PDA

View Full Version : DOOM interview - KMD, new Madvillain album, Ghost & DOOM album, beef with Batman...

EnD
04-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Link (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.1331/title.doom-shadows-on-the-sun/p.all)

Paranoid
04-13-2009, 04:57 AM
DX: What's the status of the album with Ghost?
DOOM: Now that this one is out the way, progress will be picking up. It's about 40% done. Forty-two percent done, if I had to say. But then it's hard to gauge because everything is speeding up now, so it could probably be done real fast, within two months I could have it done. Madvillain seems like it's closer to being done. I'm working on the shit now. That shit'll be done within the next two months. I don't know when they gonna put it out. Otis [Madlib] is the producer, so I don't really have to do too much. I think on this record, we're mixing it up. I'll have more production on this one. We're thinking of doing half and half on production and half and half on content. I'm also working on a record for Williams Street, that's Adult Swim's record company. I think I'm gonna do [the alias King] Ghidra on there. I'm not gonna set that in stone, but I think Ghidra might be coming out on Williams Street. So by the end of the year, all of them will be done.

BGS
04-13-2009, 05:09 AM
interesting interview...i'm never gonna spend my money on a doom live show...thats for sure!

noel411
04-13-2009, 07:03 AM
DOOM: Now that this one is out the way, progress will be picking up. It's about 40% done. Forty-two percent done, if I had to say. But then it's hard to gauge because everything is speeding up now, so it could probably be done real fast, within two months I could have it done. Madvillain seems like it's closer to being done. I'm working on the shit now. That shit'll be done within the next two months. I don't know when they gonna put it out. Otis [Madlib] is the producer, so I don't really have to do too much. I think on this record, we're mixing it up. I'll have more production on this one. We're thinking of doing half and half on production and half and half on content. I'm also working on a record for Williams Street, that's Adult Swim's record company. I think I'm gonna do [the alias King] Ghidra on there. I'm not gonna set that in stone, but I think Ghidra might be coming out on Williams Street. So by the end of the year, all of them will be done.
Personally I doubt any of them will drop this year.

I'm keen for Madvillian 2. He should just finish that one and get it out.

THE MASON
04-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Hope this is true

thats a lot of dope material to be released if it is

TAURO
04-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah after reading that interview, I definately won't be supporting him on tour. This DOOM cat is a bit of a strange fellow.

food for thought
04-13-2009, 11:44 AM
^ real strange

and hes got a lot of crazy ideas

his thoughts on performing live are real wack thou

Jin10304
04-13-2009, 12:47 PM
" I think on this record, we're mixing it up. I'll have more production on this one. We're thinking of doing half and half on production and half and half on content."

Sounds like he's trying to do the Jaylib formula with Madlib...

food for thought
04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
reading the interview makes me wana go back and listen to Operation Doomsday again though

TAURO
04-13-2009, 01:08 PM
^^same here

Stikee Fingerz
04-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm also working on a record for Williams Street, that's Adult Swim's record company. I think I'm gonna do [the alias King] Ghidra on there. I'm not gonna set that in stone, but I think Ghidra might be coming out on Williams Street

http://roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/ghidrah.jpg

BGS
04-13-2009, 01:16 PM
just release that fucking doom ghost album!!

sdeblasi
04-13-2009, 02:19 PM
good interview i hope these albums come out

i dont believe he almost retired the doom character after this album that wouldve sucked

Mumm Ra
04-13-2009, 02:51 PM
live show or not this cat aint gettin my cash anymore
kinda excited about the return of Ghidra though

RynMur
04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Good interview, but fuck that doomposter shit (or whatever he calls it)

the silencer
04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
i love the new album, been playing it over and over..

but this guy is nuts

claaa7
04-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Bumping "Born Like This" right now and shit is really hot. I wonder if we'll ever see the Ghost/DOOM project though but it ain't impossible; neither have any problem putting in loads of work and releasing quality music often so just they get together it should be a wrap.

Really good interview, HipHopDX is usually on point when it comes to that part but wack with the reviews. As everybody else said Doom's view on live shows is fucking stupid though, i'd buy his records but fuck a live show now.

p-rok73
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Hopefully MV2 does drop sometime this year. Madlib & DOOM seem to have great chemistry when it comes to making music together. I was hoping Madlib had more production on Born Like This, I just wasn't feeling Jake One's production.

whitey
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM
i would love all 3 to come out this year.

but im not holding my breath.

i dont believe any rap album will come out until its actually out.

p-rok73
04-13-2009, 04:35 PM
For all the hype BLT had going this album didn't sell as well as I thought it would, (10k) first week. Maybe the $$ will motivate him to drop more material sooner. A Madvillian tour would be nice, even better would be a GHOST/DOOM tour. I think one thing that motivates DOOM more than anything is the $$$.

main_man
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
i dont know, 10k for the first week in this day and age with this economy really aint that bad. rza's last album didnt even come close to that last year.

and a lot of major retail outlets dont even carry dooms record.

Paranoid
04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah after reading that interview, I definately won't be supporting him on tour. This DOOM cat is a bit of a strange fellow.

lol just realizing this now?

TAURO
04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
lol just realizing this now?

No but it has since become more apparent.

Paranoid
04-13-2009, 05:46 PM
No but it has since become more apparent.

I see.

neo n tha matrix
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
^ real strange

and hes got a lot of crazy ideas

his thoughts on performing live are real wack thou

Yea doom can kiss my ass with that shit!!!! If I pay money to go see doom and he pays some other nigga to go out there and pretend to be him... imma be pissed off. All tha fans that support him...tha least he could do is come to his own dam show WTF!!!

JerseyIronman
04-14-2009, 01:06 AM
i know what hes thinking with the Doomposter shit... hes thinking "hmm im like the only artist who always rocks a mask and no knows who the fuck i am or what I really look like" (except for shots of him from his KMD days and some shitty side profile shots)

so hes trying to incorporate that mystery aspect into his live performances, hes having fun with it. Also, it allows him to not perform.

unfortunately his justification for it were pretty much bull shit "people come to see the music not the performer"? that fucking bull shit.

Its his voice, his character, his persona, people come to see. Him live behind a mask, but its still him. not his cousin or some shit.

i could have my roomate play some Doom beats, put on a mask and charge me admission whats the fucking difference?

hes gonna loose his audience for his live shows, i dont know what the hell he is thinking.

food for thought
04-14-2009, 01:49 AM
^ interesrting theory sun

peace

food for thought
04-14-2009, 01:52 AM
EDIT: nevermind

oldie
04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
dude is crazy. his take on the impostor shit is interesting, quite like his cartoon character theory thing but its wack he does it. ppl pay to see the guy perform and he send out someone else, not cool.

he also said the ghost/doom project was 40% done in his last interview, just get it done already man! :)

would be nice if he did drop that KMD etc this year but spreading it out is also a good idea. well done for his wifey for talkig him out of retiring his character!