PDA

View Full Version : GZA - Liquid Swords

lucky arms
09-10-2005, 03:27 PM
http://www.wutangcorp.com/images/covers/liquidswords.jpg
GZA - LIQUID SOWRDS

This album is a classic and Gza is one of the great mc's of all time this album proves it.

num2son
09-10-2005, 04:23 PM
This album is a classic and Gza is one of the great mc's of all time this album proves it.
Co-sign

deadlymelody
09-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Dont we need an album and a track listing? Also, it's Liquid Swords, not Liguid.

But I will post my full review soon........

Dante
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
1. Liquid Swords (5)
2. Duel of the Iron Mic w/ Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, and Ol' Dirty Bastard (5)
3. Living in the World Today (5)
4. Gold (5)
5. Cold World w/ Inspectah Deck (5)
6. Labels (5)
7. 4th Chamber w/ Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest, and The RZA (5)
8. Shadowboxin' w/ Method Man (5)
9. Killah Hills 10304 (5)
10. Investigative Reports w/ U-God, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah (5)
11. Swordsman (5)
12. I Gotcha Back (5)
13. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (Killah Priest) (5)

5/5 classic album...The perfect album if you ask me

Bedlam
09-10-2005, 10:09 PM
i got nothing better to do, so i'll bless yall with a full review later tonight.

Rebel_INS
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
1.Liquid Swords - 5/5
2.Duel Of The Iron Mic - 5/5
3.Living In The World Today - 5/5
4.Gold - 5/5
5.Cold World - 5/5
6.Labels - 5/5
7.4th Chamber - 5/5
8.Shadowboxin - 5/5
9.Hells Wind Staff/Killah Hills 10304 - 5/5
10.Investigative Reports - 5/5
11.Swordsman - 5/5
12.I Gotcha Back - 5/5
13.B.I.B.L.E - 5/5

Only one thing to say about this album, that its a classic hands down. GZA's lyrics are crazy, and the production cant get any better at all.

Jinemon
09-12-2005, 05:08 AM
yeaah, don't have to shake your ass to shit right (french expression...) it's a 5/5

pablobaluba
09-12-2005, 05:14 AM
1. Liquid Swords (5)
2. Duel of the Iron Mic w/ Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, and Ol' Dirty Bastard (5)
4. Gold (5)
6. Labels (5)
11. Swordsman (5)
12. I Gotcha Back (5)

co sign....perfect

lucky arms
09-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Dont we need an album and a track listing? Also, it's Liquid Swords, not Liguid.

But I will post my full review soon........
Cant spell to save my life so sue me.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-13-2005, 07:49 AM
seriously, nearly the best album ive ever heard up there with illmatic, 36 chambers and other classics.

10/10

MastaMind
09-13-2005, 07:52 AM
The Definition Of A Perfect Hip Hop Album.

Insane Wanderer
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Swordsman is fantastic. I had goosebumps when I first heard that song.

pussy-with-teeth
09-13-2005, 01:16 PM
1. Liquid Swords (3.5
3. Living in the World Today (4
4. Gold (5)
6. Labels (5)
9. Killah Hills 10304 (4
10. Investigative Reports w/ U-God, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah (4.5
11. Swordsman (4
12. I Gotcha Back (5)

i give it a 4.5

Wu-Tality
09-13-2005, 02:15 PM

snapple
09-13-2005, 06:26 PM
album is flawless. GZA is by far the best MC lyrically from this album alone...one of the greatest hiphop albums ever made.

deadlymelody
09-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Ok well here goes my full review.

I wasn't very old when Liquid Swords came out, but I can imagine there was a lot of hype about this album when it came out. The GZA was crazy on 36 Chambers, so people knew this album would be great, as it had almost full RZA production. Here's the review of his 2nd solo.

Liquid Swords-5/5-Ok, first off, this is one of the great intros to an album. A minute and a half clip from Shogun Assassin, and it's a classic. For a while after I had this album, I didn't feel the song that much. The beat wasn't that great to me. After a few listens, I love this track and now after tons of times, it's a great track. As you will often hear in this review, the GZA's wordplay is perfect. He drops some crazy punchlines in this song. Great chorus too. Listen, you can do a chorus but please, please make sure you do it well.

Duel of the Iron Mic-5/5-Another great intro to a song. I love the "I agree." Oh man RZA drops a crazy beat, with a great piano loop. Ol Dirty does a little part of this song, which makes it perfect. Man GZA is way too ill on this song. Once again, perfect worldplay. Not one line is wasted. Masta Killa drops a great verse. This is not an 85 affair, made clear, when the gods get out to perform storms blew up. Great verse followed by another one by Inspectah Deck. This is a classic song in hip hop.

Living in the World Today-5/5-There is something about the intro beat that is absolutely stunning. Wow RZA should have used this beat for another song, it's just so damn hard and gets me so fucking hyped. I will say this again, but GZA has perfect wordplay on this song. The beat is just out of this fucking world. The attacking bassline, and the horn that come in once in a while. This beat is just amazing. GZA has such perfect flow "Now who could ever say they heard of this? My motherfucking style is mad murderous."

Gold-5/5-Another absolutely crazy beat. RZA has dropped 4 classic beats already on this album. Method starts out the track nicely although he didn't drop a verse, why the hell didn't he? GZA tells a great story. Good chorus again.

Cold World-5/5-One of the better beats on the album. The beat tells a story, which few producers have the talent enough to do. Another story type GZA verse, which is once again, flawless. INS drops an equally great verse. "No time to freeze, undercovers ease up in Grand Prix, and seaze, packages and pocket the currency. Great verses by both and a classic beat make this a classic verse. I even listen to the last minute and half of the song to hear the beat, it's that good.

Labels-5/5- Oh man this is murderous GZA. He just destroys this track. I love the beat too, it's reasonably simple, but it's got weird noises in it which a lot of the tracks have in this album. I cannot express how incredible GZA in this song. He uses record companys to rhyme with and it sounds like he didn't use any effort at all. I don't think any other MC ever can do this as well as the GZA can. Rza Razor Rza sharp I love that part.

4th Chamber-5/5-One of the weirdest and best beats you will ever hear. I don't think any other producer can make a track like this one. What's even better is the Ghostface Killah spits one of his best ever. These guys are all geniouses, every one of them. Killah Priest is crazy on this song too. " I judge wisely, as if nothing ever surprise me." Wow RZA is a true great MC with a verse like this. A perfect blend of flow with an alert voice. His flow and voice matches the way the verse is set up. It's one of his finest verses ever. The best way to end a song is to GZA on it haha. Well guess what, GZA drops another classic verse. "I got mouths to feed, unecessary beef is more cows to breed." Holy shit! 4 great to classic verses with one of the craziest beats ever. Hip hop at it's finest.

Shadowboxing-5/5-A sampled song, this sounds pretty Cuban Linx to me. It's a great beat, and the Method Man still amazes me with is unique wordplay and always calmness on the mic. Method drops a crazy verse but to me the song really picks up at the beginning of GZA's verse. The beat seems to speed up a bit, it's chaotic. "I slayed MC's back in the rec room era, my style broke motherfucking backs like Ken Patera." That's a real quick line you have to go back about 3 times to really catch but you realize that the guy is a flat out genious haha. Classic shit.

Killah Hills 10304-5/5-Hey look they're using there Cuban Linx aliases that's dope. The intro is good, it fits in with the song good. The beat is great again. GZA tells a story about a drug cartel I think if I can remember correctly. This is probably the half way point in my favorite songs on the album, but it's a great track no doubt. I thought there was going to be another member on this song the first time I heard it, with the intro and everything.

Ivestigative Reports-5/5-I love the chorus, U-God does it damn perfectly. Raekwon was one of the best ever in this period of time with Cuban Linx coming out, and he has a great verse here. GZA has another great verse, with perfect wordplay. Ghostface has a good verse as well, but I don't like him as much on this song as I did on 4th Chamber.

Swordsman-5/5-One of the best beats of all time. No one at this time could make a beat like RZA could. So many weird things going on makes the beat perfect. GZA has another great verses. This song is surreal to me. I think RZA stole it with the beat alone.

I Gotcha Back-5/5- Oh man this song will get you fucking hyped. One of the best choruses out there with the "I gotcha back so you best to watch ya front. It's the niggaz who front, they be pulling stunts." The beat is great as well, a real attacking type beat. "I could wrote a book age 12 and going through hell." I love the sample at the end " but to have it happen to you is, ridiculous"

B.I.B.L.E.-5/5- Hmmmm no GZA on this song? It's a Killah Priest solo which is weird but Ghost did it on Cuban Linx. Plus, when the song is so dope that it doesn't even matter, then it doesn't even matter. A great way to end the album. 4th Disciple what can I say, I think he's one of the greatest producers alive. A true legend to me.

I guess I rated this album perfect, which it might be. No real noticable flaws at all. A productional gem, and lyrically you will not get much better than this.

75/75

Bedlam
09-13-2005, 07:40 PM
1.) Liquid Swords - 10/10
Grimey shit from RZA, and the 2 verses by GZA are among the best of all time, especially the 2nd one. I love the intro too, sets the mood perfectly
Best quote - "Lyrics are weak, like clock radio speakers" <-- sickest shit ever.

2.) Duel of the Iron Mic - 11/10
Maybe the best hip hop song of all time. The 3 best lyricists in the Wu-Tang all bring their top game, ODB's hook is perfect. The piano by RZA is so fucking menacing.
Best quote - "They can't breathe, blood splash, rushin fast
like runnin rivers, I be that whiskey in your liver"

3.) Living in the World Today - 10/10
Sick bassline by RZA, and GZA absolutley murders it. The streak he goes on towards the end of the 2nd verse is unrivaled. I love how Meth cuts in the track too
Best Quote - "I'm just swingin swords strictly based on keyboards,
Unbalanced like elephants and ants on see-saws"

4.) Gold - 10/10
RZA at his most dusted, the instrumental is so unique and perfect for what GZA's talkin bout in the song.
Best Quote - "He got swung on, his lungs was torn,
the kingpin just castled with his rook and lost a pawn"

5.) Cold World - 10/10
The two best lyricists in the Clan just flowing perfectly. RZA's instrumental is less grimey than the other ones, but still perfect for GZA's and Deck's stories. Life's hook is great too.
Best Quote - "You witness the saga, casualties and drama
Life is a script, I'm not a actor but the author"

6.) Labels - 10/10
GZA's first concept song, and its perfect. He uses the rap labels so well that many people (including myself) don't even recognize he's doing it upon first listen. The beat is so hardcore.
Best Quote - "The CAPITOL of this rugged slang, is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpredictable Talent And Natural Game"

7.) 4th Chamber 11/10
Holy shit, RZA's instrumental here is so fuckin ill, I cant even describe it. All 4 MC's deliver some of their best verses ever. I can't pick my favorite verse, and picking my favorite quote is like picking my favorite child.
Best Quote - "Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet?
Why did Judas, rat to Romans while Jesus slept?"

8.) Shadowboxin' - 10/10
Meth actually steps his game up to GZA's level, which is nearly impossible on Liquid Swords. This is the start of the chipmunk samples, but it sounds so ill here.
Best Quote - "Amplified sample through vacumn tubes compressions,
cause RZA, to charge niggaz twenty G's a session"

9.) Killah Hills 10304 - 10/10
Classic skit at the beginning, GZA's kills it with his drug dealing story. RZA comes with some sick shit as usual.
Best Quote - "First rule, anyone who schemes on the gold in Syria,
I want they small intestines ripped from out the interior"

10.) Investigative Reports - 10/10
Rae, Ghost and GZA all come with classic Wu shit. RZA's beat isn't quite up to par with the other ones, but of course doesnt mean it's even close to bad. U-God does a nice hook.
Best Quote - "Leavin mad scars on those,
Who are found bound, gagged and shot when they blast the spot,
Victims took off like astronauts"

11.) Swordsman - 10/10
Maybe the grimiest, dirtiest beat of all time. Those drums are insane. GZA kicks his usual knowledge.
Best Quote - "Purified gases and masses,
the same elements that helped spark civilization classes"

12.) I Gotcha Back - 10/10
The final GZA song on the album. GZA tells about his childhood, and how hard it was. A perfect ending for GZA, dope kung-fu sample at the end.
Best Quote - "What is the meaning of CRIME?
Is it Criminals Robbin Innocent Motherfuckers Everytime?"

13.) B.I.B.L.E. - 10/10
Killah Priest's solo definatly does not bring the album down at all, its unbelievable. His rhyme schemes are just fuckin insane. 4th Disciple produced a true classic
Best Quote - "Son, life is a pool of sin, corrupted wth foolish men,
and women with wicked minds, who build picket signs,
to legalize abortion, the evil eye distortion"

Overall 132/130, 3rd Best hip-hop album of all time (36 Chambers and Illmatic). GZA's lyricism here is paralled only by Nas on Illmatic. Only OB4CL tops this production wise. One of the very few albums to have all 10/10 songs. Perfect.

Johnny Dust
09-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Great reviews, Deadly & INS!

Mark
09-14-2005, 04:18 AM
1. Liquid Swords 4/5
2. Duel of the Iron Mic w/ Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, and Ol' Dirty Bastard 4/5
3. Living in the World Today 3.5/5
4. Gold 3.5/5
5. Cold World w/ Inspectah Deck 3.5/5
6. Labels 5/5
7. 4th Chamber w/ Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest, and The RZA 5/5
8. Shadowboxin' w/ Method Man 4.5/5
9. Killah Hills 10304 5/5
10. Investigative Reports w/ U-God, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah 3.5/5
11. Swordsman 3/5
12. I Gotcha Back 3/5
13. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (Killah Priest) 5/5

Overall 4/5 Fucking dope cd.

wampus
09-14-2005, 04:40 AM
I think SWORDSMAN is much underrated, this song is amazing! pure wu-tang style beat, and gza spitts knowledge in the entire song, the second verse is iillll !

We were on the same ship
When the slaves were checked
I had to pull your card
You was on the top deck
So I plotted my escape
I saw the thin line between love and hate....................................
And fast from the hog on the plate
I suffered brutal pains
From whips and chains
Punishments that were set
To wash the brain

Orion Nebulus
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
"Liquid Swords" is a trully awesome album. From begining to end...its lyrical mastery!!!! It came out around fall or winter...perfect timing in what seemed like a dark album. Gza is just that...the Genius. There are so many classic songs..."Duel of the Iron Mic"...."Cold World"..."4th Chamber".."Shadowboxin" to name a few. Now everyone says that track 11 is "swordsman"....I always thought it was "unexplained"...I mean its a very dark and weird track so whatever.

Luther Large
09-14-2005, 12:20 PM
definitley in my top 10 albums ever...not just rap...any music...this album is unbelievable...every track is raw and worth listening to

Bedlam
09-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Great reviews, Deadly & INS!
thanks man

tajeco
09-15-2005, 05:21 PM
However much you like this cd, you will like it more if you see "Shogun Assassin", you'll realize even more how great RZA's production is. "that was the night everything changed...bad dreams are only dreams...submit with honor to a duel with my son...but to have it happen to my own neck, is ridiculous"

Koolish
09-15-2005, 05:34 PM
seriously, nearly the best album ive ever heard up there with illmatic, 36 chambers and other classics.

10/10exactly, it gets better every time i hear it.

*and yeah, the duel of the iron mic kung fu sample at the end gives me fucking chills every time, it's freaking sick.
________
KENOSHA ENGINE (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Kenosha_Engine)

Johnny Dust
09-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I LOVE the way the kung fu samples at the beginning and the end blend with the beat on "Duel o/t iron mic!"

*jerks off*

tajeco
09-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Can you please fix the heading, and underneath the album cover pic also. LIQUID SWORDS.

Shaolin Warrior
09-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Great reviews, Deadly & INS!Word. I must admit, for some reason, when I got this CD, at first I was only feeling a few songs. But after a few repeated listens, one day everything clicked, just like that. This is in my top 3 fav albums now, along with Enter The 36 Chambers, and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. This CD also has my fav beats ever. RZA truly outdid himself with the beats here. And GZA and every MC here has some of the dopest rhymes ever in the history of mankind. A truly unbelievable CD.

fivefingersofdeath
09-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I love "4th Chamber" This in my opinion is the best solo album from the Tang.

Weird Fact: In "The 40-Year old virgin" one of the guys is wearing a t-shirt with the cover of the Liquid Swords album.

the insignificant
09-16-2005, 10:53 PM
my favourite album...

liquid swords - 4.5/5... perfect song to ease you into the album... love the way gza enters the track mid loop...
duel of the iron mic - 4.5/5... brilliant... one of gza's best verses... great support by mk and ins as well...
living in the world today - 4.5/5... lyrics are unbelievable...
gold - 5/5... hard hitting beat, well told narrative... awesome...
cold world - 4/5... don't like the chorus and the beat lacks a little... verses are awesome, especially ins...
labels - 4.5/5... great beat, great verses, very original concept...
4th chamber - 4.5/5... beat is timeless... four great verses, especially by rza...
shadowboxin - 5/5... my favourite song on the album... if only it had another gza verse...
killah hills 10304 - 5/5... an example of a perfect song...
swordsman 4.5/5 - lyrically underrated...
investigative reports - 4.5/5... producer, guests and host all do their jobs here...
i gotcha back - 5/5... another example of a perfect song...
bible - 4.5/5... really a bonus track, but what a bonus track to have...

Frank Drebin
09-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Best album ever. This is Hip Hop at its finest. Lyrically the Gza is at his best and he is the greatest wordsmith in Hip Hop. The production is untouchable. 10/10 if i could rate it higher I would

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
09-24-2005, 02:16 PM
tied for best wit 36 chambers and ironman

ITZtheGHOST!
09-24-2005, 05:13 PM
This is the CD that got me into Wu Tang. I got it from a friend and once I started listening to it, I was hooked. Killah Hillz 10304 is my favorite. I think GZA's got the sickest voice out of all of the Wu Tang though. Plus, I love the way he says Clan in Da Front. :D

Saviorself
09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
First Wu-Solo I purchased. Dope from start to finish. Best first three opening songs on any album. Not too many guest appearances, but still a wu-banga. Shadowboxing includes method man's best delivered lyrics. Better than Cuban Linx. On top of all of that , we get Killah Priest debut.

"Amplified samples through vacumn tubes compressions
cause RZA, to charge niggaz twenty G's a session."

pablobaluba
09-28-2005, 01:05 PM
I think SWORDSMAN is much underrated, this song is amazing! pure wu-tang style beat, and gza spitts knowledge in the entire song, the second verse is iillll !

We were on the same ship
When the slaves were checked
I had to pull your card
You was on the top deck
So I plotted my escape
I saw the thin line between love and hate....................................
And fast from the hog on the plate
I suffered brutal pains
From whips and chains
Punishments that were set
To wash the brain
yeah...co sign...i'm dissapointed by the notes users gave to this track
it's definately 10/10

Ironman Starks
10-01-2005, 12:53 AM
"when a nigga steps out his place
and gets slapped in his motherfuckin face
just cause the nigga tried to base
with the G O D the G O D"

shit is fire

Kool P Shook
10-09-2005, 02:11 AM
"Liquid Swords":EVERY REAL RAP FAN MUST KNOW THIS ALBUM.
We return to 1995,a golden year for the Wu cuz come out "Return To The 36 Chambers" of ODB (r.i.p.),a crazy album!,and "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..." of Raekwon The Chef,first example of mafia-rap.But...the most interesting MC of the group,GZA/Genius,shits a great album where shaolin culture comes back. This is "Liquid Swords",for someone THE Wu-Tang Album.Yes,because there is entire Wu-Tang on this royal cd,from ODB to Masta Killa.Beats are produced,naturally,by The RZA that shows his dark side creating dark and doped instrumentals like "4th Chamber".This is typical Wu-Tang Style,the same style of "Enter The Wu-Tang 36 Chambers".Another classic.Wu-Tang saga continues...
10/10

braindamage702
11-12-2005, 07:14 PM
i dont have to say shit about this piece
10/10
still listen to it til this day

DJ Daywhea
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Investigative reports is my favorite song on the album, GZA's verse is fire

Callin all cars, callin all cars! ghetto
Psychos, armed and dangerous, leavin mad scars on those
Who are found bound, gagged and shot when they blast the spot
Victims took off like astronauts
Get with this, even your best canít
Come on down, youíre the next contestant!
Get your pockets dug from all your chemical bank-ins
Caught him at the red light - on putnam avenue and franklin
They used to heat up the cipher with a shot that was hyper
Than your average jfk sniper
He just came home to spark it
Rolling like kaufman, and lay that ass out like carpet
Stop the stuttering boy, save the planes for the five-oh
Then praise the God - chk-a-chk pow!
They be lick shots and premeditate to grab...
...and then they jet back to the lab
And then remain in shaolin
An endangered island
Shorties lose blood by the gallon

IRAN
02-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Its my favourite Wu album, almost perfect if it wasn't for B.I.B.L.E - I just dont feel this track, its the only one I skip.

deadlymelody
02-03-2006, 11:47 PM
I would write a thorough review of this album, but i'd run out of adjectives for great.

This should be in everyone's top 5. I think some people just don't understand GZA's true greatness. Too complex for some.

THE W
02-06-2006, 09:25 PM
FLAWLESS VICTORY

an impeccable work. my second favorite album behind cuban linx.

10.5/10

4-Bar Killer
02-07-2006, 08:42 AM
10/10. in my top 3.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-08-2006, 06:34 PM
1. Liquid Swords (5)
4. Gold (5)
6. Labels (5)
11. Swordsman (5)
12. I Gotcha Back (5)

NIGGAZ HAD THERE SWORDS REAL SHARP ON THIS PLATE MAN THIS SHIT IS FISHSCALE

GENERAL WISE
02-09-2006, 12:26 AM
The album is the only flawless lp off Wu-tang imo
FLAWLESS means i have absolutely nothing to complain about it
one reason its not the best Wu Lp is because it lacks crazy tracks like CREAM though Iron mic comes close
100%

Wongo921
03-02-2006, 08:19 PM
I have nothing to add. GZA is a true poet. One of the best albums I have heard in my entire life.

THE W
05-26-2006, 10:44 AM
poll for liquid swords

Longbongcilvaringz
05-26-2006, 10:48 AM
*waits for pwt to give LS a "wack"*

Leo Angel
05-26-2006, 11:24 AM
10/10, one of the best albums of all time (the best skits of all time for sure). My favourite song is Living In The World Today (11/10), but we've got plenty other classics here: Shadowboxin', Duel Of Iron Mic, Investigative Reports, Swordsman, Cold World or B.I.B.L.E. Beats is a Wu masterpiece, but lyrics are even better. GZA is top three MC of all time and other Wu members spit fire on this too. Thanks to LS I got familiar with Killah Priest:king: , hell yeah...

ironwizard
05-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Classic, and more than that. This album rivals "Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers" as my favorite album of all time.

TAURO
05-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Very few albums can stand up to this, for me this is a landmark for wu and Gza, when I play this album im taken to some raw state of mind, one of my all time favourate albums of any musical genre not just hip hop.

TAURO
05-29-2006, 12:19 AM
10/10, one of the best albums of all time (the best skits of all time for sure). My favourite song is Living In The World Today (11/10)

For real thats my favourate joint too.

Da Dishonourable Don
06-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Illest Wu solo-artist album most def. Rza's productions were at peak level and Gza was all up in the ear-piece pleasing the brain! Illest album in all time!

wampus
06-06-2006, 04:42 PM
if this album is not a classic, classic albums don't exist

tancen
06-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Its a good album but i think 50 cents get rich or die trying is way better. GZA cant compete with him lyrically

WuBaller
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Its a good album but i think 50 cents get rich or die trying is way better. GZA cant compete with him lyrically

u healthy?

tancen
06-09-2006, 02:49 PM
hehe i was joking.... lol

tacle
06-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Classic Shit, a dark album!

tancen
06-10-2006, 12:10 PM
^lol

deadlymelody
06-10-2006, 03:32 PM
^
yeah that's pretty funny

cap
06-10-2006, 08:53 PM
one of the goat albums of all time.
10/10 without hesitating a split second.

CLASSIC SHIT!!

tacle
06-11-2006, 11:24 AM
A murky album, sick shit.

Seborth
06-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Sure it's classic!!! I dunno why GZA is so underrated... 9/10 Liquid Swords

BoSaNCeRoS
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
GZA blessed us with a classic with breath-taking production by the RZA. This is a must have for a fan of the Wu and the occasional Hip-Hop fan.

Grongle
06-21-2006, 12:29 PM
^O^ 10/10 Classic Album !!! ^O^

pussy-with-teeth
06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
let me break it down

rza production is overrated on THIS album.. i love his work on cuban linx but ...ls..i aint feelin it..there are maybe 5 beats on this album iam not feeling..they are like a 2 outa 5

gza and all the members spit ill lyrics but thats just when it stops...many songs on the album sound unfinished, there is a final touch missing...i do love some tracks like gold and duel of the iron mic but i also dislike alot of songs that get praised on here like liquid swords, i gotcha back, swordsman...and 4th chamber is a good lyrical track but its just to out of this world sound...the beat is kinda weak and ghost sounds wack with his fucked up voice...i love how ghost sounds on sc tracks like one or apollo kids ..thats when his voice gets my hyped but on 4th chamber hes annoying

the album ...i voted wack

Alcryt
07-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Theres no way in hell is this album wack, one of the best albums of all time imo.
Calling it should be a crime :mmmyah:

famenchuan
07-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Theres no way in hell is this album wack, one of the best albums of all time imo.
Calling it should be a crime :mmmyah:

Agree 100%

deadlymelody
07-06-2006, 02:29 PM
pussy with teeth's review is retarded

tacle
07-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Liquid Swords

Very murky, but Tical was pretty dark yo, probably darka.

wampus
07-06-2006, 03:10 PM
liquid swords is the perfect wu album because rza in on top the perfect fusion of tical and cuban linx

Luther Large
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Liquid Swords

Very murky, but Tical was pretty dark yo, probably darka.

nah son for the wu it dont get much darker than liquid swords

tacle
07-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Yea i guess it's darka than Tical, but Tical had that more dark feelin' to it, plus one of the most gutter beats on there.

Tical

MNice90
07-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Any one who wants to be a rapper, this is a must listen, period.

PLO-Stylez
07-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Classic no doubt
Also pussy with teeth should kill himself for voting wack

Dante
07-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Tical was also very dark, but we all know Meth has a bit of humor in his raps, while GZA is always serious, plus i'd say he sounds more intimidating than Meth (to me at least). So i agree Liquid Swords is Wu's darkest album

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-15-2006, 10:03 PM
classic album. The way everything is crafted...the soundscape, the lyrics, everything is perfect. one of the greatest albums ever made, PERIOD

EVEN FLOW
07-16-2006, 03:15 PM
I love this CD but thereis one thing that bothers me. The Chorus in cold World pisses me off. It is so annoying. It really hurts my fucking ears. It's still hot though because of the beat and GZA's daggers.

deadlymelody
07-16-2006, 04:37 PM
^
Haha I can see that, even though I don't really have a problem with it. Great track most definately. Inspectah Deck ripped it.

WuTangMaster
11-03-2006, 06:59 AM
I just got this album a few days ago and I LOVE IT. It is VERY GOOD, a classic w/o a doubt!!

Pelle
11-04-2006, 08:45 AM
This album is a classic, and one of the best Wu-Tang solo albums, and I got nothing more to say. 5/5 on every track!

the silencer
11-04-2006, 11:40 AM
i think its arguably the best Wu-Tang album....

all classic Rza beats and Gza who may be the best lyrical member tearin up every track...and theres dope features like Killah Priest, Rza, Ghost, Meth, Masta Killa

and all those cool samples...

this shit is CLASSICCCC

RZArector_mnt
11-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Liquid Swords - the perfect album for me.
10/10

Negative Plethora
11-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Classic.
At times, it holds my number 1 spot.

jony wu tang
11-09-2006, 05:44 AM
the gza,the finnest mc on the planet,liquid swords,the best album out there,best lyrics,beats the lot.is there anything out there to beat this or the genius

deadlymelody
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Classic.
At times, it holds my number 1 spot.

Same with me. It'll ALWAYS be a top 5 album, and sometimes I think this is the best ever. Sometimes I think it's the best produced album ever. Doesn't matter, this is as good as hip hop gets.

Sergeio24
11-17-2006, 12:47 PM
the gza,the finnest mc on the planet,liquid swords,the best album out there,best lyrics,beats the lot.is there anything out there to beat this or the genius

well said

One and Only
11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Easily one of the best albums ever

Favorite songs are:

Labels - The way he starts off the song with "Tommy ain't my mother fuckin' boy" just gets me everytime!

Killah Hills 10304 - Beat is to sick the intro is great and the lyrics are amazing. From the popping the cork top to rushing the guy when he was coming through US Customs.

I Gotcha Back - The beat is sick the chorus is one of the main reasons I love this song. But then you got the great lyrics such as when he talks about he could have wrote a book age 12 and going through hell.

Investigative Reports - Beat is amazing and U God kills the chorus it's very addictive all the people come through great

Cold World - The beat, chorus, verses are sick. Beat is just amazing and GZAs verse is mind blowing to me. Just love listening to this track.

4th Chamber - "I judge wisely as if nothing ever surprise me" "Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Judas, rat to Romans while Jesus slept?" Okay then that's all I should have to say. Dope verses and the beat is great. The intro is great and then when the beat starts to kick in WOW.

I'm gonna end up naming all the songs I see. I always do this! It's hard to choose a favorite on this album. All the songs are amazing and it's truley a classic right down to the cover art. I think I should come back and drop a whole review later.

hectis
12-27-2006, 04:48 PM
This Is Fucken Wack I Voted Classic And It Some How Put Mediocre This Is My Favorite Album Besides 36chambers If A Mod Can Change It Then Change My Vote To Classic

RZArector_mnt
12-29-2006, 05:19 AM
1. Liquid Swords - 5/5
2. Duel Of The Iron Mic - 4.7/5
3. Living In The World Today - 4/5
4. Gold - 3.5/5
5. Cold World - 4.2/5
6. Labels - 4.5/5
7. 4th Chamber - 5/5
8. Shadowboxin - 5/5
9. Hells Wind Staff/Killah Hills 10304 - 4.8/5
10. Investigative Reports - 4.5/5
11. Swordsman - 3.5/5
12. I Gotcha Back - 4.5/5
13. B.I.B.L.E - 5/5

This album is CLASSIC. One of the best Wu relases.

deadlymelody
12-29-2006, 12:39 PM
^
Wow that's a bad review for Liquid Swords. Every track is like 5/5 for me.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
01-07-2007, 10:20 PM
GZA - LIQUID SOWRDS

The Truth

GENERAL WISE
01-08-2007, 02:22 AM
again vote whack because this shouldnt even be a poll.

its a universal hip hop classic

ukarema
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
this shit is retarded, this album is already toted as one fo the best hip hop albums ever. Also one of the best albums period of ANY music genre. There's no debating on this album is nothing less then a classic.

Battle 1
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
GZA - LIQUID SWORDS

Very True.

However much you like this cd, you will like it more if you see "Shogun Assassin", you'll realize even more how great RZA's production is. "that was the night everything changed...bad dreams are only dreams...submit with honor to a duel with my son...but to have it happen to my own neck, is ridiculous"

I agree with you 100%. I was just saying the same exact thing. I made a thread about it like yesterday and it is still up in the Wu-Tang Chamber of the forum. Added a clip of the samples from the flick even. It will definetly give more insight into where they coming from with this album if you peep that flick where they got those samples from no doubt about it, 'Shogun Assassin'.

MX1
01-20-2007, 06:10 PM
its straight up a classic...it cant be nuthin else, i agree its up to par wit any other classic album of any other genre...definately one of the best CD's of ALL time

Mista JpKoff
01-23-2007, 06:12 AM
weird to see nobody came up with a complete review that's not "track-by-track"...
quite useless poll if you ask me, everybody agrees on LS' status

Fayth
02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Classic

pablobaluba
02-14-2007, 04:41 AM
wow...just passing by...what a rating....:)
cool...it's sad that there are people like pussy with teeth on this world

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-02-2007, 03:13 AM
The album is the only flawless lp off Wu-tang imo
FLAWLESS means i have absolutely nothing to complain about it
one reason its not the best Wu Lp is because it lacks crazy tracks like CREAM though Iron mic comes close
100%

it has cold world, if you dont get the message of this song, then i cant help you...another deep track is swordsman

this album is better than Enter the 36 Chambers...that, my friends, is a fact

Esquire
03-02-2007, 03:38 AM
GgGgGgGeEeEnNnNiUs, not a day goe's by that i don't listen to this album, masterful sh*t.

Leo Angel
03-02-2007, 09:30 AM
this album is better than Enter the 36 Chambers...that, my friends, is a fact

a fact? stop bitching! LS is one of the best albums in the history of hip-hop, but 36 Chambers IS THE BEST, so get a life...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-03-2007, 06:43 AM
a fact? stop bitching! LS is one of the best albums in the history of hip-hop, but 36 Chambers IS THE BEST, so get a life...

haha, than u can get a life too..for me its a fact that this is the best hip-hop album ever...36 Chambers made a bigger impact, no doubt...but when talking about quality of all things combined on the album, its just...best album ever...

LOL @ your comment about me getting a life :) some of you are such smartasses here (I'm not looking for a fight or whatever, just please, be more polite:))

WuGambino
03-03-2007, 07:49 AM
this album is better than Enter the 36 Chambers...that, my friends, is a factJust because it's your opinion does not make it fact.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Just because it's your opinion does not make it fact.

sorry, i overreacted...:)

Lajm
03-04-2007, 04:56 AM
Classic, no need for a poll.

TheNewMoses
03-11-2007, 05:01 AM
come on. this is a no brainer. Greatest album of all time. hands down.

duotone
03-25-2007, 07:02 AM
what the fuck.... who gives that album 1 point....????
this shit is the best fuckin' wu album i've ever heard....
it's genius production....
it's genius lyrics....
it's the love of 2 cousins.... they are great together....

i would give six of 5 points (6/5) if its possible....

peace

ThaGoldenChild07
03-28-2007, 05:35 PM
2 words..."Shadow Boxing"...5/5

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-29-2007, 09:05 AM
come on. this is a no brainer. Greatest album of all time. hands down.

yeah

((((A:I))))
04-01-2007, 12:25 PM
So dope. So, so, so dope.

But, the beats carry it.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2007, 12:45 PM
^ ha, not one of the wu stronger lyrical albums then?, in your opinion.

Dante
04-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Both lyrically, and production wise, every single track is a classic. From the rapping to the name of the album to the cover, album is just perfect.

My favorite album ever.

beautifulrock
04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
1. Liquid Swords (5)
4. Gold (4)
6. Labels (5)
11. Swordsman (5)
12. I Gotcha Back (5)
13. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (Killah Priest) (4)
63/65 4.9 out of 5 classic

((((A:I))))
04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Lyrically, it's a collection of strong lines. Beats carry it.

the Swordsmen
04-07-2007, 02:00 PM
The best Wu-Tang solo album put out, the best samples were put into this album. Gza'z lyrics along side with Rza production must be something that the world should here, and never forget because Wu-Tang is here forever!!! rip odb

abasi
04-12-2007, 08:26 AM
classic

Fresh Breath
04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Classic album, one of the first wu tang solo albums i eva bought an i been hucked eva since!!!

5/5

liquid_1_
05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Liquid Swords - 10/10 fuckn love this song
Duel Of The Iron Mic - 10/10 best track on LS. O.D.B. on chorus=perfect
Living In The World Today - 10/10
Gold - 10/10
Cold World - 9.5/10 not really feelin the singing
Labels - 10/10
4th Chamber - 10/10
Shadowboxin' - 10/10
Hells Wind Staff/Killah Hills 10304 - 10/10
Investigative Reports - 10/10
Swordsman - 10/10
I Gotcha' Back - 10/10
B.I.B.L.E.(Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) - 10/10

129.5/130 top 3 all time on my list. lyrics,production,everything is great.

duotone
05-09-2007, 03:30 AM
what is the meaning of CRIME?
is it criminals robbin' innocent motherfuckers everytime?

so dope.... damn... i love his lyrics....

PailFace
05-09-2007, 05:52 AM
what is the meaning of CRIME?

The 2 people who voted that the album's wack, and the 1 that said mediocre... If you look up "crime" in the dictionary, I'm pretty sure there's a link to those 3 votes.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-09-2007, 05:59 AM
I spent the whole night listening to LS and still playing in my room... shit i could listen that shit 24/7...

-The A to the Z-
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Best wu solo album period. Flawless shit

Freak
06-11-2007, 03:44 AM
If I could bring only 2 thing on an island that would be
liquid sword and 36 chambers....
I remember my brother listening to that when I was young and a few years later I stole that cd from him...
Gza = <3

Frank Drebin
06-16-2007, 02:23 PM
lyrically untouched IMO. The beats insane. The album flow spectacular. 10/10 couldnt ask more from an album

Afficial_Nastee
06-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Best Wu-solo, when I listen to this album it's like I get sucked away to another world I mean the beats, rhymes are ill.
There should be more albums like this one nowadays.

WuGambino
06-16-2007, 03:44 PM
The best Wu Album.
Perhaps my favourite record ever. Top 5 regardless.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-16-2007, 04:14 PM
The best Wu Album.
Perhaps my favourite record ever. Top 5 regardless.

+ has the best Wu featurings ever

baritone
06-22-2007, 12:46 AM
what can I say that hasn't already been said

the true definition of a flawless hip hop album

11th Chamber
06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
second best Wu solo. A 5/5 easily tho

Suga Duga
06-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Epic

BIG D O
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
definitely a classic.....

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-28-2007, 09:46 AM
lets face the truth, the album is wack as fuck! LOL

Guarded By Martyrs
06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
All of GZA's albums are DOPE - he seems to be able to make great albums and sometimes you can't even really tell when I ends and another begins.
Every track on this album is suitted to - LIQUID SWORDS - darkside album.
10/10 - Before It's Time.
Personally I prefer - LEGEND OF THE LIQUID SWORD -

xtaltha
06-29-2007, 12:57 AM
one of the all time hip hop classics. nice from beginning to end!

''whats the meaning of CRIME, is Criminals Robbin' Inocent Muthafuckas Everytime?'' GZA

Come Honor Face
07-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Better than Illmatic! LOL

bad boy T
07-09-2007, 08:58 AM
GZA liquid swords is the war and the peace.
A very sick album, full of dark real hip hop storys.
It's no mystification GZA is the protaganist, his lyrical wordplay is out of this world, top 10 I say.

THE W
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
liquid swords 7.5/10(not bad but the breakloop is kinda boring)
duel of the iron mic 10/10
living in the world today 9/10
gold 10/10
cold world 10/10
labels 10/10
4th chamber 10/10
shadowboxin 10/10
killa hills 10304 10/10
investigative reports 9/10
swordsmen 10/10
i gotcha back 9/10
BIBLE 10/10(one of the most beatiful and brilliant tracks i've ever heard)

what more needs to be said. my second favorite piece of music.

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 12:16 PM
There's 10 weirdos, 1 freak and 2 complete lunatics on this site.

I actually think that I would give every single track 10/10, and i'm not sure there's another hip-hop album I can say that for.

J.T.S.
10-31-2007, 03:03 PM
There's 10 weirdos, 1 freak and 2 complete lunatics on this site.

I actually think that I would give every single track 10/10, and i'm not sure there's another hip-hop album I can say that for.

For real to me this is the most banging hiphop album besides illmatic!

baritone
11-04-2007, 05:39 PM
this has got to be one of the most cohesive hip hop albums of all time

it's like this, you can't skip one track and you can't pick one track out the catalogue to just sit back and listen to

bad boy T
11-05-2007, 07:46 AM
This is easily GZA's finest album

Bucellito 136
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
this album is just perfect
gza is the best lyricist
the best solo album

dezmond
11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Who da fuck rated wack!? damn cracka's... album is THE shit & makes the flim shogun assassin even more dope..... GZA is an actual genius..

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM
wack - Free_HeyZeus, pussy-with-teeth

nothing new under the sun :)

Acromadic
11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
1.Liquid Swords - 5/5
2.Duel Of The Iron Mic - 5/5
3.Living In The World Today - 5/5
4.Gold - 4/5
5.Cold World - 5/5
6.Labels - 5/5
7.4th Chamber - 5/5
8.Shadowboxin - 5/5
9.Hells Wind Staff/Killah Hills 10304 - 5/5
10.Investigative Reports - 4/5
11.Swordsman - 5/5
12.I Gotcha Back - 5/5
13.B.I.B.L.E - 5/5

dezmond
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
G.O'.D.... Lotta truth in those lylics(track 4). phat beats too.. why 4/5?

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Can't wait to hear this entire album through live! GZA's always had love for London!

bad boy T
11-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Gold is clearly 5/5 Acromadic you spastic

harm77
12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
the only song that i usually skip on this album track 11. not that its wack just not a fav of mine. duel of the iron mic next to 4th chamber are the highlights of liquid swords. followed by cold world.

danjahchambah
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
CLASSIC ALBUM hands down...the beats , the lyrics ....perfect album and my personal fave solo wu joint.one!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
again i come back to this review

best hip-hop album ever made...it's just everything....this is the GOD album

LuckyTheWonderDog
12-09-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm going to see GZA perform this album end to end in London tonight. Fuck me I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dezmond
12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Spinx-You a lucky mutha fuka... i am for once very jealous..sure itll be THE SHIT..

ChamberSlave
01-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Best solo wu album ive heard.
The Lyrics are crazy and the production matches.
Liquid Swords never gets old.

Luza
01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
It's my favorite solo album of a wu-member!

"When I was little, my father was famous!
He was the greatest Samurai in the empire!"

Asasasin
01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
this album is the fuckin shit, the gza at his finest-up there with grandmasters

ChowHimself
01-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Classic to say the least! They don't make music like this nowadays.
Peace... Chow

Xerogravity
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
This is no doubt a classic album from one of the illest emcees/lyricists to fondle a microphone.

one of the illest verses from that album, by Killah Priest:

I judge wisely, as if nothin ever surprise me
Loungin, between two pillars of ivory
I'm lively, my dome piece, is like buildin stones in Greece
my poems are deep from ancient thrones I speak
I'm overwhelmed, as my mind, roams the realm
My eye's the vision, memory is the film
Others act sub-tile, but they fragile above clouds
They act wild and couldn't budge a crowd
No matter how loud they get, though they growl and spit
Clutch they fists, and throw up signs like a Crip
And throw all types of fits
I leave em split, like ass cheeks and ragged pussy lips

just mindblowing!!!

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
02-05-2008, 07:30 PM
100% classic..no doubt..

Supreme-NRT
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I hope anyone who voted wack will freeze in the deepest reaches of hell !

SG
02-17-2008, 07:28 AM
His grammar....unique/super sharp

claaa7
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
From the first time I've heard it 'til this day (just finished listening to it again) I've counted this among the 5 greatest hip-hop albums of all time. The Genius and RZA creates a perfect balance between producer and MC, GZA rides the musical backdrops perfect and RZA creates a dark, mystique and atmospheric vibe. The album is filled with samples from old-school Kung Fu flicks (following the lines of "Enter The Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers") which matches the music and lyrical content perfect. GZA shows throughout the album why he's called The Genius with loads of smart lines and clever metaphors on MC-battles and street-wars. With this LP he definitely marked who the illest general out of the Wu-Tang Clan was around this time, "Labels" should be enough to convince anyone..

Intro/Liquid Swords (5/5)
Duel of the Iron Mic (5/5)
Living in the World Today (5/5)
Gold (5/5)
Cold World (5/5)
Labels (5/5)
4th Chamber (5/5)
Shadowboxin' (5/5)
Hellz Wind Staff/Killa Hills 10304 (5/5)
Investigative Reports (5/5)
Swordsman (5/5)
I Gotcha Back (5/5)

Overall: 5/5
(classic)

YUI SHOSETSU
02-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Pure underground hip hop if you ask me.Could it be that we return to the early 90's? What was going on back then was genius!!!

PoorRighteousTeacher
02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Peace,i heard its dope but i never got the chance to get it till now (i tunes has it) whats your opinon of it?

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Errr....

There's a load of threads on Liquid Swords already if you search.

I'm fairly sure everyone on this site and everyone with a brain generally rates it as "10/10, 5/5, 100% classic, dope as fuck, hip-hop doesn't get better than this, crazy shit".

claaa7
02-25-2008, 04:59 AM
one of the top-5 hip-hop albums of all time (along with Illmatic, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Enter The Wu-Tang and Ready To Die).

6≤ Chambaz
02-25-2008, 06:41 AM
it's doper than hip-hop itself

PoorRighteousTeacher
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
daaaaamn God i didnt know GZA could flow on that level,ive listened to the album about 6 times in since last night,the whole album is dope word is bond. definetely a classic album

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
my fav. album ever...

anthonyallred
02-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Insane Album!! i just listened to it for the first time on the weekend!! Not sure if I like this or Supreme Clientele more. hmmmmm...

Mic Tyson
03-16-2008, 07:46 PM
classic album. first verse from duel of the iron mic = classic

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-17-2008, 12:51 AM
classic album. first verse from duel of the iron mic = classic

lol, not saying that it isn't but what verse on this albums isn't classic?

pmack215
03-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Swordsman is fantastic. I had goosebumps when I first heard that song.

swordsman is actually the ONLY track i dont like, and that i skip on L.S. its what makes it a 9.9 out of 10 for me. the most perfect hiphop album ever, along w/ supreme clientele.

anyone ever figure out the deal w/ the "extra" track listing on the back - "hell's wind staff"? as we all know that title was recycled for "forever".

anyone ever hear of an answer on this?
(and dont use the "killah hills 10304 / hell's wind staff" explanation. thats BS!)

King Lizard
03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Classic! The only other RZA produced solo that can even fuck with LS is Only Built for Cuban Linx! Way to go GZA and Raekwon!

MainoffenderKZ
03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
my favourite solo album,
Everysong is just overclassic,
RZA production on this album is flawless
Gza kills every single track on this shit
10/10

9th Chamber
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
My favorite Wu solo!!! Don't think any future Wu solo will ever top this!!!

duotone
04-27-2008, 05:22 PM
My favorite Wu solo!!! Don't think any future Wu solo will ever top this!!!

yeah yeah... 10/10 LS
but OB4CL 10/10 too...

i think they are on the same level...

my all time fav. LP's at all...

Sgt Holly Wood
04-27-2008, 05:26 PM
10/10

wuswordz95
05-07-2008, 05:45 PM
i bought the instrumentals cd its distributed by think diffrently music. liquid swords sounds weak without GZA. some songs sound better with vocals.
my fav track track off the instrumental album is i gotcha back.

claaa7
05-08-2008, 09:45 AM
anyone ever hear of an answer on this?
(and dont use the "killah hills 10304 / hell's wind staff" explanation. thats BS!)

it ain't bullshit, that's on the tracklisting from the official wu-tang site - wumusicgroup.com. the only track missing is "Unexplained" and it's still unexplained why it's there.

Maccabee Ridah
05-16-2008, 07:47 AM
It is true classic, the one that will be remembered....
The best GZA'z album....
4th chamber - true classic (especially his verse....)

10/10

racist randy
05-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Let's Get Into It!

1. Liquid Swords
The intro itself is just live as hell. Taken from the Shogun Assasson flick, just like other clips are later in the album. Beat is live, the bass is crazy I don't know how Rza did this one. Gza is lyrically crazy on this shit "I flow like the blood on a murder scene" "lyrics are weak like clock radio speakers" "get vaccinated my logo is branded into ya skin" ....the hook itself is mad nice, a great intro to a classic... 5/5

2.Duel of The Iron Mic
Another Crazy intro, the beat is crazy on here and Gza goes in like he's on detective shit sounding mad smooth and Raw at the same time I love how he ends his verse "I be that whiskey in ya liver", O.D.B. on the hook is PERFECT! nothing else would've sounded right, Masta Killa comes in and just kills this shit "This is not an 85 affair stand clear......" he just goes in on this joint and Inspectah Deck is the Icing on the cake on here his WHOLE verse is some classic shit...the Outro of this track sounds like the clan today.....5/5

3.Living In The World Today
This shit is crazy right here, I just be zoning out off this beat Rza has done it again, Method Man on the hook is a great addition, him and Gza going back and forth and the second verse is iller than the first "My preliminary attack keep cemetaries packed,of niggaz who think it ain't like that, MC's are gunned down like being run down with mad trucks, Them God struck, religious niggaz call it bad luck" Gza is lyrically sharp on this whole lp. 5/5

4.Gold
I love how Method Man talks shit on the intro and then the beat drops in, that shit just sounds crazy, Dope storytelling by Gza my favorite line throughout the whole thing is "And live large and bigger than my nigga, Who promised his moms a mansion with mad rooms, She died, and he still put a hundred grand in her tomb, Open wounds, he hid behind closed doors, And still organized his crime and drug wars"...that shit is mad ill.. so is the track... 5/5

5.Cold World
Beat is mad ill, Gza is on his detective shit again sounding mad nice with mad lyrical painting skills on this one, I can see everything clearly and Deck is a great addition to the track and he is up there with Gza on here, I feel like it's winter time outside listening to this track. 5/5

6.Labels
One of the first "one subject" tracks by Gza. Beat is on point and Gza showcases his lyrical ability by mixing all the labels together and putting it in a ill rhyme. Another Wu-Banger. 5/5

7.4th Chamber
This whole track is just a masterpiece, another intro tooken from Shogun, Ghostface drops a classic verse "Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet?,Why did Judas, rat to Romans while Jesus slept?" that whole verse is just mad ill, Killah Priest comes in and rips it "I leave em' split like ass cheeks and ragged pussy lips" Raw. Rza comes in with his flow which i like on this joint and dropping mad knowledge aswell, then Gza just ends it so well, a classic indeed. 5/5

8.Shadowboxin'
I'm sorry folks but this is Method Man all the way. HE's just flowing on here putting words and rhyme schemes together and it sounding mad ill, Gza dropped some nice shit aswell but this is all Method Man on here, straight hip-hop. 5/5

9.Killah Hills 10304
Yeah folks do you know "Don Rodriguez" LOL, funny opening to a great track, the beat is hard I like that sound in the back(I Think it's a violin IDK) Gza is on point as he pulls out his detective suit and goes in... 5/5

10.Investigative Reports
Awww shit, another banger right here U-God opens up with the hook sounding nice and flowing well, You got R.A.G.U. on the track aswell so where can you go wrong, Raekwon opens it up mad nice just painting the scene, Gza goes in on here "Calling all cars, callin all cars! Ghetto Psychos, armed and dangerous, leavin mad scars on those,Who are found bound, gagged and shot when they blast the spot, Victims took off like astronauts" and Ghostface just ends it off superbly, a classic indeed. 5/5

11.Swordsman
This shit is a masterpiece. Beat just have me zoning out and Gza's lyrics are mad crazy on here, the Hook is my favorite part of the track. I don't know how they did this one, this is in my top 3 on the album. 5/5

12.I Gotcha Back
I'm not gonna lie this is the only track that doesn't have the same effect as the others. It has grown on me, and this shit is mad hard as Gza spits about the mean streets, this is some raw shit indeed. 4.5/5

Lyrics - 5/5
Beats- 5/5
Overall - 5/5

This is Gza's best material indeed, the beats are flawless and all the lyrics are razor sharp. A ture classic, showing Wu in their glory days when they couldn't be fucked with! ****Overall 5/5**** ****Certified Hip-Hop/Wu-Classic****

JerseyIronman
05-25-2008, 11:59 PM
^^

so... you like think this is a good album? maybe i should check this one out...

haha just playin, good review so far.

my favorite joints on LS are 4th Chamber (pure rawness, some of my favorite verses ever) and 'Duel of the Iron Mic' (RZA is a fucking wizard on the production here)

claaa7
05-26-2008, 05:56 AM
yo hollow: nice review but you should change the colours of the text.. it fucks with your eyes when reading it now.

racist randy
05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok i'm done....

masamune_massacre
06-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Definately a sit through for the first time and end up not being able to close your jaw kind of classic.

Nokturnal Mortum
06-10-2008, 12:18 AM
My favorite song is I Gotcha Back, but I can understand why people don't like it as much as the other songs on this album.

Wu-Tang Gambino
06-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Seriously who are the 21 insane people who don't think this is a bonafide classic. It is the best Wu-Tang solo album & close to 36 chambers.

Maccabee Ridah
06-16-2008, 04:31 AM
^^ I'm more curious how the hell somebady can tell for this classic that it is wack............!!!!

It's just not normal..!!!!! lol

Peace.....................
-suuuuuuu///

Tony Bandana
06-21-2008, 12:01 PM
so GREAT i cant even listin to nomo' im sick of it in a good way.

put it in the Hall Of Fame

ONGH

this and OB4CL 1 and 1A

TheWolf
06-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Top ten albums of all time, any genre.

Spilledge
07-03-2008, 01:45 AM
shit love this album.I was one of the few to watch him live in san diego (mission beach) he proformed every liquid song and more! benethe the surface lengend man he ripped that mic so fuckin hard he didnt wanna leave he was tellin fans he will rock somebodys house!!!! and nobody raised up man i wish i had somewhere ........

staycreepin_n_silence
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
I thought it was average not one of my favorite

BGS
03-29-2009, 10:12 AM
PERFECT album...1000% classic!!

Krimewave
03-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I thought it was average not one of my favorite

then you should probably click this link (http://www.national-hearing-services.co.uk/hearing-aid.aspx?refid=GPPC-HP&gclid=COrnj4nTypkCFRo8kgodYxfCUQ).

duotone
03-30-2009, 10:20 AM
then you should probably click this link (http://www.national-hearing-services.co.uk/hearing-aid.aspx?refid=gppc-hp&gclid=cornj4ntypkcfro8kgodyxfcuq).

:D

nice

killabee313
04-01-2009, 04:03 PM
luved every track on this.My fav solo wu album :)

New Hills 36
05-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I wish I was aware of the Wu back then. How mental must it have been to have album after album of 'one of the best hip-hop albums ever' come out one after the other like it was never going to end. IMO opinion probably the best solo.

NaturalBornKilla
08-02-2009, 05:28 PM
whoever voted wack is retarded

bad boy T
08-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Wu-Tang (classic) Forever

Facesteppah
08-10-2009, 11:53 AM
whoever voted wack is retarded

word!

jaupoon
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Liquid Swords is one of the definitive rap albums of the 1990s, CLASSIC CLASSIC album just about every track on there is awesome and the appearances from other clan members on there are fantastic as well.

Matthew
08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Have to say one of my all time favorites.. arguably the best wu solo album?

Shogah
09-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Production on this album was so much different than the rest of rap music at that time, that it has to be best wu produced album, even better(in terms of production) than ob4cl.

Holocaust
09-09-2009, 06:50 AM
lmao

MaskedAvenger
09-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Its my personal favorite Wu-tang solo album

hansei
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Absolute classic. One of my all time favourite hip-hop records.

The first time I heard it I was disappointed by the way the sample at the start cuts into the track but now I love that too. Amazing.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
lmao

what are you smiling

when Holocaust will have an album this good, then you can smile

Drunken Monk
09-14-2009, 04:24 PM
this album proves gza is one of the best mcs on tha world

4th Chamber
09-20-2009, 06:16 AM
fuckin wicked album. classic, hands down!

SMH
12-04-2009, 05:56 PM
i think this might be the " sharpest" album of all time!

BinghamRobinson
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
It was god

Steelie
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Defo a classic...that album cant be fucked with

Frank Sobotka
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I voted wack.
Not the album, the thread.

Everybody who has heard it thinks this is classic.

The only thing that's bad about the album is the skit.

Holocaust
12-12-2009, 09:13 AM
production made this album superior, takes me to the gravedigga era

BISHOP BLOODSHOT
03-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Best Solo from the WU and Hip Hop in general.

OB4CL
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
9.5/10

OB4CL>>>Liquid Swords

duotone
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
9.5/10 is a shame for liquid swords...

AM_
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Liquid Swords > any rap cd ever

sickdog
04-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Liquid Swords > any rap cd ever

lol. fail.

Inspectah Deck
05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
This is classic for sure.I hope Liquid Sword II will be like this but i don't think it will.Anyway will wait until it drops.

killabee313
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I downloaded this yearz ago but I juss actually bought this album today lol classic shit tho.

Hocmat
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
10/10 classic

Killah priest delivers my favorite verse ever on 4th chamber

dad
05-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Dope ! I hope liquid swords 2 is dope also .

Chris Stylez
05-23-2010, 07:55 PM
out of all the solos during wu's golden age this was always my favorite one

SKELETOR
11-27-2010, 02:19 PM
i dont want to start a new thread
can anyone tell me the difference between the Words From The Genius - 1991 [Album]
and the Words From A Genius - 1991 [Promo CD]

and how can i see whats is the reissue/original; promo/album

P._Rakeem_Addict
11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
"Liquid Swords" is my favorite solo joint from the Wu. I still bump that disc every couple months. Gets me hype every time.

@SKELETOR: So, there are a few ways to spot the reissue of "Words From the Genius." One is to look at the cover. If it's the image of GZA with a feather quill writing in a book, it's the ORIGINAL 1991 cover (thanks for the correction fellaz!). Then look at the pressing date on the back of the CD jewel case. Here it will either read 1991 or 2006. The 91 version is your money find and has the song "Come do Me" as the first track. The 1994 reissue cover is red and black. The 94 version is the reissue and you'll notice that it has "Pass the Bone" in place of "Come do Me" as the first song. The 06 version with the "feather quill" cover was released by Traffic Entertainment Group, the owner Cold Chillin' Records' catalog. I'm actually not aware of a promo CD for the original release. Only promo singles on vinyl.

SKELETOR
11-27-2010, 03:42 PM
"Liquid Swords" is my favorite solo joint from the Wu. I still bump that disc every couple months. Gets me hype every time.

@SKELETOR: So, there are a few ways to spot the reissue of "Words From the Genius." One is to look at the cover. If it's the image of GZA with a feather quill writing in a book, it's the reissue. If the cover looks like the original red and black 1991 cover, then look at the pressing date on the back of the CD jewel case. Here it will either read 1991, 1994 or 2006. The 91 version is your money find, cuz that's the original and it will have the song "Come do Me" as the first track. The 94 version is the reissue and you'll notice that it has "Pass the Bone" in place of "Come do Me" as the first song. The 06 version was released by Traffic Entertainment Group, the owner Cold Chillin' Records' catalog. I'm actually not aware of a promo CD for the original release. Only promo singles on vinyl.

thanks a lot for the info
that must be the version from cold chillin with the number "9 26475-2"
but i dont know why there are holes on the front and back cover
looks like the promo

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9061/34046454.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8943/cc1g0.jpg

and this is the reissue from Traffic Entertainment Group?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51b-AoZbXoL._SS400_.jpg

pyrex visionist
11-27-2010, 03:44 PM
/

pyrex visionist
11-27-2010, 03:45 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9061/34046454.jpg

this is original 1991 album retail release.

SKELETOR
11-27-2010, 03:46 PM
this is original 1991 album retail release.

then is this the original?

but why are there 2 holes on front and back cover?

pyrex visionist
11-27-2010, 03:50 PM
then is this the original?

but why are there 2 holes on front and back cover?

yes this is original 1st release.
these 2 holes are called promo hole punches, which means that your particular copy was used as a promo copy (was given for free to the first owner). saw cuts could have been used instead.

SKELETOR
11-27-2010, 03:56 PM
yes this is original 1st release.
this 2 holes are called promo hole punches, which means that your particular copy was used as a promo copy (was given for free to the first owner). saw cuts could have been used instead.

no there are no saw cuts, but i know what u mean i think
like this?
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3748/hni0072z.jpg

if these 2 holes were not there, then it would be more valuable right?

P._Rakeem_Addict
11-27-2010, 05:20 PM
DAMN! Thanks Pyrex. My bad. I edited my orignal post to make it correct. Maybe you could delete my wack ass post quote? Props.

@SKEL: Looks like you have the rarest of the bunch!

pyrex visionist
11-28-2010, 02:27 AM
no there are no saw cuts, but i know what u mean i think
like this?
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3748/hni0072z.jpg

if these 2 holes were not there, then it would be more valuable right?

i know that your item doesn't hav saw cuts. i just wanted to stress out that saw cuts are equivalent to promo punch holes.

yes, releases with no promo marks are usually worth more.

SKELETOR
11-28-2010, 04:37 AM
thanks for the infos!

Pacsta
01-15-2011, 01:37 PM
best wu solo shyt eva

Inspektah Meth-Tical
04-16-2011, 06:24 AM
My second favorite Wu solo next to Tical.

Socrates92
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Personally I prefer Cuban Linx to Liquid Swords, the length possibly having something to do with that. This is still a classic though, the 4th Chamber beat still gives me chills, one of, if not my favourite Wu tune.

JASPER BEARDLY
04-19-2011, 05:43 PM
this n cuban linx n wu forever arguably best cds of all time

hom hom
07-07-2013, 05:15 AM
My favorite wu solo album

Don Universo
01-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Classic