PDA

View Full Version : has there ever been a disstrack outside of the hiphop genre?

DrunkenMasta303
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
prolly not huh? if yes, post that shit. if not, why do u think that is?

Memory Man
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK7CLXHSr1M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK7CLXHSr1M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TqXiFl-OkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TqXiFl-OkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DUMBO
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
john lennon made a couple diss tracks against that faggit paul mccartney.

beautifulrock
04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
jB_qmRjetdE

RHsDa9_HSlA

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
^^^damn i was just about to mention that when i saw the title of this thread

pink floyd (david gilmour) threw some 'subliminals' at roger waters after he was ousted from the group

there's probably scads more but it's just done with more subtlety and less fanfare than in hiphop

DrunkenMasta303
04-05-2009, 02:43 AM
loll good shit, i thought rappers were the only musicians that hated and shoot eachother because of battlin and competition being part of the culture n shit, but it seems that sex drugs n rocknroll can trigger enough hEAT for X-plosions too:lmao:

mastapowerful
04-05-2009, 11:48 AM
The Neil Young Lynyrd Skynyrd(???) beef was nasty. Dude from Lynyrd Skynrd died and it was rumored he was buried in a Neil Young shirt, some crazy Neil Young fans dug up his grave, took the shirt and just left his fucing corpse scattered around the cemetary. There was also the Nirvana V. Guns and Roses, Nirvana V. Pearl Jam, Nirvana V. Metallica beefs that were pretty fucking funny in their time. Kurt Cobain had major hate on for a lot of weak metal goofs.

DUMBO
04-05-2009, 04:47 PM
early big band jazz in new orleans was based on battling, though this was through nonverbal music rather than disses. it was the first battle of the bands.

Tecknowledgist
04-05-2009, 05:29 PM
The Neil Young Lynyrd Skynyrd(???) beef was nasty. Dude from Lynyrd Skynrd died and it was rumored he was buried in a Neil Young shirt, some crazy Neil Young fans dug up his grave, took the shirt and just left his fucing corpse scattered around the cemetary. There was also the Nirvana V. Guns and Roses, Nirvana V. Pearl Jam, Nirvana V. Metallica beefs that were pretty fucking funny in their time. Kurt Cobain had major hate on for a lot of weak metal goofs.

The feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young was always good-natured fun; they were actually big fans of each other. Ronnie Van Zant often wore Neil Young T-shirts on stage and is wearing one on the cover of Street Survivors, the last Skynyrd album before his death.

Neil Young played Sweet Home Alabama at a memorial to the 3 members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who died in a plane crash in 1977.

mastapowerful
04-07-2009, 11:01 PM
The feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young was always good-natured fun; they were actually big fans of each other. Ronnie Van Zant often wore Neil Young T-shirts on stage and is wearing one on the cover of Street Survivors, the last Skynyrd album before his death.

Neil Young played Sweet Home Alabama at a memorial to the 3 members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who died in a plane crash in 1977.

I always assumed it was good natured. I just meant that it was nasty in that it resultied in some poor guys carcass being totally disrespected. Actually, can carcasses even be disrespected???

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 02:13 PM
jB_qmRjetdE

RHsDa9_HSlA

first thing that came to my mind.

I think Neil Young and the Sex pistols also had a little something going on

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
early big band jazz in new orleans was based on battling, though this was through nonverbal music rather than disses. it was the first battle of the bands.

yea, dudes used to battle on the piano...Art Tatum was one of the piano battlers...see who could play stride better.