PDA

View Full Version : The way the MJ sample was used on "It aint hard tell" overshadowed Illmatic as a LP

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
_-_IFAt8ka0

"de-da-dadadaaa"

^this is how you ruin an album. They shouldve just taken the whole thing off and released it on Lost Tapes 10 years later

Whos idea was it to let Large Pro and Nas together in 1994?

The way he did Human Nature on this KILLED hip hop. Hip Hop was dead from this point, no one could live up to this. Large P pratically birthed Soulja Boy when this was released.

Name a better use of a sample than this, and I will never call you a faggot on this site in 2009.

You will also be known as the guy who re-surrected hip hop.

CharlesJones
04-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Ghostlaced most of your topics are retarded. I think you be looking for attention just like TSA. TSA's topics are retarded too. There's nothing wrong with Nas sampling Michael Jackson's Human Nature song on It Ain't Hard To Tell. The sample sounded good to me on the song. Nas said in XXL magazine recently when the magazine did a article about the making of Illmatic album that he was wondering how he was gonna get in touch with Michael Jackson to clear the Human Nature sample. He said he thought about it and he figured out that him and Michael were with the same record company so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why rappers should have to get permission from r&b singers to sample their music anyway. I know most r&b singers don't listen to rap so they shouldn't even care that rappers sample their music.

Monkdude
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
i agree with the attention whore thing but you missed the point of the topic. you got it twisted, hes saying the sample was great in an obnoxious way

ALCATRAZ
04-17-2009, 03:09 PM
sneak a uzi on tha island in my army jacket lining > jayz's life

sdeblasi
04-17-2009, 03:50 PM
probly my favorite song off Illmatic

YungSunny
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Shit forreal ghostlaced.
I'm still debating to myself on where I rate Illmatic cause of this goddamn song.
Sorry but It Ain't Hard To tell > Illmatic

CharlesJones
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
YungSunny your posts are retarded too. You're a attention whore. There's nothing wrong with It Ain't Hard To Tell song or Illmatic album except Memory Lane song.

sdeblasi
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
^ why dont you like Memory Lane? cuz the beat was already used on the Scientifik album?

CharlesJones
04-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't like the beat.

JerseyIronman
04-17-2009, 04:25 PM
_-_IFAt8ka0

"de-da-dadadaaa"

^this is how you ruin an album. They shouldve just taken the whole thing off and released it on Lost Tapes 10 years later

The way he did Human Nature on this KILLED hip hop. Hip Hop was dead from this point, no one could live up to this. Large P pratically birthed Soulja Boy when this was released.

Name a better use of a sample than this, and I will never call you a faggot on this site in 2009.

You will also be known as the guy who re-surrected hip hop.

What the fuck are you talking about lol

are you bashing it or praising it?

its one of the illest samples ever, no doubt. Not just the "de-de-dada" part, but also the sample when nas starts rapping

Tyler Durden
04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
He's praising it.
I get what he's talking about though.
Sometimes you can top your best before your career has started.
I still like Nas though.
If I only listened to musicians that have topped their last song or album then I wouldn't be listening to music at all

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-17-2009, 04:46 PM
some people are fucking morons.

im out.

Finesse Da God
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Ah to be European...

cap
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
^ why dont you like Memory Lane? cuz the beat was already used on the Scientifik album?

??

and what track might that be?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Ah to be European...

european or not, that doesn't matter

u r the ones with all those Soulja Bois and so on, not us, at least not my country

so don't be an asshole, and say to be from Birmingham.

ROFLCOPTERSUBMARINETAKESADIVEINYOSHIT

cap
04-17-2009, 05:54 PM

u r the ones with all those Soulja Bois and so on, not us, at least not my country

major burn!!
he's right you know!!
we dont follow wack ass ringtone trends over here, fuck outta here with that shit!!

soulja boi cant fill a venue over here but he'll sell out like a muthafucka over there!! haha

Reiko
04-17-2009, 05:56 PM
^^ true!

sdeblasi
04-17-2009, 06:02 PM
??

and what track might that be?

sUYT0oWr6sQ

i like both songs i dont know why CharlesJones doesnt like that beat, i think its dope

cap
04-17-2009, 06:09 PM
sUYT0oWr6sQ

i like both songs i dont know why CharlesJones doesnt like that beat, i think its dope

wooooooooow what the fuck?
why isnt this common knowledge?

is this the same producer that made memory lane?

YungSunny
04-17-2009, 06:17 PM
^LOL No
Some dude produced the whole scientifik album
DJ Premier made memory lane I think.

YungSunny
04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
YungSunny your posts are retarded too. You're a attention whore. There's nothing wrong with It Ain't Hard To Tell song or Illmatic album except Memory Lane song.

And the illiterate award goes to....

sdeblasi
04-17-2009, 06:19 PM
wooooooooow what the fuck?
why isnt this common knowledge?

is this the same producer that made memory lane?

no, Premo produced memory lane

claaa7
04-17-2009, 06:38 PM
that Scientifik joint wasn't released until 1998 though so I doubt Preemo ever heard it..

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Charles Jones is a fucking moron.

Havent you guys figured this out yet? damn.

Not only did he make himself look like a total tool in his first post, he then went on to say Memory Lane was wack (lol!).

Hes a douche. and totally misunderstood a pretty straight forward thread.

b-dolo
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
check out the first version of it aint hard to tell, its called nas will prevail and is fuckin nice, i don't know which one i like better

tUe2TrKKu4Y

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-17-2009, 07:40 PM
^lol thats obviously the weaker version. It doesnt even have the "dadada da daaaaa"

oDoUoSoKo
04-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Charles Jones is a fucking moron.

Havent you guys figured this out yet? damn.

Not only did he make himself look like a total tool in his first post, he then went on to say Memory Lane was wack (lol!).

Hes a douche. and totally misunderstood a pretty straight forward thread.
how bout this, i completely understand ur thread, and just as much disagree.

sdeblasi
04-17-2009, 08:33 PM
check out the first version of it aint hard to tell, its called nas will prevail and is fuckin nice, i don't know which one i like better

tUe2TrKKu4Y

the album version is definitely way better than this, but this is pretty nice as its own song the lyrics are different too

oDoUoSoKo
04-17-2009, 09:40 PM
you might as well be a singer, but ain HARMIN-Nas...lmao.

JerseyIronman
04-17-2009, 11:18 PM

are you serious with this? ...

Finesse Da God
04-18-2009, 12:55 AM
lol son said that like Europe can claim dopeniciity

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-18-2009, 01:38 AM
I know what we listen to here, man, I'm from Slovenia and I'm a big Wu, 1BeLo and Def Jux fan.

My man Begongo is from Rawmania and he's into dope old school rap [he taught me a few things]..

Reiko is from Poland and has a thread hiphop stuff, and I know his steez, ...

Even Ghostlaced, who listens to Weezy, knows some dope ass motherfuckers, like Cannibal Ox, which is a big contrast, but so what, he knows dope hiphop.

Shizzah is REALLY REALLY talented, REALLY REALLY young and has a lot of hiphop knowledge...and he's from fucking Serbia.

Whers is from England, and he's pretty much anti-mainstream [for the most time]. I don't need to prove that, everybody knows his steez.

Do you want more proof? You don't know how is it like here, the lifestyle is maybe different, maybe not, who knows, we have our own set of problems, but at least we don't talk how USA, Australia and Asia don't know squat about rap....it's not like we been to all places....and neither were you.

5hundred&one
04-18-2009, 01:59 AM
I still like to sit and laugh to myself from time to time when I think about how you euros must sound when you talk to your friends in ebonics terms with those funny accents.

ALCATRAZ
04-18-2009, 02:10 AM

yea and aside from soulja boy we have 2pac biggie pun kool g rap rakim krs one etc etc so u can kill that noise

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
04-18-2009, 02:34 AM
and the idiot ghostlaced strikes again with another retarded thread about nothing wow get a life dude and stop being an attention whore man

NY_Mami
04-18-2009, 03:00 AM
The one millionth topic about Nas from GHOSTLACED...... you must really like Nas........

YungSunny
04-18-2009, 06:20 AM

We also have New York, y'know, where hip-hop was made?

ALCATRAZ
04-18-2009, 06:51 AM
chali 2na > 2pac ... one be lo > nas ... serbia caliber of rappers > america

thats three strikes wera lol

CharlesJones
04-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Sheepish Lord Of Chaos, i see you and i think alike. Ghostlaced is dissing me but he's the one with a picture of Bizzy Bone hahahahahahahahahaha. Bizzy Bone is a singer and not a rapper LOL. He is a attention whore and so is his bitch YungSunny. Only topic i like that Ghostlaced did was about 2Pac.

YungSunny
04-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Charles Jones got me roasted like eva!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa80/thetreycox/Image00118.jpg

CharlesJones
04-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Is that your dad in the picture? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

YungSunny
04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow.

I don't think you were homeless long enough, you're still trying to be funny.

DrunkenMasta303
04-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I know what we listen to here, man, I'm from Slovenia and I'm a big Wu, 1BeLo and Def Jux fan.

My man Begongo is from Rawmania and he's into dope old school rap [he taught me a few things]..

Even Ghostlaced, who listens to Weezy, knows some dope ass motherfuckers, like Cannibal Ox, which is a big contrast, but so what, he knows dope hiphop.

Shizzah is REALLY REALLY talented, REALLY REALLY young and has a lot of hiphop knowledge...and he's from fucking Serbia.

Whers is from England, and he's pretty much anti-mainstream [for the most time]. I don't need to prove that, everybody knows his steez.

plus theres this cat called professor rino, hes from Deutschland, and he has seriously NEVER seen a lol wayne or a solja boy song on TV, he only noticed their existence when he came to this website....clowns can't make money in europe :lmao:

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-18-2009, 01:57 PM
and the idiot ghostlaced strikes again with another retarded thread about nothing wow get a life dude and stop being an attention whore man

Im gonna have to step out and clarify this now, as some people are not the best readers.

I AM SAYING I LIKE THIS SONG.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS SONG IS WACK.

It must b dick-free season or something.

Way to fuck up a fred.

J-DON
04-18-2009, 02:13 PM
It aint hard to tell is one of the hardest beats ever

All the elements in the beat are amazing.

The Da-da-daa-daa. The arpeggio during the verses. The hard ass bassline. the aaaaa-aaaaa....aaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaa. Classic drum sounds. The sax. ALL OF IT.

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
illmatic shouldve had atleast 11 tracks and ended off with a track called Revelation since it started with genesis. 39 minutes is way too fucking short. 2 years to make illmatic and they dished out only 9 tracks and 1 intro? bullshit.

this is what separates illmatic from an album like reasonable doubt. 14 hot tracks and it ends with regrets, a closing track that illmatic lacked.

ALCATRAZ
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
illmatic shouldve had atleast 11 tracks and ended off with a track called Revelation since it started with genesis.

thats corny as fuck my dude

a closing track that illmatic lacked

i totally agree... it aint hard to tell is a such a shitty song to end an album

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
it makes sense cause people consider illmatic to be the bible of lyricism, even though it was soon surpassed by an album that dropped on june 25th, 96.

Tonystarks420
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
is it true 3 people got lost in jay z's lips?

YungSunny
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM
illmatic shouldve had atleast 11 tracks and ended off with a track called Revelation since it started with genesis. 39 minutes is way too fucking short. 2 years to make illmatic and they dished out only 9 tracks and 1 intro? bullshit.

this is what separates illmatic from an album like reasonable doubt. 14 hot tracks and it ends with regrets, a closing track that illmatic lacked.
It's called bootlegging, niggas bootlegged the hell outta illmatic so they had to cut tracks. You're so smart.
is it true 3 people got lost in jay z's lips?

Jaz-o, Biggie, and Beyonce.

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM
where did you get that claim - from a word of mouth right? there were times when the studio was left alone for weeks. it had to be a lack of work ethic cause Nas was just 19/20 years old so he was probably living his youth first.

tomorrow's the 15th anniversary of Illmatic so pay tribute.

sdeblasi
04-18-2009, 05:48 PM
It Aint Hard to Tell > Reasonable Doubt

ALCATRAZ
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
the genesis > reasonable doubt

real talk

claaa7
04-18-2009, 05:52 PM
^^ co-sign, "Illmatic" is way above Reasonable Doubt.. and that's coming from someone who's placing RD in his top-10 albums of all time!

sdeblasi
04-18-2009, 05:54 PM
lol It Aint Hard to Tell is in my top 5 songs ever and Chungsanity is trying to say Illmatic had a bad closing song???? wtf

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 06:17 PM
the genesis > reasonable doubt

real talk

how is that real talk? that's some he say she say blasphemy right there.

I was disappointed when my humorous but classic RD thread was locked so whatever.

yall know deep down that Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic, kinda like how yall know deep down that Big L > Rakim but think Ra is the god mc when he's not. Big L is better than Rakim in every fucking way, kinda like RD > Illmatic. if Illmatic had 2 or 3 more tracks, it would be the perfect album - hell I'd be struck with enormous dillema if that was the case.

Illmatic had 9 songs, and it was 8/9 in terms of good tracks. I could never get into one time 4 your mind despite a few quotables.

RD was 13/14 with the tracks and although aint no nigga is the scapegoat I truly dont give a fuck - it was still hot.

13 classic tracks > 8 classic tracks.

yall are just too brainwashed by Nas saying "wanting to be on every last one of my classics." seriously get a grip.

8xZHubqTyi0

the greatest intro to any album, EVER. this isnt even the album version though - its the demo version and since it sounds dope, imagine how much better he made the album version.

"jay-z's gonna stick your head up your asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked."

oldie
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
IMO it was a fuckin brilliant used sample!

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
^who said it wasnt? what is wrong with some people lol.

read dumbass.

better.

spiggity_ace
04-18-2009, 07:33 PM
that Scientifik joint wasn't released until 1998 though so I doubt Preemo ever heard it..

wasnt it relaesed in 1992?

oDoUoSoKo
04-18-2009, 07:35 PM
it makes sense cause people consider illmatic to be the bible of lyricism, even though it was soon surpassed by an album that dropped on june 25th, 96.
Reasonable Doubt is not by any means superior to Illmatic

oldie
04-18-2009, 07:42 PM
^who said it wasnt? what is wrong with some people lol.

read dumbass.

better.

mate im just stating my opinion on this matter. i never said that someone said it wasnt.

read cunt

Drunken Monk
04-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Ghostlaced most of your topics are retarded. I think you be looking for attention just like TSA. TSA's topics are retarded too. There's nothing wrong with Nas sampling Michael Jackson's Human Nature song on It Ain't Hard To Tell. The sample sounded good to me on the song. Nas said in XXL magazine recently when the magazine did a article about the making of Illmatic album that he was wondering how he was gonna get in touch with Michael Jackson to clear the Human Nature sample. He said he thought about it and he figured out that him and Michael were with the same record company so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why rappers should have to get permission from r&b singers to sample their music anyway. I know most r&b singers don't listen to rap so they shouldn't even care that rappers sample their music.

what a fag

Finesse Da God
04-18-2009, 07:51 PM

Whers is from England , and he's pretty much anti-mainstream [for the most time]. I don't need to prove that, everybody knows his steez.

Do you want more proof? You don't know how is it like here, the lifestyle is maybe different, maybe not, who knows, we have our own set of problems, but at least we don't talk how USA, Australia and Asia don't know squat about rap....it's not like we been to all places....and neither were you.

Epic Loss

DrunkenMasta303
04-18-2009, 08:13 PM
^learned his religion from the wu-manual chapter 7 verse 3 written by the holy prophet robert diggs

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/customavatars/avatar61492_1.gif

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Reasonable Doubt is not by any means superior to Illmatic

cant knock the hustle = ny state of mind
politics as usual < lifes a bitch
brooklyns finest = the world is yours
dead presidents II = halftime
feelin it = memory lane
d'evils > one love
22 twos > one time 4 your mind
can I live = represent
aint no nigga < it aint hard to tell
friend or foe >
coming of age >
cashmere thoughts >
bring it on >
regrets >>>>>>>>>>>

it was an even score from tracks 1-9, but thats where Illmatic ended. reasonable doubt had FIVE more tracks, and all five were classics.

thats where I make the distinction. Illmatics tracks are tough guns, but there's only 9 tracks - NINE.

anyway, Im gonna cop another copy of illmatic tomorrow to celebrate the 15th anniversary. deserves my respect and 15 bucks.

sdeblasi
04-18-2009, 08:25 PM
^ hahahah thats the most ridiculous way to compare those two albums

you really overrate the song "regrets", its not even close to my favorite song on RD

ALCATRAZ
04-18-2009, 08:30 PM
jay z said ether made him stronger lol

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 08:48 PM
you really overrate the song "regrets", its not even close to my favorite song on RD

I cant take you seriously as a RD critic anymore.

regrets is one of the most introspective, personal, honest songs ever.

A8Xn1G_hDn8

"Metamorphic, as the dope turns to cream
but one of these buyers got eyes like a Korean
It's difficult to read em, the windows to his soul
are half closed, I put the key in"

^the meaning behind that is genius

"I found myself reminiscing, remember this one
when he was here he was crazy nice with his son
I miss him, long as I'm living he's living through memories
He's there to kill all my suicidal tendencies"

no offense, but you gotta take that statement back.

I also gotta say best intro ever: cant knock the hustle

best outro ever: regrets

sdeblasi
04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
^ Regrets is a great song i never said it wasnt..personally i like Can i Live, Dead Presidents, Cant Knock the Hustle, and some others better

im saying you overrate it....it doesnt come close to It Aint Hard to Tell

Finesse Da God
04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
^learned his religion from the wu-manual chapter 7 verse 3 written by the holy prophet robert diggs

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/julie_andrews_as_mary_poppins.jpg

YungSunny
04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
where did you get that claim - from a word of mouth right?

If you consider DJ Premier word of mouth....yeah.

ShaDynasty
04-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I don't even think that vocal sample is from MJ, the horns in the background are but if the vocals are they're disguised well. Either way this thread is retarded and the thread starter is probably the only one whos holds this opinion.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-19-2009, 08:26 AM
We also have New York, y'know, where hip-hop was made?

Yeah, and other parts too. But like Prof. Rino said, people like Soulja Boi aren't getting any play here LOL, also the last three Wu albums sold more in Europe than in the US, and so on. I ain't saying there isn't bullshit coming from Europe [*kreh*Cilva*kreh* [well at least he's a dope producer]], I just don't like how the market turns, how some dope mainstream artists don't have control over their projects [Jadakiss for instance], ...

I know how Europe does it, and how the US does it, but everyone from the US should just shut the fuck up when it comes to Europe. I guess some of y'all never heard The Streets, IAM and artists like that, because in Europe, dope motherfuckers like that ARE MAINSTREAM.

I say eat yourself alive.

YungSunny
04-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Sad how europe embraces us Americans hip-hop wise but none of us care about hip-hop from there.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-19-2009, 08:43 AM
^^^^most of it isn't in a language u could understand.

But fo real, if u ever get the chance, learn spanish and french, lot's of good hiphop in those two parts.

sdeblasi
04-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't even think that vocal sample is from MJ, the horns in the background are but if the vocals are they're disguised well. Either way this thread is retarded and the thread starter is probably the only one whos holds this opinion.

thats absolutely MJ's vocals, and it really was a great use of the sample, check it:

Pjzer9dUWmg

at 3:33

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-19-2009, 10:58 AM

lol what a dumbass

double fail

If you dont like the sample use in this song you should just leave hip hop alone.

Forever.

SMH
04-19-2009, 12:01 PM
cant knock the hustle = ny state of mind
politics as usual < lifes a bitch
brooklyns finest = the world is yours
dead presidents II = halftime
feelin it = memory lane
d'evils > one love
22 twos > one time 4 your mind
can I live = represent
aint no nigga < it aint hard to tell
friend or foe >
coming of age >
cashmere thoughts >
bring it on >
regrets >>>>>>>>>>>

it was an even score from tracks 1-9, but thats where Illmatic ended. reasonable doubt had FIVE more tracks, and all five were classics.

thats where I make the distinction. Illmatics tracks are tough guns, but there's only 9 tracks - NINE.

anyway, Im gonna cop another copy of illmatic tomorrow to celebrate the 15th anniversary. deserves my respect and 15 bucks.

shut tha fuck up

ShaDynasty
04-19-2009, 12:51 PM
lol what a dumbass

double fail

If you dont like the sample use in this song you should just leave hip hop alone.

Forever.

Where did I say that exactly?!
You need to chill out son, even if I thought that song WAS wack it would be my opinion and I would still listen to Hip Hop. Illmatic is one of my favorite albums, but I think 'It Ain't Hard To Tell' is one of the weakest tracks on there and there are several better uses of sampling on the other tracks. Thats not to say its wack, but I just disagreed with your post because I don't think many other producers felt the bar was set too high or whatever that bullshit you said was.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Where did I say that exactly?!
You need to chill out son, even if I thought that song WAS wack it would be my opinion and I would still listen to Hip Hop. Illmatic is one of my favorite albums, but I think 'It Ain't Hard To Tell' is one of the weakest tracks on there and there are several better uses of sampling on the other tracks. Thats not to say its wack, but I just disagreed with your post because I don't think many other producers felt the bar was set too high or whatever that bullshit you said was.

omg what a dumbass

triple fail

Forever.

Son, you are clearly an idiot, you already proved this by saying that wasnt MJ on the sample (lol).

So your opinion is obviously cracked out from the get go.

Nas's 3 verses on this song, expekally the last verse, IS CHOC FULL OF CLASSIC LINES.

There are so many classic lines. And that to how Nas rides the kick drum, listen on the the 3rd v.

This rhythmatic explosion, is what your frame of mind has chosen
I'll leave your brain stimulated, niggaz is frozen
Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin
End like Leviathan, it's deep well let me try again
Wisdom be leakin out my grapefruit troop
I dominate break loops, givin mics menestraul cycles
Street's disciple, I rock beats that's mega trifle
And groovy but smoother than moves by Villanova
You're still a soldier, I'm like Sly Stallone in Cobra
Packin like a rasta in the weed spot
Vocals'll squeeze glocks, MC's eavesdrop
Though they need not to sneak
My poetry's deep, I never fail
Nas's raps should be locked in a cell
It ain't hard to tell

ALCATRAZ
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
nas is a better rapper than jayz on so many levels

SL33
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
MC's eavesdrop

timeless.

anyway, i think this is the perfect way to finish an album. and that MJ sample is a fuckin highlight. (one of many)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-19-2009, 05:50 PM

only on this album, I'm afraid

YungSunny
04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
^
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Nas-gods-son-music-album.jpg

Chungsanity
04-19-2009, 06:34 PM

how? Nas has 2 albums that are apart of my holy trinity:

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. It Was Written
3. Illmatic

but how is NaS better when he's had one flow for 18 years and counting. remember this garbage?

VoMhU91MdzQ

this is the only time where he switched it up and he failed miserably. guess who had that flow before? JAY TO THE MUTHAFUCKIN Z from '89-94.

and yall nas stans claim how hov bit his style for RD when he was original, jigga's the future flows digital.

Jay surpassed Nas in 98 in every single way.

ALCATRAZ
04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
u guys need 2 stop judging rappers solely on their albums its not just about that... everytime we get into discussions of rappers ur quick to bring up reasonable doubt... so what its jays best work but it doesnt define him as an artist at all... his collective body of work defines him

DRUNKENDRAGON
04-19-2009, 07:20 PM
OG version:

z5g5cdm3KAM

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-20-2009, 04:42 AM
^
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Nas-gods-son-music-album.jpg

Get Down isn't enuff, that's the only 5/5 track, those mother tracks were cool and all, but he should've destroyed the Made you Look beat [same with the Get Yourself a Gun, he was so boring on both of those...]

Nas have variety of flows, just no variety in deliveries... but Illmatic is showing that he could be better lyrically and making an album with a theme. IWW had a theme, all of the other albums failed.

I was a big Nas fan, but then I saw that 80% of his material I listened to all the time wasn't on the albums [Lost Tapez included]

beautifulrock
04-20-2009, 05:09 AM
_-_IFAt8ka0

"de-da-dadadaaa"

You will also be known as the guy who re-surrected hip hop.Please, for god's sake,

SHUT THE FUCK UP

YungSunny
04-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Get Down isn't enuff, that's the only 5/5 track, those mother tracks were cool and all, but he should've destroyed the Made you Look beat [same with the Get Yourself a Gun, he was so boring on both of those...]

Nas have variety of flows, just no variety in deliveries... but Illmatic is showing that he could be better lyrically and making an album with a theme. IWW had a theme, all of the other albums failed.

I was a big Nas fan, but then I saw that 80% of his material I listened to all the time wasn't on the albums [Lost Tapez included]

This album contains his most personal subject matter that jay-z would've never thought of.
Last Real Nigga Alive, Hey Nas, Book Of Rhymes, Heaven, this isn't supposed to be a street nigga album. That's why you don't like it. It's been 15 years and niggas still won't let go of the nasty nas image. ;(

SL33
04-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah, and other parts too. But like Prof. Rino said, people like Soulja Boi aren't getting any play here LOL, also the last three Wu albums sold more in Europe than in the US, and so on. I ain't saying there isn't bullshit coming from Europe [*kreh*Cilva*kreh* [well at least he's a dope producer]], I just don't like how the market turns, how some dope mainstream artists don't have control over their projects [Jadakiss for instance], ...

I know how Europe does it, and how the US does it, but everyone from the US should just shut the fuck up when it comes to Europe. I guess some of y'all never heard The Streets, IAM and artists like that, because in Europe, dope motherfuckers like that ARE MAINSTREAM.

true, true.... we, europeans have opportunity to listen rap from various countries, and you guys don't.

french h-h, for example>>>>USA h-h

and mega lol @ Finesse Da God and other Marsians.

i wanna learn UFO techniques too.

Don Universo
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Illmatic is just about flawless IMO, no need to pick shit apart.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
This album contains his most personal subject matter that jay-z would've never thought of.
Last Real Nigga Alive, Hey Nas, Book Of Rhymes, Heaven, this isn't supposed to be a street nigga album. That's why you don't like it. It's been 15 years and niggas still won't let go of the nasty nas image. ;(

Book of Rhymes is boring if u ask me, good concept, but he's just talking about how wack he used to be. [Big LOL to that]

All of the other songs are nothing.....c'mon, compare Heaven to Cage's - Nothing Left To Say, and you'll see that u can be lyrical and with an open heart on the same track.

SMH
04-20-2009, 01:36 PM
man reasonable doubt is dope but compared to illmatic OB4CL LS and all the other albums that you have compared it to, its really weak nuff said.

YungSunny
04-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Book of Rhymes is boring if u ask me, good concept, but he's just talking about how wack he used to be. [Big LOL to that]

All of the other songs are nothing.....c'mon, compare Heaven to Cage's - Nothing Left To Say, and you'll see that u can be lyrical and with an open heart on the same track.

I see you're on some underground shit. Nevermind.

JerseyIronman
04-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Im sorry if i come off sounding like an ass hole but... i dont really care whats going on over in Europe. I dont give a shit whats being played on the radio over in Europe because to me, America is hip-hop. So when you say "at least we dont play Soulja boy on the radio" i got to laugh to my self cuz i just dont give a shit.

at all.

Nas's 3 verses on this song, expekally the last verse, IS CHOC FULL OF CLASSIC LINES.

There are so many classic lines. And that to how Nas rides the kick drum, listen on the the 3rd v.

I think the first verse is the best because of "Deep like The Shinin', sparkle like a diamond/
Sneak a uzi on the island in my army jacket linin" hahaha DOPE

and also... "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell
From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell"

how is that real talk? that's some he say she say blasphemy right there.

I was disappointed when my humorous but classic RD thread was locked so whatever.

yall know deep down that Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic, kinda like how yall know deep down that Big L > Rakim but think Ra is the god mc when he's not. Big L is better than Rakim in every fucking way, kinda like RD > Illmatic. if Illmatic had 2 or 3 more tracks, it would be the perfect album - hell I'd be struck with enormous dillema if that was the case.

Illmatic had 9 songs, and it was 8/9 in terms of good tracks. I could never get into one time 4 your mind despite a few quotables.

RD was 13/14 with the tracks and although aint no nigga is the scapegoat I truly dont give a fuck - it was still hot.

13 classic tracks > 8 classic tracks.

yall are just too brainwashed by Nas saying "wanting to be on every last one of my classics." seriously get a grip.

8xZHubqTyi0

the greatest intro to any album, EVER. this isnt even the album version though - its the demo version and since it sounds dope, imagine how much better he made the album version.

"jay-z's gonna stick your head up your asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked."

For the love of god, please shut the fuck up about Reasonable Doubt.

Like, we get it, you think its the best album ever made... we dont.

and comparing the two albums track-by-track is fucking retarded. to me, any track on illmatic >> any track on RD. Therefore, i dont give a shit if RD has 5 more tracks on it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
^lol yeah good qoutes.

I cant beleive there are turds out there that actually come out and say things like "it aint hard to tell is a weaker illmatic song"

i mean

wtf. shoot yourself or something.

sdeblasi
04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
"It Aint Hard to Tell" is in the top 10 rap songs its at T.R.O.Y. or CREAM status for me when it comes to bonafide classics

JerseyIronman
04-20-2009, 08:21 PM
"It Aint Hard to Tell" is in the top 10 rap songs its at T.R.O.Y. or CREAM status for me when it comes to bonafide classics

no doubt, I also think its now my favorite on Illmatic.

ive always struggled picking between "It aint hard to tell", "NY State of Mind" and "The World is Yours"

YungSunny
04-20-2009, 09:25 PM
^Ditto

Longbongcilvaringz
04-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Chungsanity is annoying at times.

ShaDynasty
04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
omg what a dumbass

triple fail

Forever.

Son, you are clearly an idiot, you already proved this by saying that wasnt MJ on the sample (lol).

So your opinion is obviously cracked out from the get go.

This rhythmatic explosion, is what your frame of mind has chosen
I'll leave your brain stimulated, niggaz is frozen
Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin
End like Leviathan, it's deep well let me try again
Wisdom be leakin out my grapefruit troop
I dominate break loops, givin mics menestraul cycles
Street's disciple, I rock beats that's mega trifle
And groovy but smoother than moves by Villanova
You're still a soldier, I'm like Sly Stallone in Cobra
Packin like a rasta in the weed spot
Vocals'll squeeze glocks, MC's eavesdrop
Though they need not to sneak
My poetry's deep, I never fail
Nas's raps should be locked in a cell
It ain't hard to tell

Wow. I was completely wrong. Obviously everything you say is the gospel truth so i'm going to stop listening to Hip Hop now. I get the feeling a lot of idiots listen to it anyway.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
^goodbye. you wont be missed.

it aint hard to tell>>>sosa's opinion

energizer
04-21-2009, 03:09 PM
you cant judge an album based on the amount of songs, is pink floyd's wish you were here a bad album because its 5 songs? you have to look at the total product

ALCATRAZ
04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
2pac > yeshua ben yosef > nas > biggie > garbage can > jay