PDA

View Full Version : SEARCH doesn't work!

The Hound
03-30-2009, 01:52 AM
^^ See my thread.

I search "KRS-One" and get nothing.

I want that thread where KRS-One got slammed by Bill O'Reilly.

Tage
03-30-2009, 04:20 AM
go to advanced search and select thread titles only.

i realised this a while ago. anything you search will pick up numerous topics from skampoe and tsa.. since, in theory they should have posted the entire works of Shakespeare now (definition of infinity)

ALCATRAZ
03-30-2009, 05:01 AM
stop cryin

Drunken Monk
03-30-2009, 05:15 AM
ahhahhahahahhahaahhhaaaaaa

Prolifical ENG
03-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah it works. It might not have searched because the engine never picked up the "-" operator or something. Searching by thread titles works wonders.

I might make the search so you can use boolean operators.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 10:43 AM
^Do you not remember anything I told you in the Q n A thread? You should know by now why Krs-One doesnt work.

Krs One wont work because it is less than 5 letter words, unless someone made a thread where they spelt it like "KrsOne", you wont get any results.

Serach doesnt work, its shit, ive already told Profilal ENG this already, but he didnt give me a real answer.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1530549#post1530549

but a 5 letter minimum is too much lol.

i see if someone searches for a whole sentance with lots of 3 letter words in, it might be an issue

but most of the time people are just searching for one word, like "RZA", or GZA, or Deck, of Meth. Non of these are searchable terms right now

SO its basically hiding alot of threads from the past, that will never be seen again, because people cant find them.

Whats the point in saving threads from the past on your server, if no one can access them again?

the lag cant be that big, i think you'd only get lag if 100's of people are searching at once, the traffic on this site is low so lag shouldnt be an issue?

Prolifical ENG
03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
if you want to search for 3 characters, it should be allowed boolean operators too or else its pretty much useless. I found out after that question its possible to do that, so just relax.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
why is searching for the term "RZA" pretty much useless?

Prolifical ENG
03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
why is searching for the term "RZA" pretty much useless?

how many results do you think you will get?

If you searched for RZA AND(operator) something else you can be specific.

I can make search booleans work but fulltext searching needs to be enabled but I cant find that yet.

Ghost In The 'Lac
03-30-2009, 01:50 PM
i dont know what a boolean is.

The Hound
03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
go to advanced search and select thread titles only.

It's exactly what I did because the thread was entitled "KRS ONE something something," And I didn't wanted to 600 nebraska posts of "KRS ONE noolian drips," or whatever.

I thought two different words were separated by a comma though? So if I wanted to search "The KRS One Boom Bap Rap" as a sentence I could. :?