PDA

View Full Version : Should I just keep my mouth shut from now on?

IrOnMaN
03-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Yesterday was a good and bad day.

After work, I stopped by the library to chill out because I just got off from work. I ran into someone who I usually associate with a lot. The conversation started about the economy. I told him the reason why our economy is so bad is because it started with the mortgage companies. This is what I told him: "It start with mortgage companies approving home loans to people who couldn't afford them. Many people who made under $20,000-$30,000 a year were applying for home loans that they knew they couldn't pay back, but they were approved anyway. Then wall street and banks got involved with the loans (investing into them), buying them and turning them in bonds. They were making great money until it all collapsed because the people who took out the home loans couldn't afford to pay them. As a result, homes went up for foreclosure, wall street crumbled, the big banks went bankrupted, the whole thing with AIG, etc."

He told me I was wrong. He says to me that the main reason why our economy is bad is because the "baby boomers" aren't spending because they're saving for their retirement. I told him I don't think that's correct. Then we go on and discuss some other issues regarding the economy. And that's when things got nasty. He says he is right and I'm wrong. Then he starts twisting my words by saying that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm like "ok".

He asked me "What is an economic system?" Huh? I said to him "I know what it is. You don't think I know what an economy system is? Whatever!" Then he goes on saying that I should do more research on America's economy system because I don't know what I'm talking about. The whole conversation was horrible. I asked him "Ok, if I'm wrong, explain all the foreclosures?" He looks at me and says "Foreclosure? What are you talking about? You are not making any sense. What? Explain yourself, please. I hate being someone else's mind. Think, okay? What are you trying to say?"

Are you serious? I don't know how to think or talk? Then he starts cursing at me and asks me to leave. I respected his wish and left. Was I wrong about everything?

When I got home, I was thinking about killing this guy, seriously. IT WAS THAT BAD! I even walked back to the library to see if he was there so I could get back at him. He saw me and kept walking. Him and I are enemies from this day forward.

Now, I'm trying to keep myself cool because if I see the guy, I might go off. Fuck if he's 6'4. I don't know how to vent my anger in a way that is normal. Usually when I'm in a heated conversation, I won't say anything, just an angry look or I'll walk away. When I get angry, it's usually in a VERY VIOLENT AND LOUD way. I'd start punching things, cursing, yelling, etc. People always make me out to be the bad guy. This has happen to me a lot.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
To answer your question.

No.

Senator C. Palantine
03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Listen To Some Vinnie Paz, leave this faggits frame backless, baby.

narc
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
your both wrong its much more complicated than one reason.

oh and you sounds like you have a boring life

had to be said

Longbongcilvaringz
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
These are conversations which i hate the most.

Where someone covers their ignorance by being patronising and condescending.

There is no shame in not knowing something.

I don't know why so many people feel the need to pretend.

They'll never learn anything.

INF
03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
You let talk about the american system get you so heated that you wanted to kill somebody? I stopped reading right there/

Longbongcilvaringz
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, you need to relax a lot Ironman.

Put it in perspective a bit... what does it matter if he was being a cunt to you really.

Maybe just avoid conversation with him in the future.

EAGLE EYE
03-26-2009, 10:37 PM
picture some one as frail as diggy, but with ewok hair....

then picture a small penis.... (YUCKO!)

now picture carrot top getting beat with a baton by Al Sharpton

(no homo)

" "

and stuffff

diggy
03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
picture some one as frail as diggy, but with ewok hair....

then picture a small penis.... (YUCKO!)

now picture carrot top getting beat with a baton by Al Sharpton

(no homo)

" "

and stuffff

You seem to be obsessed with me.

You can't 'picture' me, cuz i never posted a picture.

That means you have a fucked up idea of what i look like in your mind; you think about what i would look like.

THAT happens to be extreemly homo.

TSA
03-26-2009, 11:04 PM
http://www.celebritywallpaper.me/imgs/Tyra-Banks-154.jpg

EAGLE EYE
03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
You seem to be obsessed with me.

You can't 'picture' me, cuz i never posted a picture.

That means you have a fucked up idea of what i look like in your mind; you think about what i would look like.

THAT happens to be extreemly homo.

I picture you having an anorexic Marten Lawrence face, possibly some gay alien or ewok features and most likely sleep on a bed of nylon stockings with a wasabie pea under it.

Fgt.

IrOnMaN
03-27-2009, 11:48 AM
These are conversations which i hate the most.

Where someone covers their ignorance by being patronising and condescending.

There is no shame in not knowing something.

I don't know why so many people feel the need to pretend.

They'll never learn anything.

He thinks since he has a MS in Bio Engineering and he's 43, he knows everything and he's NEVER WRONG! Even his friend was agreeing with me. He decided to go off on me but saying that I can't think properly or speak correctly. Really?

Prolifical ENG
03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
When people that are 43 and go to libraries of course they think they know everything. They just say what they think and thats it.

Luckily you didn't talk politics with him and it would be the same thing.

Economics are one of those areas where everyone knows more than they think. I remember some dude was arguing with my friend about some economical thing and 10 mins in my friend finally told the guy he has a masters in economics. The discussion ended after that.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Guys like that know that they don't know a damn thing, so they do that just to piss you off. It makes them feel a little better if they succeed in getting underneath your skin.

We have alot of those in KTL. Its best just to pretty much to ignore them. They feed off of whatever attention they can get.

Charles Barry
03-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd hate to see you slit this dudes throat over an economic debate lol. Agree to disagree and move on.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Yesterday was a good and bad day.

What was good about your day? It seems that you only focused on the bad part.

Please share with us the good part as well.

IrOnMaN
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM
What was good about your day? It seems that you only focused on the bad part.

Please share with us the good part as well.

The good part of that day was when I attended my classes and when I went to work. The bad part was when I started talking to the guy and all that.

Tecknowledgist
03-27-2009, 07:42 PM
This was probably your best bet:

CnhUYWbW3jQ

Dokuro
03-27-2009, 09:07 PM
two be hounest i only read the 1st 2 paragraphs and you were both right