PDA

View Full Version : Apostle's Warning = top 5 verse of all-time by default

Chungsanity
04-04-2009, 10:49 PM
first of all, I gotta say that prime Prodigy has the best delivery in hiphop history. it was immaculate and you could take out your thesaurus and find every great word to describe his mic presence.

how many people gives this verse props? it ends off hell on earth with a bold statement.

EwhIQghGEYI

Intro: Havoc

Uhh GOD uhh y'know what we gotta do son!
Y'knowhutI'msayin? Word up!
Make that millions fam!
No doubt! It's only there for the takings son
Matter of fact let me get some of that beer son
We drunk all that shit hey yo!

(Havoc)

44th Side convention Queens connection
The Bridge be rep'tin
Any party that we step in get they heady up
V S O P immediately extra bent
Rob then out son is evident
We stash CREAM, mansions fulfill my dream
Ice 'reams gleam, spread love throughout the whole team
Dominate the game, let's have a rule, combinations
No conversation, bring all ya good confrontation
You hesitatin, ass spittin, that's bad business
for the game nigga, get out the business
You waste space, substitute here's the briefcase
We deface, smack the smile off ya fuckin face
Tainted taste, send ya home back to vacate
Get your shit together plus your mind straight

(Prodigy)

Yo
My empire strikes with the strength of poisonous snakes
My entire unit loaded up with snake niggas that hire stakes
We pull off a high stakes, great escapes, expand, shift team downstate
Dreams are growing over and my son'll live great
Little man I'm plannin to enhance your mindstate
The rebirth, a nigga who lived an ill life
The one before me was of an even more trife
My understandin, I'll raise you with precise plannin
and put you on to the whole game of this planet
But I gotta survive in order to follow thru plans to live lot-o
Me and my lil' getgo, any man tryin to stop us he get wet-o
He couldn't withstand the snake bite, there is no hanky
Don't you put your hands too close and try to approach
I won't snap at you I'm goin for throats
and when you feel my bite 'cha sing high notes
I peeped you from deep and then you got cut throats
My formulae-I live life do or die
Stare into the eyes of a deep wiseguy
Prodigy turnin niggas to protoges
My protege I advise ya ass to make way
Make way...for fully-auto gun spray
You're small prey, I'll easily bait and trap yea
This man is half mad scientist-half sane
Creative rhyme labryinth like poisonous cannabis
Here take a toke of this daily rare roackalist
Overpower y'all, tiny noise like locust
Like sunlight thru a magnifying glass I'll focus em
Burn a hole straight thru ya brain and leave ya open (Oh shit!)
and let the venom soak in
You start sweatin and goin thru convulsions from dope shit I write
Leavin niggas stuck, I let spit
Trapped up in a web of a nigga that's sick
I'll wrap you up in cocoon, you caught up in the midst
As dangerous as risky business fuckin with this
Contender number one I put you on top of the list
You're the best challenger so far I'll give you this
But peep this (what?) fatal shots that soloplex
Man down, now who dares to go next?
Like General Monkmonk orders to chop necks
I send a message to my whole clique to bomb shit
Atomic, no time for calm shit
We hyperactive and it's time for Vietnam bit
Ya whole alliance gets single handedly bomb-ded
Take heed to the apostle's warning
Word up!

his verse starting at 1:10 is timeless. I havent listened to a hiphop song more than apostle's warning, true story. Havoc's drums are nasty as always and Prodigy keeps it simple but far too effective. its not about wowing you with complex words, even though he still dropped science.

"like sunlight through a magnifying glass I'll focus and burn a hole straight through your brain and leave you open."

apostle's warning is the greatest verse ever laid down. I couldve said best hiphop verse in the thread title but I learned from the haters in the RD thread so I kept it objective here.

1. P on apostle's warning
2. INS on triumph
3. P on shook ones II
4. Biggie's first verse on Victory
5. Nas on live nigga rap

btw, cappadonna's verse on winter warz and canibus on beast from the east are overrated. dragged on far too long.

spiggity_ace
04-05-2009, 03:33 AM
first of all, I gotta say that prime Prodigy has the best delivery in hiphop history. it was immaculate and you could take out your thesaurus and find every great word to describe his mic presence.

how many people gives this verse props? it ends off hell on earth with a bold statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwhIQghGEYI

his verse starting at 1:10 is timeless. I havent listened to a hiphop song more than apostle's warning, true story. Havoc's drums are nasty as always and Prodigy keeps it simple but far too effective. its not about wowing you with complex words, even though he still dropped science.

"like sunlight through a magnifying glass I'll focus and burn a hole straight through your brain and leave you open."

apostle's warning is the greatest verse ever laid down. I couldve said best hiphop verse in the thread title but I learned from the haters in the RD thread so I kept it objective here.

2. INS on triumph
3. P on shook ones II
5. Nas on live nigga rap

btw, cappadonna's verse on winter warz and canibus on beast from the east are overrated. dragged on far too long.

man fuck u, i thot u had some cool opinions before but then u turned into like some ghostlaced wannabe fuck ur opinions faggot,
I grab mics and push niggas to the left
So fast their hearts end up on the right side of their chests> ur opinion

dont even talk about cappadonna with a jayz sig, cappadonna is bigger than the rap world lyrically physically mentally spiritually and emotionally

The Hound
04-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Can we please penalty box this guy?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 04:03 AM
This guys need to spend another 5 years listening to hip hop.

It's an age thing, he just obviously has heard maybe 10 - 20 different hip hop artists, and is making wild claims based on that.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-05-2009, 04:07 AM

2. INS on triumph
3. P on shook ones II
5. Nas on live nigga rap

I don't think u know what delivery means, cuz saying Prodigy has the best delivery is just dumb, son. Ionno what's wrong with you. Plus hell no, P got better verses, even I know that.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 04:19 AM
It's a good track, nice verse also.

But yeah, even P has better verses, not to mention anyone else.

Shook Ones Pt. II, Survival Of The Fittest, Drop A Gem On 'Em, More Trife Life, Man Down, Hell On Earth (Front Lines).

The God P walk with a limp, see?

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
It's a good track, nice verse also.

But yeah, even P has better verses, not to mention anyone else.

Shook Ones Pt. II, Survival Of The Fittest, Drop A Gem On 'Em, More Trife Life, Man Down, Hell On Earth (Front Lines).

The God P walk with a limp, see?

atleast you recognize classic mobb verses, but more trife life was a havoc solo - P wasnt even on that joint.

Ive listened to all those joints countless times, but apostle's warning was simply the cherry on the cake. theres a reason why it ended the hell on earth album like that, rappers gotta take heed to the apostle's warning.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
this is a good thread.

i like this chugsanity guy, he actually makes good points lol.

I always talk about apostles warning, btw, you were asking.

staycreepin_n_silence
04-05-2009, 02:17 PM
the last selection

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM
man fuck u, i thot u had some cool opinions before but then u turned into like some ghostlaced wannabe fuck ur opinions faggot,
I grab mics and push niggas to the left
So fast their hearts end up on the right side of their chests> ur opinion

dont even talk about cappadonna with a jayz sig, cappadonna is bigger than the rap world lyrically physically mentally spiritually and emotionally

ghostlaced wannabe? what the fuck is that jibberish shit you're saying?

The way Prodigy articulated himself on the mic during his prime is impeccable. he truly sounded like a cold blooded G about to snap on your entire clique.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I must have been thinking of the original Trife Life then.

The one with "Nothing sweet, first nigga frontin, getting lifted off his fucking feet"

spiggity_ace
04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
ghostlaced wannabe? what the fuck is that jibberish shit you're saying?

The way Prodigy articulated himself on the mic during his prime is impeccable. he truly sounded like a cold blooded G about to snap on your entire clique.

lol gibberish, its english, u mite have heard of it, matter of fact i think ur typing in it, i never sed prodigy is wack did i, apostles warning top 5 verse ever, fuck that man, his shook ones pt 2 verse is better i think and my fav verse of his is either god pt 3 or survival of the fittest, his verse on quiet storm is underrated, i never hear it spoken of, thats himi goin back to his prime rite there. but still fuck ur opinion.

Paranoid
04-05-2009, 05:15 PM

2. INS on triumph
3. P on shook ones II
5. Nas on live nigga rap

I think auihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdh giuhfkgjndgkjauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfds hbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkg jndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndg jfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgb sjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdg fdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgauiewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiu rdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgauihfdshbfsjdafgbsjhbfdgaui ewrtyugndgjfdgkdngiurdhgiuhfkgjndgkjnfdgfdgnfdgfdg

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 06:22 PM
changed the url and embedded the legendary joint so people could be more involved for this legendary verse.

and whoever voted for the 1st option, mad respect. real recognize real.

diggy
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Apostle's Warning is replayable many times.

Check Prodigy's verse from the "war's on"

nS-wFjxXLFM

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 07:06 PM
^RESPECT. CLASSIC JOINT RIGHT THERE. matter of fact, Prodigy's line in that joint is in the top 10 lines of all-time:

"fuck a pearly white gate all that bullshit is fake / the only gates I see if they send the god upstate."

^legendary. he just murdered RSO on their owned shit. no one was fucking with a 19-21 year old prodigy.

Monkdude
04-05-2009, 07:12 PM
one of my favorite prodigy verses, his flow was dope on hell on earth, and youre right, his delivery and charisma are disgusting on apostles warning, he rips that track to shreds. top 5 all time is not correct though. i like his quiet storm verses over this one. "those who listen, get addicted to my diction"

beautifulrock
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Mobb Deep blows

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
one of my favorite prodigy verses, his flow was dope on hell on earth, and youre right, his delivery and charisma are disgusting on apostles warning, he rips that track to shreds. top 5 all time is not correct though. i like his quiet storm verses over this one. "those who listen, get addicted to my diction"

fair enough. the 3 verses on quiet storm were legendary.

there's a reason why P is the most sampled rapper of all-time. he's probably sampled on yall hater's favorite songs. is it IT's controversial song Dance with the devil? is it Pun's first full track on CP, telling you to beware? hell, is it wackass backpacker common's song The 6th sense?

he was even on my favorite album of all-time, Reasonable doubt, go figure.

corky831
04-05-2009, 10:19 PM
i say top 10 ....but closer 2 10 range.....i luv his verse its absolute flames on this song

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 10:24 PM
^how do I give reps? Ive been tryin to figure that out.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-06-2009, 01:25 AM
You can't because your dickless.

P always had the best opening lines.

He always started a verse off with something striking.

diggy
04-06-2009, 05:20 AM
"If these walls could talk"

True poetry:

xBy6Zwcgc_0&feature=related

Don Universo
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Personally I prefer Havoc instead of P...

THE W
04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
not even close

Chungsanity
04-06-2009, 08:00 PM
not even close

what are your top 5 verses ever?

Monkdude
04-06-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah, p always had dope opening lines. no rapper fell off like him though. one of my favorite P lines: "im yawning while i wake up to the early morning gun fire, another day another scar to acquire, jumped out my bed tried to break my alarm, took a shower and then i strapped on my firearm"

JerseyIronman
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
there are thousands of verses, from Wu-tang ALONE.

In ALL of Hip-hop? there are like millions probably i dunno lol

Some are really lyrical, some are passionate, some have great delivery, some are really creative.

Its so subjective.

Young Spade
04-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Song is nasty.

Prodigy aint.

Chungsanity
04-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Song is nasty.

Prodigy aint.

pardon me?

I gotta add to my opening post, cause the haters need to peep the lines he was spitting:

"he couldnt withstand the snakebite there is no antidote"

"creative rhyme labyrinth like poisonous cannabis"

^god damn P wasnt your average street rapper. the man mustve been deep into that einstein shit, who the fuck talks about labyrinth? fuckin ILL.

and the sunlight thru a magnifying glass line was off the charts, my favorite part of P's legendary verse. oh shit!!!

"like general monkmonk orders to chop necks"

monk monk was some ancient figure who executed people or somethin like that. P was dropping mad knowledge on apostle's warning. if yall think its neither top 5 or even top 10 then thats fine, but apostle's warning is top 20 by default then, easily.

ButterCrunchJoints
04-07-2009, 02:34 AM
not top 50.
have you heard of this guy GZA? he's pretty good you should give him a listen, as he has at least 20 verses better than this.

in your words, "he must've been deep into that Einstein shit" because he said the word labyrinth?? lololol are you 12?

Chungsanity
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
to the people who voted for the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd options. mad respect - real recognize real.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-07-2009, 11:58 AM

^god damn p wasnt your average street rapper. The man mustve been deep into that einstein shit, who the fuck talks about labyrinth? Fuckin ill.

ahahahahhahhahahhahahhaha

Ya_Bane
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
pardon me?

^god damn p wasnt your average street rapper. The man mustve been deep into that einstein shit, who the fuck talks about labyrinth? Fuckin ill.

lmfaooo

Young Spade
04-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh wow he said the word labyrinth, which means he was at that time the most sophisticated and deep rapper to walk the street...

hahahaha please dudes lyrics was mean back then no doubt but youre overreacting

Dont forget how Mobb feel off after Murda Muzik though

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
alot of fags are being xxxposed in this thread for clowing on a well known and accepted classic verse.

"he couldnt withstand the snakebite there is no antidote"

the line goes "create a rhyme labyrinth"

but whatever, its a sick sick verse. P delivery and rhythem is insane.

I still havent heard any NY rapper with a better flow than P in the 90's.

ShaDynasty
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah Prodigy spit straight acid from 'The Infamous' to about 2000, and every now and then he can still drop a hot 16 like he used to. But I could take that verse and replace it with almost any other from that timezone, since he nearly always talks about the same shit with the same high degree of skill. I can't see objectively how that verse is better than 'The lost page of a wild rhyme writin nigga' or 'Still Shinin' for example, but he pretty much outshone Hav through that whole era, I mean Hav is important in a way cos you might not notice P so much if he was solo, and same for Hav.

spiggity_ace
04-07-2009, 07:04 PM
alot of fags are being xxxposed in this thread for clowing on a well known and accepted classic verse.

IMO g rap, big pun, big l, canibus, ghost, spice 1, brotha lynch, bone thugs, all had better flows than p in the nineties and the early rza stuff

JerseyIronman
04-07-2009, 07:10 PM
^^

Yea... early 90's NY rap was a pretty deep and talented rap scene, to say the least.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
IMO g rap, big pun, big l, canibus, ghost, spice 1, brotha lynch, bone thugs, all had better flows than p in the nineties and the early rza stuff

I clearly said NY rappers, why did you make me repeat this?

and lol @ you thinking canibus has flow, smh.

Crack Killz
04-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Any verse on Nas's Take It In Blood shits on this

YungSunny
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
IT Was Written shits on this.

Including If I Ruled the World

J-DON
04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
WHAT THE FUCK? IT WAS WRITTEN SHITS ON HELL ON EARTH? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Fuck, Im sorry but NOBODY gives you that grimey feeling like early Prodigy! Except maybe early Meth on some tracks. Whenever a 90s P verse kicks in my face instantly turns into a menacing grimace just from what im hearing.

YungSunny
04-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I said It Was Written shits on the song.
I've heard Hell only 3 times, so I can't really compare it between It Was Written.

On the real Infamous was better.

x7fifteen4
04-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Wow! I've been saying this for years. Apostles Warning by Prodigy is one of my personal all time verses!

Chungsanity
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
^real talk. haters need to recognize and realize.

truest shit spoken on the corp. P's flow was far too underrated.

SG5yR2VVyJo

see how he glides over the gritty hav beat perfectly with the first verse.

back to apostle's warning, I love how he puts the emphasis on the last word of each line, just when the kick happens at the same time if yall know what I mean. thats a testament to how ridiculous prime P's flow was especially on apostle's warning.

Chungsanity
04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
and whoever edited my opening post and put the verse, props for that.

YungSunny
04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Doe or Die pretty much shits on Prodigy's whole catalog.
If you REALLY wanna talk about flow.

Drunken Monk
04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
This guys need to spend another 5 years listening to hip hop.

It's an age thing, he just obviously has heard maybe 10 - 20 different hip hop artists, and is making wild claims based on that.

fo sure

JerseyIronman
04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
see how he glides over the gritty hav beat perfectly with the first verse.

back to apostle's warning, I love how he puts the emphasis on the last word of each line, just when the kick happens at the same time if yall know what I mean. thats a testament to how ridiculous prime P's flow was especially on apostle's warning.

True, P does have very good flow, i think Ghostface has better flow however...

MNGI2Uvs6S4

FLOW!

Chungsanity
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
fo sure

lmao you think he's accurate trying to mis-paint my hiphop knowledge?

spiggity_ace
04-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I clearly said NY rappers, why did you make me repeat this?

and lol @ you thinking canibus has flow, smh.

alrite homie but im pretty sure g rap, big pun, ghostface, big l are all from new york, ill even throw in method man, sticky fingaz, fredro, aforementioned AZ, maybe chino if u like it, i dig his flow, too poetic, big daddy kane, biggie, pharoahe monche, all had better flows, not sayin p's flow sucks but id put these NY rappers ahead of them. How does canibus not have flow, he had one of the sickest flows rite wen he came out, that evil voice with the multis was sick, its ur opinion if u think that sucks but that was a sick flow.

Chungsanity
04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
absolute blasphemy. canibus and chino xl should be totally out of the equation with the best flows. they suck ass in their transitions between bars and fail to realize the essence of rhythm.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-08-2009, 09:17 PM
And Prodigy sounds half asleep most of the time.

J-DON
04-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I said It Was Written shits on the song.
I've heard Hell only 3 times, so I can't really compare it between It Was Written.

On the real Infamous was better.

how do you compare and album to a single songÉÉÉ

BUT WHATEVER

ITS P, LIVE AND DIRECT, STAB YA NECK! ICE PICK BLOODIED UP YOUR WHOLE ENTIRE SHIT!

YungSunny
04-08-2009, 09:50 PM
The Message > Apostle's Warning.

Better?

Chungsanity
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
not top 50.
have you heard of this guy GZA? he's pretty good you should give him a listen, as he has at least 20 verses better than this.

GZA's dope but what are his top verses? let's see if it measures up to apostle's warning

ButterCrunchJoints
04-09-2009, 12:39 AM
i'm not really sure why I need to respond to this since there is absolutely no comparing P and GZA but here are a few verses to start with.

Shadowboxin'
Bring Da Ruckus
both verses on Liquid Swords
Reunited
both verses on Living in the World Today

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-09-2009, 07:57 AM
GZA's dope but what are his top verses? let's see if it measures up to apostle's warning

bwahahahhahahahahha

Entire Liquid Swords should be enuff. Killah Hills 10304 for instance. Investigative Reports...don't let me start talking about the brilliance of his second verse on Living in the world today.

or....

q4BcyjAlTg8

[GZA]
His autobiography had came to an end
With the final chapter written in blood upon the skin
From snakes, that was dirty as rodents
Therefore to a starving one, the call for hunger is potent
Some kids at a young age, their skull is fractured
Their mind store the sickest images ever captured
They draw pistols to resolve issues
To give 'em a sense of closure to expose the brain tissue
The shells was evidence, of a violent event
That left a young dealer bent, from a hundred rounds spent
The lifestyle, is a thousand miles from a minister
A small con game with something far more sinister
Peer pressure got him moving faster, a paradise of mutation
Open the gates of disaster
And murder is not the only cold blooded crime
You got fiends that'll torture the teens to get a dime

[Chorus: GZA]
Empty ya pockets, nigga, and don't move
You react any other way, and they'll prove
Cuz they ain't got a problem with laying ya ass out
Or putting in work, so you can see what it's about
Money got the flow, nigga, and don't stop
Whether drugs or a hoe, nigga, stay on top
Cuz they don't have a problem with running up in ya house
And burning it to the ground, after the shit is doused

[GZA]
I told him to save his breathe
Cuz he hovered on the brink of death
He wasn't living right before he left
His life took an unexpected turn
For those who walked that path, here's a lesson to learn
Coming from a nesting ground, of those on the growl
In a state of darkness, menacing on the prowl
Local rivals and known competitors
Who tried to stay clear from the, spying eyes of predators
On the hunt, they constantly taught persistence
Those with less heart, keep a respectful distance
The pray, no, it's too hot, to lay in the street
They find shaded areas, a few feet from the heat
Cuz if not, then, it will be costing one
Who will soon evaporate under a scorching sun
Cuz when the drought is on, it's little left
Then what lies ahead, dehydration and eventual death

[Chorus]

[Outro: GZA]
We doing music from the heart, and not from the charts

Yeah P is dope from time to time, but GZA is always on point.

UncontrolledSubstans
04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Talking about flow:

RNP4u6ajU0w

Deck got the best flow, ever.

Afficial_Nastee
04-09-2009, 08:51 AM
LOL what bout Big Pun (best flow in Hip-Hop history) , Kool G Rap , Method Man (you can hear that one the same cd which this whole thread is build on) , Biggie , Killa Sin , RA The Rugged Man just to name a few....

That track Apostle's Warning is classic by the way and Prodigy is droppin' some dope stuff.... But I've never considered him to be "the best MC of NY" or "the rapper with the best flow in NY" in my opinion he's just a dope MC nothing more nothing less....

Chungsanity
04-09-2009, 11:30 AM
i'm not really sure why I need to respond to this since there is absolutely no comparing P and GZA but here are a few verses to start with.

Shadowboxin'
Bring Da Ruckus
both verses on Liquid Swords
Reunited
both verses on Living in the World Today

yall seriously gotta give it to Prodigy in his prime. he's the Mike Tyson of hiphop. his style was impetuous and impregnable but then he fell off bad (Tyson dismissing Rooney) and P sniffing too much coke.

but P was the king of the hill while it lasted. you wanna say those are better than apostle's warning? fine, but P on Power Rap >>>>>>>>> any GZA verse

AlLyC0GOg-g

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-09-2009, 02:51 PM
^^^^^^so now u r saying Apostle's Warning is top5, and that Power Rap Freestyle is better than any GZA and Prodigy track?

:O Best secondary ever.