PDA

View Full Version : Jim Jones ? .....word

Don Universo
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Ya'll like this dude?

Don Universo
04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I've been listening to hip hop for a while and I pretty much know who can spit and who can't. For the life of me I don't know how people say he's hot or a good emcee or dope ect. The only cat I even dig in harlem is Cam and most because harlem as a whole is pretty weak. Big L has been gone for a while now and he's still the dopest thing in Harlem.

don't wanna bash, but I just wanna know what I'm not seein in Jim Jones...

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-06-2009, 02:15 PM
he fell off recently.

around dip immunity peak era he was shinin no homo. and then he had the whole ballin hit.

people respected him because they thought he had alot of swag on and off the mic. and he seemed real. but more recently hes been more of a joke. always too high to be coherent.

this song though is a classic imo.

sQ6VuQHvfUE

^when i first heard this i thought this guy might actually go on to be THE hip hop star.

Tage
04-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Ghostlaced, your on a Wu board. get the fuck out. classic? only thing that is classic is the beat.

oh and this lyric...

"and if my **** boys'll murder ya
your lightweight i get the young boys to murder ya"

^creativity is mindblowing. (i turned it off at that point)

portis24
04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
his first album on my way to chuch was pretty good but after that i feel it's been down hll

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
this is real to alot of people.

the lyrics in that song were dope.

BronzearmzNYC
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
What do you mean, Harlem is kind of weak??? As in rap music???

Tage
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM

so is this...

839DO8-0cY8&

Hollow Dartz
04-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Everybody isn't warcloud....SMH

Tage
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
^what does that mean? was that directed at me? jim jones is categorically wack.

BornPower
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM

the lyrics in that song were dope.

If you think the lyrics in that song were dope, then I question your judgment of what hip hop is/should be.

Don Universo
04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
What do you mean, Harlem is kind of weak??? As in rap music???

Of course...musically. I got love for NY, I'm a jersey nigga.
Queens, brooklyn, and maybe even the BX have always had better emcees than harlem world.

sdeblasi
04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Jim Jones is only average, nothing at all more, probably not much less

its gonna be interesting to hear him on Dopium...

YungSunny
04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
When he first came out I just thought he would be a rapping spliff starr.
But when I heard his new song "na na na" I was like "This dude can actualy spit!".

Rame
04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I like some of his recent solo music. His dipset music was ill.

Bedlam
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrKcOyl5eNs

Young Spade
04-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Only reason people could tolerate Jim Jones is because his beats were flames. When Heatmakers make alot of your tracks, your automatically listenable until listeners are tired of that chipmunk sound and sped up soul samples.

Otherwise Jim is doo-doo. His new album is worse than the last one and the beats he relied on to make cover up his lyrically inept bars are long gone.

whitey
04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
he fell off recently.

around dip immunity peak era he was shinin no homo. and then he had the whole ballin hit.

people respected him because they thought he had alot of swag on and off the mic. and he seemed real. but more recently hes been more of a joke. always too high to be coherent.

this song though is a classic imo.

sQ6VuQHvfUE

^when i first heard this i thought this guy might actually go on to be THE hip hop star.

hah thats a jim jones beat? i never knew, (i never really listened to jj like that). damn the only time i heard that was on that clipse mixtape, i knew the beat wasnt theres, but that version is way better than jones's.

i think hes got potential, he just makes fuck ass songs. na na na na na na. like wtf?

if he spit like he did on that kid cudi, day and night remix, all the time, pfffffff fire. but he doesnt.