PDA

View Full Version : Bike Help for a Wu Brother

Wu-Disciple
03-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Wasup y'all? i've just moved to Jersey City. I wanna get a bicycle to take to the train to work instead of riding the bus.

the bike im goin nuts for is a $400 DiamondBack...

bicycle theft is serious...supposedly they're pros outthere doin this thing.

i really love this bike ...if i get it and put some expensive locks on it ...do y'all think it's worth it?

i kno i could get a cheap bike, but this shit i saw for $400 is mad light...after trying it i dont wanna get anything else

what do y'all think? stupid idea?

Art Vandelay
03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
i had a really nice bike, too. then i turned 13.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
I'd say just try and buy a second rand road bike, because then you can beat it up and not worry about it being stolen.

Or buy a fixie and floss like a hipster faggit.

Wu-Disciple
03-31-2009, 10:50 AM
All 13-year olds, please stay away from this post

netscape check two
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I'd go with a Huffy or a Murray bike. Make sure the mags are tweaked out for the chicks though.

begongo
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
I say it's not worth, over here everyone rides bikes and they always get stolen

best deal is to buy a stolen bike from a junkie for 20 bucks, you can even buy a really really dope new one, depending on what he stole lol

snapple
03-31-2009, 06:00 PM
listen man...if u gonna have a bike just dont take your eyes off it when you park it man....

and hell yea get the diamondback thats a good bike....i need another bike i gave mine 2 my nephew....

Drunken Monk
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Xd

Art Vandelay
03-31-2009, 06:44 PM
http://j-walkblog.com/images/peeweebike.JPG

noel411
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
If you're confident about the security issue then buy it. Buying a cheap bike is not economical. I bought a bike for $300. I had to bring it in to the bike shop for repairs about once a week, and before long it was fucked up beyond repair. Then I bought an $800 bike. Unfortunately I got a bit of a dud and I was back at the shop about once a week, until they finally figured out what the key problem was and repaired it properly. Since then it's been sweet.

Keep in mind this is in Aussie dollars. The $800 dollar bike I bought is probably in a fairly similar class to the $400 dollar one you're looking at. Also, I used to do some heavy off road biking, which is why my bikes got fucked so much. But that cheap bike was up to shit regardless. I'd recommend dropping a bit more money and getting a good bike.

Also, I pay a little bit extra on my home and contents insurance to be eligible for the option that allows you to make claims on property that gets stolen away from home. I have to pay the first $100 on the item, and the insurance company pays the rest. So if my new $400 bike got stolen I'd get $300 back on it. I'm sure most if not all insurance companies would offer similar options.

snapple
03-31-2009, 07:08 PM
http://j-walkblog.com/images/peeweebike.JPG

is that the pee-wee bike LOL

HANZO
03-31-2009, 07:23 PM
if you dnt want them to jack your bike when you chain it up take off the front wheel and take it into work with you.