PDA

View Full Version : Havoc appreciation thread. GOAT Producer

Chungsanity
04-04-2009, 10:14 PM
eventually we gotta compare the greatest to other producers. to start it off, I love kanye as a producer and as an artist, but he can eat a dick.

Premo/RZA/Dre = all cliche choices for GOAT

which beat did Em use to beat papa doc and end 8 mile on a positive note? thats right, shook ones II produced by havoc with the legendary drums, the industrialized sample and whatever incorporated into that beat.

which beat plays at basketball tournaments in high school or whichever level during warmup/halftime etc? that's right, quiet storm and its definitely a club STORMER.

the scarface music sample for GOD PT 3 was amazing. it's documented that havoc was a classical music freak, tweeking and remaking classical music for the infamous/hell on earth.

I got respect for the top producers.

Premo was on almost every eastcoast classic you could name. however, a lot of garbage filler beats made.
RZA = incarcerated scarfaces was incredible but also has a bunch of filler beats.
Dr. Dre = basically invented G Funk music, nuff said.

but Hav has been consistent his whole career.

P.S. J Dilla was one overrated son of a gun and is not a top tier producer. death overrated him. R.I.P. anyway.

EAGLE EYE
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Havoc is a genius with his crimey beats.

noel411
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Infamous, Hell on Earth and Murda Musik was some of the illest production ever.

GOAT though? Nah.

EAGLE EYE
04-04-2009, 10:41 PM
WHY do you guys even make references of GOAT?

There is no way to win or have the final word. It's like playing endless TETRIS. No point at all.

noel411
04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
He's a fucken human being, not a Goat...aren't I allowed to point that out?

EAGLE EYE
04-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Goats killed hip hop

fss-I6JL7tg

Stikee Fingerz
04-04-2009, 10:50 PM
In the early 90's, Large Professor made heads do the wig out when he was on top of shit. He was up there with Pete Rock and produced a lot of gemz.

ALCATRAZ
04-04-2009, 10:59 PM
reasonable doubt > ob4cl and illmatic

havoc > dr dre and rza

thats strike two doggy!!!

EAGLE EYE
04-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Hopefully a scientist will take a DNA sample of all these producers and splice together a super strand which will be used to genetically modify an embryo which will grow up to be a super producer.

YungSunny
04-05-2009, 05:11 AM
9th Wonder got better material than havoc.

claaa7
04-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Havoc's production from "The Infamous", "Murda Muzik" and of course "Hell of Earth", plus the beats he hooked up for other artists around that time like NaS on "It Was Written", CNN, Tragedy, Big Noyd, etc.. "Infamy" had a few real dope Havoc productions but he's been very hit-and-miss lately imo, i wouldn't count him as one of the top-10 producers although if he had stopped making records in 2000 i might have done so. He still puts out a real grimey banger occassionally, the joint he gave Method Man on "4:21" was fucking nasty.

SL33
04-05-2009, 07:19 AM
to start it off, I love kanye as a producer and as an artist, but he can eat a dick.

which beat plays at basketball tournaments in high school or whichever level during warmup/halftime etc? that's right, quiet storm and its definitely a club STORMER.

the scarface music sample for GOD PT 3 was amazing. it's documented that havoc was a classical music freak, tweeking and remaking classical music for the infamous/hell on earth.

um, quiet storm is not a club stormer. but i agree, infamous/hell on earth was amazing, but he fell off.

Tonystarks420
04-05-2009, 10:27 AM
lmaoo at the threadstarter pointing out how the GREAT EMINEM chose to spit over shook ones part 2 to end the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME 8 MILE like its a fucken accomplishment.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
infamous/hell on earth>>>>any DJ premeir produced albums

EnD
04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
DYjD3eSchuE

graffitiwhat
04-05-2009, 11:03 AM
what about buckwild or lord finesse, or da beatminerz just throwing some other producers out there who were doing shit the same time and still are

BLACK BART SIMPSON
04-05-2009, 11:18 AM
DYjD3eSchuE

thats crack...

he is underraed definetly plus he has his own unique style kind of like old wu-tang (careful click click) nnot rly tho...

when alchemist makes beats for prodigy they kinda sound like hav's but a little less dirty...which can be good sometimes...so i get confused to what alchemist made or hav made...like who produced ABC? fucking nasty mac 10 handle? fucking nasty....more to name...

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 01:19 PM
infamous/hell on earth>>>>any DJ premeir produced albums

co muthafuckin sign

who could ever make an instrumental as hard and gritty as this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jdfo6Zq88R4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jdfo6Zq88R4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YungSunny
04-05-2009, 02:11 PM
^GOAT post

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 02:21 PM
eventually we gotta compare the greatest to other producers. to start it off, I love kanye as a producer and as an artist, but he can eat a dick.

which beat did Em use to beat papa doc and end 8 mile on a positive note? thats right, shook ones II produced by havoc with the legendary drums, the industrialized sample and whatever incorporated into that beat.

Premo was on almost every eastcoast classic you could name. however, a lot of garbage filler beats made.
RZA = incarcerated scarfaces was incredible but also has a bunch of filler beats.

P.S. J Dilla was one overrated son of a gun and is not a top tier producer. death overrated him. R.I.P. anyway.

Havoc is probably the best producer who mc's.

RZA doesn't really come close to him as an mc.

But in terms of beats, RZA tops him to me.

A few other also maybe, but he's definitely up there.

And yeah, Dilla is overrated (but then all dead musicians are) but he still has a lot of good material that was 'top tier'.

Additionally, Dre is the most overrated 'pioneer' in hip hop. I a lot of the beats he has made, but he is hardly original and didn't really create another. Just tweaked some P Funk very slightly and got better mc's than himself to rhyme over it.

ALCATRAZ
04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
And yeah, Dilla is overrated

stop it

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Additionally, Dre is the most overrated 'pioneer' in hip hop. I a lot of the beats he has made, but he is hardly original and didn't really create another. Just tweaked some P Funk very slightly and got better mc's than himself to rhyme over it.

No, the only thing overrated in Dre's career is 2001.

His whole west coast movement was legendary whether you liked it or not. I wasnt there but I can picture in my head how dope of a time that was. Even though ive always been a east coast mobb deep fan.

As I get older I can objectivly appreciate west coast music at base level, rather than looking at it trhu east coast goggles.

Havoc nailed a style that no one ever equalled. You can talk about Black Moon, BCC and all these other hardcore acts who had the dark production, but non of them NAILED IT like he did.

I just gotta give props to his mom's record collection, which is where he got all the HOE and Infamous samples from.

She had some pretty fucking obscure shit if you look thru the sample sets for him.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I said he was overrated as a 'pioneer'.

And then i said i liked his music, and that had nothing to do with it.

No idea why you brought up BCC, but Dah Shinin, Da Storm and Nocturnal are all on a similar level to The Infamous or Hell on Earth.

Slightly weaker beats, slightly better mc's.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Havoc is probably the best producer who mc's.

Agree [bar RZA who is better at both in my opinion]

RZA doesn't really come close to him as an mc.

Disagree

But in terms of beats, RZA tops him to me.

And me.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 02:43 PM
stop it

You actually think he can be placed in the top 3?

With guys like Pete Rock, The RZA, Premo, Havoc etc.?

I can't really think of an album he produced which is universally considered a classic, let alone multiple albums.

The rest made several.

ALCATRAZ
04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
thats not what i was replying to.. i was replying to you saying jay dee is overrated... which he obviously isnt... not saying hes goat, but he's definitely top 10 doa

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I can't really think of an album he produced which is universally considered a classic, let alone multiple albums.

l.

He has alot of classic beats all over the place from 1995.

But its his sound which was notable, not his albums.

His drums. Thats all i have to say, if you dont understand about his drums your not listening hard enough to music.

The biggest problem and the most important part of hip hop beats is the drums.

90% of current producers have wack drums

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
thats not what i was replying to.. i was replying to you saying jay dee is overrated... which he obviously isnt... not saying hes goat, but he's definitely top 10 doa

Well, people who rate him put him up there in the top 3 or 5.

Which is why i asked if you thought he was.

There is a case in point, right here:

He has alot of classic beats all over the place from 1995.

But its his sound which was notable, not his albums.

His drums. Thats all i have to say, if you dont understand about his drums your not listening hard enough to music.

The biggest problem and the most important part of hip hop beats is the drums.

90% of current producers have wack drums

Wow!

What the fuck are you talking about, i like Dilla.

You didn't answer the question about him having produced universally agreed upon classics, which would be a prerequisite for being in a top 5 or whatever to me.

Tonystarks420
04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
iunno how anyone can say havoc is the best producer to mc

this lyrics come no where to RZA's and hell id say MF Doom has iller lyrics then havoc.

not shittin on the dude, im a huge mobb fan, but no way do his lyrics touch rza's. or even dooms

Tracks
04-05-2009, 03:23 PM
DYjD3eSchuE

WOW

hav has always been one of my favorites.

J-DON
04-05-2009, 03:26 PM
havoc has fallen off in recent years but like someone else said he WAS that dark gritty sound

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 03:27 PM
co muthafuckin sign

who could ever make an instrumental as hard and gritty as this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jdfo6Zq88R4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jdfo6Zq88R4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

why is the embed not working?

anyway, party over is the blueprint of havoc's beats. the crazy ass drums, the static sound, and the straight up militant atmosphere of the beat. no one could produce better.

smh @ doom. doom is garbage, just like his retarded persona.

ALCATRAZ
04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
why is the embed not working?

take the youtube url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1WMazCaUA

now remove everything before the "=" symbol

now u got uQ1WMazCaUA

now put [ youtube ] before that and [ /youtube ] after that (remove the spaces tho)

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 03:32 PM
havoc has fallen off in recent years but like someone else said he WAS that dark gritty sound

he's just adapting to music over time. we cant stay in the mid 90's forever - he adapted to the mainstream sound but he still keeps that crimey, gutter sound in his beats.

H.A.V.O.C. forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USEGIVznc8&feature=related

ABSOLUTE GENIUS. BEST SONG ON THE WAR REPORT. you could blast this joint in your whip all day.

racist randy
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Havoc does have heat, I would place him in my top 10 producers that I listen to.
uYcuT4TAxCY

YungSunny
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
You actually think he can be placed in the top 3?

With guys like Pete Rock, The RZA, Premo, Havoc etc.?

The rest made several.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Voodoo_UK.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/Slumvillage-vol1official.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Labcabincalifornia.jpg

Paranoid
04-05-2009, 03:56 PM

kjzngfdsnjlfbS&(DgfbSUDyhnbf8q2tg6534t17326487324sudhbfsjh fsdjhnbfsjndfskldfsd

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 04:11 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Voodoo_UK.jpg

da fuck are you talking about?

read up more

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-05-2009, 04:14 PM
supposedly dilla had a big influence on that album.

but wasnt officially credited with any song on it.

claaa7
04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
add "Donuts" and "Welcome 2 Detroit"..

sdeblasi
04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
smh @ doom. doom is garbage, just like his retarded persona.

Havoc is def in my top 10...but u saying Doom is garbage? r u fucking serous, i think thats strike 3

strike 1: Reasonable doubt best album ever
strike 2: havoc > rza and dre
strike 3: doom is garbage

sdeblasi
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
add "Donuts" and "Welcome 2 Detroit"..

i consider "Donuts" classic

Fantastic Vol. 1 and 2 are both unbeliavable

Dilla is def top 10 no question

Chungsanity
04-05-2009, 04:41 PM
take the youtube url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1WMazCaUA

now remove everything before the "=" symbol

now u got uQ1WMazCaUA

now put [ youtube ] before that and [ /youtube ] after that (remove the spaces tho)

thx. thats neat.

Havoc = king of dark productions

Cfp34pRNf6s

ALCATRAZ
04-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Havoc = king of dark productions

if u woulda jus used that as ur title u wouldnt have as many haters as u do now lol

YungSunny
04-05-2009, 05:55 PM
supposedly dilla had a big influence on that album.

but wasnt officially credited with any song on it.

He didn't really produce any track on the album, but it was heavily influenced by his style. Might as well credit him.

The Prime Sithesizah
04-06-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm gonna prefer Erick Sermon as the Greatest Hip Hop Producer Of All Time.. for the simple fact that he's made most of the illest styles and he's never really duplicated, unlike these other so-called "GREATETST" producers.. but that's me..

JerseyIronman
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
NO hes not the GOAT producer.

Not that theres many defenitive opinions that everyone really agrees on in Hip hop, which is why all your threads about "THIS IS THE TOP 5 VERSE EVER" are so retarded.

On any top producers list your always going to see at least Pete Rock, Dr. Dre, RZA and DJ Premier before Havoc... and potentially Marly Marl, Large Pro, Kanye, J Dilla & The Bomb Squad.

Dont get me wrong, i love Havoc's work on the Infamous and Hell On Earth, hes up there...

as for people who say J Dilla is overrated maybe he is but it hurts me when I see this cuz i love Donuts so much, its definitely one of my favorite albums to just play and i love throwing Donut tracks on playlists

Chungsanity
04-06-2009, 10:25 AM
perhaps I shouldnt make these GOAT threads anymore so fuck it. atleast Havoc's respected on this site.

special shoutout goes to easy mo bee - crazy underrated.

JerseyIronman
04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
perhaps I shouldnt make these GOAT threads anymore so fuck it. atleast Havoc's respected on this site.

special shoutout goes to easy mo bee - crazy underrated.

why wouldnt he be respected on this site lol

this is a Wu-tang site, Mobb Deep is in the same era and genre, same sub-genre.