PDA

View Full Version : Would DOOM be as dope, if Sub Roc didnt pass?

THE MASON
04-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Imagine if KMD was still around, i have been bumping Black Bastards for the past week, and its an incredible album but.....

If Sub Roc hadnt passed would DOOM still be as dope as he is now?

I think his style would have been much different then what we see now. I dont think albums like Viktor Vaughn or King Geedorah would have emerged.

Discuss.

Also would Sub Roc have been a dope emcee today if he didnt pass? would KMD just flopped?

Either wya RIP Sub Roc

niMmltuDaio

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
That's a good question but i don't even know if they'd be around nowadays to be honest. but doom's style is adaptable to production styles so it could work. i still dunno if doom would be doom without that situation happening.

YungSunny
04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, black bastards still would of been shelved.

K.M.D. would of probably broke up. Doom and Sub going seperate ways in the music game. Doom would still be Doom, just no mask, and a little more conscious.

main_man
04-08-2009, 06:07 PM
dooms been dope since the zev love x days, so yeah.

TAURO
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't think we would have seen him as MF DOOM the way he is today but there is no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't of still been dope.

JerseyIronman
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
MF Doom would definitely not be the same without Sub rock passing

didnt he he spend 94-97 walking around Manhattan sleeping on benches and shit?

it definitely had a huge impact on him mentally, and he probably would not have re-emerged as a masked MF doom.

He withdrew publicly from hip hop and basically from life for 3 years and he's come back but still hasnt shown his face since

noel411
04-09-2009, 01:49 AM
I was coincidentally listening to KMD the other day and thinking about what Doom might be like if Sub Roc was still alive and KMD still existed (although I don't think they would). I like Zev better than Doom and Sub Roc was a fucken awesome producer. KMD were the shit. Doom's made some great albums, but I don't like his style these days. He's a superb producer though.

But to answer the question there's no way Doom would be what he is now if Sub Roc hadn't died. If KMD had stuck together it'd be interesting to see whether Doom would have got into production as heavily as he has. As for mc'ing, I imagine he would have headed in a different direction, most likely a better one depending on what your personal tastes are.

INF
04-09-2009, 01:58 AM
didnt he he spend 94-97 walking around Manhattan sleeping on benches and shit?

BIG D O
04-10-2009, 01:58 AM
man, that's a messed up thing to ponder......just be happy that Doom doin his thing and hope that Sub is resting in peace.....