PDA

View Full Version : Improving the 'Ledge

Visionz
04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd like more participation in the area in general. What would you like to see different from what you've been seeing? I'm here to help :b

Prolifical ENG
04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
I dont know. Its hard to match KTL from the golden era but we could be starting the renaissance.

Its not for everybody.

I think it needs to start with the people. The people meaning the all time KTL heavyweights doing what they do. Theres over a dozen of them. I just seen My First Timbs post there today...been ages.

Visionz
04-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I dont know. Its hard to match KTL from the golden era but we could be starting the renaissance.

Its not for everybody.

I think it needs to start with the people. The people meaning the all time KTL heavyweights doing what they do. Theres over a dozen of them. I just seen My First Timbs post there today...been ages.
no doubt, a lot of the non-sense that goes on is about to be put on hold.

do you think that ridding the place of disrespect gets things back in order by default?

netscape check two
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I'd like to see Sam7 come back.

Prolifical ENG
04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
do you think that ridding the place of disrespect gets things back in order by default?

Rubbing things out in a place of building wont default anything. It would just be a whole bunch of nothing in there.

There are many that come to this site primarily for KTL. Start a good thread and they will add. Threads with just 2 people and 60 posts are seldom good threads and usually end up being negative vortexes.

Usually at times there would be only 1-2 posters carrying the torch in KTL. Right now there is nobody. The goal is for at least a dozen passing the torch around.

Mumm Ra
04-07-2009, 11:35 PM

Visionz
04-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Rubbing things out in a place of building wont default anything. It would just be a whole bunch of nothing in there.

There are many that come to this site primarily for KTL. Start a good thread and they will add. Threads with just 2 people and 60 posts are seldom good threads and usually end up being negative vortexes.

Usually at times there would be only 1-2 posters carrying the torch in KTL. Right now there is nobody. The goal is for at least a dozen passing the torch around. Word but I think a hostile environment for learning chased them out. I think certain things have to happen for the people that do have a lot to contribute to stay.

isn't dude perma-banned? I've only heard stories.

TSA
04-07-2009, 11:44 PM
KTLs problem is that only a few ppl Know any Ledges in real life.

thus when you bring up something real and tangible it will be ignored.
Humans give themselves too much credit, we're not interested in a lot of stuff, and dont want to learn.

ppl wanna talk about the easy stuff
race
religion
illuminati or whatever

cause that's what interest them and its only human to be interested in a narrow set of things. Everyone is just kind fixed to their stations of interest including me.

Therefore to fix the problem bring in a more diverse array of ppl with unique interests.
if its that deep advertise elsewhere, hell even on the site. You have have a disclaimer for a week saying CHECK OUT KNOW THE LEDGE then you click on it and go to it.

theres 16,600 niggers that check this site. only like 40 of them know how to use the features.

i used to know even know KTL existed by my 2nd year of being here cause whatever, let more ppl in on shit or give them a reason to check KTL and a more diverse range on interests and discussions will drop

Visionz
04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
KTLs problem is that only a few ppl Know any Ledges in real life.

thus when you bring up something real and tangible it will be ignored.
Humans give themselves too much credit, we're not interested in a lot of stuff, and dont want to learn.

ppl wanna talk about the easy stuff
race
religion
illuminati or whatever

cause that's what interest them and its only human to be interested in a narrow set of things. Everyone is just kind fixed to their stations of interest including me.

Therefore to fix the problem bring in a more diverse array of ppl with unique interests.
if its that deep advertise elsewhere, hell even on the site. You have have a disclaimer for a week saying CHECK OUT KNOW THE LEDGE then you click on it and go to it.

theres 16,600 niggers that check this site. only like 40 of them know how to use the features.

i used to know even know KTL existed by my 2nd year of being here cause whatever, let more ppl in on shit or give them a reason to check KTL and a more diverse range on interests and discussions will drop
word, I appreciate this kind of feedback on the real man, thanks

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 12:13 AM
isn't dude perma-banned? I've only heard stories.
last I knew his apartment burned down and he hasn't posted since
but I tried searching his username and couldn't find it......

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I'd like to see more discussions about technology and its relation to anthropology.

TSA
04-08-2009, 12:26 AM
^(ish)

here's another thing. why the hell do we have so many subforums?

the book section, tech section, and other ledge like sections can all be added into KTL

this is a good way to bring ppl of different interest in.

make it more of a 'discuss real shit seriously' themed forum and not a 'knowledge' themed forum.

Then ppl that normally wouldn't touch the shit hole, but would go to the book (lol) and tech sections will check and add their input on stuff they wouldn't have been able to see before cause they had no reason to click KTL.

Re-package the whole subforum.

Add all the useless other forums in there (not as sub forums, that doesn't help)

Have a little red circle by it for a month while your repacking it and a disclaimer advertising the new KTL

Ppl have a negative stigma about the place, the best way to shed stigma is to fool ppl into thinking the other thing is dead and a new thing is coming, and you dont even have to change shit.

-fuse it with other forums
-advertise it for a period of time
-search the internet for highly discussed topics (actively) and have 'ghost posters' post them as new topics for that week of advertising. This will take advantage of the surge of ppl and they will be more likely to find topics that interest them and keep posting them there.
-move up the location of the link in the forums section, right below gen chat i think, a new location will cause everyone to click it and you just need that inital surge with good topics to keep ppl in.

after a while ditch the ghost posters disclaimer and red button thing.

also do this during a high traffic time, like when CUBAN LINX 2 is about to drop.

if all of this is done with focus on renovation rebirth and the surge then you have your self a hefty stimulus plan for DUh LEDGe.

-The 1% Wise and Moderately Civilized.

TSA
04-08-2009, 12:33 AM
ok see?
remember when DUH REVOLUUSSHINARIESS where saying ppl need more input on things cause the mods don't care and/or are retarded

this is a basically what we were talking about.

Prolif Obama and Visions Biden are for the fuckin ppl.
and look at all the improvement that has been made

Visionz
04-08-2009, 12:45 AM
ok see?
remember when DUH REVOLUUSSHINARIESS where saying ppl need more input on things cause the mods don't care and/or are retarded

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TSA again.

i owe you one :lmao:

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2009, 12:57 AM
^(ish)

the book section, tech section, and other ledge like sections can all be added into KTL

make it more of a 'discuss real shit seriously' themed forum and not a 'knowledge' themed forum.

Then ppl that normally wouldn't touch the shit hole, but would go to the book (lol) and tech sections will check and add their input on stuff they wouldn't have been able to see before cause they had no reason to click KTL.

Re-package the whole subforum.

Add all the useless other forums in there (not as sub forums, that doesn't help)

Have a little red circle by it for a month while your repacking it and a disclaimer advertising the new KTL

Ppl have a negative stigma about the place, the best way to shed stigma is to fool ppl into thinking the other thing is dead and a new thing is coming, and you dont even have to change shit.

-fuse it with other forums
-advertise it for a period of time
-search the internet for highly discussed topics (actively) and have 'ghost posters' post them as new topics for that week of advertising. This will take advantage of the surge of ppl and they will be more likely to find topics that interest them and keep posting them there.
-move up the location of the link in the forums section, right below gen chat i think, a new location will cause everyone to click it and you just need that inital surge with good topics to keep ppl in.

after a while ditch the ghost posters disclaimer and red button thing.

also do this during a high traffic time, like when CUBAN LINX 2 is about to drop.

if all of this is done with focus on renovation rebirth and the surge then you have your self a hefty stimulus plan for DUh LEDGe.

-The 1% Wise and Moderately Civilized.

This actually makes sense. I feel like some basic spring cleaning and placing our different LeDgeS in clearly labeled and organized tubberwarez while tweaking the value proposition and tag line would result in a more clean + productive forum.

The next step would be to tranquilize Sunny Winters and preserve his body using Cryogenic applications. After mankind destroys itself he shall awaken and prove that he is the original asiatic black man, just so that he will finally shut the fuck up.

TSA
04-08-2009, 01:04 AM
yeah, you guys (mods) gotta hammer down on the secondaries in KTL.

gen chat, that's fine it's a fucking SPED class in here, but in KTL they just spam. Don't think its not spam cause its has Elijah Muhammeds name in there cause if i posted about worm biology as much as the secondaries post about black people it would be spam.

Uncle Steezo
04-08-2009, 01:07 AM
make a race and a religion subforum of KTL.
isolate the topics that seem to derail the discussions.

all these suggestions are good and all but i agree wiuth your 1st statement.
"it starts with the people"

i'm not gonna mince words here. TSA you made some good suggestions but you know what? you, dan and mic tyson's actions in KTL are toxic.

you can choose to acknowledge it or not. but the way you destroy topics that you find no interest in is counterproductive.

there is a productive way and a destructive way to handle any situation.

Visionz
04-08-2009, 01:22 AM

all these suggestions are good and all but i agree wiuth your 1st statement.
"it starts with the people"

i'm not gonna mince words here. TSA you made some good suggestions but you know what? you, dan and mic tyson's actions in KTL are toxic.

you can choose to acknowledge it or not. but the way you destroy topics that you find no interest in is counterproductive.

there is a productive way and a destructive way to handle any situation.

I read this after coming back from making a neverending race thread. I've read the same recyled topics far too many times imo. I still plan to keep the interesting things seperate but if you just wanna talk about race? cool, there's a sticky for it :b

I am the peoples champ :dududu:

TSA
04-08-2009, 01:24 AM
neverending threads and sub-forums are activity and discussion suicide.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 01:31 AM
^ agreed

Visionz
04-08-2009, 01:35 AM
neverending threads and sub-forums are activity and discussion suicide.
but it becomes a question of how do you keep things fresh?

people are gonna talk about race, it seems impossible to avoid (same for politics and religion which will also probably get a sticky). and I'm not saying don't make new threads about it. I'm saying make new threads about it interesting and if they aren't, if its just the same rehashed ol'shit, then it gets dumped. It becomes the cooley thread of a particular topic that basically consumes properly about 1 to 2/3rds of the threads that are on the front page at any given time.

I've been here for a while I just feel like its time for some new conversation. Keep in mind I don't have anyway to make a grand new arrangement of the layout itself.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 01:36 AM
to tell you the truth I rarely ever check the subforums of any group.
maybe thats just my personal problem but it is what it is

noel411
04-08-2009, 01:36 AM
You should delete all the bullshit that has been done in there over and over.

Ban all the people who post that sort of bullshit over and over.

Delete anything to do with race and ban anybody who posts anything to do with race.

Have a "Dan Cooley" like sub-forum for anything 5% or hip hop related.

These are all serious proposals.

Visionz
04-08-2009, 01:42 AM

what step do you have in mind in acheiving it properly without a sticky?

Sticky thread:Books right?

I've thought about having maybe ALOT of stickys. Say if you had hypothetically 10 topics covered in ongoing conversation then maybe out of that generates more widespread topics into choice of threads people choose to make.

netscape check two
04-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Like has been mentioned concerning sub forums, merge the 'News article' subforum of Know the Ledge already. There isn't enough activity on it's own.

And the Technical Support section was dead on arrival.

Visionz
04-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Like has been mentioned concerning sub forums, merge the 'News article' subforum of Know the Ledge already. There isn't enough activity on it's own.

And the Technical Support section was dead on arrival.
I'll talk to Pro about it but merging entire subforums is beyond my control.

TSA
04-08-2009, 02:06 AM
also style, shut up faggot, im one of 2 ppl that brings up shit and nobody is talking about in KTL and my opinions, unlike 99% of KTL, have nothing to do with race

its butthurt fags like you that got mad cause that black knuckle puck faggot didn't get that much PT in Mighty Ducks that keep everything based on racial and personal hatred.

someones says
"dennis coles created the universe"
me dan and mic laugh cause it's stupid, and fags get mad

find 1 rational subject that we laughed at.
but it becomes a question of how do you keep things fresh?

people are gonna talk about race, it seems impossible to avoid (same for politics and religion which will also probably get a sticky). and I'm not saying don't make new threads about it. I'm saying make new threads about it interesting and if they aren't, if its just the same rehashed ol'shit, then it gets dumped. It becomes the cooley thread of a particular topic that basically consumes properly about 1 to 2/3rds of the threads that are on the front page at any given time.

I've been here for a while I just feel like its time for some new conversation. Keep in mind I don't have anyway to make a grand new arrangement of the layout itself.
you keep things fresh by bringing in fresh ppl.
never ending threads stop getting checked afer page 10,

its just a way to kill several good discussions in one fatal blow.

you might as well cooley it.

to tell you the truth I rarely ever check the subforums of any group.
maybe thats just my personal problem but it is what it is
same here.

they're retarded. Compartmentizing shit kills it. nobody checks subforums and never ending threads.

TSA
04-08-2009, 02:09 AM
what step do you have in mind in acheiving it properly without a sticky?

Sticky thread:Books right?

I've thought about having maybe ALOT of stickys. Say if you had hypothetically 10 topics covered in ongoing conversation then maybe out of that generates more widespread topics into choice of threads people choose to make.
no, ppl stop checking stickies too

just put Books in the description of stuff that is discussed in KTL.
that's all.
here's another thing that keeps ppl from posting in subforums and neverending threads, they want ppl to respond. They know nobody checks subforums and they know neverending threads end.

they also dont post in obscure sub forums cause nobody will check them

if you put it all in one super forum the confidence is there and ppl will post more.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Unfortunately, i can never see KTL as anything other than a joke, as long as people like SUNNY, Blackman etc. are still posting.

These guys never want to engage in a discussion or rational argument.

Never.

Style can say Dan, TSA and Mic Tyson are toxic to KTL, but all those guys are just posting in reaction to the horrendous bullshit Sunny and Blackman and their like post.

Generally, it is those guys who derail threads with irrelevant conspiracy theories and mentioning race when it is also completely irrelevant.

Now SUNNY is a fucking mod of the section, i don't see it changing anytime soon.

No idea how he became a mod. Just because you consistently post nonsense over many years, it doesn't make it any more sensical.

So yeah, i pretty much have no time for KTL apart from annoying bigots and being amused by their responses.

I can't see that changing.

ok see?

I'll talk to Pro about it but merging entire subforums is beyond my control.

True.

TSA
04-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Sunny Winters

the guy that posted about...black skin...for 5 years straight and is the reason this thread exists.....is the mod....of KTL....which he turned into a joke...

damn.

a zulu nation, black panther, 5% NOI guy as the head of KTL and you're looking to fix the place?

i have a feeling my posting in this thread isn't gonna matter

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Yeah, i can't think of one reason why he would be a mod, and many why he shouldn't be.

KTL will stay the same as it is, because unfortunately, many of the Wu Tang fans who are inclined to post their, are maniacs.

Tolerance of 5% ideologies and the like will mean the place is always a bit of a joke in the eyes of rational thinkers.

TSA
04-08-2009, 03:09 AM
nobody realizes how ridiculous some things on here are just cause its the internet and doesn't feel real

but just imagine a man in his late 30s, online, posting about black skin

black fucking skin

for 5-6 years straight

then he'll make a new account, post about black skin, and then log on to the old account and tell his first account "yeah, i see where you're coming from"

now imagine him making 5 of these accounts.

at that age

for like, years.

YEARS

do you know what the word YEARS means?

try doing something for YEARS like posting about freckled skin, see if that comes out normal.

YEARS. and the mod thing was a huge mistake.
a mod needs to be generally neutral and as we know he's very opinionated and bias.

first epic fail in the Prolif administration.

Uncle Steezo
04-08-2009, 03:30 AM
i think sunny is a perfect choice for ktl.

all yall complain when sunny says it but will pay to hear the wu say the same shit.

THIS IS WUTANG

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Difference is, wu make good music.

And talk about the 5% about 5% of the time.

And many of them have rejected it, after being indoctrinated when they were younger.

And don't pretend you're any different to Sunny anyway Style, you guys may as well share an account.

Additionally, KTL will always be mired as long as cunts like speakonitgod continue to post.

All these guys post about is how white people have ruined the lives of black people.

Nothing else.

It all, in the end, comes down to that.

It's fucking pathetic.

These guys need to expose themselves to a wider range of reputable information, and broaden their horizons.

Fucking idiots.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 03:41 AM
i think sunny is a perfect choice for ktl.

all yall complain when sunny says it but will pay to hear the wu say the same shit.

THIS IS WUTANG

hah I was reading their posts and was gonna say the exact same things until I saw this.
agreed on all points.
they should try to join a gospel form and complain about people talking about Jesus too much.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 03:51 AM
Stop talking shit.

Even you faggits must recognise the difference.

If not, you're beyond help pretty much.

Huggasaurus Sex
04-08-2009, 04:49 AM
KTL is where morons gather to argue with other morons. sorry to all the nice morons but there really are no exceptions. dumb shit gets posted all over this website but only in KTL is there a pretense that the dumb shit is supposed to be treated with some degree of respect.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Hugguh, your profile make me want to bust gats to this and stop believing lies like i was no longer catholic.

Uncle Steezo
04-08-2009, 04:55 AM
KTL is where morons gather to argue with other morons. sorry to all the nice morons but there really are no exceptions. dumb shit gets posted all over this website but only in KTL is there a pretense that the dumb shit is supposed to be treated with some degree of respect.

thats why yo sig game ain't quite right.

supreme math

Huggasaurus Sex
04-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Hugguh, your profile make me want to bust gats to this and stop believing lies like i was no longer catholic.

welcome to the future

Durag
04-08-2009, 05:03 AM
^Who n duh fuck are u

Huggasaurus Sex
04-08-2009, 05:04 AM
thats why yo sig game ain't quite right.

supreme math
this ain't a game motherfucker

Uncle Steezo
04-08-2009, 05:10 AM
then stop playin wit it.

u back from Nam actin shellshock.

http://www.goldenlaurel.com/images/KTH/Cards/thumb/Disabled%20Vietnam%20Vet.jpg

Huggasaurus Sex
04-08-2009, 05:26 AM
are cartoon picture disses the new trend in gen chat? jesus christ i'm getting old.

Uncle Steezo
04-08-2009, 05:34 AM
no.

but faux gen chat indifference has been played out since pat bateman.

zooruka
04-08-2009, 05:44 AM
zooruka posts sustain ktl.

peace

Prolifical ENG
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM

Yes, I am against most subforum ideas and hardly check them myself. If you noticed I got rid of a bunch of them in the wu chamber and gen chat.

The news article forum was to archive all the "white cop shoots innocent black man" (and recently the opposite) news stories because they reoccur but have some relevance.

However some subforums do work and I was thinking of a race forum. The people that don't check subforums don't need to check the race forum. There are people that do like talking about race and thats why they get all the views. Those people that talk about race should have no problem checking the sub forum.

The only problem is there are threads created without the intention of discussing race but 5-6 posts in up to 50 posts it becomes an "implied" race thread.

Robert
04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
There needs to be more of a focus on science, and crucially, the role of the scientific method and peer review.

Perhaps if we could get access to a journal site like proquest this would help?

I believe too many KTL users post so-called scientific information that is ripped from a blog or an 'independant' website.

If people are to post scientific information they need to understand what makes a science-based claim credible.

TSA
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
^true indeed.

Prolifical ENG
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
There needs to be more of a focus on science, and crucially, the role of the scientific method and peer review.

Perhaps if we could get access to a journal site like proquest this would help?

I believe too many KTL users post so-called scientific information that is ripped from a blog or an 'independant' website.

If people are to post scientific information they need to understand what makes a science-based claim credible.

Conventional science threads don't get views. Perhaps these days they might if more are made.

Usually when a news article is writing about a scientific discovery, they state the journal its published in. Sometimes its good to see the journal entry but some journals are pretty dry. I don't know the legalities on some journal subscriptions. Some institutions pay through the ass for some subscriptions.

Uncle Steezo
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
i thought KTL was about discussing alternatives to mainstream science and news.

keeping it real, there's about 10 members that are adamantly opposed to the majority of subjects in ktl.
pat rob tsa dan mictyson etc etc.

why not make a subforum just for them? where they can discuss scientific method, historical topics, bash 5% and non melanin related biology?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Why don't you.

Shut your fucking mouth.

Just this one time.

Fucking catholic.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
why not make a subforum just for them? where they can discuss scientific method, historical topics, bash 5% and non melanin related biology?

its called the 1%

Why don't you.

Shut your fucking mouth.

Just this one time.

Fucking catholic.

^squeals when he orgasms

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM
haha

I remember once TSA told me, out of the blue, as an insult:

"curls his toes when he masterbates".

I've got to give it to him.

That's one i hadn't heard before.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I dont approve of TSA's jockularity and i dont want you hanging out with him or his farmboy friends.

You got that Pat? Even tho we are diabolically opposed enemies, i still look out for other paisani.

Prince Rai
04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
i miss the golden era, but it's not about bringing back the same people necessarily to revive what once was.

it's about generating confidence in KTL.

There are people there who are too harsh to counteract somebody else's point making the other person just leave and be silenced although their point may have potential.

One element of the older days which I believe will be fundamental to the future is RESPECT.

Respecting other viewpoints,
respecting new ideas,
respecting members trying to deliver a point even if they are known for BS'in in other threads.

Knowledge does not belong to a group,

it belongs collectively to those willing to be involved.

We should have various threads on various topics,

I believe, especially in this case that, threads make the ledge flow.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Derek is a good boy.

He's on the debate team.

I was never on the debate team.

Prolifical ENG
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
i miss the golden era, but it's not about bringing back the same people necessarily to revive what once was.

Ironically a few have come back (seemingly) as of yesterday.

There are people there who are too harsh to counteract somebody else's point making the other person just leave and be silenced although their point may have potential.

One element of the older days which I believe will be fundamental to the future is RESPECT.

There was some disrespect in the golden era but its good that everyone mostly remembers the good things.

There are some who counteract ideas harshly without adding anything new. Thats the easiest thing to do in KTL and not too productive. The hard part is coming up with a potential thought. Saying how something is wrong isn't helpful unless they are going to share the "right" alternative.

TSA
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Derek do it big imo.

hey style master, shut the fuck up lol

just shut up. nobody listens to you or will ever listen to you again after, at the age of 36 you ended up in a trash can cause ppl ethered you online over the fact that you blossomed into a man and have a failed life.

I think we should make a subforum called myslimeprimetime exposing the black man for the fraud he is and discussing CUM.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
dan

dan

Gavin, I rarely post in KTL, and when I do, it is only to voice opposition to extreme levels of ignorance, or to politely voice an opinion that differs from the KTL norm.

You want KTL to be a bunch of people agreeing with you and Sunny, neither of whom are experts on anything.

You get all butt-hurt and emo when people disagree with you. I am no psychiatrist, but my diagnosis is that you are a sad faggot.

And don't act holier-than-thou, because you are the most condescending, ignorant, racist, closed-minded and quick-to-attack when someone brings up an opinion that differs from that of your own.

YOU and people of your ilk are what made KTL into what it is today. You do not want to "build" or have intelligent conversations.

You want a bunch of stupid fucks like Lucid to be all "Wow, Gavin! You sure do have great views about Yakub!" while you compensate for some kind of lack of real world acceptance.

Please keep my name out of your mouth in all of your future sad faggotry.

You are welcome for my acknowledgment.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 07:48 PM
or to politely voice an opinion that differs from the KTL norm.

haha! I ALMOST lol'd!!
you almost NEVER make posts without putting at least one emotionally charged insult in it.
See: the post you just made.
you are also very skillful at making seemingly logical conclusions, although drawn from absolutely nowhere.
See: this post.

You want a bunch of stupid fucks like Lucid to be all "Wow, Gavin! You sure do have great views about Yakub!" while you compensate for some kind of lack of real world acceptance.
lol! I've never addressed any yakub issue, and I'm the ignorant one?
and I always offer my opinion on things, I never do what you just claimed I do.
personally I think you are still emotionally hurt, towards me personally, for tearing one of your theories down and forcing you to admit it had many holes in it.
try again.

04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Lucid, please don't be offended. I wasn't talking TO you, I was talking ABOUT you, and only briefly.

I was using you as an example of a tool. I could have named someone else, but I felt you were the perfect embodiment.

Regardless, despite your ramblings, I still believe in evolution and adaptation, so you haven't had much of an effect on my ideology.

It isn't that I have a personal problem with you, I just don't respect you and think you are, as I previously mentioned, a tool.

ALSO, as we have discussed before, you are extremely tiny and resemble Harry Potter.

But, despite our differences, I still wish you nothing but the best and acknowledge that you are adorable in a petite, boy-wizard fashion.

Thank you and good day.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
ah yes, drawing conclusions with no reasonable basis again.
I thank you as well, kind sir.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-08-2009, 08:23 PM

Respecting other viewpoints,
respecting new ideas,
respecting members trying to deliver a point even if they are known for BS'in in other threads.

Knowledge does not belong to a group,

it belongs collectively to those willing to be involved.

We should have various threads on various topics,

I believe, especially in this case that, threads make the ledge flow.

Should be Mod^

I rarely go in there because of the constant talk of race and racist remarks...
That needs to be adressed.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 08:25 PM
KTL is all about extreme opinions.

Just cuz your opinion is less popular and accepted doesnt make it any more 'knowledgable" nor deep. BUt than again, sometimes, there are thought provoking topics. If you take time and search, there are plenty of good topics.
Its the same way with every forum.

But in truth, some of the stuff in KTL is straight up ignorant, and its futile for those that push the ignorant agenda to expect sympathy when the backlash comes.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-08-2009, 08:26 PM
lol Dan does get his butt hurt alot, its true.

Its not his fault, he has a wife who is more physically intimidating that he.

Mumm Ra
04-08-2009, 08:30 PM
But in truth, some of the stuff in KTL is straight up ignorant, and its futile for those that push the ignorant agenda to expect sympathy when the backlash comes.

it's hard to nail what the straight up ignorant stuff is though.
I mean to have it collectively agreed upon.

there is a group of people who thinks what the other group says is completely ignorant, and vice versa.
that's where respect comes in and trying to avoid making posts that say "that's fuckin stupid" without anything further

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Oh YES it IS!

YES-IT-IS

http://a.images.blip.tv/Ekai-TheRZAOfWuTangClan712.png

04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
lol Dan does get his butt hurt alot, its true.

Its not his fault, he has a wife who is more physically intimidating that he.

Really, Woodrow?

Didn't I hurt your feelings extremely bad by saying that British people couldn't be "hip-hop" 2 MONTHS ago, and you've been swinging from my sack ever sense, even NEG-REPPING me, in hopes that I would spare your pathetic Dungeons and Dragons soul?

Yeah, I thought that was you.

In your efforts to be somebody on the internet, You have become a less-funny B-Rock

But if it makes you feel any better, I think you're the trillest nigga this side of Leeds!

Are we "mates" again?

Don't get your knickers all in a twist

04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Rap Music=

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn175/irondan_photos/steelreserve.jpg

Ghostlaced/Woodrow=

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn175/irondan_photos/ghostlaced.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
hahaha.....

they dont get steel reserve in britain.

You aint hip hop if you dont have a corner store that sells steel reserve.

EAGLE EYE
04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
ughhh

Reserve. I drank it twice and that was enough for a life time.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 09:41 PM
You might still have some of the remnants of reserves potent malt liquor lingering in your bloodstream.

04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
When I was a poor, jobless college student who hung out with unsavory characters, we used to get cases of 10 deuces of Steel Reserve for $8.99 and smoke poor man's bud out of a gravity bong. It led to lots of fighting and puking.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
ah yes.....jesus i think it was sheer ignorance that i used to drink some of the alchohol I did in the amounts that I did.

gravity bong is the think with the coke bottle cut in half in the pot of water??? right? I dunno, all I kno is we used to do that in jr. high/HS and I was gooooone

Robert
04-09-2009, 12:45 AM
i thought KTL was about discussing alternatives to mainstream science and news.

Those alternatives still have to be from credible sources which they is rarely the case.

This really demonstrates the attitude of a number of KTL posters: that you can post baseless information from blogs and 'independant' websites and expect it to be taken seriously in the context of a conspiracy theory.

You can be pretty annoying really.

None of you guys want to learn anything. Diggy is convinced AIDS is not real. Soul Controllah doesn't believe that climate change is occurring, instead it is part of a wider government cover up.

I can understand people being skeptical of both. However, when these opinions are often backed up by a information from poor sources why shouldn't they be questioned?

Snake (noun) - A white person who cannot be trusted.

Please accept my melanin deficiency.

I can disagree with people respectfully even when they are editing my posts.

Robert
04-09-2009, 12:55 AM

Hang on, you don't believe in evolution right?

Visions I am trying to be respectful here.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 12:55 AM
I can disagree with someone respectfully[/COLOR]
Man, we're making progress already +)

To question is fine in KTL, people shouldn't be afraid to ask questions and people presenting threads shouldn't mind being asked.

The problems arise when people take the questions or answers personal and start getting butt hurt.

All I'm saying is hate the opinion without hating the person.

what's wrong with "you're a cool guy but that's the dumbest shit I heard all day"?

As a mod all I'm asking for is a little civility amongst those that are choosing to be here.

Robert
04-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Please don't edit my post again.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Snake (noun) - A white person who cannot be trusted.

Please accept my melanin deficiency.

I can disagree with people respectfully even when they are editing my posts.

:lmao:

the efforts are appreciated.

And just think, if things never get personal then all anyone is left with is the logic (or lack thereof) of the actual argument itself. The personal stuff just gets in the way of making progress.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Please don't edit my post again.

Don''t worry I'm not going Sicka on anyone. I knew you'd be the first person to see the edit.

I don't really care what's said in general chat, this area will always be a slaughterhouse but for this conversation and in this thread I just wanted to make a point.
:b

Robert
04-09-2009, 01:09 AM
:lmao:

the efforts are appreciated.

And just think, if things never get personal then all anyone is left with is the logic (or lack thereof) of the actual argument itself. The personal stuff just gets in the way of making progress.

I have to agree with that. It is hard not to get emotional about something when you are passionate about it. If you can remove this from KTL you get a gold star.

Robert
04-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Don''t worry I'm not going Sicka on anyone. I knew you'd be the first person to see the edit.

I don't really care what's said in general chat, this area will always be a slaughterhouse but for this conversation and in this thread I just wanted to make a point.
:b

No Problem. This I figured out for myself.

The Hound
04-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Just shut it down.

It was once closed for a reason.

It was once CLOSED. In the "golden era" it didn't even exist. The "golden era" of KTL was when it didn't exist, because when it came back the same old bullshit returned.

It sounds nice and fun in theory, getting to discuss all sorts of things, and, like a man doing the spring cleaning, he gets into it for about 5 minutes and then falls back ont the old race related bullshit.

Only like 4 people who frequent the KTL can hold down a genuine discussion without turning it into some black/white shit.

Spammers like Black Man who don't post anywhere except for KTL have to be eradicated before you can ever move it forward.

There really is no justification for KTL.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 01:19 AM
I have to agree with that. It is hard not to get emotional about something when you are passionate about it. If you can remove this from KTL you get a gold star.
I do think I can show people how to be more effective at communicating.

More than anything I think people just need to be reminded that it doesn't have to ever get personal. I still think you can passionately disagree/question something without it ever needing to be a personal attack.

It's a particular aspect of behavior I do intend on chasing out of KTL if at all possible but not necessarily the people themselves.

EAGLE EYE
04-09-2009, 01:19 AM
I'll let you guys figure it out. I'm busy conducting Gen-chat social experiments on Slick and Brock. So far my test cases have produced predictable results but much more progress needs to be made.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Just shut it down.

It was once closed for a reason.

It was once CLOSED. In the "golden era" it didn't even exist. The "golden era" of KTL was when it didn't exist, because when it came back the same old bullshit returned.

It sounds nice and fun in theory, getting to discuss all sorts of things, and, like a man doing the spring cleaning, he gets into it for about 5 minutes and then falls back ont the old race related bullshit.

Only like 4 people who frequent the KTL can hold down a genuine discussion without turning it into some black/white shit.

Spammers like Black Man who don't post anywhere except for KTL have to be eradicated before you can ever move it forward.

There really is no justification for KTL.
One of the four is now the M>O>D of that shit :b

You think you'll see the same old bullshit. I think you'll see it change completely.

Only time will tell but I'm optimistic about the situation (who better a consultant for improving the place than yours truly afterall?)

The Hound
04-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Yes, you were one of the 4 I was referring to.

I just don't see how you will be able to change the perceptions of the people responsible. No fault of your own, it's just that the majority of the filth in there pretty much ignore whate everyone says anyway.

Ah well, I don't frequent it much, so, best of luck.

Robert
04-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I'll let you guys figure it out. I'm busy conducting Gen-chat social experiments on Slick and Brock. So far my test cases have produced predictable results but much more progress needs to be made.

Yes indeed.

Sofar all you've done is preheated the oven at 180 degrees celsius.

EAGLE EYE
04-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Yes indeed.

Sofar all you've done is preheated the oven at 180 degrees celsius.

Yes the dough was starting to get stale but I got it nice and warm and back to life. Slick-Urkel is kinda like a brick wall to get through, but I used a garden trowel to dig out a glory hole.

MODS get to try it out first. Skampoe can lap up the remains when hes unbanned.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Yes the dough was starting to get stale but I got it nice and warm and back to life. Slick-Urkel is kinda like a brick wall to get through, but I used a garden trowel to dig out a glory hole.

MODS get to try it out first. Skampoe can lap up the remains when hes unbanned.
You know I'm not even sure what he got banned for.

Robert
04-09-2009, 01:45 AM
How many times has he being banned now? Btw can Pro lift the ban on eD (not that it would matter anymore)?

Visionz
04-09-2009, 01:59 AM
How many times has he being banned now? Btw can Pro lift the ban on eD (not that it would matter anymore)?
three or four times atleast.... and he's got the Cannibal spot to post all the disgusting shit he wants so idk why he does it in places he knows are gonna get him banned (assuming its over pics again)

Skampoe's a cool poster but he stays doin dumb shit

And I think that came all the way from Cilva so I kinda doubt that's gonna happen whether he can or not.

Huggasaurus Sex
04-09-2009, 02:24 AM
going to KTL in search of knowledge makes about as much sense as going to wu-corp's news section for wu-tang news.

except while the news section could be fixed easily by giving a couple members who normally post news items in the wu chamber the ability to also post relevant updates in the official news section, KTL is destined to be a shithole no matter what administrative changes are made.

first of all, the egotistic morons who flock to KTL to spew their bullshit will never be stopped. but the main reason KTL will never be a successful forum is because smart people would never waste their time posting in KTL. let's be serious, why would any smart person go to a wu-tang forum to learn about anything except wu-tang news? i understand how a site like this eventually leads to a general chat section, and other sections seem to be relevant and appropriate, but what can you really expect to get out of a section for "knowledge" at a wu-tang forum?

if you're so inclined to discuss current events with smart people why not sign up to slate's fray or salon's well (the forums at their respective websites) or slashdot for the nerdy shit? if it's the more timeless questions about life's mysteries that interest you then you'd be much better off reading a book.

KTL is of no use to smart people except as a perverse form of entertainment.

Visionz
04-09-2009, 02:41 AM
going to KTL in search of knowledge makes about as much sense as going to wu-corp's news section for wu-tang news.

except while the news section could be fixed easily by giving a couple members who normally post news items in the wu chamber the ability to also post relevant updates in the official news section, KTL is destined to be a shithole no matter what administrative changes are made.

first of all, the egotistic morons who flock to KTL to spew their bullshit will never be stopped. but the main reason KTL will never be a successful forum is because smart people would never waste their time posting in KTL. let's be serious, why would any smart person go to a wu-tang forum to learn about anything except wu-tang news? i understand how a site like this eventually leads to a general chat section, and other sections seem to be relevant and appropriate, but what can you really expect to get out of a section for "knowledge" at a wu-tang forum?

if you're so inclined to discuss current events with smart people why not sign up to slate's fray or salon's well (the forums at their respective websites) or slashdot for the nerdy shit? if it's the more timeless questions about life's mysteries that interest you then you'd be much better off reading a book.

I'm not always trying to learn something sometimes its just trying to share what you know to help others out. Maybe I'm being egotistical in thinking I have anything to offer in the first place but I'd like to think I've helped to open atleast one persons mind with these 10+K post.

Another problem is finding the good sites in the vast internet, I'll be sure to check those out.

In the end though as both member and mod I gotta do what I can to atleast try to make it a more engaging and interesting place.

TSA
04-09-2009, 02:58 AM

^used to post in KTL.

LORD NOSE
04-09-2009, 03:07 AM
I can't see how a small group of people with the option of creating new threads would have so much of a problem with the type of threads someone else choses to discuss - The Break Down > Know The Ledge is a part of our culture, so naturally most are used to the language we use - they just like the music and the cadence of the rhymes -

On monday if you feel like discussing some science, make a thread about some science

on tuesday if you feel like discussing the role of man and woman, make a thread about it

the ones in this thread that are complaining the most cannot respect how others mondays and tuesdays is going - so they go into these peoples threads and spam it with taunts and insults -

you have the power to create your own thread -

if it gets ignored and a race/religion thread gets hits, don't hate

i skip over threads i do not wish to have a discussion in

the ones in here complaining the most have a hard time controlling themselves - skipping over a thread they have no intention on learning or sharing knowledge in is dam near impossible - post check

putting all the topics you don't like to get involved in into a subforum or sticky covered by the fact that they are getting repeated won't stop with the race threads - there are about 5 to 6 zeitgeist threads - the size of the universe thread keeps popping up - we always talking about the mind,chi,ufos,conspiracy - these topics keep rising -

those that have a problem with Know The Ledge but has never made a thread shouldn't be taken seriously -

now - its simple - start a cipher and wait for participants - respect other cyphers - and things will work smoothly

Mumm Ra
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM

Hang on, you don't believe in evolution right?

Visions I am trying to be respectful here.

idk is that right? did I ever say that?
you may have thought what I said was directed at Dan's evolution stance.
this is not the case, and I don't even think Dan saw it that way.

peace

Robert
04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
idk is that right? did I ever say that?
you may have thought what I said was directed at Dan's evolution stance.
this is not the case, and I don't even think Dan saw it that way.

peace

Ok. I was just going off what Dan said in this thread.

food for thought
04-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I can't see how a small group of people with the option of creating new threads would have so much of a problem with the type of threads someone else choses to discuss - The Break Down > Know The Ledge is a part of our culture, so naturally most are used to the language we use - they just like the music and the cadence of the rhymes -

On monday if you feel like discussing some science, make a thread about some science

on tuesday if you feel like discussing the role of man and woman, make a thread about it

the ones in this thread that are complaining the most cannot respect how others mondays and tuesdays is going - so they go into these peoples threads and spam it with taunts and insults -

you have the power to create your own thread -

if it gets ignored and a race/religion thread gets hits, don't hate

i skip over threads i do not wish to have a discussion in

the ones in here complaining the most have a hard time controlling themselves - skipping over a thread they have no intention on learning or sharing knowledge in is dam near impossible - post check

putting all the topics you don't like to get involved in into a subforum or sticky covered by the fact that they are getting repeated won't stop with the race threads - there are about 5 to 6 zeitgeist threads - the size of the universe thread keeps popping up - we always talking about the mind,chi,ufos,conspiracy - these topics keep rising -

those that have a problem with Know The Ledge but has never made a thread shouldn't be taken seriously -

now - its simple - start a cipher and wait for participants - respect other cyphers - and things will work smoothly

cosign

-close thread-

Longbongcilvaringz
04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure SUNNY and speakonitgod were breast fed from the same penis as infants.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM

i think you are wrong generally and i think alot of posters here are generally more intelligent than you average human who doesnt do the knowledge.

and also your sig has the wrong color grey on the background and looks shit.

Huggasaurus Sex
04-10-2009, 03:49 AM
ghostlaced makes a good point. that grey was definitely off.

Mumm Ra
04-10-2009, 08:04 AM

this paragraph makes me wonder if you even listen to Wu-Tang music at all.
Honestly, besides the Wu News, I'd say KTL is the second most relevant.

i think you are wrong generally and i think alot of posters here are generally more intelligent than you average human who doesnt do the knowledge.

agreed. some of the people in KTL over the years are smarter and have brought up more interesting information/ debate than anyone else I've conversed with over the internet. By far.
Including anything I've ever read from huggah.

and also your sig has the wrong color grey on the background and looks shit.yeah...it's hard for me to take the dude seriously with a sig/avatar/name like that anyway.

food for thought
04-10-2009, 09:26 AM
this paragraph makes me wonder if you even listen to Wu-Tang music at all.
Honestly, besides the Wu News, I'd say KTL is the second most relevant.

agreed. some of the people in KTL over the years are smarter and have brought up more interesting information/ debate than anyone else I've conversed with over the internet. By far.
Including anything I've ever read from huggah.
yeah...it's hard for me to take the dude seriously with a sig/avatar/name like that anyway.

cosign

ppl drop madd jewels and build allday KTL'n it

u need to recognize the brilliance of most posters who post there with madd info about various topics

this huggah charachter is just a dumbass

Huggasaurus Sex
04-10-2009, 09:43 AM
lucid comes to wu-corp to be taken SRSLY. so i'm guessing there's a deficiency of people taking him SRSLY in real life and that's his reason for posting in KTL.

food for thought goes there to learn.

eric said he does it because he enjoys teaching the retards. a true altruist.

we know ghostlaced is a fan of KTL because his gimmick is to have the worst opinions of all time.

but what about the rest? i assume some of the genuinely smarter dudes browse the forum for sheer entertainment, or are deathly bored and enjoy engaging in debates with the KTL mongoloids in a manner that is not unlike the way boys will spend their summer afternoon torturing and destroying insects.

i'm curious about the rest though. why do you post in KTL? do you actually take it SRSLY?

Prolifical ENG
04-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I take KTL FRSLY SRSLY

food for thought
04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
yea i take it VY SRSLY

somebody ban this faggot

Huggasaurus Sex
04-10-2009, 09:59 AM
food for thought embodies everything KTL is and ever will be

Durag
04-10-2009, 10:00 AM
http://phillips.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/25/630_nigga_skinhead.jpg

LORD NOSE
04-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm pretty sure SUNNY and speakonitgod were breast fed from the same penis as infants.

nah thats just a reoccurring dream you have where your waiting inline in back of us for your turn
its a fetish you want fulfilled

the ones who cause KTL the most problems are telling on themselves in this thread

if you don't take KTL seriously or if you don't enjoy KTL, stay out of it -

why is that so hard for yall to do ?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Sunny always has the best concise comebacks.

srsly

Ban these faggits.

TSA
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
lucid comes to wu-corp to be taken SRSLY. so i'm guessing there's a deficiency of people taking him SRSLY in real life and that's his reason for posting in KTL.

food for thought goes there to learn.

eric said he does it because he enjoys teaching the retards. a true altruist.

we know ghostlaced is a fan of KTL because his gimmick is to have the worst opinions of all time.

but what about the rest? i assume some of the genuinely smarter dudes browse the forum for sheer entertainment, or are deathly bored and enjoy engaging in debates with the KTL mongoloids in a manner that is not unlike the way boys will spend their summer afternoon torturing and destroying insects.

i'm curious about the rest though. why do you post in KTL? do you actually take it SRSLY?
^used to post in KTL.

Mumm Ra
04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
of course I take KTL SRSLY, otherwise there's no point and it would be called Gen Chat.
I could give a fuck about seriousness anywhere else