PDA

View Full Version : DJ Premier Considers Albums With KRS-One & MC Eiht

SickT
04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
From hiphopDX.com
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8894

DJ Premier, one of Hip Hop’s most coveted producers is having quite a busy year. Aside from starting his own label DJ Premier is also working on projects with rappers Blaq Poet, MC Eiht, and possibly KRS-One.

In a recent interview with Conspiracy Radio, DJ Premier spoke on his upcoming collaborations as well as the current status of Hip Hop.

“The level of the bar was so high that it was really hard to get into Hip Hop unless you really had top-notch skills, beats, rhyming, everything,” DJ Premier explained. “We wanna put that part [to the] forefront. So we’ll do it eventually. It’ll get its spot back, but in the meantime it never died or anything it’s just not as out there as the mainstream watered down rap stuff and that’s cool because it helps us reformat our audience that wants to support this style and the ones that don’t want to support it we’re not making it for them anyway.”

Among the four artists on DJ Premier’s new label, Year Round Records, is Blaq Poet former member of pioneering Queens Hip Hop group Screwball.

“We’re about to drop this album from Blaq Poet. Straight out of Queensbridge. We just shot the video. The album’s called The Blaqprint. That is the official album. I produced the entire album.” A tracklist posted on fansite djpremierblog.blogspot.com has reported that Easy Mo Bee and one other producer actually make contributions to Poet's solo debut, distributed through Fat Beats.

Aside from the artists already on his label, DJ Premier’s Year Round Records may also feature albums by KRS-One and MC Eiht.

“I’m thinking about doing a project with MC Eiht [of] Compton’s Most Wanted,” DJ Premier explained to Conspiracy Radio. “We talked about doing an album on my label, and also me and KRS-One talked about doing not Return Of The Boom Bap; we’re gonna do Return Of The Boom Bips. So right now that’s still a go. An all KRS, Premier album would be great.” Besides a "Criminal Minded" update in recent years, the two are best known for their work together between 1993 and 1995, on the self-titled and Return Of The Boom Bap albums. Compton's Most Wanted used Premier to remix their 1992 song "Def Wish II," a song originally have appeared on Music To Driveby.

Drunken Monk
04-02-2009, 12:20 PM
puuff fiiiff pafff fag
xD

Tito_Para Enfrente
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
thats pretty cool

Dj premier Is tight

Krs is crazy

cap
04-02-2009, 05:14 PM
glad to see primo is still going strong.

oldie
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
sounds cool to me, im loving how these producers are switching up and collabing with different rappers from their normal line-up

Muggs Vs....
Madlib & Doom
Premo & Luda
now Premo &....

any more???

spiggity_ace
04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
ME EIHT AND PREMO am i reading this right, woooooooo thatll be flames, ill check for that krs if that drops as well, but eiht sounds tight on the eastcoast production, him on that pete rock track one life to live is fire, i love that song, hopefully he comes through with this.

Jin10304
04-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah Eiht & Preme sounds good. Krs though is WELL PASSED his prime for a record of hot Primo beats, hell bore anyone to death nowadays

claaa7
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM
^^ nah man, the joint with Marley Marl was dope as fuck.. sure KRS-One was boring as hell on a couple of joints but the production was tight and often brought out the best out of KRS, like "The Teacha's Back", "Hip-Hop Lives", "Victory", "Rising to the Top", "House of Hits" and a couple more.. i'm hyped for any fully produced Preemo album. Can't wait for The Blaqprint..

Jin10304
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Fuck no KRS has turned preacher for the worst, HHL was only worth listening to for Marley's beats, like I said whether an album of sick Marley or Primo production, KRS will somehow fuck it up

TAURO
04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Im still waiting for that Royce album.

The Hound
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Rather hear that Royce joint first.

But, out of Eiht and KRS-One, please let it only be MC Eiht.

begongo
04-03-2009, 05:04 AM
this has the potential to be the most valuable piece of hip hop ever made

claaa7
04-03-2009, 06:10 AM
^^ word up, what's up with the extreme KRS hate in here.. he's still nice as hell on the mic, he often gets to preachy and i hope he won't do an entire album about hip-hop again but if he can stay away from that it will be incredible.

Durag
04-03-2009, 06:24 AM
I still fuck with KRS, although i do find him annoying at times and he goes a little over the top with his delivery, but all round hes still dope, and Premo should be able to bring out the best in him.

Cant fuckin wait for that Blaq Poet album.

claaa7
04-03-2009, 06:51 AM
^^ exactly, y'all heard what he said; they gonna do "Return of the Boom Bap II" basically. now that's gonna be epic if done right, Preemo did like half the beats on that album and that whole album is incredible; not saying neither KRS or Preem is as dope as they once were but I believe this gonna be great. they sounded dope together on "Classic (DJ Premier Remix)" and "Criminal Minded '08", plus "Victory" had Preemo scratching on it and it even sounded like a DJ Premier beat with Poet on there too.

the Blaq Poet album gonna be the illest of the year probably; i've heard Preem/Poet collaborate for maybe 10-12 songs besides this LP and it's a touchdown each time.

beeboy
04-03-2009, 07:02 AM
dope news..thx

BIG D O
04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
if he does either or both of these albums than all he'll need to do afterwards is that long awaited/coveted solo debut compilation album and that'll be a wrap on the career of the greatest producer of all time.....

I know everyone is amp'd to hear that new Return Of The Boom Bap, but i'mma put it out there; I'm just as excited for the collab with MC Eiht.....that shit would be fucking so big for L.A. man......teach these lil' young fuckas who the real legends are in the city of angels......

MC Eiht should do this joint with Premier, then a "Vs." album with Muggs....that would be perfect.....

spiggity_ace
04-03-2009, 10:37 PM
if he does either or both of these albums than all he'll need to do afterwards is that long awaited/coveted solo debut compilation album and that'll be a wrap on the career of the greatest producer of all time.....

I know everyone is amp'd to hear that new Return Of The Boom Bap, but i'mma put it out there; I'm just as excited for the collab with MC Eiht.....that shit would be fucking so big for L.A. man......teach these lil' young fuckas who the real legends are in the city of angels......

MC Eiht should do this joint with Premier, then a "Vs." album with Muggs....that would be perfect.....

o shit so rza's making the album with krs and eiht?

jk lol

adrianoter
04-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Fuck no KRS has turned preacher for the worst, HHL was only worth listening to for Marley's beats, like I said whether an album of sick Marley or Primo production, KRS will somehow fuck it up

Have you heard his recent ish tho, with NASA among others? Also check out the track he did with DJ Revolution. He's stepping his lyrical game up nicely.

crds
04-04-2009, 06:22 AM
ME EIHT AND PREMO am i reading this right, woooooooo thatll be flames, ill check for that krs if that drops as well, but eiht sounds tight on the eastcoast production, him on that pete rock track one life to live is fire, i love that song, hopefully he comes through with this.

could not agree more also DJ Premier's remix of Compton's Most Wanted-Def Wish II was dope

CharlesJones
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm really getting tired of ya'll dissing KRS talking about he's too preachy. KRS is the only rapper preaching to the black youth and their stupid asses aren't listening. They need to be preached to because they aren't listening to their parents. So since they listen to rap, they need to listen to KRS instead of these corny ass thug gangsta rappers they like because these wack rappers aren't gonna give them good advice about how to become successful. That would be tight if Premier did all the beats for KRS One and MC Eiht's albums.