PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time announced

Storm
03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Sony's French PR have just sent out a press release revealing Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Crack in Time takes place shortly after Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty, and will see Ratchet travelling through time to rescue Clank.
The Ratchet and Clank franchise is multi-million selling series, spanning the PS2 and PS3. Tools of Destruction was released in 2007 and was a huge critical and commercial success, selling more than a million copies.
Ratchet and Clank: A Crank in Time is an adventure game developed by Insomniac Games. The title is due out in Fall 2009, exclusively on PS3.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2555/ratchet-and-clank-a-crank-in-time-announced/

Storm
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Some new info on the game

Concluding the events set into motion by Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank® Future: A Crack in Time will at long last answer some of the franchise fans’ largest questions.

After discovering that Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet races to rescue his best friend. Unfortunately, he discovers that Clank’s capture is just the beginning of Nefarious’s latest diabolical plot. In this follow-up to the best-selling series, Ratchet & Clank® Future: A Crack in Time puts players into the role of both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?

Powered by Insomniac Games’ fourth-generation PLAYSTATION®3 technology, A Crack in Time will continue to bring the experience of playing your own CG-animated movie to the PS3. Players will use new gadgets such as Ratchet’s Hoverboots to explore levels and can take off in Ratchet’s ship to discover nearby moons and planets. Clank will use new abilities to manipulate time to try and stop Dr. Nefarious.

Key Features

An original new adventure and story that answers many of fans’ most-asked questions and wraps up the story arc that started in Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank® Future: Quest For Booty.
Non-linear levels with plenty of hidden areas to explore, and new gadgets like the Hoverboots that let Ratchet soar to new heights.
All-new Clank gameplay and special “Time” abilities that bring new meaning to “past selves”.
The series’ renowned arsenal gets even larger with brand new weapons, as well as weapons that players can customize with various modifications.
New space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables.

Rame
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
The first message fails. It's also on PSP.

I still need to finish Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty (I haven't played QfB yet).

Rame
04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
I just read about this in a PS mag and was thinking of posting it but apparently this was announced months ago. I even posted a comment already, lol.

I almost finished Tools of Destruction.

This is one of the best series in gaming, it combines adventure with action and fun. (+ It's in Dutch which is rare).

I used to think it was a kids game but it has some hard-to-beat bosses and levels.

Rame
05-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Is there a release date known yet? I finished both Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty.

Storm
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
All I've read was fall 2009 we should be hearing more about this and a possible release date in E3.

Rame
05-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Cool, thanks.

Rame
10-13-2009, 03:19 PM
The releasedate is 28th of October.

XV0fIcc1kaU

Looks different than the previous parts.

Just pre-ordered it.

Buzk
10-18-2009, 12:42 PM
gotta love ratchet & clank. looks dope

Rame
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM
There are 2 demos in the store.

shaolinsword
11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
The demos are like 2.5gb each, it's gonna take an age to download

I'll probably pick this up when I get some decent money though

Rame
11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I pre-ordered it so I'll be receiving it around Friday but I wouldn't mind playing a part of it now.

It takes ages though like you said.

derek41
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
been playing it for a couple of days now, it's the shit. gotta love Ratchet and Clank.

Rame
11-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I spend a lot of time downloading the demos yesterday, only to find out it's in stores today.

It's installing now. :)

Rame
11-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I copped the Collector's Edition:

http://www.videogames.co.nz/home/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/rccit.jpg

As expected it's great.

Buzk
11-07-2009, 08:41 AM
^ is captain qwark still around? he had me rolling back in the day when the first game came out

Rame
11-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, crazy as always.

shaolinsword
11-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Is it just me or is this game far too easy?

Rame
11-21-2009, 05:03 PM
It was pretty easy at the start but it got harder after a few hours.