PDA

View Full Version : Video Games

noel411
03-31-2009, 06:27 PM
So I'm really not a video games person at all, but since I'm unemployed at the moment I recently decided to knock the dust off my PS2 and even get a few new games, since I've got so much free time at the moment.

The game I ended up sticking with was Godfather. I was pretty into it, and probably putting about an hour or an hour and a half into it, most days. Then it got to the point where it got quite difficult and elaborate, and I'd find myself spending up to about an hour on it without actually achieving anything. Just trying the same shit over and over. So last night I gave it another go, got nowhere, and after about half an hour I pulled it out and said "fuck it, I'm not wasting my time on this shit anymore".

The same shit happened with GTA San Andreas. I remember sometimes I'd waste more than an hour on that shit without making any progress, before I finally gave up on it.

I just can't handle knowing I'm wasting so much time and getting nothing out of it, which got me to thinking these hardcore gamers must waste such an immense amount of time in a similar fashion, and doesn't it bother them?

So I wanted to ask the video game heads on here, do they ever feel like this, and do they have trouble dealing with it? Or is that just how it goes, and you don't really give a fuck?

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Enjoy ur ps2

Longbongcilvaringz
03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Eliminate all responsibility in your life, and the concept of 'wasting time' will evaporate.

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
thats true
get a job

INF
03-31-2009, 06:46 PM
beyond enjoying your ps2....

dude...

just enjoy life. Dont let "Time" Rule you like that. Thats horrible. Who really gives a fuck if you waste the whole day out of it even?

If you dont wanna play it then dont. If you do , have fun and enjoy it even if you didnt get any progress. What would be jank is if you just sat there and turned it on and watched the demo screen run for an hour. Thats wasting time.

Get Cool with time before you try and kick it with them games. Thats the only advice I can give you "No L".

Longbongcilvaringz
03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Definitely.

If your enjoying yourself, you're not wasting time.

I've been listening to Electric Avenue for half an hour.

INF
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
I've been listening to Electric Avenue for half an hour.

I was glad you put that up in there and me and my son listened to it and danced. He loves the dance where you put your hands on your knees and make it look like you are switching your hands as you knock your knees.ITs real corny but I did it once and he loves it and wont let it ever die.

I enjoy the time I spend , even if its on some bullshit.

Paranoid
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
So I'm really not a video games person at all, but since I'm unemployed at the moment I recently decided to knock the dust off my PS2 and even get a few new games, since I've got so much free time at the moment.

The game I ended up sticking with was Godfather. I was pretty into it, and probably putting about an hour or an hour and a half into it, most days. Then it got to the point where it got quite difficult and elaborate, and I'd find myself spending up to about an hour on it without actually achieving anything. Just trying the same shit over and over. So last night I gave it another go, got nowhere, and after about half an hour I pulled it out and said "fuck it, I'm not wasting my time on this shit anymore".

The same shit happened with GTA San Andreas. I remember sometimes I'd waste more than an hour on that shit without making any progress, before I finally gave up on it.

I just can't handle knowing I'm wasting so much time and getting nothing out of it, which got me to thinking these hardcore gamers must waste such an immense amount of time in a similar fashion, and doesn't it bother them?

So I wanted to ask the video game heads on here, do they ever feel like this, and do they have trouble dealing with it? Or is that just how it goes, and you don't really give a fuck?

I usually just give the game a rest and return to it at a later time if I can't complete the challenge after several tries

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
I was glad you put that up in there and me and my son listened to it and danced. He loves the dance where you put your hands on your knees and make it look like you are switching your hands as you knock your knees.ITs real corny but I did it once and he loves it and wont let it ever die.

I enjoy the time I spend , even if its on some bullshit.

Isn't that part of the Charleston?

Longbongcilvaringz
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
It's called the "G O D" from memory.

INF
03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Isn't that part of the Charleston?

not sure but I can rock it well so if it is part of the charleston then I guess I wanna learn the rest so I can freak it new school. :i

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Git your Charleston on, playboy

JLVyv-8Np8E

And here is a much fresher version, but it doesn't include the hand-knee jive

s58iTzznkp0&feature=related

noel411
03-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Eliminate all responsibility in your life, and the concept of 'wasting time' will evaporate.

Keep droppin' those jewels, son.
just enjoy life. Dont let "Time" Rule you like that. Thats horrible. Who really gives a fuck if you waste the whole day out of it even?

If you dont wanna play it then dont. If you do , have fun and enjoy it even if you didnt get any progress. What would be jank is if you just sat there and turned it on and watched the demo screen run for an hour. Thats wasting time.

Get Cool with time before you try and kick it with them games. Thats the only advice I can give you "No L".
You read me like a book, man. I've got a really bad obsessive problem with time. It's like I won't allow myself to spend more than about 1 and a half hours playing video games. And then I'll only allow that if I really have a lot of free time. And I have to spend at least a couple of hours a day reading. Not 1 hour. That won't do. I have to get at least 2 hours a day of physical exercise. Not 1 hour. That won't do. Whenever I come onto this site I'm looking at the clock every 5 minutes thinking "I'm wasting too much time, I'm wasting too much time"...no joke. I like to use my time productively. Apparently Malcolm X was the same. He never went anywhere without wearing a watch and was obsessively time conscious. I too am constantly looking at the clock/watch.

But you're absolutely right, I need to loosen up. And it's not like I don't know that. It's just that I've obviously got a small touch of OCD and it's not that easy to just change. I'm gonna work on it though, now that I've been called on it by other people. My initial therapy will be to put that game back in, and try this ridiculous mission again, and keep failing, without looking at the clock.

I'm gonna stay strict with my exercise though. It's important to me that I stay fit and and in good shape. I do that for nobody but myself. I'll try not be so strict with my reading though. I was already working on loosening up with that.

Thanks for calling me on that, man...seriously.

noel411
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
I just looked at the clock right after I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button.

HA! Man I'm a fucken degenerate.

EAGLE EYE
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm a G.O.D. at San Andreas. I was playing it the other day because I only own like 3-4 ps2 games max.

I beat it in about a week when I first bought it years back, but when you don't have cable you find yourself finding ways to entertain yourself. I'm a master on that ZRG crotch rocket bike thing. Thats all I really play it for these days.

If I feel like I'm wasting time I just work on UI interfaces in photoshop, look at inspiring artz & craftz online, walk dogs, or research developing technologies or business strategies.

Those are all things related to income.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Keep droppin' those jewels, son.

I stay dropping semi translucent rocks on the dumb smart niggas heads.

You read me like a book, man. I've got a really bad obsessive problem with time. It's like I won't allow myself to spend more than about 1 and a half hours playing video games. And then I'll only allow that if I really have a lot of free time. And I have to spend at least a couple of hours a day reading. Not 1 hour. That won't do. I have to get at least 2 hours a day of physical exercise. Not 1 hour. That won't do. Whenever I come onto this site I'm looking at the clock every 5 minutes thinking "I'm wasting too much time, I'm wasting too much time"...no joke. I like to use my time productively. Apparently Malcolm X was the same. He never went anywhere without wearing a watch and was obsessively time conscious. I too am constantly looking at the clock/watch.

But you're absolutely right, I need to loosen up. And it's not like I don't know that. It's just that I've obviously got a small touch of OCD and it's not that easy to just change. I'm gonna work on it though, now that I've been called on it by other people. My initial therapy will be to put that game back in, and try this ridiculous mission again, and keep failing, without looking at the clock.

I'm gonna stay strict with my exercise though. It's important to me that I stay fit and and in good shape. I do that for nobody but myself. I'll try not be so strict with my reading though. I was already working on loosening up with that.

Thanks for calling me on that, man...seriously.

Oh shit, my heads going to explode before i can write this, but Noel being the reincarnate of Malcolm X would explain EVERYTHING.

Especially his hatred of his own white flesh.

PALEFORCE
04-01-2009, 02:15 AM
the sage does nothing yet nothing is left undone-lou tzu

NIGHT MAYOR
04-01-2009, 02:55 AM

^ posts till 5 in the morn

noel411
04-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Oh shit, my heads going to explode before i can write this, but Noel being the reincarnate of Malcolm X would explain EVERYTHING.

Especially his hatred of his own white flesh.
I shouldn't have given myself away like that.

Not very subtle I guess.

Keep it on the low, G.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2009, 05:25 AM
^ posts till 5 in the morn

Exactly.

NIGHT MAYOR
04-01-2009, 05:28 AM
how the fuck do you do that, and study ? shits hectic man, honestly i worry about you sometimes, you need to have a vacation over here, no internet just beach, pussy and drugs, ALL THE DRUGS OF THE RAINBOW.

noel411
04-01-2009, 05:57 AM
So much for my proposed therapy. I'm never playing that fucking game again. Not because of time wastage. Just because of how much it pisses me off. I eventually wrote on the cover of my Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 cover "REMINDER: IF YOU EVER PLAY THE PRO-TOUR MODE AGAIN YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKWIT ALIVE". I think it's time I write a similar reminder on the cover of this game.

Difficult, complex, elaborate games are just not for me. I like the old school games, but my Amiga 500 emulator thing takes forever to load.

I think it's time to knock the dust off my Neo Geo.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2009, 06:01 AM
how the fuck do you do that, and study ? shits hectic man, honestly i worry about you sometimes, you need to have a vacation over here, no internet just beach, pussy and drugs, ALL THE DRUGS OF THE RAINBOW.

Just being slack these first few weeks.

The next 2 weeks i have to buckle up, and knuckle down.

NIGHT MAYOR
04-01-2009, 06:02 AM
*looks at noel* *keeps looking* *closes eyes smh*

Tage
04-01-2009, 06:03 AM

im taking this is a relatively serious thread... since youve gotten all philosophical in past weeks.

once your sucked into a game, it doesnt matter. FFVII is where it started for me, once you get that feelin as a kid... it will stay with you for life. normally im smokin or have a few beers when im playin my ps3, but its good.

i dont have a job... so yeah... it passes time i otherwise would be doing fuck all anyway.

NIGHT MAYOR
04-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Just being slack these first few weeks.

The next 2 weeks i have to buckle up, and knuckle down.

geez you think. you dont wanna be serving subpoena's singing classics in your car do you ?

...actualy..........

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Even if i finish what i'm doing, i can't see myself been able to work in that field.

And yes, i want to wear disguises, smoke doobies and listen to music all day.

Or move to Sweden

NIGHT MAYOR
04-01-2009, 06:13 AM
good to see your not wasting your time ....... what are you like 21 this year ?

sweden ? fo real ? abba n alot of blonde people ?

guess there would be some awesome pagen shit there.

THE W
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
wsup with the usernames?