PDA

View Full Version : Death Row Records Recently Put Out A Greatest Hits Album With Some Unreleased Songs

CharlesJones
04-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I was at Best Buy store last weekend and i saw the Death Row artists greatest hits album on the shelves. The label already put out a greatest hits album in 1997 or 1998 i believe but this album i saw has some unreleased songs that i haven't heard before. There's a unreleased song on there by Dr Dre, Lady Of Rage, Dogg Pound called Puffin On Blunts And Drankin Tanqueray that was originally on Dr Dre's Dre Day album single as a b-side song. This song is the shit. Kurupt's lyrics are raw on the song and Dr Dre talks shit at the beginning of the song dissing Eazy E, Tim Dog, Luke of 2 Live Crew. The greatest hits album is a triple disc. There's 2 discs of old songs, unreleased songs and some remixes. On the 3rd disc, it's a videos dvd by all the Death Row artists. On one of the discs of old songs, there's 2 songs from 2Pac called Pain and Loyal To The Game with Treach of Naughty By Nature and a dude named Riddler that were on Above The Rim soundtrack tape, but not the cd. I'm glad those 2 songs are on the album because i like those songs and i got Above The Rim soundtrack on cd and those songs aren't on there for some weird reason. It's really a shame that Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Dogg Pound, Lady Of Rage, 2Pac died because if these artists would've stayed with the label, i think this label would've still been successful today. Suge Knight is a stupid ignorant fat bitch and he needs to grow up and be a man. If he wasn't ignorant and if he would've treated his artists right, they would've never left him because at the time, Death Row was really the only label putting out hardcore, gangsta classic rap music back then. Priority, Ruthless, Rap A Lot were the only other gangsta rap labels that were competing with Death Row back then but Death Row i think released more classic rap albums than the other labels. Snoop Dogg's music got soft after he left Death Row.

Rame
04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
That's a lot of text.

Tecknowledgist
04-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Glad to see you finally found an album that doesn't suck hahahahahahaha.

Greatest Hits Albums: the only new material CharlesJones will buy.

p-rok73
04-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I heard that the people that bought the Death Row catalog are sitting on thousands of unreleased material. Including songs that were left off of The Chronic. And also Tupac, Lady of Rage, Dogg Pound, etc. I think in a matter of time they will start to release some of this unreleased music.

EnD
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I heard that the people that bought the Death Row catalog are sitting on thousands of unreleased material. Including songs that were left off of The Chronic. And also Tupac, Lady of Rage, Dogg Pound, etc. I think in a matter of time they will start to release some of this unreleased music.

Yeah, they said in an interview with HipHopDX that something should be released this month. We'll see...

EAGLE EYE
04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
All of those songs charles listed have been on the internet for like the last 9 years

Paranoid
04-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Yeah, they said in an interview with HipHopDX that something should be released this month. We'll see...

Hmmmmm.