PDA

View Full Version : Ghostface Killah - Ironman

hotnikks
09-10-2005, 11:39 PM
In my opinion this is Ghosts best album to date, its just too raw
Ghostface Killah at his best, Supreme Clientele is a close second though.

But Ironman is unfuckable with.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5 beautiful intro song
2 Wild Flower 4/5 ghost is spittin fire here
3 The Faster Blade 5/5 fuckin dope cut
4 260 5/5 classic the beat is ill
5 Assassination Day 4/5 dope fam track
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5 dope could've been longer though
7 Winter Warz 4/5 cappa kills
8 Box in Hand 5/5 classic
9 Fish 4/5 dope
10 Camay 5/5 another classic
11 Daytona 500 5/5 classic
12 Motherless Child 5/5 illzzz
13 Black Jesus 5/5 Ugod is dope here
14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 rza and ghost killed it
15 All That I Got is You 5/5 ghost gets deep n shit
16 Marvel 4/5 dope song to finish it

This album is classic!

WU-KILLAH
09-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Best Ghost album, but I understand those saying it's more a wu-tang album than a ghost album + I think it's RZA's old style of producing at its best

1 Iron Maiden 5/5 Shit that beat's is fuckin dope ! like the three MCs that are on it (I think Cappa has the best verse . (I like these trumpets which sound like in the old batman series !)

2 Wild Flower 2,5/5 It's pure ghostface but Im not feeling that track

3 The Faster Blade 1/5 Only track I skip

4 260 5/5 classic the beat is ill (nuff said)

5 Assassination Day 4,5/5 wu-tang track with no weakness

6 Poisonous Darts 4/5 What a pity Ghostface lost that flow on supreme clientele !

7 Winter Warz 5/5 Cappadonna makes one of the most classic wu-verse, he outshine anybody else on this track, but maybe it's because he has the longest verse (Ghost verse is classic too actually !) - Pure old style wu !

8 Box in Hand 4/5 why the fuck RZA hasn't always produced like that ?

9 Fish 4,5/5 nice beat by truemaster

10 Camay 2/5 oh I forgot: I skip camay too

11 Daytona 500 5/5 The three wariors are back for a dope track !

12 Motherless Child 5/5 Pure RZA production !!!! one of my fav track on this album: you gotta listen to that !

13 Black Jesus 4/5 Very good track but I skip it sometimes because of the one that comes after !!!

14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 My favorite track of the album ! Damn how can RZA drop so much classic beats in one album ??? (three verses are ill !)

15 All That I Got is You 4,5/5 Mary J + Ghost = classic slow song ( some realness here)

16 Marvel 4,5/5 that shit is dope : RZA had fun playing with the beat

Another classic from the wu golden era

Bedlam
09-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Winter Warz 4/5??????????????????

i dont know what to say. I thought it was common knowledge that this song is a classic banger.

dat MF
09-11-2005, 04:42 AM

i dont know what to say. I thought it was common knowledge that this song is a classic banger.Word!
yeah album is banger top 5 album for me, ghost is incredible here, supreme clientele is close, but iron man is classic

IRONMAN GFK
09-11-2005, 09:32 AM
one of the best wu-tang albums
love that fuckin intro

Holmes
09-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Both Ironman and Supreme are classics, I cant choose between them.

num2son
09-11-2005, 10:43 AM
LOL. Great album.

iron_slang
09-11-2005, 10:50 AM
yea Ironman is the Big Dick Willy biggs of the Ghostface collection. I get uneasy when i cant find my ironman (not ghostface) album, coz everything bout that album is correckt; the Wu tiger tooth on the cd is off records; the intro is banging; ghosts lyrical swordplay on Wildflower makes me buss a nut; Camay i know has to be a RZA beat coz all i got is the cd, no cover & shit just the cd but ALL mc's on that track catch wreck, cappa's - i think she saw me putting out the pot... Ghost's - can u cook darling... u sexy mothafucka,damn, u make a nigga wanna, GODDAMN (thats some mad Ghost swordplay there); soul controller whit ghosts - buffalo large taj mahal is another example of mystic Swordplay, i wish i remebered the track with RZA close to the end coz RZA spit some nerdy sounding voice with penetrating impacting lyrics - maybe its was same time as wu-wear rennasance;BUT the god RZA catches wreck in curveballs on that track - big asses,colourful lips,wide hips-u know, with the Digi slurred speach- BUT ALL IN ALL GIVE INRONMAN 10/10 ON AN EVERYDAY OR PLAYED MORE THAN TWICE IN THE WEEK HEARING OF THE ALBUM - rAZOR sHARP SHIT

TSA
09-12-2005, 01:41 PM

i dont know what to say. I thought it was common knowledge that this song is a classic banger.
my thoughts exactly, god damn it "Buddah palm hit Koran." "Slick majestic broke mics i left infected." "describe me, the kids nice and he holds swords." "Be on the look out for this mass murderous suspect." " My repatuare(sp?) is U.S.S.R." "Even if im smoked out i can't be scoped out." "See my face on the 20 dollar bill, cash it in, and get 10 dollars back." we're all said on that one song, its no doubt one of Wu's all time strongest.

lucky arms
09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Ghost is a dope mc but Wildflower strikes me as needlessly boastfull and mysoginistic but that's me.

Bedlam
09-13-2005, 05:44 PM
my thoughts exactly, god damn it "Buddah palm hit Koran." "Slick majestic broke mics i left infected." "describe me, the kids nice and he holds swords." "Be on the look out for this mass murderous suspect." " My repatuare(sp?) is U.S.S.R." "Even if im smoked out i can't be scoped out." "See my face on the 20 dollar bill, cash it in, and get 10 dollars back." we're all said on that one song, its no doubt one of Wu's all time strongest.
you forgot my favorite line from winter warz

"watch me a-cometh
into your chamber like Freddy enter dream
Discombumberate your technique and your scheme"

I never noticed that Freddy line till a week ago in my car. I was like "WTF!!! THATS SO ILL"

lets just make this a Winter Warz appreciation thread

WU-KILLAH
09-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Yes a "winter warz" single would much more worth buying than a lot of albums ...

snapple
09-13-2005, 06:12 PM
in my opinion this could be the best made solo project. the first half is classic wutang sound, then the album begins turning into more of ghostface's style. the track ordering is perfect, i forget what movies the quotes are from though (With the gangs and the pachino quote) every track on there is a banger. i feel this album more then ob4cl. id say its just as good as liquid swords and enter the 36 chambers, iron maide, 260, assasination day, soul controller, after the smoke clears, black jesus...everything on there god damn

num2son
09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Ghost is a dope mc but Wildflower strikes me as needlessly boastfull and mysoginistic but that's me.
LOL, I can never seem to blast that song loud becuase of the lyricz, but the beat is great.

TSA
09-14-2005, 08:32 PM
you forgot my favorite line from winter warz

"watch me a-cometh
into your chamber like Freddy enter dream
Discombumberate your technique and your scheme"

I never noticed that Freddy line till a week ago in my car. I was like "WTF!!! THATS SO ILL"

lets just make this a Winter Warz appreciation thread
oohhhhh good looking out how can i forget that one!

TSA
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
basically Winter Warz is fuckin bannannas, I want to make a song like it with a few local rappers here in Captown, just an ill seasonally themed beat, and lyrical insanity. It might be on that Strawberry Icecream LP for all you that follow that P.Legion rap.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-14-2005, 08:39 PM
1 Iron Maiden 5/5
2 Wild Flower 4/5
3 The Faster Blade 5/5
4 260 5/5
5 Assassination Day 5/5
6 Poisonous Darts 4.5/5
7 Winter Warz 5/5
8 Box in Hand 5/5
9 Fish 4/5
10 Camay 5/5
11 Daytona 500 5/5
12 Motherless Child 5/5
13 Black Jesus 5/5
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4.5/5
15 All That I Got is You 5/5
16 Marvel 4.5/5
17 The Soul Controller 5/5 one of the illest songs rarely heard now because the re-release took it off (sample clearance reasons) but this was the true end song
it's like a epic journey, 6:50 minutes of illness....really hard to describe but you will just be speechless after you hear it. The movie quote at the end is the perfect way to end a album

the album is the perfect fusion of basically the Only built 4 cuban linx style production and the bobby digital shit

Bloo
09-15-2005, 04:50 AM
17 The Soul Controller 5/5 one of the illest songs rarely heard now because the re-release took it off (sample clearance reasons) but this was the true end song
it's like a epic journey, 6:50 minutes of illness....really hard to describe but you will just be speechless after you hear it. The movie quote at the end is the perfect way to end a album

the album is the perfect fusion of basically the Only built 4 cuban linx style production and the bobby digital shit
That track was the shit. When you heard that shit it definately sounded like it was over.

Made ya wanna cry how perfect it was

Literate Type Asshole
09-15-2005, 07:40 AM
most songs on this are totally ridiculous, a top 30 wu tang songs list would contain at least three quarters of this album. the only ones that aren't are wildflower, poisonous darts, after the smoke is clear (really dont like the drums on this song), and marvel which are just good and the faster blade which is boring.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5
2 Wild Flower 4/5
3 The Faster Blade 3/5
4 260 5/5
5 Assassination Day 5/5
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5
7 Winter Warz 5/5
8 Box in Hand 5/5
9 Fish 5/5
10 Camay 4.5/5
11 Daytona 500 5/5
12 Motherless Child 5/5
13 Black Jesus 5/5
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4/5
15 All That I Got is You 4.5/5
16 Marvel 4/5
17 The Soul Controller 5/5

the insignificant
09-16-2005, 11:39 PM
1 Iron Maiden 4/5... great start by all three emcees...
2 Wild Flower 3/5... overrated... ghost comes off sounding almost childish here... 'you did this, so i did that, so nehhhh'...
3 The Faster Blade 4.5/5... short and sharp... just really good...
4 260 3.5/5... sounds too much like iron maiden for my liking...
5 Assassination Day 5/5... four great verses, particularly by rza and mk...
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5... powerful beat and ghost hits it with the appropriate force...
7 Winter Warz 3.5/5... not big on the beat or the chorus... u-god, cappa and mk do well though...
8 Box in Hand 4.5/5... rae and meth overshadow ghost by a long way on this...
9 Fish 5/5... fantastic...
10 Camay 3/5... nice beat but the emcees bore me...
11 Daytona 500 5/5... great beat, great hook, great verses...
12 Motherless Child 3.5/5... never really got into this one...
13 Black Jesus 4.5/5... the beat and u-god are phenomenal...
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4/5... rza and rae are awesome...
15 All That I Got is You 3.5/5... never quite got into this either...
16 The Soul Controller 4.5/5... very good, nice switch up in the middle...
17 Marvel - 5/5... the beat steals this one... love the way rza lets it run and plays with it...

Bedlam
09-16-2005, 11:56 PM
^insignificant, you're review leaves me speachless with confusion

the insignificant
09-17-2005, 12:18 AM
well then i'll just leave you to try and articulate your thoughts... i know it comes across as critical, but i was trying to keep it brief... you'd still be reading if i mentioned everything i like about the album...

hotnikks
09-22-2005, 11:32 PM
i only gave Winter Warz a 4/5 cuz of the beat, not the best beat on this album at all, the song is still classic though.

ol dirty abbot
09-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Really really good album. This is an amazing album flamboyance, rawness, love, hate, anger, laughter got it all. Really good 8.8/10

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
09-25-2005, 07:04 AM
my fav album out of the wu

Holmes
09-25-2005, 07:11 AM
When I need cheered up I stick on Daytona 500 I love this tune.

Protection
09-25-2005, 09:42 AM
1 Iron Maiden | 4˝/5 | This is a banger to start off the album with. Everyone come off sharp on this one, tho I like Raekwon's verse the most.

2 Wild Flower | 4˝/5 | The beat is butter and got that typical RZA sound with it. Psychotic strings, keyboards and a Ghostface on rampage. Tho I think this song needed a hook or a chorus.

3 The Faster Blade | 4/5 | The concept for this song is basic. A beat and Raekwon rhyming over it. That's it, no hook, no Ghostface, just circa 40 bars of emceeing by the Chef. And I love it, im amazed how Raekwon could come off that hungry right after the success of OB4CL. But this song is too simple to get a higher rate.

4 260 | 5/5 | This is another classic storytelling song with Rae & Ghost rhyming back & forth. The beat is soo simple, yet so good. Classic.

5 Assassination Day | 5/5 | A possé cut without Ghostface, but it's all good. The song is off the hook, everyone spit fire over the beat. Best verse: Masta Killa. Another classic song.

6 Poisonous Darts | 4˝/5 | For a long time I didn't like this track, but now I love it. Ghostface gets loose over the rapid beat, spittin' nothing but "poisonous darts". I love the lines aimed at The Source at the end, Ghost was ahead of his time I guess haha.

7 Winter Warz | 5/5 | Wow... There's not much left to be said about this song that has never been said before. Cappa holds the crown for the best verse but you can't forget that U-God drops a damn good one too! Another classic.

8 Box in Hand | 4˝/5 | Right off the success of Winter Warz this track follows up. It's another solid banger from Ghost but it's not on the same amazing level as the other classics. But still, a damn good track.

9 Fish | 5/5 | Next classic: Fish. "We eat fish, toss salads and make rapballads" hahaha, Ghost drops the dopest verse here. This is the only track not produced by The RZA, this one's by True Master. 'Biscuits' off PTA always reminds me of this classic beat. Classic.

10 Camay | 5/5 | Wow... RZA took it to another level with the production on this one. The way he used that Teddy Pendergrass vocalsample and combined it with that seductive bassline and the piano is unbelievable. Not only that: Rae, Ghost and Cappa spit fire over the beat. But once again Ghost drops the best verse. "You sexy motherfucker! GOD DAMN!" hahaha. Classic.

11 Daytona 500 | 5/5 | This is a classic Wu-single. It's so soulful yet and the same time so raw. Raekwon impressed me with the way he flowed over the beat on this one, he takes the best verse. Classic.

12 Motherless Child | 5/5 | Wow... Yet another masterpiece by The RZA. This is arguably one of his hardest beats of all time. Once again he takes a vocalsample (this time from O.V. Wright) and takes it totally somewhere else. Raekwon got a short verse and allows Ghost to shine with another storytelling verse. Classic.

13 Black Jesus | 4/5 | Perhaps the weakest song on the album, but not bad at all. Just like Hand In Box, not on the same level as the other tracks.

14 After The Smoke is Clear | 4˝/5 | The beat is simple. A drumpattern with a bassline and The Delphonics wailing over it. But it works, no doubt! Great song, tho the production could've been better.

15 All That I Got is You | 5/5 | Wow... I've been praising RZA's production a lot, but now it's time for Ghost to get shine. He drops one of the REALEST verses in raphistory. Anyone can feel his pain and misery he went through his childhood thanks to this track. There's no other way to put it but... Classic.

16 Marvel | 4/5 | This track appears as weak coming right after 'All That I Got Is You'. But it's not bad at all, but I always skip it tho.

17 The Soul Controller | 4/5 | This track should've been #15 and 'All That I Got Is You' should've been #17, that would've been the ideal way to finish the album. But instead 'The Soul Controller' ends the album, a fine track. But I always get somewhat lost in what Ghost is talking about and I can't understand this song.

Overall: 5/5
This is a classic album by Ghostface, RZA, Raekwon and Cappadonna hands down. There's no bad songs, no bad production, no bad verses, it's almost flawless. Almost. A few tracks could've been more structured and organized. The RZA drops one of his most consistent albums, productionwise. There's several classic beats by The Abbot and you could already hear traces of his future Bobby Digital sound. To sum it all up in one word: CLASSIC.

pablobaluba
09-28-2005, 01:11 PM
In my opinion this is Ghosts best album to date, its just too raw
Ghostface Killah at his best, Supreme Clientele is a close second though.

But Ironman is unfuckable with.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5 beautiful intro song
2 Wild Flower 4/5 ghost is spittin fire here
3 The Faster Blade 5/5 fuckin dope cut
4 260 5/5 classic the beat is ill
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5 dope could've been longer though
8 Box in Hand 5/5 classic
9 Fish 4/5 dope
10 Camay 5/5 another classic
11 Daytona 500 5/5 classic
12 Motherless Child 5/5 illzzz
13 Black Jesus 5/5 Ugod is dope here
14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 rza and ghost killed it
15 All That I Got is You 5/5 ghost gets deep n shit

This album is classic!
surely it is....it's one of the 7 great classics of the wu tang

Ironman Starks
10-01-2005, 12:35 AM
2 Wild Flower 2,5/5 It's pure ghostface but Im not feeling that track

3 The Faster Blade 1/5 Only track I skip

10 Camay 2/5 oh I forgot: I skip camay too

14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 My favorite track of the album ! Damn how can RZA drop so much classic beats in one album ??? (three verses are ill !)

15 All That I Got is You 4,5/5 Mary J + Ghost = classic slow song ( some realness here)

^^^wildflower was crazyy i actually like the intro too "That was the best fuckin i have ever had!"

faster blade is not a 1/5....

camay is possible the best hip-hop love song ever IMO beat is hot and so is the teddy pendergrass sample

i actually skip after the smoke is clear

all that i got is you was aight the first time hearing it but i think ive listened to it maybe 3 times and ive had had the cd for maybe 8 years

everything else is fire

hotnikks
10-01-2005, 10:40 PM
When I need cheered up I stick on Daytona 500 I love this tune.
worrd i love to speed up when im in my ride and i hear this song.

THE W
10-02-2005, 08:37 AM
i thought i gave my comments on this album but i guess not so...

tracks 1 to 13 are the best...PERIOD. if this album were just these 13 tracks it would be my favorite album of all time over cuban linx or anything. the last 4 tracks just dont live up to the other 13 tracks. they're not neccesarily terrible but they're huge let downs after having my head explode listening to the first 13.

overall i give this album 9.7/10

deadlymelody
10-04-2005, 10:07 PM
This album was the last before Forever came out. I will say that this album is a classic, even thought there are 2 tracks I don't listen to very much. Not that they are bad, but just not up to par with all of the other absolutely fantastic tracks. Here's my review.

Iron Maiden-5/5-I love the intro with the kid "kiss my ass motherfucker." Good beat not the best on the album but it's really banging. Actually I might have to say Cappadonna came the best on this song which is pretty surprising but everyone knows that Cappadonna was a dope MC during this time frame. Shame he fell off.

Wildflower-5/5-I love the beat. Pretty simple but is just crazy. Ghost tells a story he's pretty explicit. I don't think anybody sets the scene better than Ghostface, this is why he's on of the best out there. You got to listen close, or you'll miss something from him, that's why he's an incredible MC. "If your pussy dry, spit on my dick and put it in." Dude's hilarious.

The Faster Blade-5/5-Love this track. Beat is bananas. Raekwon shows that through the time frame or 93-97 he was one of the best to do it. Dope song straight Cuban Linx style. Barely ever skip this.

260-4/5-Great song but thus far this beat is the lesser of what has been outstanding production. Sounds like some vintage Pete Rock with the horns. It's a great beat but not my favorite on the album. But Ghostface has a great but I think Rae outdid him on this song. Raekwon is a fucking great MC, so underrated.

Assassination Day-5/5-Man this song is crazy. RZA has a dope beat the man just never came out with anything bad in like 5 years. Good beat but lyrically this song is Wu Tang all the way. Nothing else can compare. Deck is ridiculous. Just absolutely kills this song. What's even crazier is that I think Masta Killa's verse is EVEN better. A lyrical classic. Everyone came great, RZA has a great verse too.

Poisonous Darts-4/5-Dope song. I love how Ghost gets quicker with the flow as the song progresses. Good beat. Simple but real fast. Ghost flows well with it. It's a short song so I do skip it sometimes but still great.

Winter Warz-5/5-Man this beat is one of my favorites. That horn type sound is just too dope. Classic RZA right here. Only thing is, when you play this in your car you better have a good system in your car otherwise your bass will blow out. U-God has a very underrated verse, probably 2nd best on this song. This song has one of my favorite Masta Killa verses mostly because his flow is perfect for this song. Cappa fucking donna was absolutely sick. A 2+ minute verse of crazy wordplay. I think this is one of the best verses I heard. He just murdered it.

Box In Hand-5/5-I love this track. Dope song sounds like it could have been on Liquid Swords with the weird sounds going on. Method Man easily has the best verse to me on here. Can't skip this track just classic grimy RZA type beat.

Fish-5/5-Man this track is classic. True Master, along with 4th Disciple, are 2 of the most underrated producers ever to exist. Yeah there's others out there. RJD2, Mathematics, DJ Muggs who are underrated but I think these 2 are the most underrated. True drops a dope beat sets up Ghost and Rae nicely. But once again, I think Cappa has the best verse it's crazy. Cappadonna was sick. Great track one of the best on here.

Camay-5/5-Great beat perfect for this type of song. Rae, Cappa, and Ghost are all sick on this song all have similar type verses. I think Ghostface came the best though. "Sup sugar, girl you look so good today." Awesome delivery on that line and on that entire verse.

Daytona 500-5/5-Another dope beat. I love the guitar. Who says having guitars in a hhip hop song are bad? It can be done very effectively and can't wait to hear the next clan album. I think Ghost has the best here but another great song.

Motherless Child-3/5-Here's one of the best tracks that I don't really listen to a lot simply because it's not up to par with all the others. Not a bad song by any means but it's not my favorite. Ghosts voice is slowed down which makes him sound different. It's still a good song but not my favorite.

Black Jesus-5/5-Man this track is fucking epic. Great beat. It just keeps building and building all up to the point of the climax of the song, which is easily when U-God starts in. It's tough to ignore Ghostface's and Rae's verses, but U-God without a doubt has the best verse on this song. U-God sucks? U-God is the worst? Man get the fuck out of here he can be great when he wants and he was here. Classic verse with great meaning to the lyrics. And he said he had to shorten the verse!

After the Smoke Is Clear-3/5-Another song I skip sometimes. This is probably the worst track on the album. I don't think Ghost and Rae knew how to flow to this beat but RZA did. RZA has a dope verse went perfect with the beat. Ok song nothing great.

All That I Got Is You-5/5-Shit is beautiful. Just great song all that needs to be said. Hard to skip this.

The Soul Controller-5/5-It's hard to describe this masterpiece of a song right here. This is musical nirvana to me. RZA is a fucking composer, not a producer. This beat can't be better, it's one of the best i've heard. Beautiful. Ghost was awesome on here too. This song is indescribable to me it's just simply perfect.

Marvel-4/5-Ok it's a dope beat but this song needed more verses. Sounds like GZA should have been on this one. Like 2 minutes of just the beat it needs to be filled with GZA or another member. This song could have been classic.

Well that's my review I do think this album is a classic. Now I know that people think "oh every track needs to be better than good." Yeah I agree with you to a point there should be no bad tracks. There aren't any BAD songs on the album. Too many great things about this album to not make it a classic. Some of my favorite RZA beats on here.

4-Bar Killer
10-05-2005, 07:17 AM
This was a crazy album, ob4cl was just a bit better in my opinion... every track is 4.5-5 but the standouts for me is: Winter Wars, Iron Maiden and last but not least 260 ! Thats one of the best tracks ever done... Raekwons verse is one of the best verses i ever heard...

"2 hours later, scheaming like deNiro in casino,
son better have more coke than Al Pacino"
those 2 lines makes me want to cry for days, they arent anything special lyrically but they just sounds sooo fucking ill...

midGet
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
This is my fav Ghost's album, production's one of the best....and Cappa droped some ill stuff right here.

Antibody
10-15-2005, 05:20 AM
1. Iron Maiden - 9/10 - don't like the intro much, otherwise it would be 10/10

2. Wildflower - 9/10 - didn't like it much at first, but Ghostface is really personal on this, and the beat is brilliant.

3. Faster Blade - 9/10 - one that grows on you, love the beat and Raekwons verse, but would have been 10/10 with a Ghostface verse.

4. 260 - 8/10 - I think the melody is a slowed down version of Iron Maiden... not sure, but they sound similar, nice track.

5. Assasination Day - 8.5/10 - this isn't special, but the verses make up for it.

6. Poisonous Darts - 5/10 - loved it at first, but I find it kinda boring after a while. Beat gets annoying.

7. Winter Warz - 8/10 - not as good as everyone says it is, but still decent.

8. Box in Hand - 8/10 - solid track.

9. Fish - 8/10 - another solid track, great beat.

10. Camay - 6/10 - eh... just don't like it as much as the others

11. Daytona 500 - 7/10 - nice track, but it aint my favourite, the singing at the begining is kinda annoying.

12. Motherless Child - 9/10 - under rated track, one of the best on the album.

13. Black Jesus - 8/10 - solid.

14. After the Smoke is Clear - 7/10 - great track, but it doesnt really standout.

15. All That I Got Is You - 7/10 - don't like the beat much, but Ghost's lyrics and Mary J Blige make it worthwhile

16. Marvel - 6.5/10 -decent track and all, but it coulda been better, maybe a few more verses on the end while the beat is playing for a few minutes, an extra Cappa or Rae verse woulda made this a brilliant ending to the album.

PolitiC
10-15-2005, 05:21 AM
i understand completely why so many ppl think this is ghosts greatest album but im still with supreme clientle

aight here it goes

1 Iron Maiden 4/5
2 Wild Flower 4.5/5 almost perefct track..i love the aggression
3 The Faster Blade 4/5 rae is on pont as usual
4 260 4/5 great track
5 Assassination Day 4.5/5 like wildflower this track is almost perfect..why isnt ghost on it?
6 Poisonous Darts 4.5/5 shouldve been longer
7 Winter Warz 4.5/5 its cappa season
8 Box in Hand 5/5 wu-banga
9 Fish 4/5 nice track
10 Camay 5/5 ..what can i say
11 Daytona 500 5/5 classic wu-banga
12 Motherless Child 4.5/5 almost perefect misses something tho
13 Black Jesus 5/5 wu-banga
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4.5/5
15 All That I Got is You 5/5
16 Soul Controller 5/5 yeah my version has it and its an classic track
16 Marvel 5/5 i love it

overall 5/5 album

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Iron Maiden has been getting to harsh reviews here. IT SHOULD BE A 6/5, let alone a 4/5, WAKE up, its the illest song on the album.

Also too many are leaving out Soul Controller, definite one of the strongest on the whole album, its also one of the illest laidback flows that Ghost ever spits.

Alcryt
10-15-2005, 07:06 AM
1 Iron Maiden 5/5

2 Wild Flower 5/5

3 The Faster Blade 5/5

4 260 4/5

5 Assassination Day 5/5 love tha track duno y ghost aint on it tho

6 Poisonous Darts 4/5

7 Winter Warz 5/5 classic

8 Box in Hand 5/5

9 Fish 5/5

10 Camay 4.5/5 good 2 listen 2 if ur sad r sumit

11 Daytona 500 5/5

12 Motherless Child 4/5 dont quite feel it as much as others

13 Black Jesus 5/5 luv tha u-god verse

14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 luv tha start of rza's verse jst sounds class

15 All That I Got is You 3.5/5 dont really lik this song that much

16 Marvel 5/5 like the beat good finisher imo

overall classic album |)

Bedlam
10-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Iron Maiden has been getting to harsh reviews here. IT SHOULD BE A 6/5, let alone a 4/5, WAKE up, its the illest song on the album.
WORD, I can't believe people liking Faster Blade more than this... The vibe on this song is incredible, it gets my amped as fuck. Iron Maiden is = to Winter Warz IMO

shingen
10-15-2005, 04:05 PM
woah faster blade is somethin you just dont skip

oh and your right about iron maiden but dont forget dat

Escobar_Incorporated
10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
ironman is a classic no doubt..

Ironman Starks
10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
best wu solo ....ever(imo the production of this from rza is just at an all time high and everyone in the clan save odb came hard on this lp)

its just tiiiiiight

what girl wants a pretty toney when she could have a IRONMAN

word

Ironman Starks
10-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Camay-5/5-Great beat perfect for this type of song. Rae, Cappa, and Ghost are all sick on this song all have similar type verses. I think Ghostface came the best though. "Sup sugar, girl you look so good today." Awesome delivery on that line and on that entire verse.

yo raekwon killed that track hard lol

"Yo, what's the deal Goldielochs?
Ain't buttin I'm just hibernatin love that watch
Pour me some Scotch and cold Courvesoir out"

^^^some of his best in that verse man

deadlymelody
10-19-2005, 08:46 PM
yo raekwon killed that track hard lol

"Yo, what's the deal Goldielochs?
Ain't buttin I'm just hibernatin love that watch
Pour me some Scotch and cold Courvesoir out"

^^^some of his best in that verse manCant say I disagree with you. They all were crazy on every song.

PN_00
11-06-2005, 09:11 PM
For me:

Iron Maiden: 5/5
Wildflower: 3.5/5
Faster Blade: 3/5
260: 4.5/5 - love rae's storytelling
Assassination Day: 2.5/5 - looking at who's on the track, should be like a new guillotine(swords) but doesn't turn out that well, especially the beat
Poisonous Darts: 4/5 - love this track
Winter Warz: 4.5/5 - crazy cappa verse, but beat loses .5 point
Box in Hand: 5/5 - meth rips it
Fish: 3.5/5 - nice beat
Camay: 2/5/5 - really don't like this track, almost always skip, least wu-like yet
Daytona 500: 5/5
Motherless Child: 3.5/5
Black Jesus: 3/5
After the Smoke is Clear: 5/5 - crazy beat, rae's classic verse
All that I got is You: 5/5
Marvel: 4/5
Soul Controller: 4/5

probably most critical review on this thread yet...but i'm not one to give songs 5/5 unless they're perfect...cuz that's what 5/5 means...

Alex36
11-08-2005, 03:23 PM
is a classic

braindamage702
11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
this cd will never get old, i got it the day it came out and still play that piece til this day
CLASSIC 10/10

Grongle
03-29-2006, 04:34 PM
i gota put this dwn az a classic , all that i got iz u iz a dope song , same with winter warz :)

Luther Large
03-29-2006, 04:42 PM
classic better than clientele in my opinion

tha realness
03-31-2006, 12:22 AM
9.5/10 slightly below SC which is 10/10 imo

Poetic Wun
04-06-2006, 04:53 PM
classic. just...*sigh, classic.

12weLvE
04-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Pure Classic:

1 Iron Maiden: 5/5
2 Wild Flower: 4.5/5
3 The Faster Blade: 5/5
4 260: 5/5
5 Assassination Day: 4.5/5 (would be a 5, but no Ghostface)
6 Poisonous Darts: 4/5
7 Winter Warz: 5/5 (*Cappa spits one of my favorite verses of all time)
8 Box in Hand: 5/5
9 Fish: 5/5
10 Camay: 5/5
11 Daytona 500: 4.5/5 (Would have been a 5, but cookie cutter hook)
12 Motherless Child: 4.5/5
13 Black Jesus: 5/5 (Mother Fucking U-God - "Finger Rolling Rhythem, Ride the horse one hand)
14 After The Smoke is Clear: 5/5
15 All That I Got is You: 5/5
16 Marvel: 4/5
17.Soul Controller: 5/5

Django
04-08-2006, 04:27 PM
i gotta cop this album!!!

zeppelin2k
05-15-2006, 09:42 PM
wildflower is banging, some haters for this song, he fucking rips this track gets pissed as fuck lol

Luther Large
05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
1 Iron Maiden: 5/5 (the movie sample in the intro is dope so is this song)
2 Wild Flower: 4/5
3 The Faster Blade: 4.5/5
4 260: 10/5 ( i got nothing to really say just look at the rating i luv this song)
5 Assassination Day: 10/5 (dope ass beat and 1 of INS best verses ever)
6 Poisonous Darts: 4.5/5
7 Winter Warz: 4.5/5
8 Box in Hand: 4/5 ( i wish they used the beat that they used the beat that played b4 the real 1 that wouldve been way better still good though)
9 Fish: 5/5 (dope ass beat and nice verse from RAE
10 Camay: 5/5 (1 of the best chick songs ive ever heard)
11 Daytona 500: 5/5 (really good beat and really good verses by all 3 mc's the hook is nice too)
12 Motherless Child: 5/5 ( really good storytelling)
13 Black Jesus: 4.5/5 (good song only bad thing is it's too fast 4 me but it's still dope)
14 After The Smoke is Clear: 5/5 (good funky beat)
15 All That I Got is You: 5/5 (good deep track ghost delivers well and mary's voice sounds nice)

1 of the best albums ever made!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironman Starks
05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
this cd will never get old, i got it the day it came out and still play that piece til this day
CLASSIC 10/10

co/sign

far better than Supreme Clientele

Ironman Starks
05-16-2006, 12:55 PM
the Box In Hand remix is alot better than the OG

Leo Angel
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
classic 10/10 (the same level as SC for me), the best tracks: Winter Warz (11/10), Daytona 500 (10,5/10), All That I Got Is You, Box In Hand, Fish, Black Jesus, Iron Maiden, Assassination Day

deadlymelody
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Couple of opinions changed on this album. One, I think of all the work Raekwon put in in his career, I believe the verses he had on this album are all among his best. Two, Daytona 500 is one of the best lyrical gems in all of hip hop of all time. Black Jesus too.

tacle
06-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Camay is my favourite song on this album you know, i started listenin' to it alot more and i think it's such a great track, sick arse beat.

deadlymelody
06-18-2006, 08:29 PM
the Box In Hand remix is alot better than the OG

I think they're about equal. Equally sick.

THE W
06-18-2006, 09:06 PM
poll

Longbongcilvaringz
06-19-2006, 12:53 AM
i think marvel is a worthy of being on the album, dope track.

classic album no doubt. rae, cappa and ghost come with some crazy verse.

Orion Nebulus
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Its trully one of the great Wutang cds. Tracks 1-14..including "after the smoke is clear" is pure dopeness. Now for the last 3 tracks....."all that I got is you" is so so to me. I mean its a trully deep track but its not one of my personal favorites.( uh oh I think I might offend cunt-with-teeth). "The soul controller" is not up there with the top 14 but still an ill track....and "marvel" is just dope. I love that track. I want to call this album a classic...I really do but to me it falls in the category of a banger.

Seborth
06-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Damn classic

Hollow Dartz
06-26-2006, 01:26 PM
1 Iron Maiden - NICE INTRO 4.5/5
2 Wild Flower - GHOST IS KILLIN ON THIS BITCH. 4.5/5
3 The Faster Blade - CLASSIC 5/5
4 260- FAST PACED STORY. 4.5/5
5 Assassination Day - CLASSIC 5/5
6 Poisonous Darts - FIRE 4.5/5
7 Winter Warz - FIRE CLASSIC U GOD VERSE4.5/5
8 Box in Hand - METH GOT BEST VERSE 4.5/5
9 Fish - NICE TRACK 4.5/5
10 Camay- CLASSIC 5/5
11 Daytona 500 - CLASSIC 5/5
12 Motherless Child - 4.5/5
13 Black Jesus - U GOD SHITS ON THE OTHER VERSES 5/5
14 After The Smoke is Clear - 4.5/5
15 All That I Got is You - 4.5/5

bEATS - 4.5/5
LYYRICS 4.5/5
OVERALL 4.5/5

Ironman Starks
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
i wont lie

after having this album first and just listenin to every second of it

on the black jesus track i always felt Raes verse more

and on Winter Warz U-Gods verse

i think the best verse on the album as a whole is Rae on Daytona 500 tied with Ghosts verse

abasi
07-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Gotta call it a classic
Fav track black jesus
Motherless child

ShaDynasty
07-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I think they're about equal. Equally sick.
nah the original box in hand was aiight
the beat is fuckin insane on the album version
album classic no doubt

tacle
07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Box In Hand is the most sickest beat on there, the intro beat is just bangin'.

Rebel_INS
07-08-2006, 03:15 AM
1.Iron Maiden - 5/5
2.Wildflower - 5/5
3.The Faster Blade - 4.5/5
4.260 - 5/5
5.Assassination Day - 5/5
6.Poisonous Darts - 5/5
7.Winter Warz - 5/5
8.Box In Hand - 5/5
9.Fish - 5/5
10.Camay - 5/5
11.Daytona 500 - 5/5
12.Motherless Child - 5/5
13.Black Jesus - 5/5
14.After The Smoke Is Clear - 4.5/5
15.All That I Got Is You - 5/5
16.The Soul Controller - 4.5/5

Classic Ghostface album. His best album IMO.

RZA puts out the dopest beats for this album, and the lyrics are def. on point every track.

11th Chamber
07-29-2006, 03:39 PM
after reading some of the reviews, how anyone could give 'All that I got is you' a 4/5 is beyond me.

5/5. CLASSIC. nuff said

bliss01
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
this is still my favrit ghost album. i love it like itz brand new... front to back 5/5

abasi
08-08-2006, 07:57 AM
best ghost album

Calculus
08-09-2006, 02:05 PM
13 Black Jesus 4/5 Very good track but I skip it sometimes because of the one that comes after !!!

ban.

The Wizzard
08-09-2006, 03:05 PM
All i gotta say about the Ironman album is "Fish", Best beat ever?

TAURO
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM
A complete classic, overall lyricism 10, overall production 10, nothing more I can add to that except if you don't own this album you don't deserve to call yourself a wu head.

Scrap that, you don't like hip hop if you don't have this.

Paco_Mtl
08-09-2006, 04:52 PM
"no smokin alarms, no smokin alarms, no smokin alarms, no smokin alarms......."

this album changed my LIFE

akademics101
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I remember when I was living in new york and this album came out. It was about 8 pm and my brother went inside the Nobody Beats The Wiz and came back to the car with the Ironman cd. He popped it in the car cd player with the tape deck adapter and played Iron Maiden while we were waiting for our parents to buy the rottiserie chicken from this nearby restaurant. If you can remember the first time you heard a song and remember the details vividly, ITS A CLASSIC.

1. Iron Maiden (5/5) <--- Great intro for the album. The beat is perfection.
2. Wildflower (5/5) <--- When the beat goes instrumental at the end, you will realize that The Rza is one of the best. Listen to those sounds. Genius.
3. The Faster Blade (5/5) <--- Why all the hate? This beat is dope as fuck and Raekwon is nice on this joint. Haters...
4. 260 (5/5) <--- That loop is dope and Rae & Ghost rip it to shreds. Classic.
5. Assassination Day (5/5) <--- CLASSIC WU
6. Poisonous Darts (4.5 / 5) <--- I'm not gonna lie, I skip it sometimes.
7. Winter Warz (5/5) <--- Classic Wu. An add-on from a movie soundtrack.
8. Box In Hand (5/5) <--- One of Rza's best beats ever. Period.
9. Fish (5/5) <--- Classic True Master production. " We eat fish..."
10. Camay (5/5) <--- This beat is so infectuous its not even funny. Classic
11. Daytona 500 (4.5/5) <--- I only listen to it when I'm in the mood for it.
12. Motherless Child (5/5) <--- Another add-on from a movie soundtrack.
13. Black Jesus (5/5) <--- U God. thats all I gotta say.
14. After The Smoke Is Clear (5/5) <--- Rza killed it.
15. All That I Got Is You (5/5) <--- I didn't like it at first. I mustve been nuts.
16. The Soul Controller (5/5) <--- The real ending of the album. Shame to see the re-release without it cause I finally have money to buy the cd only to find out it's not on the new ones. Thank god for my brothers copy.
17. Marvel (5/5) <--- After this track, you feel like the solo saga is over.

What a great run of solo albums from the clan. It's a shame we're never going to experience something like this ever again. But we will always have these albums to go to whenever we want to re-live our childhoods or the glorious days of Hip-Hop. A true classic.

John John Blaizini
09-28-2006, 11:58 AM
production is top notch favorite track on the album has got to be "Iron Maiden" the beat is wow.

Sicka than aidZ
09-28-2006, 11:49 PM
i wish i waz ghost

Sicka than aidZ
09-28-2006, 11:52 PM
"no smokin alarms, no smokin alarms, no smokin alarms, no smokin alarms......."

this album changed my LIFE
yep:spin:

Sparrow Daene
09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
wait a minute,, when did "The Soul Controller" get taken off the album? was it because there's about 20 minutes of samples from The Usual Suspects & Carlito's Way? ;)

and by the way, THERE IS NO SONG CALLED "Box In Hand" ON THIS ALBUM!!!

THE W
09-29-2006, 07:24 PM
and by the way, THERE IS NO SONG CALLED "Box In Hand" ON THIS ALBUM!!! what reissue did you get?

Sparrow Daene
09-29-2006, 07:27 PM
No I'm saying "Box In Hand" was left off the album due to sample clearence issues. That song featured Meth and Street. The song in its place also featured Meth but not Street, and had Raekwon on it. It's another case of miscrediting and mislabeling on wu-tang albums (esp. on Ghost's albums)

THE W
09-29-2006, 07:31 PM
that doesnt mean there's no box in hand on the album. they just remade the track.

Sparrow Daene
09-29-2006, 07:40 PM
? I really doubt that. Wouldn't they give proper credits where they were due if that were the case? If Method Man wasn't on the track on the album, no one would think that it was "Box In Hand". That's where the confusion derives from - I have it untitled on my ipod.

THE W
09-29-2006, 07:51 PM
thats where the screwup is at. they put the old credits on the album. on the glide u-god isnt credited even though he's on the track.

it happens.

and if the song really wasnt box in hand dont you think they would've fixed it on the reissue?

Sparrow Daene
09-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm sure they haven't fixed Liquid Swords at all - even 11 years later..

it's not like there was another song called "The Glide" somewhere that got cut before the album.. and a better analogy would be if La The Darkman or Rae were given credit for being on a song on which they are NOT featured

THE W
09-29-2006, 08:21 PM
i dont think LS was ever reissued either.

the point is that mistakes happen.

renagade410
10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
defintly a 5/5 classic album favorite songs are

-wildflower(when i found out my girl was cheating and fucking alot of niggas this song just took the words out my mouth)

-assasination day

-black jesus

Urban_Journalz
10-07-2006, 02:18 PM
And again. CLASSIC.
I don't know what it is, but this album just feels mad different from the other Clan solo joints. Those beats were grimy and at the same time STUPID MELODIC!!!! Like, 'Fish' and 'Assassination Day' you could hear playing in an opera house somewhere.

This is by far one of those albums that will never die.

Dante
10-07-2006, 03:07 PM
1. Iron Maiden (5)
2. Wildflower (5)
3. Faster Blade (5) Favorite song on the album, Rae at his best
4. 260 (5)
5. Assasination Day (5) Amazing beat
6. Poisonous Darts (5)
7. Winter Warz (5) Ghost and U-God had the best verses if you ask me
8. Box In Hand (Meth destroyed this track)
9, Fish (4)
10. Camay (4)
11. Daytona 500 (5) Raekwon and Ghost are carzy here, left Cappa in the dust
12. Motherles Child (4)
13. Black Jesus (5) U-God killed it
14. After The Smoke is Clear (4)
15. All That I Got Is You (4.5)
16 Marvel (5)

Classic album no doubt, but i have to say that Ghost was getting murked on a very good majority of this album.

pak_sharpe
10-10-2006, 10:16 AM
assoon as u hear that intro and his soulfull dark beats that are played all the way thru and the quality of the cameos and the support from rea its shit hot all that i got is u isnt even boring for me yet

jony wu tang
11-09-2006, 06:01 AM
swim starks sharks,this is tonys best solo album by far,assasination day,one of the best wu joints ever.this album beats all other ghost stuff

liquid_1_
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Iron Maiden 10/10
Wild Flower 10/10
The Faster Blade 10/10
260 10/10
Assassination Day 10/10
Poisonous Darts 10/10
Winter Warz 11/10
Box in Hand 10/10
Fish 10/10
Camay 10/10
Daytona 500 10/10
Motherless Child 10/10
Black Jesus 10/10
After The Smoke is Clear 10/10
All That I Got is You 10/10
Marvel 10/10

161/160 top 5 all time on my list. fuck man every track is great and Cappa kills on Winter Warz.

buckshotstheone
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM

yeah but have you ever heard a mysoginistic song spit with such intelligence, no matter how dirty or nasty that shit is it's still better than saying "i fuck mad bitches" like every other rapper does, at least ghost really brings out the emotion in his shit

buckshotstheone
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
all you rating this album track by track are forgetting Soul Controller which is easily one of the best joints on the album

ol dirty abbot
06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Classic, Ghostface's best album IMO. 5/5 favourite track Box In Hand. Rza's production still unbeatable on this album

Afficial_Nastee
06-16-2007, 03:19 PM
It's a good album but the beats on Iron Maiden and 260 are fuckin' irritating.
Box in Hand, Fish and After The Smoke Is Clear are the best tracks on this album and Raekwon kills it on Faster Blade.

Bucellito 136
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
of course this album is a classic i love all the tracks
could someone explain me what the hell means " discombumberate your technique" ??
i need help please
thanks
one love

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
It's a good album but the beats on Iron Maiden and 260 are fuckin' irritating.
Box in Hand, Fish and After The Smoke Is Clear are the best tracks on this album and Raekwon kills it on Faster Blade.

Wow! Iron Maiden is one of my favourite tracks, and one of my favourite beats!

What you doin on our turf punk?

Nokturnal Mortum
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
of course this album is a classic i love all the tracks
could someone explain me what the hell means " discombumberate your technique" ??
i need help please
thanks
one love

"Discombobulate your technique"

dis·com·bob·u·late /ˌdɪskəmˈbɒbyəˌleɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dis-kuhm-bob-yuh-leyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.
to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers.

LuckyTheWonderDog
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
^^ Funny cos ages ago I looked that lyric up on google and couldn't believe some of the errors in what they had down.

Bucellito 136
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
thanks i saw some errors and nobody corrected it on all the net that sucks

Dr Sleepwalker
11-06-2007, 05:54 PM
my favorite album of all time.. classic for me

pea2e

bad boy T
11-08-2007, 06:21 AM
1 Iron Maiden 5/5 good beat Rae Ghost and Capp spit fire
2 Wild Flower 3/5 It was aight not the best Wu track
3 The Faster Blade 4/5 Pretty dope
4 260 4/5 good strong Wu track
5 Assassination Day 5/5 One of my fav tracks on the album
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5 pretty sick track
7 Winter Warz 4/5 I agree Cappadona is definitly on fire on this track
8 Box in Hand 4/5 Dope!
9 Fish 4/5 I like this it's got a good atmosphere about it
10 Camay 4/5 Ill track
11 Daytona 500 4/5 good track
12 Motherless Child 5/5 sick as ghost gets
13 Black Jesus 5/5 Dam this is an amazing track the beat, the lyrics, the featured guest
14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 Love this
15 All That I Got is You 5/5 Deep track what Ghost does best
16 Marvel 5/5 Love this beat RZA and Ghost killed it

9.5/10

THE W
11-08-2007, 08:07 AM
iron maiden 10/10
wildflower 10/10
faster blade 10/10
260 10/10
assassination day 10/10
poisonous darts 10/10
winter warz 10/10
box in hand 10/10
fish 10/10
camay 10/10...one of the best hiphop loves songs there is.
daytona 500 10/10
motherless child 10/10
black jesus 10/10
after the smoke is clear 6.5/10
all that i got is you 5/10
soul controller 8/10
marvel 8/10

if this album ended at black jesus this would be my favorite album of all time. tracks 1-13 are 100% GUTZ. soul controller and marvel have grown on me over the years. cant get into ATSIC and ATIGIU.

na diel
11-08-2007, 08:09 AM
CLASSIC: How could it not be>?

fortyglock
11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
13 Black Jesus 5/5 Dam this is an amazing track the beat, the lyrics, the featured guest
14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 Love this
15 All That I Got is You 5/5 Deep track what Ghost does best
16 Marvel 5/5 Love this beat RZA and Ghost killed it
A 9 or 9.5/10 album for me. I guess it can be seen as a soulful follow up to cuban linx. Like raekwon on ob4cl, ghost pretty much gets outshined on all tracks with guests, but at the same time he was very sharp and on point, not taking anything away from him. However for me, wildflower, poisonous darts, black jesus, after the smoke is clear and marvel had beats which didnt QUITE stand up to the others on the album, but they were by no means weak; just expected a bit more. Other than that its a really great album.

KERZO
11-22-2007, 07:31 AM
'Ironman' is ghosts best album fo sure...heres my ratings

3 The Faster Blade 5/5 Rae kills this track
6 Poisonous Darts 5/5 I agree it coulda been longer
7 Winter Warz 5/5 cappa's dopest verse to date
8 Box in Hand 5/5 great verses
16 Marvel 4/5 good left-field beat

Maccabee Ridah
05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Ghostface Killah - Ironman

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/610FsKntp%2BL._SS500_.jpg

Ironman is the debut album by Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah.Compared to other first generation solo albums released by Wu-Tang members, it is slightly different owing much of its thematic scope, mythology and samples from classic 1960s and ’70s blaxploitation as well as Kung Fu films. It is also notable for being more open in its references to the Nation of Gods and Earths and the Clan's beliefs as a whole as is illustrated in the vocal interlude before the song “Black Jesus.”
Contrary to the earlier Wu-Tang solo albums, in which the emcees involved were believed to be infallible (Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., Liquid Swords), Ghostface is very "human" here, with a tribute to his mother on "All That I Got Is You" and a song about one of his past women on "Wildflower". Ghost rhymes on this album with a unique uptempo, stream-of-consciousness style. The album is filled with collaborations and only two tracks ("Wildflower","Poisonous Darts") feature Ghostface on his own. The two most prominently featured artists are Raekwon and Cappadonna, appearing on 13 and 5 tracks respectively. They accompany Ghost on the album's cover and their names are also featured on the cover.
On this album, Ghostface discovers a new and highly praised lyrical style, which he would continue to use on his highly acclaimed second album Supreme Clientele. On this LP, producer RZA combines the dark keyboard tones (which were heavily used on Liquid Swords) and the soul samples (which were heavily used on Only Built for Cuban Linx) to create a soulful and melodic yet dark and harsh feel that would later influence many other Wu-Tang releases, such as Wu-Tang Forever and Uncontrolled Substance, and many other East Coast artists.

Track list:
1. "Iron Maiden"
* First verse: Raekwon
* Second verse: Ghostface Killah
* Third verse: Cappadonna
* Contains samples from "Gotta Find a New World" by Al Green and dialogue excerpts from the film "The Education of Sonny Carson"
2. "Wildflower"
3. "The Faster Blade"
* Performed by: Raekwon
4. "260"
* First verse: Ghostface Killah
* Second verse: Raekwon
* Contains samples from "You Ought to Be with Me" by Al Green
5. "Assassination Day"
* sample from "The Usual Suspects"
* First verse: Inspectah Deck
* Second verse: RZA
* Third verse: Raekwon
* Fourth verse: Masta Killa
6. "Poisonous Darts"
* Chorus: Raekwon
* Contains dialogue excerpts from the film Mystery of Chessboxin'
7. "Winter Warz"
* Chorus: Raekwon
* First verse: U-God
* Third verse: Masta Killa
* Fourth verse: Cappadonna
8. "Box In Hand"
* Intro: The Force M.D.s
* First verse & bridge: Raekwon
* Third verse: Method Man
9. "Fish"
* Second verse: Cappadonna
* Third verse: Raekwon
* Contains samples from "Change is Gonna Come" by Otis Redding and dialogue from the film Crying Freeman
* Producer: True Master
10. "Camay"
* Second verse: Cappadonna
* Third verse: Ghostface Killah
* Contains samples from "Can't We Try?" by Teddy Pendergrass
11. "Daytona 500"
* Intro & chorus: The Force M.D.s
* Third verse: Cappadonna
* Contains samples from "Nautilus" by Bob James, "Turn the Beat Around" by Vicki Sue Robinson, "Crab Apple" by Idris Muhammed, "Da Mystery of Chessboxin'" by Wu-Tang Clan, "Incarcerated Scarfaces" by Raekwon & "Ice Water" by Raekwon
12. "Motherless Child"
* Contains samples from "Motherless Child" and "Into Something (I Can't Shake Loose)" by O.V. Wright
13. "Black Jesus"
* Intro: Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Popa Wu
* Third verse: U-God
* Contains samples from "Riot" by Blackbyrds
14. "After The Smoke Is Clear"
* Intro, bridge & outro: The Delfonics
* Second verse: Raekwon
* Third verse: RZA
15. "All That I Got Is You"
* Chorus & second verse: Mary J. Blige
* Outro: Popa Wu
* Contains samples from "Maybe Tomorrow" by Jackson 5
16. "The Soul Controller" (This track was removed in later releases of the album due to the sample it contained.)
* Intro, chorus & outro: The Force M.D.s
* Outro: Popa Wu
* Contains samples from "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke and excerpts from the films Carlito's Way and The Usual Suspects
17. "Marvel"
* Second verse: RZA

Can't believe u haven't opened thread for this, for me, legendary ghost's album. I must say, it is, maybe, my favorite ghostface's album. Released in 96, u can still feel that golden age influence. Songz like Motherless Child, Winter Warz (best Cappa's verse for me ever), Daytona 500, Iron Maiden, Wildflower & Black Jesusu r true classic.

Flow - 9/10
Beats - 10/10 (unique RZA's)
Lyrics - 8/10

Album - 10/10

TheWolf
05-16-2008, 10:50 AM
10/10. Dope!!

Forever
Liquid Swords
IronMan.

Tony Bandana
05-17-2008, 03:55 PM
i dunno man ..uts up there up there..

prolly my fave of his.

Poisinoius Dartz is ill

ONGH

Sgt Holly Wood
05-18-2008, 01:56 AM
an amazing album, 9/10

supreme clientele is his best imo

D-Infinite
05-18-2008, 03:36 AM
In order:

Enter The 36 Chambers
Wu Tang Forever
Only Built For Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Ironman
Return To The 36 Chambers
Tical
Bobby Digital In Stereo
The Pillage

Its up there, absolutely unreal.

9th Chamber
05-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Classic!!!

Maccabee Ridah
05-18-2008, 09:16 AM
As I previously said, legendary ghost's album. I must say, it is, maybe, my favorite ghostface's album. Released in 96, u can still feel that golden age influence. Songz like Motherless Child, Winter Warz (best Cappa's verse for me ever), Daytona 500, Iron Maiden, Wildflower & Black Jesusu r true classic.

Flow - 9/10
Beats - 10/10 (unique RZA's)
Lyrics - 8/10

Album - 10/10

Maccabee Ridah
05-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Damn there iz thread bout this shyt...Here it iz! (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1174776&posted=1#post1174776) So you can lock thiz 1, no need for it..!!!

PS-Some1 should up-date first thread consisting albums list.

portis24
05-18-2008, 10:38 AM
man i love that daytona 500 track and the black jesus one too

NaturalBornKilla
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
this album is soooo good I listined to it all day at work yesterday

NaturalBornKilla
08-02-2009, 05:40 PM
All That I Got is You is my favorite track on this album

theheavens
11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
does anybody know what possessed him to record "Wildflower"? I like the track and all, but is it based on a real chick who flaked on him or something? he sounds bitter as hell on that song...

"I fucked you while you were bleeding, held you down in malls"

"sexually, you worshipped my dick like a cross"

Surreptitious
11-18-2009, 01:02 AM

and Assassination Day

same thing crossed my mind when I read that

when a track starts like this:

"I move through the third world, my third eye's the guiding light
Invite the fight, we all die tonight"

amazing

truemath4th
02-02-2014, 10:52 PM
The best solo with liqid sword
Im the only guy to love poisonous darts??
Ghost has a perfect energy with the beat

Iron maiden 5
Wild flower 5 ( amazing beat , first jammie summers apparence
Faster blade 4,5
260 5 perfect
Assasination day classic like 4th chamber
Poissonous darts 5 classic
Winter warz 5 ( but the chorus is boring)
Box in hand 5 (weird but dope)
Fish 5 100 % wu
Camay 5
Dayto 5 ( but i dont listen much)
Mothetless 5
Black jesus 4,5 ( its maybe the beat i like less althouhgt its fire
After... 5 funny beats and rza verse is great
All i got... 5
Soul controller 4,5 too long, but i really like the third verse , cf : the same beat kb riddin
Marvel 5 perfect classic rza beat

Best track
Assassination day
Poissonoys darts
Marcel
After the smoke
All i got and wildflower