PDA

View Full Version : Nas & Damian Marley Provide More Details On Album

food for thought
04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
April 8th, 2009 | Author: Omar Burgess

After providing some brief details on their upcoming collaborative album last month [click to read], representatives for Nas and Damian Marley issued a press release to explain the final details of their musical partnership. The pair, who say they have shared a mutual respect since meeting in 1996, will release the album, Distant Relatives on June 23. While both artists are the offspring of musicians who were quite successful in their own right, they say the title refers to the bond of their African ancestry.

"Africa is the backbone of the world and the foundation of everything and Africans are in a situation where they need help more than anywhere else," Marley stated via the press release. "We know there are dire situations here in America but when you look at America—with public libraries and free education—these are not opportunities most Africans have. It's a completely different scale of trying to help people. As human beings, we’re part of a human family."

Since their initial meeting, Nas and Damian Marley have recorded the song "Road To Zion" together, and they are scheduled to headline at this years Rock The Bells festival [click to read].

"As an American, we have so much even in a so-called recession that a neighborhood like Queensbridge or Red Hook is Beverly Hills compared to the way people are living in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and Ghana," Nas added. "So obviously if we making records with that theme, there’s gonna be things I want to build on. I think Africa has a lot to teach us."

drippie k
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
sounds dope man, i'm a big fan of damian marley

food for thought
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
^word

its good to finally get a release date

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Good news

Has Damian Marley dropped anything since the Jamrock album

food for thought
04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
nah

just that one joinot with stephen, Traffic Jam

ive been steady waiting for another album after Jamrock

Visionz
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Check Jr out if he swings through your town, his band is fuckin INCREDIBLE

food for thought
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
classic shit right here

check out how young my man was back then

aint even had his dreads yet

425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gvd8kg0D4Os&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gvd8kg0D4Os&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

another clssic u should know of

425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbOVn8mENkQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbOVn8mENkQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BIG D O
04-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Nas can be a sideways ass nigga sometimes yo.....

still don't know how he doin a whole album with this cat, who's relatively new to the game, when he been promising the fans a Premo collab album forever and knowing Premier since forever.....SMH.....

drippie k
04-10-2009, 03:21 AM
damian marley new to the game? haha yeah so is nas

cap
04-10-2009, 06:20 AM
eh im not that big on jamaican music, would rather see nas collabbing with somebody else.

welcome to jamrock is probably the sickest shit i ever heard coming out of jamaica though (dont come in here reccomending me some bob marley, im familiar with his work and im not into it.)

Chief 'Broom
04-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Nas enjoys coming from leftfield

food for thought
04-10-2009, 08:13 AM
lol damian been in the game since 1996

u should have played that first joint Searching that i posted

lol @ "jamiaican music"

this is the illest idea ive heard for a collab album prolly since priest and kamachi

shit this is even a better one imo

damian may be "jamaican music"(its called REGGAE) but his style is heavily influenced by hiphop and i cant wait to hear how they fuse they differetn elements together.

this is gona be dope.

RynMur
04-10-2009, 06:11 PM
One of the best ideas a rapper had for an album in a while.