PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans? $136k for a degree? Jesse got yo back.

Uncle Steezo
03-13-2009, 02:36 AM
Jesse Jackson's new movement is to get yall young bucks a break or at least a reduced interest rate on loans.

facts:
avg cost of private college: $136,000
avg cost of state college: $57,000
avg debt of graduate: $20,000
$600 billion US loan debt
Barack and Michelle Obama owed on Harvard student loans up until 2007

Jesse wants students to march and protest to lower rates and possibly forgive loans, since banks and even loan providers like Sallie Mae have been bailed out.

did you know...

if you default on your student loan and get hit by a car landing you in a wheelchair, your disability will be garnished.

bankruptcy laws do not protect you from student federal loans.

pell grants are actually overspill from student loan interest.

I will be paying for tuition in less than 3 yrs so i'm all for this movement.

TSA
03-13-2009, 09:42 AM
i support. is there a link 4 details?

Charles Barry
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Student loans suck. If I could do it over again I would've just worked, took classes part time, and paid as I went.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Tertiary education in this country used to be completely free.

Consequently, those making decisions to increase fees constantly here, most likely studied for free.

It's great.

L~>1<~NKS
03-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Fuck all that

Among a buffet of shit - this country needs a complete redesign of the educational system

I don't give a shit about "presitgious" schools - that's just more propaganda to keep them up there and us down here... nigga Im getting a hell of a fuckin education at University of Phoenix for less then half the price a degree would cost at Harvard, MIT, or any one of those "prestigious schools.

There are country's were education is free

And I hate to mention Cuba cuz it's under a communist regime - but they get free education and free med...all you gotta do is ride raul castro's dick and live in shit... in some cases literally - thats the propaganda.

Problem is once you get your doctorate in Cuba and if you come to the US... good chance your degree is only good for wiping your ass.

Fuck Loans

Fuck Banks

Abolish the monetary system, the fed, the world bank, the IMF

try that JESSE J

Until then werk and pay for your own shit... they've undermined us as human beings for too long - we have the internet, we have the technology, we have hip hop.... people need to wak the fuck up and stop depending on other institutions to "ease" their lives...

the shit is unneccesary.