PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Procrastinator

TruWizDumb
03-18-2009, 07:10 AM
eh...I'll finish this post later.

TruWizDumb
03-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Just kidding...but I really think I have a problem. I put off everything until it's a life or death situation. I want to do stuff but I'm easily sidetracked. I hate making plans because I KNOW I'm not gonna do it, I'm not gonna meet them there @ that time, etc. People don't understand that. If it's something I really wanna do then I'll do it, but I'm not dependable at all for other ppl's needs. Luckily I have no children. Does anyone else feel that way?

I'm pretty good at work/bills cuz I don't play with my money but in my personal life I'm just like blah. I have some friends who just bend over backwards to help or do shit but not me...I kinda envy them in a way...I lack motivation/commitment like a mutha

beautifulrock
03-18-2009, 07:35 AM
your first post was a gem, then of course, you ruined it by talking.

InsurgenT
03-18-2009, 07:37 AM
I dont see that as a problem. You do what you want to do and when you feel like it. People are selfish and expecting certain things from you. I dont expect much from other people, so i dont care if they expect something from me.

TruWizDumb
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
your first post was a gem, then of course, you ruined it by talking.

LOL...good one, kinda.

I dont expect much from other people, so i dont care if they expect something from me.

I like that one...neva looked at it that way.

snapple
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
if you handle your bills and your money is right....whats the problem here?

"If it's something I really wanna do then I'll do it"

there it is sister....u shouldn't feel bad....

you'll be motivated and commit when shit actually means something for real...

l

TSA
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
uh.

yeah. the problem is unreal. creating and irrational fear of doing something that is worst then actually doing it.

being mentally lazy.
i have the same problem, until i discovered coffee, now im a fucking machine.

but at the same time will develope a substance addiction because I will convince myself i need it to function.

im on my 3rd cup today, but in all fairness its finals week.

TSA
03-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I also find that the less busy i am the more i procrastinate and filling you schedule and pallet with an daunting amount of tasks obligations and projects helps make every minute seem more important or 'life or death' and therefore you procrastinate less because you value time and work more.

or just do meth and drink coffee.

TruWizDumb
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
No meth and no coffee for me. There's nothing sexy about sunk in eyes, an exposed rib cage and yellow teeth. I'll be ok. LOL

I think I figured out what it is though...Since I'm in the military most of my day is sooo structured and planned out so when I do have time for myself I don't wanna do shit really. And then when people still ask me to do shit I get aggravated and tune them out...unless it's a really great party or something.

Thanks guys, I feel better. I'm actually not a procrastinator at all because at least they EVENTUALLY get shit done. I just don't do it at all. LOL