PDA

View Full Version : lol Tekken 6 pushed the 360 to its limit

KZA
03-11-2009, 12:00 AM
According to its executive producer, Tekken 6's graphics approach the limit of what the Xbox 360 is capable of, and the beat-'em up's technology may affect development of the console's successor

"It is a challenge to fit this game onto one DVD and to make sure the data is read at a fast rate," Katsuhiro Harada told X360. "It is essential to utilize the 360’s functions and strengths to the fullest in order to accomplish the same goal. I believe that the data and experience gained during development may affect development of the next iteration of the console."

As Tekken 6 was developed on an arcade board based on the PS3's architecture, replicating its high graphical fidelity on the 360 - at 60fps - has been very challenging according to Harada.

“This technology has been very difficult to realise with fighting games running at 60fps”

"Tekken 6’s graphics engine was developed for a high frame rate to create fluid motion rather than focusing purely on extravagant still shots," he said. "Using a ‘fulltime adjustable animation blur’ which adjusts to each character’s movement and speed, these games show a new level of smooth and dynamic movement. This technology has proved very difficult to realise with fighting games running at 60fps.

Even here at NBGI, the Soul Calibur Team gave up on it for Soul Calibur IV. In order to accomplish this effect, we had to write a lot of code optimised to make full use of the PS3’s SPU. Ultimately, we implement the same motion blur on the 360 so this will be a great challenge."

You can read the full interview with Harada in issue 44 of X360, out later this month.

http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/news/249/next-xbox-could-be-affected-by-tekken-6-tech

BhsTmiK7Q2M

Mr. X
03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Not surprising but I would have thought out of all the problems, graphics would be the last one for the 360.

shaolinsword
03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I still find this hard to believe considering Tekken doesn't actually look THAT good

Hollow Dartz
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Ps3 runs shit.

Tage
03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
^lol

when i first read this thread title i shitn myself i thought there was going to be a 'back' after "pushed"... that would have done my head in.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
According to its executive producer, Tekken 6's graphics approach the limit of what the Xbox 360 is capable of, and the beat-'em up's technology may affect development of the console's successor

BULLSHIT.

Of course he would say that, hes fucking trying to sell the game.

He has no idea what can be gotten out of the xbox.

People were getting more and mroe out of the ps2 right until the end.

PS3 however is just wack now, people are hanging onto a lost dream

xbox>ps3

easily.

ONLy THINg ps3 has over 360 is the free online service, that attracts cheap mf's like hollow dartz etc LOL its true

Tage
03-11-2009, 11:23 AM
^lol.... damn xbox fanboys talk alot of shit. it is written that the ps3 is the more powerful and spacious console, in terms of processing power and disk capacity.

dont trip!

Kingkazim
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
BULLSHIT.

Of course he would say that, hes fucking trying to sell the game.

He has no idea what can be gotten out of the xbox.

People were getting more and mroe out of the ps2 right until the end.

PS3 however is just wack now, people are hanging onto a lost dream

xbox>ps3

easily.

ONLy THINg ps3 has over 360 is the free online service, that attracts cheap mf's like hollow dartz etc LOL its true

you chat shit i would intimidate you if i knew you in person. i bet youre a pussy

theres no point helping brainwashed fuckfaces

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM
it is written that the ps3 is the more powerful and spacious console, in terms of processing power and disk capacity.

Yeah

but all that is totally useless if no one has figured out how to harness all that "power" that is supposedly has.

everyone says its too hard to program for. and the side by side comparisons of games like GTA have always looked better on 360

Mr. X
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
If you want to talk about specs, I can talk about specs.

The only things the 360 has over the PS3 and 512 MB of RAM and the better and bigger online service. The 360 used new technology when it first came out.

The PS3 came out later and Sony had used unavailable hardware in this system making future proof for a few years. Blu Ray was something Sony had developed and it boasts 4x the disk space of a DVD. Then you have the PS3 processor which no developer has fully figured out yet.

Tage
03-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah

but all that is totally useless if no one has figured out how to harness all that "power" that is supposedly has.

^but the thing is... they are. slowly releasing a gradually better game library. drake fortune, sick!...drakes fortune 2... FUCKING IMMENSE. etc..

that argument really isnt in microsofts favor.

RagnaroK
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
PS3 is coming back into the game fuckers and ghostplacenta can suck a nut with that weak argument

Killzone runs shit right now

didn't know Tekken 6 was officially for both platform thought it was just a rumor i hope is as good as Soul Caliber IV

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
killzone2, lol.

It was wack. generic. and wack. it looked good though.

way to go bringing up that game.

RagnaroK
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
have ever play it?
or have you even play any PS3 game?

Killzone2 ain't generic

ALCATRAZ
03-11-2009, 01:36 PM
hahahahaha how is freddy gonna defend this one

Mr. X
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Killzone 2 is an exhibition of want they can do right now with what they know of the PS3. Put aside gameplay cause that has nothing do with what the PS3. The visuals and environment and how many enemies on screen show off the PS3s processor power as well as the 32 person online multiplayer.

The PS3 is only hard to develop for because everyone is approaching it like last gen systems. The 360 is seriously just an update XBox and is easier to develope since it is familiar. Right now the majority of games are multiplatform so it doesn't really matter. Maybe in the next year or 2 will we see a wider gap between the consoles, when each console is better understood.

KZA
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
killzone is sonys answer to halo.. but it does look good. same with tekken 6 when the trailers dropped a while back.

its easier to make games on the 360 which is why most games that are multiplatform the 360 ends up having the better version because it can run at 60fps..

either way nintendos online sucks.

Paranoid
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Killzone 2 got great reviews I thought but I have not played it

As a 360 owner only I can say

PS3 is the better system graphics/hardware wise

But 360 has the better game library and will continue to

PS3 is starting to get more exclusives though

I don't take sides with consoles, they all have something to offer

I'd still like a PS3 for MGS4 but I can't afford one

BRONZBODY
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Killzone 2 got great reviews I thought but I have not played it

As a 360 owner only I can say

PS3 is the better system graphics/hardware wise

But 360 has the better game library and will continue to

PS3 is starting to get more exclusives though

I don't take sides with consoles, they all have something to offer

I'd still like a PS3 for MGS4 but I can't afford onenow this is an opinion i can respect son.

oDoUoSoKo
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Blu Ray > HDDVD

Mr. X
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
HD DVD lost the format wars. Blu Ray is the new one.

ALCATRAZ
03-12-2009, 02:04 AM
I can't afford one

IMO thats tha only thing holdin niggaz back from throwin their 360's out their window

Mr. X
03-12-2009, 02:29 AM
loll

Razorsharp
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Ps3 runs shit.

*chills in a bboy stance*

"...your moves are all whack, so whats up with that PUNK..."

:dududu:

PS3 > 360

ALCATRAZ
03-12-2009, 02:16 PM
ps3 > 360 all day

Tage
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
IMO thats tha only thing holdin niggaz back from throwin their 360's out their window

hahah... RROD aint enough? they know have GSOD (Green Screen of Death)

Kingkazim
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
PS3- GOD OF WAR, killzone2, uncharted 2. this year

360- halo wars (fucked up, failed), halo odst (da fuk is dis shit)

both are sick consoles, but when it comes to games ps3 run shit.

Sean
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Imo the 360 has better games, it's all about opinion. Personally I don't like most of those Japanese fantasy style PS3 exclusives but I like the 360 games like Gears of War and Halo.

And yeah the PS3 has better specifications on paper but I can't really see much of a noticeable difference when you compare the games. Like if you played the same game on 360 and PS3, you probably couldn't tell which is which

Mr. X
03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
There's no difference between multiplatform games because the developers would get a lot of shit from either company. 360 does pay for exclusive material though (see GTA downloadable content).

360 has a better library because it was out a year earlier and it's games are developed similar to last gen.

And, if you haven't noticed, 360 has more japanese style games. A few games that were PS3 only in Japan came here as multiplatform or 360 only. Battle Fantasia came 360 only stateside and is PS3 only in Japan. FF13 is PS3 only in Japan and multiplat in the states. Square has been releasing most of their RPGs on the 360 first or only on the 360 and some of these are big titles for RPGs such as Star Ocean: Last Hope and Last Remnant.

RagnaroK
03-14-2009, 02:54 PM
yes SquarEnix is sucking MicroSoft balls real hard i don't mind multiplatform but they haven't release any PS3 game yet and i heard rumors that Last Remnants could be scrap they are fucking up big time ignoring their fan base like that

Im about to play Lost Odyssey this game looks awesome this will do until something(RPG) good is release on PS3

Paranoid
03-14-2009, 06:33 PM
And, if you haven't noticed, 360 has more japanese style games. A few games that were PS3 only in Japan came here as multiplatform or 360 only. Battle Fantasia came 360 only stateside and is PS3 only in Japan. FF13 is PS3 only in Japan and multiplat in the states. Square has been releasing most of their RPGs on the 360 first or only on the 360 and some of these are big titles for RPGs such as Star Ocean: Last Hope and Last Remnant.

yup

My 360 works fine

You play the new GTA expansion yet? Oh right, you can't

yes SquarEnix is sucking MicroSoft balls real hard i don't mind multiplatform but they haven't release any PS3 game yet and i heard rumors that Last Remnants could be scrap they are fucking up big time ignoring their fan base like that

Im about to play Lost Odyssey this game looks awesome this will do until something(RPG) good is release on PS3

Lost Odyssey is a great game its just really easy

I beat the entire game (4 Discs) without dieing once

Mr. X
03-15-2009, 02:09 PM
I really want Last Remnant too :(

I think I read somewhere that Square had signed a deal with Microsoft to do some # of games or some crap. Fuck Micor$oft and their fuckloads of money!

Paranoid
03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
I really want Last Remnant too :(

I think I read somewhere that Square had signed a deal with Microsoft to do some # of games or some crap. Fuck Micor$oft and their fuckloads of money!

I'm pretty sure Last Remnant is coming to PS3 eventually

Professor Poopsnagle
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM
MY COCKKK PUSHED YO MOMMA TO THA LIMIT FAGGIT

WORD IS CUNT

faggit

Paranoid
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
^dieing for attention

TrueDciple
03-16-2009, 08:43 AM

Not in my case, i got both and my ps3 is just seating there. i hardly play it. My 360 its getting all the attention....for now.

Sean
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
There's no difference between multiplatform games because the developers would get a lot of shit from either company. 360 does pay for exclusive material though (see GTA downloadable content).

360 has a better library because it was out a year earlier and it's games are developed similar to last gen.

Well I don't follow those type of games at all so I wouldn't really know which platform has more. It's just that all the games that people mention when talking about PS3 don't appeal to me at all, and they usually sound like those Japanese fantasy type games

Mr. X
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't what PS3 heads you talk too, but I know a few who would love to hear that the PS3 is getting those.

There's like seriously 4 PS3 games I can think off the top my head that fit that criteria and maybe 8 360 games that do.

Sean
03-24-2009, 01:29 PM
^ lol I dunno, maybe I'm imagining it haha. Tell me what you think are the best ps3 exclusives

Mr. X
03-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm tempted to write MGS4 three times since that's the only exclusive I have.

Tage
03-24-2009, 01:57 PM
^ lol I dunno, maybe I'm imagining it haha. Tell me what you think are the best ps3 exclusives

hmmmm.... MGS4, Uncharted (#2 is going to own GearsOfWar), Little Big Planet(for the fags out there), Gran Turismo's, Resistance 1 & 2....

ALOT more.... hold on... (googles)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

^check it.

Twiztid-Wutang
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I still find this hard to believe considering Tekken doesn't actually look THAT good

EXACTLY. Their just trying to save face with the sony fanboys that were hurt that they lost their exclusive

Sean
03-24-2009, 06:19 PM
hmmmm.... MGS4, Uncharted (#2 is going to own GearsOfWar), Little Big Planet(for the fags out there), Gran Turismo's, Resistance 1 & 2....

ALOT more.... hold on... (googles)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

^check it.

hmm, none of those really appeal to me except maybe Uncharted, but I don't know anything about it.

It seems I'm outnumbered by PS3 owners here lol. But I'm not trying to argue or say Xbox is better, I just prefer it myself. If I had plenty of money then I'd probably buy a PS3 as well, but it's not really necessary to have both imo.

Mr. X
03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
It really isn't since every game seems to be multiplat now anyway.