PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys ever feel real nostalgia?

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-18-2009, 12:48 AM
While listening to certain songs or chillin outside on sunny days i sometimes start thinking back of certain times in my life when i felt true hapiness.

It's such a strange feeling between my nipples and my belly-button. It feels like a warm sensation. My ab muscles tighten. My throat chokes up. All i can think about is when i was a young kid and how good it felt running around with friends getting scraped knees. Relatives that have died and i'll never be able to speak with them again. Of past girls that i once knew and now are gone. Things like that.

Along with songs, i have also noticed that smells (like certain perfumes) spark my brain and open up lost memory vaults.

I love it but HATE it at the same time because it solves nothing yet it places me in those moments for one more second. Do you guys ever feel shit like that? Am i just a fagget?

diggy
03-18-2009, 01:08 AM
oh yes, i know what u mean

it does not happen alot to me, but i have experience it

YungSunny
03-18-2009, 04:04 AM
I get that from a lot of songs.

J-Cee
03-18-2009, 04:56 AM
Yeh i get it quite often..is good but bad at the same time..dunno

cutn' heads
03-18-2009, 05:33 AM
yep.

TruWizDumb
03-18-2009, 06:05 AM
I get it a lot...especially from songs and certain smells...it's a crazy feeling but I like it.
When I'm pissed off a bit of nostalgia really does the trick to calm me down. I can listen to an old song my dad used to play when I was a kid or one that I recorded off of the radio as a tween...yep, it really makes me smile and get over whatever I was pissed about.

NIGHT MAYOR
03-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I get that from a lot of songs.

hahah

its called getting old peoples. get used to it, im at the point in my life where new hip-hop beats seem sub par and when i hear shit like tone loc, house of pain, arrested developement, vannila ice or cypress hill i say "this is when hip hop ment something"

lets go back to when i was young *star-e eyed*

wyDjRd0Tjss
this song reminds me of sunday mornings and me thinking he was saying "mr window" funny shit
MdjQoju0gkM
white pride! hahaha look at everlast, i honestly think i could chin check him at this point.
Vp-is6S_b_g
chopped and screwed, I still know this song word for word. scary. "to the extreme i rock a mic like a vandal - light up the stage wax a chump like a candle"
387ZDGSKVSg
is this in uncle buck ? or is it funky cold madina ?
SvV-upQVoFs
this is H.I.P.H.O.P.

wreck og nize niggah!

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
03-18-2009, 07:31 AM
music definitely does it for me especially when I listen to the "Golden Era"....I get all fuzzy on the inside when I think of h.e.r.

perfumes also is a big one for me also.....reminds me of love lost and love gained

cap
03-18-2009, 07:34 AM
yeah i definitely have those moments a lot.
its funny how certain smells can automatically catapult your brain to a time that you never think about any more...
a lot of songs are like the soundtrack to different events in my life as well

TruWizDumb
03-18-2009, 07:35 AM
It's this smell in the lobby of my bank that always reminds me of my elementary school cafeteria...I'm not sure why but it takes me there. Remember Pizza Friday and shyt??LOL

NIGHT MAYOR
03-18-2009, 07:35 AM
YEAH BANG! perfumes, i can remember the perfume on the stripper that gave me my first lappy. she was awesome, treated me like royalty when i entered the banger, like most but i thought i was the shit when it happend.

gotta find the name of that perfume, get my young one to buy it, or i shall buy it for her.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-18-2009, 07:37 AM
i can remember the perfume on the stripper that gave me my first lappy..

lol thats sad man

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
03-18-2009, 07:40 AM
it is quite hilarious if ya ask me

NIGHT MAYOR
03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
fuckin gangster. better than remembering a whores perfurme (never paid never will) i was like 18, which was like 7 years ago, THATS AGES

plus! diesel exhust reminds me of ice cream trucks, sad but true.

snapple
03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
for sure man....

i don't live in the neighborhood that i grew up in... everytime i pass through im guaranteed to catch the feeling....a lot of really good memories...

there are places where a lot of negative shit has happend to and sometimes negative emotions surface and extreme paranoia....hate that....

certain music for sure...music is a big one...music videos ESPECIALLY....when throwback videos come on everybody bugs out and reminisces....

music + places give me the feeling....

i like this thread =)

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-18-2009, 11:09 AM
wyDjRd0Tjss
this song reminds me of sunday mornings and me thinking he was saying "mr window"

Fool, i was going to post this video and write the same thing. Eerie....

a lot of songs are like the soundtrack to different events in my life as well
Good quote.

I've also noticed a girl's shampoo. I'll sometimes get a whiff of a girl walking by and her sweet shampoo will take me back to past ladies.

Also, certain times in the day during a specific season. For instance, 3pm in the middle of July will always take me back to being a youngster in day camp climbing trees and water balloon fights. Getting puppy love with that young girly who thought you were gross. And it's crazy but you're a kid you can't get enough sugar. I'd be drinking only soda all day long, eating candy and cake, pop-rocks, all that shit, and STILL wanting more. :b

Sky Blue Danny Kid
03-18-2009, 03:23 PM
While listening to certain songs or chillin outside on sunny days i sometimes start thinking back of certain times in my life when i felt true hapiness.

It's such a strange feeling between my nipples and my belly-button. It feels like a warm sensation. My ab muscles tighten. My throat chokes up. All i can think about is when i was a young kid and how good it felt running around with friends getting scraped knees. Relatives that have died and i'll never be able to speak with them again. Of past girls that i once knew and now are gone. Things like that.

Along with songs, i have also noticed that smells (like certain perfumes) spark my brain and open up lost memory vaults.

I love it but HATE it at the same time because it solves nothing yet it places me in those moments for one more second. Do you guys ever feel shit like that? Am i just a fagget?

Well, Les, while I understand what you are talking about, unfortunately, you are just a faggot.

I dont mean to be rude or contrary, but scientifically speaking, all human emotions are for women and faggots.

In the future, please try to be less gay and have no feelings.

I accidentally felt "happy" once, but I quickly said "no homo", and then listened to the Dayton Family until I was re-heteroized.

Zander
03-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I usually get sad when I feel nostalgic because stuff was easier back then

b-dolo
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM
a familiar smell, is actually the biggest sensor of memory over sight, touch, hearing

KaramelSundae
03-18-2009, 07:21 PM
songs take it back for me too....

even locations. my husband & i used to do our backseat banging in this one parking lot (back before we moved in together) and now it's like a really swanky retirement home. when we drive by it, we just laugh.

good thread emperorles

Senator C. Palantine
03-19-2009, 08:37 AM
When I go for a shit in the morning it takes me back to last nights curry....

mmmmm, Curry.