PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop is not what it was BECAUSE.........

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 09:49 AM
- Wheres thuh demonstration songs? Wheres thuh fuck da police, sound of da police, NWA/BDP anti police shit? Rappers dont talk shit about police no more, at a time when its been more RELEVENT than ever, niggas are too scared.

Scared.

ADD ON TO THE LIST

Tage
04-14-2009, 10:01 AM
BECAUSE...

people like ghostlaced are making threads like this.

hiphop is alot better than it used to be. im gettin sick of this gangsta ass bullshit, and so is everyone else by the look of it. its more inventive now, its not all about the same old shit...

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 10:19 AM
the nigga ghostlaced has no problemz with rap music now

ITS ALL GOOD TO ME, IVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS TO ALL THESE WHINY FAGS

im just saying about what has been gone, and missing compared to

and i basically just wanted to talk about the lack of Police songs

Rorschach
04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
lol....did you just refer to yourself as the nigga Ghostlaced?...Bit cringey.

Jay Dee - Fuck The Police though.

Don Universo
04-14-2009, 11:48 AM
because....

Lil Wayne( i know alotta ya'll like him but...)
Soulja Boy
Flo-rida
and a whole lotta other ring tone rap ma fuckas....

Rame
04-14-2009, 11:54 AM
That new Flo Rida album is bananas!

snapple
04-14-2009, 12:03 PM
when shit goes down the hiphop community responds.....example.....sean bell......

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 12:47 PM
when shit goes down the hiphop community responds.....example.....sean bell......

LIKE FUCK DID THEY!

and you say your "from new york"?

what part?

the closet homo part?

i remember that mos def video on youtube where he was going nuts about the fact that NON of the NY rappers came down with him to that big event in NY where they were protesting about it.

NOT ONE. apart from Dante Def.

Sean Bell issue has been largely ignored by the rappers, only one I can think of is Papoose when he put 47 gunshots at the end of that song

Chungsanity
04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
hiphop is dead. bury this shit.

-Pun died. he was the last great rapper of the dying breed.
-the wu are washed up. fuck outta here talkin about how they're forever.
-Prodigy is in jail
-Jigga's last 2 albums were horrible
-Nas proclaimed hiphop is dead

snapple
04-14-2009, 01:08 PM
LIKE FUCK DID THEY!

and you say your "from new york"?

what part?

the closet homo part?

i remember that mos def video on youtube where he was going nuts about the fact that NON of the NY rappers came down with him to that big event in NY where they were protesting about it.

NOT ONE. apart from Dante Def.

Sean Bell issue has been largely ignored by the rappers, only one I can think of is Papoose when he put 47 gunshots at the end of that song

yo whats your beef?

don't worry about where i'm from....

yo fuck you and your faggot youtube videos.....

clueless herb talking like he knows anything.....

where were you when the sean bell shit popped off?

"Sean Bell issue has been largely ignored by the rappers, only one I can think of is Papoose when he put 47 gunshots at the end of that song"

was your radio broken or something? you sounding stupid man....

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 01:11 PM
douchechills

Guarded By Martyrs
04-14-2009, 02:16 PM

-Prodigy is in jail

-Yes Pun died, so what ? thats was ages ago.
-So your on a Wu-Tang site, and they are still releasing material.
-And ?
-Oh wait, your the Reasonable Doubt rapist, I understand.
-I could give a fuck what Nas said, Killah Priest >>>>> Nas

ALCATRAZ
04-14-2009, 02:24 PM
people like ghostlaced are making threads like this.

"its funny how the most nostalgic cats are the ones who were never part of it" - el p

Chungsanity
04-14-2009, 02:31 PM
-Yes Pun died, so what ? thats was ages ago.
-So your on a Wu-Tang site, and they are still releasing material.
-And ?
-Oh wait, your the Reasonable Doubt rapist, I understand.
-I could give a fuck what Nas said, Killah Priest >>>>> Nas

sounds like you responded cause you wanna instigate shit for no reason.

smh @ if you think hiphop is alive.

and the ones who disagree with hiphop = dead are the ones who tell you to check for the underground material. all that underground shit is wack - none of that shit impresses me.

Im a nostalgic cat but Im only 20 - Im only old enough to dig up the past cause I wasnt old enough to live it. just like trance music died, hiphop has died too. the 90's will always be revered and missed.

Rame
04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
^ Deaf + Blind.

BornPower
04-14-2009, 02:50 PM

and the ones who disagree with hiphop = dead are the ones who tell you to check for the underground material. all that underground shit is wack - none of that shit impresses me.

Im a nostalgic cat but Im only 20 - Im only old enough to dig up the past cause I wasnt old enough to live it. just like trance music died, hiphop has died too. the 90's will always be revered and missed.

what is your definition of hip hop?
The Roots--just dropped Rising Down (who can do in Black Thought? NO ONE!)

GZA--Protools was crazy and you say the Wu is washed up?

Method Man--4:21 is bangin. period.

Nas--"N" is a great effort by Nas to continue doin what he's doin.

---and your avatar is Jay-Z. A man that has admitted many times that to him, hip hop is just a paycheck.

anyone else see the contradiction?

BornPower
04-14-2009, 02:51 PM
^ Deaf + Blind.

CO-SIGN

i could not have said it better.

oDoUoSoKo
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
maybe some rappers have realized that COMMITTING CRIMES and shitting on the police, is not a good look for em. eloels.

BornPower
04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
maybe some rappers have realized that COMMITTING CRIMES and shitting on the police, is not a good look for em. eloels.

if they were on their business correctly then committing crimes would not be an option for them.

our country was built on the right to shit on ANYBODY not doing what they're supposed to do.

ALCATRAZ
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
"i dumb down for my audience to double my dollars"

jay gets no respect from me.... not even a lil bit

Don Universo
04-14-2009, 04:23 PM
He's not the only emcee to dumb down his lyrics. alotta muthafuckas wanna just dance anyway, most don't like to take time and listen to lyrics anymore. In a way you can't blame him. for the past 10 years all you heard on the radio was simple rhymes and the shit was sellin. all jigga did was follow the trend and it worked for HIM...

oDoUoSoKo
04-14-2009, 05:02 PM
if they were on their business correctly then committing crimes would not be an option for them.

our country was built on the right to shit on ANYBODY not doing what they're supposed to do.
ok, well i prefer my provocative political music coming from people who arent committing crime. doesnt matter what America was built on, we got alot of dickhead rappers selling drugs and claiming to kill people, and complaining about being arrested...blah blah blah...that shit goes more unnoticed than police injustice.

BornPower
04-14-2009, 05:08 PM
He's not the only emcee to dumb down his lyrics. alotta muthafuckas wanna just dance anyway, most don't like to take time and listen to lyrics anymore. In a way you can't blame him. for the past 10 years all you heard on the radio was simple rhymes and the shit was sellin. all jigga did was follow the trend and it worked for HIM...

just because a lot of ppl do something doesn't make it right. REAL HIP HOP DOESN'T LIVE ON THE RADIO.

ok, well i prefer my provocative political music coming from people who arent committing crime. doesnt matter what America was built on, we got alot of dickhead rappers selling drugs and claiming to kill people, and complaining about being arrested...blah blah blah...that shit goes more unnoticed than police injustice.

I can dig that.

SMH
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM

-Prodigy is in jail

dmx is in also in jail

but rae is about to drop cuban linx
eminem will drop the relapse
method man and redman are dropping liquid swords

hip hop is dead?

lol your argument is so stupid , all those rappers are on the scene since the beggining of the 90s, you cant just say that hip hop is dieing because they arent doing it anymore like in the 90s. Face it they are getting old thats all.

beautifulrock
04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Actually Lacey, there are people making relevant tracks, relevant to the times. You just wouldn't know who they are, and are probably too stupid and lazy to find them.

It doesn't feel good when people just assume shit about you, does it?

Rame
04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
method man and redman are dropping liquid swords

Lol whut?

main_man
04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
doom - "absolutely"
his personal response about the police murders. and one of the best i've ever heard.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 05:41 PM
^^yes, good pick. He recorded that track 2 years ago.

But no one would come out with a Fuck Da Police like NWA did these days.

main_man
04-14-2009, 05:45 PM
^ true.
rappers would rather be safe nowadays and make unintelligent bullshit to make money rather than comment on social issues and abuses of power.
it almost brought the game to tears in some online video i watched. he wanted to do a sean bell song, but noone would do it with him. so he says.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Why don't you stop complaining about it and rep your community and write a song called "I Am Less Than Satisfied With Performance of the Bobbies at Scotland Yard" ?

Don't just bitch about it, be part of the solution!

oDoUoSoKo
04-14-2009, 05:51 PM
"I Am Less Than Satisfied With Performance of the Bobbies at Scotland Yard" ?

eloels

claaa7
04-14-2009, 05:54 PM

word, who the fuck can blame him.. it ain't like his albums been straight ass since "Reasonable Doubt" either, sure he put out his share of cheesy singles and even a couple weak full-lenghts but all-in-all his consistency is better than say Nas. "American Gangster" is a dope album too..

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Why don't you stop complaining about it and rep your community and write a song called "I Am Less Than Satisfied With Performance of the Bobbies at Scotland Yard" ?

Don't just bitch about it, be part of the solution!

Oh loook kids!!! Quick!!

A rare butt hurt hip hop shop LLcoolDan has appeared!!

He must of smelt blood, the jew nose is extremely powerful.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM

I answered your post therefor I have'nt instigated anything.
You can shake your head all you want
I have more than enough reasons to know your wrong.
I just found your post to be pathetic to be honest.
Becasue Nas said so...hahaha please...
Yeah there were glory days, but you come like there's nothing good at the present ???
Why compare everything to the 90's, I don't miss the 90's it was what it was = dope.
You stay in the same chamber long enough you begin to shun the others.
You praised Prodigy as a god because he said the word "Labyrinth" come on man.
And asked what GZA's best verse were ?
Expand you mind...If you think Hip-Hop is dead then you aren't looking in the right places.

I listen to a vast amount of artists, and if you don't like "The Underground" thats fine
But thats a big bracket to put a lot of talented artists in.
As well as a big chunk your already not willing to check...why ?
Because they are put under a certain tittle you not gonna bother checking them ?
That's a great outlook to have.
You need to broaden your horizons because with you narrow minded view your missing out.
Check out a Blue Sky Black Death CD.

Rame
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Back on topic.

- Wheres thuh demonstration songs? Wheres thuh fuck da police, sound of da police, NWA/BDP anti police shit? Rappers dont talk shit about police no more, at a time when its been more RELEVENT than ever, niggas are too scared.

Scared.

ADD ON TO THE LIST

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh loook kids!!! Quick!!

A rare butt hurt hip hop shop LLcoolDan has appeared!!

He must of smelt blood, the jew nose is extremely powerful.

You sure are a sensitive bloke.

All sad and defensive...but I think it is adorable that you so desperately want to be a part of the culture.

Notice how yuou ust cried about art's nigger post and then quickly reverted to the bigotry of a sad, self-hating desperate poster....

p-rok73
04-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm 35 so I have been around for a minute, LOL. Hiphop to me is just evolving (for better or worse). Just like it has always been. Remember MC Hammer? or Sir Mix A Lot? People thought that hiphop was dying back then! Then Wu, Nas, Mobb Deep, Biggie, Jay, Tupac, Snoop, etc. came out & all of a sudden hiphop was "alive" again. 15 to 20 years from now we'll have the same debate. To me it's still alive just in a different shape & form.

Chungsanity
04-14-2009, 06:22 PM
LOL @ all these angry cats tryin to defend their precious '09 hiphop. thats cool, but dont be calling another person's opinion stupid and pathetic just to hide your insecurities.

I think hiphop is dead, can I roll with that or are yall gonna persecute me even more? smh.

oDoUoSoKo
04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
LOL @ all these angry cats tryin to defend their precious '09 hiphop
dont you understand that the person in your cum coated bedside poster is currently "'09 Hip-Hop"?

Chungsanity
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Reasonable Doubt > OBFCL.

http://www.straferight.com/forums/customavatars/avatar63773_17.gif

oDoUoSoKo
04-14-2009, 06:44 PM
if u you put it that way...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/NSYNCNoStringsAttached.jpg>>>>>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Reasonable_Doubt_New.jpg

Chungsanity
04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
no strings attached brings back memories, real talk.

this I promise you was the shit at the prom.

YungSunny
04-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Niggas don't wanna carry on tradition, like Nas said.

And that's because the audience is dumbing themselves down.

And that's why record company's are not signing "real" artists.

It's just a train that'll keep going, and will most likely not stop.
Just appreciate what niggas did for 30 years and live on.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL @ all these angry cats tryin to defend their precious '09 hiphop. thats cool, but dont be calling another person's opinion stupid and pathetic just to hide your insecurities.

I think hiphop is dead, can I roll with that or are yall gonna persecute me even more? smh.
No different from you defending your precious 90's Hip-Hop is it not ?
If anyone is insecure it's clearly you :
By your mindest nobody at present can be as good as the past.

I can call your opinion pathetic because your not even willing to expand your horizons.
Unlike you I have heard both of the genres and times in question.

If you think Hip-Hop is dead, yeah....you can roll with that.

"You Can Bring A Horse To The Lake But You Can't Make Him Drink.

Chungsanity
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
No different from you defending your precious 90's Hip-Hop is it not ?
If anyone is insecure it's clearly you :
By your mindest nobody at present can be as good as the past.

I can call your opinion pathetic because your not even willing to expand your horizons.
Unlike you I have heard both of the genres and times in question.

If you think Hip-Hop is dead, yeah....you can roll with that.

"You Can Bring A Horse To The Lake But You Can't Make Him Drink.

if I didnt wanna expand my horizons, I wouldnt even be on this site. which naive youngin knows who the wu are?

and damn right nobody at present can be as good as the past. Im sticking to that mindset FULL THROTTLE homes.

SMH
04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Lol whut?

ah sory meant blackout2

Drunken Monk
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Hip Hop is not what it was BECAUSE

only heaven knows

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfvYmcLPs6M&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfvYmcLPs6M&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Prime Sithesizah
04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
HIP HOP is NOT what it was BECAUSE...

1) You keep making stupid ass threads like this, attempting to knock down the mainstream cats that are ONLY building and getting more play on the radio because of stupid, incompetent threads like these (yeah, the Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, Nas and etc threads)

2) Most Wu fans are stuck in the past, for that matter, most of the iNet Hip-Hop fans are stuck in the 90s and will never accept new shit.. always crying about "thats not what I was expecting" or "I wish they went back to their old style aka I hope they never evolve and just stick to one monotone formula so they can bore the hell out of me"..

3) the classic 808s being SLAVED in the music.. terribly..

Embrace my genre... Cerebral Music... it's the NEW and EXCELLENT shit..

HIP-HOP IS DONE...
HIP-HOP IS DEAD...
HIP-HOP IS OVER...
HIP-HOP IS BURIED...
HIP-HOP NO LONGER EXISTS...

Keep discussing these so-called BULLSHIT rappers, you only bring them more attention, radio-play and endorsements...

TrueDciple
04-15-2009, 10:06 AM
GOSTLACED is it " Thuh" or "That" ? ....make up your mind.

Afficial_Nastee
04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
There's no Hardcore in it anymore, I mean like 6 years ago we still had DMX who brought some Hardcore appeal to the game , but now who the fuck still brings the Hardcore Hip-Hop? Jedi Mind Tricks and AOTP are the only ones I can think off but they're not that known to the big public I guess....

The Hound
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM

You are a liar. THe other week you said you were 16.

You're a fucking gook who is self admitted been listening to hip hop for 1 year whos only fucking album you own is Reasonable Doubt.

Time for you to start shutting the fuck up on hip hop.

Don Universo
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
^lmao...

BIG D O
04-17-2009, 04:16 PM
....of it's rapid commercialization.......cats stopped hymin to be nice and started to rhyme just to get paid huge money.....

once again, just like it did to rock n' roll, folk music and the blues, money ruined a pure artform......

YungSunny
04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
^It was only a matter of time.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-18-2009, 01:55 PM
can someone name a good '09 hip-hop album other than doom's? seriously, i haven't heard about anything else worth checking out.

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 05:31 PM
You are a liar. THe other week you said you were 16.

You're a fucking gook who is self admitted been listening to hip hop for 1 year whos only fucking album you own is Reasonable Doubt.

Time for you to start shutting the fuck up on hip hop.

come on b, how you gonna talk down on a brethren like that?

straight up forget it bredda. I hate getting at people for their location but australians will always be bootleg british people and I respect british people cause they're phat in front of the turntables. I didnt even know there were white jamaicans in sydney, fuck outta here.

davedigital360
04-19-2009, 04:20 PM

-Prodigy is in jail

Do you stick your dick in the reasonable doubt CD every night? lol.

Prodigy fell of hard. American Gangster was sick.

begongo
04-19-2009, 04:26 PM
hip hop doesn't change

you only perceive it differently because you're a CONSUMER and you only take what you're being fed

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-19-2009, 04:34 PM
^^^that's ridiculous; every genre in music changes over time. at this point you could break hiphop down into several distinct eras based on which styles were most prevalent/popular.

dimi
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM

do you live in a cave
underground is hip hop
if u see it on TV its pop music
trance house drum and bass are as popular as ever go to guverment or circa once in a while or any other club for that matter

pmack215
04-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Scared.

ADD ON TO THE LIST

.....HIPHOP is NOT what it was b/c of the vid clip u have in your "sig"......w. every so-called "MC" nowadays holding up there platinum chain in every picture, & showing off their medallion.
when cats are more known for their chains / medallions than their MC skills, then u know the acopalypse is upon us.

Suga Duga
04-20-2009, 02:18 PM
.....HIPHOP is NOT what it was b/c of the vid clip u have in your "sig"......w. every so-called "MC" nowadays holding up there platinum chain in every picture, & showing off their medallion.
when cats are more known for their chains / medallions than their MC skills, then u know the acopalypse is upon us.

you obviously never heard a single Z-RO song in your life.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM

man,,,,,,,

idk where this came from

but Z ro is near enough the "realest" rapper to come along int he last 10 years. He doesnt rap about that bullshit, his lyrics are some of the most depressing known to man LOL. but real.

iammzac
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
BECAUSE.. the internet

TAURO
04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
What hip hop lacks nowadays is variety in the mainstream. I hate commercial rap for the most part because it's so one sided, everything is about flossing and partying which is great and all because thats what young people like to do but hip hop used to reflect life and peoples lifestyles. You can't honestly sit there and tell me that 50 Cent's life is just one big party because the truth is, it isn't.

But lets say that political rap was the dominant rap topic of choice, again hip hop would still be lacking because of the lack of variety. I want to see a bit of everything when I switch to a hip hop channel because in real life it's not just one topic.