though. Your voice sounds kind of slurred. It's hard to understand your lyrics because of it. Work on that for a start.

Don't stick with it because other people tell you to. Just use that to fuel and encourage you. And don't give up because other people tell you to. Fuck 'em. If you like doing it then do it for yourself. If you're asking other people if they think you should keep at it, then you need to change your outlook and approach. Do it for yourself and not for anybody else. You'll likely find yourself enjoying it more and getting better results if you have that sort of mentality.

wow, thnaks for the reply! thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot. but yeah the reason i do do it for my own benefit, get stuff off my chest n that.

and yeah ive asked close friends what they think etc and obv my friends like it but thats probably mainly because they dont know anyone capable of making music, spending time doing it.

but its just frsutrating when you get writers block, i try to write about my personal life and it gets hard tryna find the words. i guess it has worried me that what im writing isnt 'hip-hop' kinda thing but your right i should just write no matter what.

as for the delivery of the track, yea my speech is slurred and i have no idea why, i actually dont like listenin to my own voice but i guess not many people do, my voice sounds a bit more copable on music to me but yeah its slurred and i aint even caught a bullet to the mouth lol
and practicing, it took me one night to record that verse, so many practices in one night. and them practices was my 1st shot at it. yeah it is rough as hell lol the quality and levels are all over the joint but our equipment was fucked, cool edit was recording some constant buzzing noise in the background which distorted the vocals.
i need to improve my flow as well as my speech lol

i get e-mails from 'the complete mc' and read up on his tips but havent put em to practice yet.

my cousin who's 18 likes the stuff and wants a burnt disc on it and has been askin for the album (which isnt made yet) for like a year but i told him i gave up and he told me dont be stupid, keep at it (cos he likes it) he thinks im mad for giving up.

i guess i just get periods of times when i can write and write and others i cant write a thing, and when i can write, i like writing and it encourages me to write more.

but thanks a lot for taking time to listen to my stuff. feedback is much much much appreciated!