PDA

View Full Version : Rock The Bells '09 lineup

RynMur
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
http://guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/images/RTB_splash3.jpg

RynMur
04-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Supposedly supernatural is freestyling the lineup right now. Anyways hope they have a few more big names announced...more wu members, cypress hill, bone thugs. Glad to see Psycho Realm made the lineup. And what's with Nas AND Damian Marley...maybe something special is in the making.

I'm dissapointed that Raekwon & RZA made it, but not Ghostface. Big Boi, but not Andre 3000. Although, the hosts couldn't have got any better.

Mic Tyson
04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh shit if this is actually in L.A. i aint gonna miss this god damn concert this year. normally its in san bernadino

ButterCrunchJoints
04-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Son when I saw this I seriously lost it for like 5 minutes, just laughing at how fucking amazing this show is gonna be. This actually might be better than last year, even without tribe. and you know mos is gonna show up, he hasn't missed a tour yet, and he has to promote the ecstatic.

I don't even know what im gonna do if Andre comes out with Big Boi as one of the special performances.

Tecknowledgist
04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
toronto?!?!?!

B-L-L-L-L-L-LAT!!!!!

good to see La Coka Nostra/House of Pain on there

im guessing necro got put on the bill just because Bill is there with LCN

Kenny Powers
04-07-2009, 10:37 PM
all star lineup as always, gotta love it

sdeblasi
04-07-2009, 10:41 PM
the lineup is nuts gonna be a great show...but im not sure how i feel about Nas as the headliner...the last two years hes gona on right before either Wu Tang (2007) or Tribe (2008), two acts that bring a lot more energy to an outdoor concert

well see though i just wish someone else was headlining even though i love Nas

sdeblasi
04-07-2009, 10:42 PM
last year me and my friend drove all the way to New York just for this show and mainly for Tribe it was probably the best decision of my life lol

ButterCrunchJoints
04-07-2009, 10:46 PM
the lineup is nuts gonna be a great show...but im not sure how i feel about Nas as the headliner...the last two years hes gona on right before either Wu Tang (2007) or Tribe (2008), two acts that bring a lot more energy to an outdoor concert

well see though i just wish someone else was headlining even though i love Nas

I totally feel you about Nas not being the headliner, he's really not hype enough. You need somebody like Tribe last year in that spot, somebody who's gonna go crazy on stage and run through the crowd and shit. Nas just stood in one place his whole set last year.

RynMur
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Nas had the best performance in L.A. last year imo, close to Pharcyde. It says Damian Marley & Nas though. I wonder what that's about. Make sure you have save some weed for the end of the concert. haha

ButterCrunchJoints
04-07-2009, 10:55 PM
damian and nas are reportedly doing a project together, so there should be new collabo music between them. Otherwise its just gonna be Road to Zion for an hour and a half lol.

In LA, Nas was really better than Tribe?? thats wild cause in DC it was
1.) Tribe
2.) De La
3.) Mos
4.) Rae and Ghost
5.) Nas
6.) Pharcyde(only cause the crowd didn't really know much of their music)

sdeblasi
04-07-2009, 11:03 PM
damian and nas are reportedly doing a project together, so there should be new collabo music between them. Otherwise its just gonna be Road to Zion for an hour and a half lol.

In LA, Nas was really better than Tribe?? thats wild cause in DC it was
1.) Tribe
2.) De La
3.) Mos
4.) Rae and Ghost
5.) Nas
6.) Pharcyde(only cause the crowd didn't really know much of their music)

yea i agree in New York id say it was:
1. Tribe - Bussa Bus even came out for Scenario

2. Mos - because Talib Kweli came out and they played a ton of Blackstar stuff and Pharoahe Monch also came out it was insane, and he did Simon Says

3. Red & Mef - they were nuts, Slick Rick made an appearance, so did EPMD, and Streetlife

4. (tie) - Rae & Ghost - Cappa was with them, and De LA - Dres from Black Sheep came out and did a few songs the crowd loved them

5. Nas - played with a live band AND Jay-Z came out for Black Republican

6. Pharcyde - great show, but crowd didnt know them much either

7. Immortal Technique - good show, crowd didnt really know him, Monch also came out for a song with him

8. Murs - good show, early in the day tho

9. Dead Prez - there sound was all fucked up but still rocked it

KZA
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
de la soul > nas

last year in LA

food for thought
04-08-2009, 12:05 AM
FASHO

shit looks tight

looking forward to reflection eternal, krs-one, and buckshot (hopefully they do some of their shit together) and rza nd rae ofcourse , hopefully stone mecca will be there too

looking forward to that nas & damian. the album should be out by then too

krs-one, pete rock and supernatural hosting shit is classic

im hyped for this shit

food for thought
04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
i was hoping to see MF DOOM though

Monkdude
04-08-2009, 12:15 AM
nas again? lame, i was hoping for a sick headliner this year. bone thugs wouldve been dope

RynMur
04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
This is how it was in L.A. last year for me...

1. Nas
2. Pharcyde
3. Tribe (Mostly q-tip)
4. Ghost & Rae
5. Mef & Red
6. Mos Def
* Was getting blazed in the grass section and couldn't really hear De La Soul. Seemed like the crowd wasn't really into it.

Jin10304
04-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Weak headliner imo, he wasnt good as a performer period last year in Mountain View. He isnt topping Tribe or Wu thats fer sure.

cap
04-08-2009, 07:13 AM
too bad they wont do a show in europe, that would be too sick!!

BGS
04-08-2009, 07:22 AM
^co-sign!!

Rame
04-08-2009, 01:39 PM
They actually did an european tour last year and I guess they'll do it again this year.

The line-up wasn't the same though.

THE MASON
04-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Line up is dopeness

i want to try and go to the NY show but if not ill settle for the Toronto one

RynMur
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
There is a video on 2dopeboyz.com where supernat freestyles the lineup. He also mentions Ghostface, Large Professor, and Fatlip who aren't on the list.

http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009/04/08/supernatural-freestyles-rock-the-bells-lineup-video

Tito_Para Enfrente
04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
it's a good line up

I bet it will be nice

baby jesus
04-08-2009, 04:43 PM
It's a Good Lineup But I Might Pass This Year. The Lineups Not Really Pulling Me In.
Raekwon
M.O.P
Buckshot
Reflection Eternal
Krs-1 Are All Dope And I Want To See Them But I Dont Know If It's Enough For Me To Go.

Slaugtherhouse, La Coka Nostra, Rza Are Ok But I Dont Really Care To See Them. The Rest I Really Dont Care About If It Was Just Nas Again I Would Be More Hyped But With Damian Marley I Could Care Less.

I Know It's A West Coast Based Tour But I Was Hopin To See
CNN
Cormega
Busta Rhymes
Jadakiss Or The Lox
That Would Of Def Got Me To Buy Tickets With Any Of Them Involved.

whitey
04-08-2009, 04:57 PM
theres no i can believe nas could ever put on a better show than tribe, sorry rynmur.

ive seen them both and nas just straight stands in the same place and raps in his tone. you could close your eyes at one of his concerts and he could leave and they could put a cd on and you would never know.

tribe on the other hand, when i saw them i was blown away. qtip was on some buckwild shit i was not expecting. show was bonkers.

but yeaaaaaa im looking forward to this. might try and hit up either the toronto, boston or ny shows depending on date, price, and lineup.

RynMur
04-08-2009, 06:28 PM
How would you know nigga? everyone in ny loves tribe, in cali, half of the crowd left.

ButterCrunchJoints
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
theres no i can believe nas could ever put on a better show than tribe, sorry rynmur.

ive seen them both and nas just straight stands in the same place and raps in his tone. you could close your eyes at one of his concerts and he could leave and they could put a cd on and you would never know.

tribe on the other hand, when i saw them i was blown away. qtip was on some buckwild shit i was not expecting. show was bonkers.

100% co-sign. Q-tip is the best performer in all of hip-hop, only person who could maybe match his energy is Meth.

food for thought
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
nas is going to be with damian marley

theyre doing an album together

get your shit striaght

whitey
04-08-2009, 07:05 PM
How would you know nigga? everyone in ny loves tribe, in cali, half of the crowd left.

wtf does that matter with what i said ya doofis. i was just saying i seen them both live. and one is 1000x a better live show than the other.

acting like no one in ny likes nas. dudes are from the same borough.

nas is going to be with damian marley

theyre doing an album together

get your shit striaght

and for real dog? like so what, what does having the gong with him matter? like he all of the sudden is going to turn into this new performer just because he has jr next to him. :?

food for thought
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
the gong

lol

everybody keeps saying "oh, nas again?? what the fuck, bro"

theyre doing an album totgether and im sure theyre gona be performing shit off that album.

it might not make him a bettter performer jumping off the stage and shit but im sure its gona be different then all previous nas shows when hes by himself

so cats need to stop crying with all that nonsense

and yall need to recognize the epicness of damian coming to rtb. i aint even thinking about nas

RynMur
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
^ well maybe it had to do with the crowd when nas came on, but it seemed like he had alot of energy to me. And i hope damian plays some of his father's stuff because that would be ill. I'm looking forward to the show. Hope every city has a major special performance. I'm still hopin for Bone thugs or pharcyde in l.a.

Jin10304
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
"theyre doing an album totgether and im sure theyre gona be performing shit off that album."

Doesnt mean it will be ill. That Distant Relatives albums sounds like some history lesson on Africa already, droppin June 23rd, what about the folks that are attending RTB AFTER when the album is released? What is Distant Relatives sucks ass? Who would wanna pay for tickets if they hated DR and know they might perform songs off that shit lol? Not like people are gonna sing a long to that shit when it comes to songs like NY State of Mind or The World Is Yours

RynMur
04-08-2009, 09:33 PM
^you just trying to find reasons to disagree now. nas will be performing solos too.

Jin10304
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Im not looking for reasons because Im almost certain that for the San Francisco show, it will def be past the June 23rd release of thier album meaning they will most likely be playin shit off it. I never said Nas WONT be playing solos from HIS albums, but 3 things

1) He isnt headliner material period, he was alright @ best but he really doesnt pump up the crowd enough

2) NO ONE will be remotely singing his lyrics/vibin to his new album w/ Damian because they simply dont have enough time to

3) If the album blows, why sit through thier shitty set of collab songs (minus Nas's solos)?

whitey
04-08-2009, 09:42 PM
4) the album will probably get pushed back and wont even come out till the winter.

Tonystarks420
04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
this shit made my day. im gunna be at that T.O show for sure

i dont care if nas is the headliner shit will still be ill, never seen him live plus the other acts are straight fire. this is gunna be a ill summer

food for thought
04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
the other acts are ill too...

quit crying

go grab some beers or stand in line for the bathroom if you dont like the acts performing

i aint trying to see nas do solo shit cause i saw him last year either.

BUT im not trippin at all if he shares the stage with damian and they perform together atleast the majority of their time on stage

what do u think i was "singing along" to b.o.b last year with my homies????

quit fucking crying and act like u got osme sense

the hosts alone make this years shit monumental

watch the roots and reflection eternal and then go home.

that right there is even enough to get satisfied, you dam hard-to-please-ass-wu heads

Tonystarks420
04-09-2009, 10:05 AM
word ^

this is an ill fucken lineup and if u can find something shitty about it then thats just fucked up

i would pay to just see RZA and Raekwon, let alone Nas, Damien Marley, KRS, Reflection Eternal, House of Pain the list goes on...

id pay to just go see one of those cats on the list, let alone all. i cant wait for this.

RynMur
04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
No shit, these haters can always find something to bitch about

wuswordz95
04-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh shit if this is actually in L.A. i aint gonna miss this god damn concert this year. normally its in san bernadino

i hope its in LA. i cant drive. ima retard.

sdeblasi
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
i hope its in LA. i cant drive. ima retard.

LMFAO that post made my day haha

PLO-Style
04-09-2009, 07:57 PM

but yeaaaaaa im looking forward to this. might try and hit up either the toronto, boston or ny shows depending on date, price, and lineup.
Yo I was at the Miami show and I was too fucked up 2 enjoy Tribe's performance lol. My head was fucking pulsating. But Nas put on a good show at the concert I went 2....I guess you have to be a fan to enjoy his show.

whitey
04-09-2009, 08:15 PM
No shit, these haters can always find something to bitch about

lol at "haters".

i like nas. i own most all of his albums.

but headlining a concert of this magnitude? pffffffff, maybe if he had 7 illmatics, not 1.

id sit there and listen to 7 illmatics worth of material with him just standing there in one spot. but he just doesnt have that kind of catalog.

if im shitfaced at a concert trying to get buck i want someone to hype it up, i dont want to be put to sleep by the headliner thats my point.

RandyP
04-09-2009, 09:05 PM
and yall need to recognize the epicness of damian coming to rtb. i aint even thinking about nas

that's exactly how i'm feeling

the other acts are ill too...

quit crying

go grab some beers or stand in line for the bathroom if you dont like the acts performing

i aint trying to see nas do solo shit cause i saw him last year either.

BUT im not trippin at all if he shares the stage with damian and they perform together atleast the majority of their time on stage

what do u think i was "singing along" to b.o.b last year with my homies????

quit fucking crying and act like u got osme sense

the hosts alone make this years shit monumental

watch the roots and reflection eternal and then go home.

that right there is even enough to get satisfied, you dam hard-to-please-ass-wu heads

that had me dying

wuswordz95
04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
oh crap its at the same venue ,san manuel, i guess i wont go for the 2nd year in a row.

iammzac
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
i bought some tickets today

Jin10304
04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
i thought they dont go on sale till may 2nd?

iammzac
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.guerillaunion.com/

Pre-sa1e

Jin10304
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
gay, no presale for the Mountain View CA show...

Tonystarks420
05-06-2009, 11:59 PM
For all you toronto heads out there.....EPMD got added, plus M.O.P. RZA and GZA are comming as well, and i heard raekwon has confirmed it too

looks the like the toronto show is starting to get better. copped my tickets with the presale last week

THE MASON
05-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I read that, i was sold once RZA and GZA were added lol.

EPMD would be really dope as well, same with MOP. MOP would be just hype as hell