PDA

View Full Version : FUCK IT moments in gaming

Mic Tyson
03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
you know how it goes. dumb shit it games where u want to (or do) throw your controller at the wall or go crazy cuz the computer fuckin cheats or u died and u were so close to beating a game. a fuck it moment just makes u turn the game off and not even mess wit it for awhile.

ive had a lot

my most recent was when i played this cocksucker online in nba 2k9 and he picked the knicks. he would use nate robinson and literally run around in circles on the court until he could lose my defender and then hit a three. there was nothin i could do cuz the computer on defense sucks. he scored like 65 points wit the little nigga. i ended up winning, but not before i slammed my xbox controller on the floor and now all the buttons is jammed and shit

post your fuck it moments

Kingkazim
03-25-2009, 12:20 PM
oh my...make some fucking space

1. In fifa..im winning 3-0, suddenly my internet cuts off, and i lose the game...FUCK IT
2.COD4, when it lags and you cant hit anyone...FUCK THAT SHITT
3. any PES game on the psp FUCK IT
4. Xbox 360....FUCK IT

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
1. In fifa..im winning 3-0, suddenly my internet cuts off, and i lose the game...FUCK IT
T

Thats the other person disconnecting because they are losing.

thats what I hate most about FIFA online, gays that do that.

beautifulrock
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Play Abadox for the original NES for 10 minutes, your controller won't survive.

Tage
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM

nah he was beating me... and i got the win cus he got disconnected.

OBVIOUSLY i could have come back and won. plus, i think it was only 2-0.

Tage
03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
the main FUCK IT moment recently for me has been...

saving in the last (locked) room on Fallout 3... then realising im stuck and cant continue side missions, and can only complete the game. FUCK IT...

... nah that wasnt a FUCK IT moment, that was a AARRRGH *snap game disc* moment

Kingkazim
03-25-2009, 01:34 PM

Ye thats true.
but in my case it says ive signed out and that my ea sports fing got disconnected. i hate that problem with passion.

yo "wu" tage....i battered you, u must feel ashamed getting beat by man utd! (the random rude outburst makes me feel better)

Mic Tyson
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
the main FUCK IT moment recently for me has been...

saving in the last (locked) room on Fallout 3... then realising im stuck and cant continue side missions, and can only complete the game. FUCK IT...

... nah that wasnt a FUCK IT moment, that was a AARRRGH *snap game disc* moment

damn thats real fucked up right there.

another time for me is when im playin madden and one of the last plays of the game when ur winning by a little bit a lot of the times you will fumble and the other teams' lineman will run it back for like a 80 yard touchdown. the crazy part is that none of ur wide receivers catch up to him.

happened many times

Razorsharp
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
the last stage of Marc Ecko's game, took me 2 hours last stage, almost finished, and then next thing u know it glitches, and im stuck in a room with no way to get out -__-

i still have yet to beat it, i say FUCK IT

Mr. X
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Ninja Gaiden boss fights
Facing the Elite Four in Pokemon when you only have 1 pokemon really strong and every other one is crap.
Dante Must Die mode

Tage
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Facing the Elite Four in Pokemon when you only have 1 pokemon really strong and every other one is crap.
Dante Must Die mode

^fuckin ay! the elite 4 in pokemon are the shit. i fucked them over with me charizard about 10 years ago though....

DMD is intense... but its a bitch you have to unlock the difficulty.

Mr. X
03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I have Easiest Mode and DMD left to beat in DMC3 and I wanted to do easiest last but DMD is just crazy.

Tage
03-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I was a bit annoyed that there aren't trophies for DMC4... even though there are xbox achievements for it.

Paranoid
03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
one word

Contra

co-sign on the Ninja Gaiden bosses too

BRONZBODY
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Play Abadox for the original NES for 10 minutes, your controller won't survive.man B-rock you aint never lied son....it was more like 4 minutes for me tho lol

BRONZBODY
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
one word.....

ALMA.

you played ninja gaiden or ng black you know what im talking about

Paranoid
03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
and how could I forget

Mega Man games

Mr. X
03-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Dude, don't bring up Megaman games. That shit pisses you off for the rest of the week.

sdeblasi
03-25-2009, 04:35 PM
and how could I forget

Mega Man games

oh man so many hours playin these growin up, so many "fuck its" haha

i remember when i finally beat a mega man game i actually felt like i did something heroic almost lol, like i felt relieved of this huge fucking burden

Mic Tyson
03-25-2009, 04:36 PM
^^^^^megaman zero for gameboy was the hardest fucking megaman game ive played

Tecknowledgist
03-25-2009, 04:40 PM
ANYBODY HERE EVER PLAY STUNTMAN FOR PS2?!?!?

hoooooolyyyyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuuck. never been so angry at a game in my life. shit was ridiculous what they expected you to do. i punched my controller until it broke apart and my knuckles were all bloody.

but the all time worst FUCK IT moment

is when you're in one of those "play the same game for six hours" days and you havent saved, all of a sudden. random power outage. or the game freezes.

its the worst feeling in the world, because you never want to play the game again

Razorsharp
03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
and how could I forget

Mega Man games

Dude, don't bring up Megaman games. That shit pisses you off for the rest of the week.

im proud to say i beat 1-9

=] CHEA

some fuck it moments, but totally worth it =]

Rame
03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
ANYBODY HERE EVER PLAY STUNTMAN FOR PS2?!?!?

hoooooolyyyyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuuck. never been so angry at a game in my life. shit was ridiculous what they expected you to do. i punched my controller until it broke apart and my knuckles were all bloody.

but the all time worst FUCK IT moment

is when you're in one of those "play the same game for six hours" days and you havent saved, all of a sudden. random power outage. or the game freezes.

its the worst feeling in the world, because you never want to play the game again

I think I didn't even finish level 1 in Stuntman, I took it back to the store the next day.

The first xbox didn't save or deleted games when you took out the plug after turning it off.
I liked playing King Kong but I haven't played that since my save got deleted.

I hate it when I have to start all over.

Same with the first Call of Duty games on the xbox, when you died sometimes you had to go back 15 minutes of gaming.

Fuck That!

Uncle Steezo
03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
wii-clone wars lightsaber duels on jedi master level vs the sith droid
the muhfukka flat out cheats
http://www.starwars.com/img/kids/do/draw/f20081125/step1.jpg

Paranoid
03-25-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/seth-in-street-fighter-4.jpg

This scumbag on any mode higher then medium

INF
03-25-2009, 05:54 PM
and how could I forget

Mega Man games

that was all I could think of when reading this thread. Megaman 1 thru 4 specifically

RagnaroK
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Besides Nintendo times where the console and the controller got hit, kick, spit, thrown, hated and bullied (those where the time that consoles weren't delicate)
for these days i got to go with online gameplay first is Soul Calibur IV i thought i was good at the game knowing the move and combos aren't enough to play against mother fuckers that don't even give you a chance to swing your weapon using only stunning moves one after the another i can't get out of the stun don't know how i get my ass beat every time by those kinds of players.

second is MGS4 online again for me to kill some one i got to get Rambo on his ass waste all of my ammo for him to just turn around and kill me with one bullet like i was a fly on his food thats why i hate leveling up on online everybody should be on the same level and let skills decide the battle

Mumm Ra
03-25-2009, 07:19 PM
I think the final guy in Wu-Tang Shaolin Style is the only boss of ANY game I've ever played that I can not beat for the life of me, and this bothers me

Drunken Monk
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
play ya game

oDoUoSoKo
03-25-2009, 07:52 PM
alot of these moments happen in fighting games for me especially when fighting bosses..eloels (Gill, Seth, Shao Kahn, Jinpachi..etc)...otherwise..when i first had to fight the metal gears as Raiden in mgs2 on like hard or very hard..w/e.

Paranoid
03-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Final Fantasy XI has alot of fuck it moments

Particularly if you're level 75 and you die

Thats a 2,000 experience point loss without resurrection (Basically like 30-45 minutes of time invested in the game, down the drain)

So multiple deaths in a row can cause you to want to break everything in the room

Snap the disc in half

And then commit suicide

Death is very serious in FFXI just like in real life, cant fool around in this game

Strictly 4 the hardcore

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
03-25-2009, 11:18 PM

one of my most hated FUCK IT MOMMENT

was i was playing Mega Man 6 and i got up to wind man and i was owning him almost beat him all of sudden dude busts out a move and fucking killed me in the process and i wanted to smash my controller at the time

and recently i'm playing City of Heroes on my PC and i'm in the middle of mission fighting some bad guys and my fucking computer rather the game lost map connection to the game's sever and i died in the process i wanted to pc kick the crap out my pc so baddly

Mic Tyson
03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
another one was when i was playing WOW and accidentally went to an area where the enemies were way stronger than me. i kept dying and the fuckin graveyard where u respawn was right in the middle of the fuckin area. i couldn't get out of this area cuz they kept killing me

haven't played it since

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 12:03 AM
another one was when i was playing WOW and accidentally went to an area where the enemies were way stronger than me. i kept dying and the fuckin graveyard where u respawn was right in the middle of the fuckin area. i couldn't get out of this area cuz they kept killing me

haven't played it since

lol

why didn't you use your Hearthstone to get out of there?

Mic Tyson
03-26-2009, 12:06 AM
remind me of what that is again this was like almost 3 years ago lol

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 12:15 AM
remind me of what that is again this was like almost 3 years ago lol

its a stone that you start out with

when you use it, it teleports you to whatever town Inn you set it to

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 12:16 AM
But fuck WoW, it used to be great but then they ruined it

if you want a serious MMORPG get Final Fantasy XI for 360/PS2/PC

THE MASON
03-26-2009, 12:25 AM
I have Easiest Mode and DMD left to beat in DMC3 and I wanted to do easiest last but DMD is just crazy.

i said fuck it to the whole game, if you beat that game, i bow to your gaming status, the fucking hardest game i ever played

FUCK IT!!!

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Dynasty Warriors 6 on the hardest mode can be pretty intense also

Cherez
03-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Hahahaha, try this: http://www.addictinggames.com/theworldshardestgame.html

This game made me crazy!

I gave up at level 10!

Razorsharp
03-26-2009, 05:04 AM
getttin a gold chocobo in FFVII

Mic Tyson
03-26-2009, 09:18 AM

hell yeah i remember that too. never got one

RagnaroK
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
trying to beat Ruby Weapon without a guide

Ninja Gaiden from Xbox on hard mode was impossible for me only reach second stage

Grand Turismo doing one of those 200 laps race after half way the lights go out

Tage
03-26-2009, 12:27 PM

^me an butter(from this board) when we were kids, once stayed up all night tryin to breed the fuckers. in the mornin we realised you had to race to get different types of chocobos... that was a FUCK IT! moment.

Mic Tyson
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
man fuckin FFVII was so hard for me cuz i was only 8 when i played it. i didn't understand half the story and the basics of an rpg neither. somehow i got to the final boss though. but then said FUCK IT cuz it was 3 bosses in a row and my team was weak as fuck

Razorsharp
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
^me an butter(from this board) when we were kids, once stayed up all night tryin to breed the fuckers. in the mornin we realised you had to race to get different types of chocobos... that was a FUCK IT! moment.

yeah me and my friend were trying to get a gold chocobo as well, once we found it was anything but golden, hold all trigger buttons and START + SELECT... haha

Tage
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
^yeah, i think i accidentally pressed those buttons(in a FUCK IT! moment) before saving once... and it RESTARTED!

WHY SQUARE? the reset button wasnt that far away!!!

Razorsharp
03-26-2009, 02:47 PM
hahaha... easy access!!^

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 04:33 PM
FF7 definitely had some fuck it moments

But usually in games like that when I can't beat a boss or whatever

I just keep leveling my party until they are strong enough to beat it

This strategy is quite effective

This doesn't apply to Ruby Weapon or gold chocobo tho

beautifulrock
03-26-2009, 05:26 PM
The only fuck it moment I ever had in a Final Fantasy was in part IX, the stupid jump rope side game. Yup, beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon, beat Kefka and Sephiroth on the first try, got every single character to 9999 damage per hit in final fantasy 3, done just about everything including endless card matches in part 8 and 9, and endless blitzball tournaments in X and X2, but that motherfucking jumprope exercise, changing speeds and patterns, and then you find out later all you get is 1/99th of an Airship or something completely useless and stupid like that, I wanted to kill somebody.

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 05:28 PM
The only fuck it moment I ever had in a Final Fantasy was in part IX, the stupid jump rope side game. Yup, beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon, beat Kefka and Sephiroth on the first try, got every single character to 9999 damage per hit in final fantasy 3, done just about everything including endless card matches in part 8 and 9, and endless blitzball tournaments in X and X2, but that motherfucking jumprope exercise, changing speeds and patterns, and then you find out later all you get is 1/99th of an Airship or something completely useless and stupid like that, I wanted to kill somebody.

lol

beautifulrock
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
It's a Key Item called KING OF JUMP ROPE, which coincidentally, does nothing. Basically it's for bragging rights, you can have your friends over and show them, look, I can push a button 1000 times repeatedly without my thumb falling off. How great am I?

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
It's a Key Item called KING OF JUMP ROPE, which coincidentally, does nothing. Basically it's for bragging rights, you can have your friends over and show them, look, I can push a button 1000 times repeatedly without my thumb falling off. How great am I?

i vaguely remember it

i never really fucked with mini games much in FF games unless they were required to continue with the story

except for FF7 with the gold saucer that shit was awesome

the FF8 card game was nice, i didnt like the FF9 card game as much

Blitz Ball was cool

beautifulrock
03-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Yea well, you know before I go and spoil the whole thing by reading a faggy strategy guide, I like to try to do as much in the game as I can on my own and I'm very meticulous, so the fact that I spent so much time on this one stupid aspect of the game with nary a reward is just infuriating, it's probably the only time I honestly remember being "angry" with one of those games.

Paranoid
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Yea well, you know before I go and spoil the whole thing by reading a faggy strategy guide, I like to try to do as much in the game as I can on my own and I'm very meticulous, so the fact that I spent so much time on this one stupid aspect of the game with nary a reward is just infuriating, it's probably the only time I honestly remember being "angry" with one of those games.

i hate using guides, i too like to just play the game and figure shit out on my own but sometimes with FF you just have to cuz you don't know what the fuck you're supposed to do and sometimes you miss out on shit if you don't use one

like in FFIV i accidentally gave a character an augment that i could never get back cuz you lose that character at one point and lost the augment with him. this was a huge fuck it moment for me and i stopped playing, near the end of the game too....got fucked over real back cuz i didnt use a guide and i now have to start a new game

and ill definitely be breaking my neck lookin down at that damn guide this time around

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
i said fuck it to the whole game, if you beat that game, i bow to your gaming status, the fucking hardest game i ever played

FUCK IT!!!

i almost did that when playing FF 7 when i realized i didn't have the right material in help defeating certain bad guy right b4 finding vincent it pissed me the fuck off

Mic Tyson
03-26-2009, 07:53 PM
i need to play FFVII again i know i could beat that shit this time

Razorsharp
03-27-2009, 01:27 AM
FF7 definitely had some fuck it moments

But usually in games like that when I can't beat a boss or whatever

I just keep leveling my party until they are strong enough to beat it

This strategy is quite effective

This doesn't apply to Ruby Weapon or gold chocobo tho

i still cant beat ruby weapon, i dont know how my friend took forever on emerald, he was easy, but ruby, he said was easy, WEAK

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
03-27-2009, 01:36 AM
i still cant beat ruby weapon, i dont know how my friend took forever on emerald, he was easy, but ruby, he said was easy, WEAK

RUBY WAS TOUGH BUT IF YOU WERE LEVEL ENOUGH YOU COULD BEAT HIM

Razorsharp
03-27-2009, 02:26 AM
im at like lvl 100... HAHAHHA... i think i need to lvl up all my summons, for all characters so if they get knocked out anyone has it

Paranoid
03-27-2009, 02:26 AM

theres a strategy to kill ruby i dont remember it

i think it might of had something to do with the phoenix summon

i could be completely wrong tho, memory is too vague

RagnaroK
03-27-2009, 08:16 AM
The easiest way is with a mastered Knights Of The Round Summon to get it you need a Gold Chocobo also high level characters and a good set up to keep you alive a great one is with the Phoenix combine with a the blue Materia that offers you one last move when you die(forgot the name of it) also use Dazers or Stop on him
before you go into battle you need to kill 2 of your friends so Ruby won't suck them into the sand when the fight start revive them and abuse Knight Of The Round Summon.

of course there is other ways but are too complicated
look at this unholy person beat him with just cloud and without materia
pt 1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vfqTMqFbVRw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vfqTMqFbVRw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
pt 2
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQbL-9QToVo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQbL-9QToVo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
pt 3
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7HG_N_raumc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7HG_N_raumc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

beautifulrock
03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Knights of the round + Master Summon + Mimic

save yourself a lot of time

baby jesus
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Whoever Said Stuntman That Shit Will Make You Break Your Fuckin Controller I Had To Stop Playing That Shitty Game.

Also Any Level In A Game That Is Fuckin Crazy Hard That Takes You Foreever To Beat And You Get Through It Like Damn I Got Lucky I'll Never Be Able To Beat That Board Again But Theres Like One More Normal Jump Left And You Fuck It Up Somehow.

For Instance Donkey Kong For Super Nitendo The Barrel Board Gave Me The Biggest Trouble I Think The Last Barrel Shoot Is Just A Normal One I Finally Got Through To That Part Just To Accidentlly Fuck It Up. I Was Livid.

Playing My Brother In Any Game When We Were Kids We Use To Fuckin Battle And The Games Would Get Intense But One Time I Was Winning In Madden With Only Seconds Left On The Clock On Like My Own 10 I Though It Was 3rd Down So I Took A Knee To Finish The Game Yeah Well It Was 4th Down The Clock Stopped He Got The Ball Back And Scored The Winning Td. How I Didnt Smash Everything In My Path I Really Dont Know How.

Hollow Dartz
03-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Star Ocean... I got rid of that shit because i could'nt beat it lol..

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
03-27-2009, 10:03 PM
im at like lvl 100... HAHAHHA... i think i need to lvl up all my summons, for all characters so if they get knocked out anyone has it

that's what i did when i played all though it took me 6 months to beat the game cuz i hard to restart it numerous times

Mic Tyson
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
fightin that baldheaded fucker chai in shenmue pissed me off. u didn't have to beat him but it was possible and i tried but he cheated like a bitch

Mr. X
03-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Xenogears. I'm an RPG player who sticks with the same characters all game. I lost one of these character for story purposes and got to the last boss without grinding my other party and I need them now, but they are so low leveled they miss. Said FUCK IT!

Think I'll restart the game over soon though.

The Hound
03-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Trying to capture Zapdos without a fucking Master Ball.

Mic Tyson
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Trying to capture Zapdos without a fucking Master Ball.

hahahaahahaha i had to do that shit cuz i used it on one of the other birds. put that muthafucka to sleep and spam the shit outta them ultra ball and after about 40 he'll finally get caught.

u think thats hard, try catchin mewtwo without a master ball

Paranoid
03-28-2009, 08:59 PM
u think thats hard, try catchin mewtwo without a master ball

pretty sure that is impossible

Mic Tyson
03-28-2009, 09:08 PM
i did it but i saved before i fought him it was hard as fuck.

Paranoid
03-29-2009, 05:46 AM
i did it but i saved before i fought him it was hard as fuck.

hmmmm

interesting

shaolinsword
03-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Knights of the round + Master Summon + Mimic

save yourself a lot of time

It helps if you have a mastered final move paired with a mastered pheonix as well

The main one [and most recent] I can think of atm has to be getting the 40x multiplier on a Burnout Paradise stunt run

Razorsharp
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Xenogears. I'm an RPG player who sticks with the same characters all game. I lost one of these character for story purposes and got to the last boss without grinding my other party and I need them now, but they are so low leveled they miss. Said FUCK IT!

Think I'll restart the game over soon though.

this game... dammit i never beat it... i got like to the point where this guy i forgot the storyline and characters i was like 10.. HAHA.. but he reduced ur life to 1 in the beginning of battle, and me stupidly sold all my repair or restoring HP parts, so yeah im screwed, ahahaha... i even tried using CHU CHU hahaha

and everyone else, as far as ruby weapon, i think i havent really tried and mastered all the summons, i mean i have most mastered, not all, haha, ill try over summer or someting, if i try now, ill never do hw hahaha

Tage
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM
im currently in the process of installing and getting FFVII on ROM.

i own a version of FF9 and have give it a little rip(feels weird playing FF on my PC)

long live Cloud Strife.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Hahahaha, try this: http://www.addictinggames.com/theworldshardestgame.html

This game made me crazy!

I gave up at level 10!

ah jesus, this was fucking terrible.

the iLLziLLa
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
im goin way back to the days of the nes on yall..... Ghosts 'N Goblins... that game was ridiculously difficult.. i spent waaaay too many hours on that stupid game back in the day

Razorsharp
03-30-2009, 08:57 PM
im goin way back to the days of the nes on yall..... Ghosts 'N Goblins... that game was ridiculously difficult.. i spent waaaay too many hours on that stupid game back in the day

ohhh shiiit... REP!

i feel ya, on genesis, i remember beating the game with my cousin, and then we were like WTF, we gotta beat it with the blue new hadoken looking thing... HAHAHA... the duck and old man treasure chests haha

Paranoid
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM

co-sign one of the most challenging games ever

great game tho

i got it again recently on game boy advanced and i threw it somewhere i think

kurupt_kw
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
When Oblivion first came out I was hooked and played for hours everyday. Then it came to a point where I had to find some books for the main quest. I found them but then fucked off and did a bunch of side quests. I got encumbered and kept dropping useless shit but somehow I managed to drop one of these books in a random cave so I couldn't continue the main quest and I had no clue where I dropped the book. I had put in like 40 hours of gameplay only to get fucked and unable to continue the game.

Haven't played again since. Fuck it.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-02-2009, 10:17 PM
you know how it goes. dumb shit it games where u want to (or do) throw your controller at the wall or go crazy cuz the computer fuckin cheats or u died and u were so close to beating a game. a fuck it moment just makes u turn the game off and not even mess wit it for awhile.

ive had a lot

my most recent was when i played this cocksucker online in nba 2k9 and he picked the knicks. he would use nate robinson and literally run around in circles on the court until he could lose my defender and then hit a three. there was nothin i could do cuz the computer on defense sucks. he scored like 65 points wit the little nigga. i ended up winning, but not before i slammed my xbox controller on the floor and now all the buttons is jammed and shit

post your fuck it moments

hahaha...i've had quite a few.

Back when i had a gameboy, i used to dominate Tecmo Bowl to the point where if I let the other team score a point, i'd get pissed.
One time, i got really pissed and bashed my head into the gamebody and broke it.

I've broken a couple controllers....last one was when i lost in madden.

Best moment tho was when I dominated my cousin so badly in NBA Live (beating him by like 30) that he literally snapped his controller in half.

that was great...not only did i beat him, but i costed him money.

Paranoid
04-04-2009, 05:31 AM
spent about what felt like 10 hours on a boss in FFXI today with 5 other individuals...

we wiped so many times

really hard fight

it was a fuck it moment when everyone had to go to sleep...

im pissed i invested all that time and gained nothing

but tomorrow is another day

new group, new strategy

Paranoid
04-04-2009, 05:36 AM
id probably be breaking the controller tho if i didn't have a good time in that process of failing

Tage
04-04-2009, 10:24 AM
spent about what felt like 10 hours on a boss in FFXI today with 5 other individuals...

do alot of people still play that? i was thinking of getting that game around a year ago... but, mmo's lose their novelty effect after a while... is there a decent story behind XI?... or, is it mainly a MMORPG.

Paranoid
04-04-2009, 06:20 PM
do alot of people still play that? i was thinking of getting that game around a year ago... but, mmo's lose their novelty effect after a while... is there a decent story behind XI?... or, is it mainly a MMORPG.

FFXI will never lose its appeal or fan base

The community in all servers is largely populated

There are a fair amount of FFXI players using a 360 currently, but because all 3 platforms (PC, PS2, 360) co-exist on the game's servers you wont be running out of people to play/interact with any time soon.

Its 6 years old but has only just recently been updated to its maximum potential

It used to have a lot of problems, but now its pretty much flawless with a stable economy and the new level sync system (which allows characters of all levels to party together to earn experience points)

Its unique job system makes the possibilities endless. You can level 18 different jobs to level 75 all on the same character. Experience points make you increase to the next level. Upon achieving level 75 you get "merit points" instead of experience points which are used to increase your stats and abilities. Job customization is endless, especially with sub jobs. For example I am a 75 beastmaster/37 Ninja, which means i get the powers of a beastmaster up to lvl 75 and the powers of a ninja up to 37. You can change your main and sub job to anything you'd like in your "Mog House" if you have the job leveled

Years upon years worth of content to experience with expansion packs and more in the making. The game is always constantly being updated with new content

There are several very intriguing storyline scenarios, just like all FF games. The storyline is distributed through cut-scenes in between missions you have to complete with a party of other fellow adventurers. You don't have to participate in this, but completing the scenarios will bring fantastic rewards

The combat isn't turn based but it plays very much like an FF game

Its pretty much the one FF game everyone slept on or quit because they couldn't handle the challenge

its not you're average MMO, its really nothing like WoW or Everquest

If anything its like Final Fantasy, just online

People will bad talk this game but I can say with confidence its easily the greatest game I've ever played in my life and you will not regret playing

I suggest checking this out for more information

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/intro/about/welcom.html?pageID=about

Paranoid
04-04-2009, 07:45 PM

Tage
04-05-2009, 01:25 PM
nice review man, props!

baritone
04-05-2009, 05:00 PM
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/seth-in-street-fighter-4.jpg

This scumbag on any mode higher then medium

hell yeah

Tage
04-06-2009, 04:49 AM
nearly had another FUCK IT moment.

so, i got FFVII on PC and started playin again... i just got to the Corel Prison(under Gold Saucer)... when you go into the chocobo race (after about 10-15 mins without saving) it CRASHES! then you have to get to it again, and beat Dyne, with only Barret (which isnt that hard).

i found a patch etc, but it didnt work, so i needed an updated patch and it finally worked. took 4 times of beating Dyne.

The guy in the chocobo place called Joe, says that he feels he would see me again... the fuck was right, 4 times in a row.

beat the chocobo race on the second try (on automatic) lol

funny shit!

Paranoid
04-06-2009, 04:58 AM
nearly had another FUCK IT moment.

so, i got FFVII on PC and started playin again... i just got to the Corel Prison(under Gold Saucer)... when you go into the chocobo race (after about 10-15 mins without saving) it CRASHES! then you have to get to it again, and beat Dyne, with only Barret (which isnt that hard).

i found a patch etc, but it didnt work, so i needed an updated patch and it finally worked. took 4 times of beating Dyne.

The guy in the chocobo place called Joe, says that he feels he would see me again... the fuck was right, 4 times in a row.

beat the chocobo race on the second try (on automatic) lol

funny shit!

lol

By the way

I forgot to mention FFXI was developed by the same team that made Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger

So you know its good

But unfortunately this is one of the main reasons we haven't seen another Chrono game

The team is too busy working on FFXI still to this day

Tage
04-06-2009, 05:01 AM
i think i might have to get it,...so i can get back into modern FF before XIII drops

Paranoid
04-06-2009, 05:07 AM
i think i might have to get it,...so i can get back into modern FF before XIII drops

What system would you be playing on?

I'd do the 14 day free trial before you get it

I'm in Alexander server

Can answer any questions needed when you arrive in Vana'diel :nerdy:

Tage
04-06-2009, 05:09 AM
my pc... if it runs smooth enough. if not, my ps2... but ill have to run a cable all the way down the stairs... shitty ps2s. s'not on ps3 is it?

Paranoid
04-06-2009, 05:13 AM
my pc... if it runs smooth enough. if not, my ps2... but ill have to run a cable all the way down the stairs... shitty ps2s. s'not on ps3 is it?

No PS3, yet

The PC requirements really aren't demanding since the graphics are 6 years dated, it should work fine unless your PC is a complete piece of shit

Its nice to have on PC too because you can minimize the game and go on the web to look up game info easily

This website will be your best friend

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Here is the PC 14 day free trial

http://www.fileplanet.com/192215/190000/fileinfo/FINAL-FANTASY-XI-14-Day-Free-Trial

You should be able to download that with a free file planet account I'd imagine

Since its just a free trial

Tage
04-06-2009, 05:16 AM
sweet, thanks man... ive got a 2.2g cpu, 256mb radeon graphics card, only 768mb ram... but i think i checked a while ago... and it passed it by far i think. only use my ps3 for media and surfing... so dont need the ram.

thanks for the link, ima download now.

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slick again)

Paranoid
04-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Oh and if you do decide to get it you're gonna want this version

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/647298b.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=647298

Comes with the game and all 4 expansions in one package for $14.99

Just be aware you have to pay a monthly fee of $12.95 to play and requires Visa or Mastercard

Tage
04-06-2009, 05:21 AM
do you work for Square or something? haha

yeah i know about the monthly fee... im still paying off my ps3. ill see how i like the trial.

i think there is a way to get a pirate version and play on private(pirate) servers < might look that up

Paranoid
04-06-2009, 05:22 AM
sweet, thanks man... ive got a 2.2g cpu, 256mb radeon graphics card, only 768mb ram... but i think i checked a while ago... and it passed it by far i think. only use my ps3 for media and surfing... so dont need the ram.

thanks for the link, ima download now.

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slick again)

no problem

and I take it you know about this?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

will easily tell you if your PC can run specific games or not

Paranoid
04-06-2009, 05:23 AM
do you work for Square or something? haha

yeah i know about the monthly fee... im still paying off my ps3. ill see how i like the trial.

i think there is a way to get a pirate version and play on private(pirate) servers < might look that up

I wish I worked for Square

No idea tho about the pirated version

Paranoid
04-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Oh and there is also chocobo raising and racing in FFXI :cool:

shaolinsword
04-07-2009, 09:22 AM

It'll work on the PS3 if you have a BC console and if you can find a copy of course

BLACK BART SIMPSON
04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
alot of these moments happen in fighting games for me especially when fighting bosses..eloels (Gill, Seth, Shao Kahn, Jinpachi..etc)...otherwise..when i first had to fight the metal gears as Raiden in mgs2 on like hard or very hard..w/e.

fighting games most deffo

killer instinct gold for n64 i believe that glacial guy can get fucking hard with those literally 60 buttton type fuking combos

never had much trouble with mk

but also perfect dark for n64 while the best fucking game ever i get caught in rooms or i kill a guy im not supposed to kill with no warning have to go back 20 mins and do it all again FUCK IT!

Paranoid
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
It'll work on the PS3 if you have a BC console and if you can find a copy of course

I actually did hear there was a way to rig it up to PS3

This guy seems to know what hes talkin about

abasi
04-08-2009, 02:42 PM
any later board
in any Mega Man game

impossible

DeadBoy
04-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Everytime i ever played street fighter IV.
God of war 2 bosses on hardest setting.
Ninja Gaiden - every second...
Last boss on Resident Evil 5.

Mic Tyson
04-10-2009, 12:40 AM
god damn ncaa 09 game i was playin wit historic rosters and i was OSU vs Boise state. up by 5 less than a minute left. Stupid ass eddie george fumbles while im tryin to drain the clock and the lineman picks it up and runs it back for a TD. worst part about it was that eddie george or troy smith of joey galloway couldn't catch up to a fuckin slow ass lineman

FUCK IT

Krusha
06-29-2010, 02:23 PM
oh my...make some fucking space

2.COD4, when it lags and you cant hit anyone...FUCK THAT SHITT
3. any PES game on the psp FUCK IT
4. Xbox 360....FUCK IT

True shit

Professor Poopsnagle
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Everytime Fallout 3 quits on me. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

fatboybrandon
06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
My first time seeing this thread, lmao at the memories of 80's NES games I get from it.

Ninja Gaiden, Metroid, Street Fighter 2010, and some of the obscure games released by Japanese companies like Tecmo had me ready to jump out the window from time to time. It was even more infuriating being over at a friends house and having them sit in the background and laugh when I'd get frustrated at a game.

The worst "fuck it moments" was blowing on cartridges to try and get the games to work. Another was when people would use this trick with Guile in SFII that was near impossible to beat, using repeated sonic booms and kicks.

djskillz
06-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I haven't thrown my controller at the wall since my SNES/Sega Genesis days.

Buzk
07-01-2010, 12:03 AM
back in the day, when you'd loose a memory card for ps1, thats the end of the world.

DirtMcgehrk
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Recently for me it's doing 100 man melee in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and getting killed with one enemy left.

Alcryt
07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
When Oblivion first came out I was hooked and played for hours everyday. Then it came to a point where I had to find some books for the main quest. I found them but then fucked off and did a bunch of side quests. I got encumbered and kept dropping useless shit but somehow I managed to drop one of these books in a random cave so I couldn't continue the main quest and I had no clue where I dropped the book. I had put in like 40 hours of gameplay only to get fucked and unable to continue the game.

Haven't played again since. Fuck it.

If your playing on PC you could always just bring up the console and use a summon command to spawn the book in your location. Otherwise your fucked.

A recent fuck it moment for me was playing Killzone: Liberation.
Theres this boss called Cobar, hes in this tank thinng which has multiple ways of raping you. Theres little cover and it all blows up quickly anyway, plus the controls arent that great which makes it a very frustrating fight.

I also hate when playing Fifa, totally dominating the ai for all of the game but its still goalless and on their only attack of the game they score which wins them the game. Its always some really scrappy goal too which makes it even more annoying, kinda what Spain must of felt when they lost to Switzerland. :loser:

RagnaroK
07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
every ryu and ken flowchart taunting shoryuken mashing player online and Capcom for giving them the tools to do so

DUMBO
07-04-2010, 01:50 PM
first ten minutes of red dead redemption on xbox when it crashed four fucking times.

BRONZBODY
07-06-2010, 01:00 AM
playing any resident evil, then you die. and then u realize you havent saved since the first chapter......FUCK ME!!!!

oDoUoSoKo
07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
playing MVC2 against some friends today...in person too..not online..2 things happened involving ken

my friend had only ken left, and i had morrigan..he had that last bit of life where a hadouken will kill u....i did morrigans gun special...no chip damage whatsoever..and he killed me

different match..he had ken, i had wolverine and i CAUGHT him with the shoryuken motion special..he was hit with the first two hits and my wolverine was thrown back and ken was floating...doing some crazy spastic movements like he was still being hit..

fuck it.

EAGLE EYE
07-06-2010, 11:45 PM
a fuck it moment in gaming is when you almost get to use the nuke in MW2 and some dickweed 12 year old hyped up on pepsi throws a knife into your neck.

oDoUoSoKo
07-06-2010, 11:57 PM
every ryu and ken flowchart taunting shoryuken mashing player online and Capcom for giving them the tools to do so
yes and for me, over-fucking-using focus attacks and throws...pisses me off

Ginnsey
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Trying to win a game of red alert 3 online.......... Too many infinate ways of pissing the other player off. And im pritty good at RTS games usually :(

Bobby_Digital72
07-11-2010, 11:58 PM
back in the day, when you'd loose a memory card for ps1, thats the end of the world.

or worse ..the information on the memory card would get corrupted...

Battletoads everything past the 2nd level..

Sky Blue Bally Kid
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Basically ANY platform game back in the day when you had to do a running jump to clear a gap and ended up running straight into the gap.

DarkeyeZ Da Riddla
07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I took part in a fuck it moment a few months back...
Me and my best friend always finish the major co-op games on the hardest difficulty for the achievement, so, we decided to through Gears of War 2 on insane...we only played on the weekends and at night for an hour or so, so it took us about a month....so, we beat the last stage and I get my achievement but he doesn't get his...he's flippin' out like crazy...and to make things worse, in the progress log it shows that he missed one mission, but doesn't tell him which one..He said fuck it and lent it to my cousin and hasn't asked for it back since

Mic Tyson
07-26-2010, 01:06 PM
When the fucking computer in NCAA always blitz everybody when u do a play action and u don't have time to run so u try to throw it away and get hit and a faggot ass lineman gets a pick 6 on u. oh and also when ur cb swats the ball into the receivers hands

djskillz
07-26-2010, 01:51 PM
in6RZzdGki8

Sky Blue Bally Kid
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
^lol, can't believe I sat through all that, gripping stuff though! And did make me want to play Mario Bros!

djskillz
07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
shit i got my snes out right now lol. super mario all stars!!!

Meta4
07-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Insert Disk Fully 2 from Joe Danger FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK took close to 600 tries to 100% it. bangin ass game tho.

DarkeyeZ Da Riddla
07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I saw Kane & Lynch for $19, and my cousin was hypin' it up, so I bought it. I actually liked it. I got to the second last level on the hardest difficulty in the span of a weekend, so then Monday night I turn it on to finish the last 2 levels and I get an error saying that the game data is corrupt and must be deleted...had to start from the beginning...well, I would have had to start from the begining if I didn't take the game straight to Gamestop

Professor Poopsnagle
07-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Game data corrupted sucks. I had that happen 30 hours into Oblivion. Something similar happened to me in Fallout 3, which is coincidentally made by the same guys.

I was playing Fifa last weekend and I was about to break my winning streak... 2-0 for me in the 80th minute. Guy quits the game, I check the leaderboard; streak -1. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUU

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/robochrist/eda5aaee.jpg?t=1280522219

I hate Fifa.