PDA

View Full Version : I'm Tired Of People Dissing KRS One

CharlesJones
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I've been seeing that KRS has been getting a lot of hate on here from people. I've seen some people on here who say they like him but it seems to me he has more haters on here than people who like them. The one main problem i hear from his haters is that he preaches too much. So what? What's wrong with KRS preaching knowledge and education when most rappers don't preach about that to the black community? KRS has made a lot of classic songs and he's a very good mc. He's one of my favorite mc's. The brother has never went mainstream and he's kept his music underground. Only problem i have with him is that he hasn't been making good albums now like he did back in the day. Kristyles was his last good album to me and the reason why i think his albums suck now is because of beats. His beats used to be hard back in the day. He's not getting good production anymore. Maybe him and DJ Premier will work on a album together that Premier was talking about and maybe his upcoming collabo album with Buckshot of Black Moon will have good beats. KRS can make good albums again if he gets good beats because his lyrics have always been tight. I gain a lot of knowledge by listening to KRS and i hope the brother continues to preach in his songs. These ghetto ass black ignorant men that listen to rap need to listen to KRS so they can gain some knowledge and strive to be somebody successful instead of wanting to be a thug/criminal.

Afficial_Nastee
04-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah Word, KRS-One might not be the illest, I sure respect him for what he contributed to Hip-Hop and the love he got for the culture....

sdeblasi
04-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah Word, KRS-One might not be the illest, I sure respect him for what he contributed to Hip-Hop and the love he got for the culture....

for real i dont think theres an MC out there who truly loves hip hop music and culture as much as KRS does, a true legend who never wants to see what he helped start die

LORD NOSE
04-17-2009, 05:01 PM

who is iLLer ?

CharlesJones
04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Canibus, Redman, Ras Kass, Rakim, Buckshot of Black Moon, Nas are iller than KRS but KRS would be in my top 5 favorite mc's.

Wu-Tang Gambino
04-17-2009, 05:20 PM
90% of people talking shit about KRS haven't even heard a BDP album.

claaa7
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
good thread; i forgot about your PM on the topic CJ but i fully agree on the topic.. KRS is extremely talanted and has contributed more to hip-hop than 90% of artists out there. his skills is STILL evident despite wtf people on here is claiming; listen to the songs "Hip-Hop Lives" and "The Teacha's Back" for evidence.

Paranoid
04-17-2009, 05:26 PM
i think charles jones swallows buckets of semen regularly

glad i could contribute to this thread

Prolifical ENG
04-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Canibus, Redman, Ras Kass, Rakim, Buckshot of Black Moon, Nas are iller than KRS but KRS would be in my top 5 favorite mc's.

lol....

Afficial_Nastee
04-17-2009, 06:06 PM
who is iLLer ?

Pfff.... A lot of MC's man....
To give you 5 :
Big Pun
Biggie
Kool G Rap
Sticky Fingaz
Eminem

But that's my opinion.....

snapple
04-17-2009, 06:57 PM
PEACE

charles jones no need to get tight....

KRS One is a legend....nobody can take that from him....he's an originator....KRS one is well respected....made classic albums....it's KRS ONE

some people on this website are really picky and got weird standards as far as music goes....i dont get it but hey....

if people hate on KRS one it's probably for attention...or theyre cornballs from the boondocks who weren't even alive yet or in diapers when KRS one was poppin....so fuck em.... BOOGIE DOWN BABY

Paranoid
04-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Pfff.... A lot of MC's man....
To give you 5 :
Big Pun
Biggie
Kool G Rap
Sticky Fingaz
Eminem

But that's my opinion.....

I could agree

I like KRS tho

drippie k
04-17-2009, 07:45 PM
i respect krs because of his contributions to the art and how many times he's stood up for hip-hop plus all the dope shit he put out back in the days (and hip-hop lives wasn't too bad either), but some of the things he says get me goin like "dude..wtf?" especially that world trade center comment, no matter how many times he tried to explain what he meant it just wasn't good enough...imo, he failed on oreilly factor when that topic was brought up

BIG D O
04-17-2009, 10:53 PM
neva hated on kris......as a matter of fact, next to Grandmaster Caz, Afrika Bambataa, Grand Daddy I.U., Kane, Rakim and G Rap there isn't an older head I respect more.....

LORD NOSE
04-17-2009, 11:03 PM
back in the day - when they broke out the turntables and mics in the park, the tables were not steady, and the records would skip and throw the MC off - but a good MC would catch it and keep rockin - even if the power went out - The MC would keep rockin - now those that were apart of and witnessed this process can appreciate what was produced out of those conditions -

those that couldn't understand what we was doing, and couldn't tune in, sometimes tuned in later on in life and sometimes died -

main_man
04-17-2009, 11:46 PM
i just heard a krs-one/sadat x joint. i think it was produced by dj js1. shit was bangin', for real.

derek41
04-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Krs is still one of the greatest live performers to grace the mic. To me, live performance is still the defining trait of a dope MC and noone has moved the crowd like KRS or Rakim. Sure he has made some wack shit, but his dope shit outshines the wackness by far. The BDP albums and his first two solo albums are so dope that his legacy as one of the greats will always remain. Can't wait for real hip hop to come back, that KRS buckshot album sounds like we will be getting that hardcore shit that made me love hip hop and hopefully all this pussy rap shit can go away.

claaa7
04-18-2009, 07:28 AM
i just heard a krs-one/sadat x joint. i think it was produced by dj js1. shit was bangin', for real.

i think you mean this joint from Sadat's upcoming album "Brand New Bein" featuring KRS and Razhel. BLOW UP DA SPOT (http://www.spinemagazine.com/news_mp3/april/sadatx/blowupdaspot.mp3)

CharlesJones
04-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Prolifical ENG, i meant to say i would put KRS in my top 10 mc's. LOL@Derek41 saying you hope the pussy rap shit will go away hahahahahahahahahahaha. It's gonna go away eventually and the hardcore lyrical stuff will come back. Most southern rappers are one hit wonders anyway and people are gonna stop supporting that wack shit. Getting back to KRS though, the dude is a legend and i don't see how people can hate on the dude. He's always been doing real hip hop. People may not agree with his opinion about politics but he usually speaks the truth. Ya'll see what KRS did to Nelly hahahahahahahahaha. Nelly has sold more records than KRS but where is Nelly now? LOL. LOL@KRS saying on Nelly diss song You Don't Really Want It, that was a nice try Nelly i don't mean to be bold but put that hot in here bullshit on hold hahahahahahaha. In the dictionary under wack rap, you the rapper LOL. KRS shitted on Nelly again on diss song Over Here. I love Over Here beat. That beat is hard. KRS made me laugh on The Original Way song on Sex And Violence album when he said you take shots at me with a weak album LOL. You got no skills chill, plus your corny. You think your hardcore cause you got a 40? LOL. He also made me laugh on Duck Down song when he said i think your a sucker cause the only word you know is muthafucka LOL.

main_man
04-18-2009, 12:47 PM
yep, claa7, thats the one.

Suga Duga
04-18-2009, 01:57 PM
who is iLLer ?

just lol

Tage
04-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm tired of people thinking KRS' verse on Sway & Tech's Anthem was good.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-18-2009, 04:07 PM
krs is dope, his newer shit (at least that i've heard) has too much 'i'm the best, i'm hip-hop' posturing for my taste, but whatever.

the albums krs-one and return of the boom bap are classics in my book.

CharlesJones
04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
LOL@KRS's disses towards Nelly on You Don't Really Want It song when he said let me tell ya it don't take me to say don't buy your album. Street cats ain't buying it anyway hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You telling me to make up my mind but you don't know whether you wanna sing or rhyme LOL. If it wasn't for the old school, your bitch ass wouldn't be here now LOL.

TSA
04-20-2009, 05:42 PM
KRS ONE sucks lol. Cool he loves hip hop, but he makes horrible music with no entertainment value what so ever, expecially lately and the only ppl that listen to him log on to this website.

now if you haven't noticed, everyone on the site except the 1% are....dumb as fuck...and KRS ONE telling them he's more hip hop then everyone else convinced them he was more hip hop then everyone else, and calling an album the blueprint convinced them he made the 'blueprint to hip hop'

which was around 10 years+ before him and was un changed after him.

i ask a long time ago what his contribution to hip hop was and nobody gave a real answer other then the fact that he was the first to use jamaican shit like the voice and chorus'

i thought that was a rather needle dick answer cause 1. dipset has contributed more then that, and 2. no he isn't, rapping expecially battle rapping originated from jamaicans 'toasting' at each other, so wtf?

anyways, KRSONE was the lil wayne of his time, he convinced everyone he was something he had no legit claim to with album titles and self proclaimation, and the dumb of his time fell for it.

problem is most of you are the dumb of his time living in the present.
just let it go, the man is a mediocre rapper and horrible song and album maker.

snapple
04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
^^i seen KRS one....when was it in the fall....a couple thousand people came out....a lot of people knew the words to almost every song....even the young kids...

TSA
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
yes, they also have their username and password for wutangcorp.com memorized.

YungSunny
04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I agree with TSA on this.

I tried to listen krs-one's 2 solo albums and Criminal Minded, and was like...."ok that was aight" after it.
Nothing moves me with him.

snapple
04-20-2009, 06:03 PM
^^TSA how you figure?...

TSA
04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
ok fine, KRS ONE is a platnium selling artist and everyone knows him.

lets be real, his fanbase is an extremely narrow rather agenda driven microminority that believes their taste in music makes them superior to others most of the time.

because they have this attitude, they can declare KRS one the greatest rapper of all time because they feel that way even though 7% of hip hop fans would agree and 4% of that 7% are just agreeing cause they think KRS is supposed to be there cause that's what they keep hearing and don't want to sound like they don't know HIP HawP

after all he is the most hip hopinest man alive.

main_man
04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
ok, i do agree that he has brainwashed people into thinking he's more "real hip hop" than the next man. and thats always been bullshit.
but...

the man has made some classic tracks, with bdp and solo.
granted, the last 8 years of his career has been mediocre and pretty much off the radar. but i'll always like joints like "9mm goes bang" "loves gonna get cha" and "duck down"
do i think bdp were as good as say public enemy or the geto boys? no
but they did add a decent amount of good hip hop to the catalog.

but i also see what tsa is saying and agree somewhat with his points.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
ok fine, KRS ONE is a platnium selling artist and everyone knows him.

lets be real, his fanbase is an extremely narrow rather agenda driven microminority that believes their taste in music makes them superior to others most of the time.

because they have this attitude, they can declare KRS one the greatest rapper of all time because they feel that way even though 7% of hip hop fans would agree and 4% of that 7% are just agreeing cause they think KRS is supposed to be there cause that's what they keep hearing and don't want to sound like they don't know HIP HawP

after all he is the most hip hopinest man alive.

i agree with you to an extent, but the man does have some classic material...his 'more hip hop than thou' attitude did kill him, because honestly, who wants to hear that shit? he even has a song on one of his later albums where he repeats 'i'm the best'...just make a good song dammit. if he disappeared after his krs-one album we wouldn't be having this conversation, it's the music, moves, and commentary his made in the last 10 years that has people thinking he sucks...

however, to me this 'i'm more hip hop' is no different than other braggadocio relating to wealth or hardness or any of that, it's all completely uninteresting to me, and as you said, only of interest to people with an agenda of projecting how they want to be perceived through the music they listen to.

Memory Man
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
tsa was born the year criminal minded came out and hasn't heard return of the boom bap.

Prolifical ENG
04-20-2009, 09:47 PM
TSA you may be right that he was the Lil Wayne of his time. However KRS knew/knows his role in the game. When he came out in '87 he was considered the new school and he knew that.

Self proclamation is part of that egotistical element in hip-hop and KRS isn't exempted. At least through time he (appears to) act his age.

I think more rappers should understand hip-hop as a culture AND as a concept like he does.

Don Universo
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM
PEACE

charles jones no need to get tight....

KRS One is a legend....nobody can take that from him....he's an originator....KRS one is well respected....made classic albums....it's KRS ONE

some people on this website are really picky and got weird standards as far as music goes....i dont get it but hey....

if people hate on KRS one it's probably for attention...or theyre cornballs from the boondocks who weren't even alive yet or in diapers when KRS one was poppin....so fuck em.... BOOGIE DOWN BABY

co- sign
"rap is somethin you do, hip hop is somethin you live"

Hollow Dartz
04-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I agree with TSA on this.

I tried to listen krs-one's 2 solo albums and Criminal Minded, and was like...."ok that was aight" after it.
Nothing moves me with him.

LOL you shouldn't even be replying in this topic. Take ya ass to bed.

Don Universo
04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
KRS ONE sucks lol. Cool he loves hip hop, but he makes horrible music with no entertainment value what so ever, expecially lately and the only ppl that listen to him log on to this website.

now if you haven't noticed, everyone on the site except the 1% are....dumb as fuck...and KRS ONE telling them he's more hip hop then everyone else convinced them he was more hip hop then everyone else, and calling an album the blueprint convinced them he made the 'blueprint to hip hop'

i ask a long time ago what his contribution to hip hop was and nobody gave a real answer other then the fact that he was the first to use jamaican shit like the voice and chorus'

i thought that was a rather needle dick answer cause 1. dipset has contributed more then that, and 2. no he isn't, rapping expecially battle rapping originated from jamaicans 'toasting' at each other, so wtf?

anyways, KRSONE was the lil wayne of his time, he convinced everyone he was something he had no legit claim to with album titles and self proclaimation, and the dumb of his time fell for it.

his contributions to hip hop IMO are un matched by alotta emcees ever. he's brought awareness, he's taught, preached, and lived the true culture of hip hop.He single handedly took down queens bridge on some battle shit. emcees till this day are scared to battle KRS.
Lil wayne is no where in the hemisphere of a krs one....dude only been hot for 2 years at the most. never heard him battle anybody or take anybody out with his comic book bullshit raps...you probably never even heard "self destruction"

derek41
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
All I need to say is that KRS can still outperform anyone nowadays live.

CharlesJones
04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't even know why ya'll bother replying to TSA and YungSunny's ignorant comments. Nobody cares about their stupid ass opinions. How the fuck can TSA compare KRS to Little Wayne? Ya'll see what i'm saying about how retarded TSA's comments are. Don't respond to his bullshit because he just wants attention and so does YungSunny.

YungSunny
04-21-2009, 05:09 PM
LOL you shouldn't even be replying in this topic. Take ya ass to bed.
Take your old ass to a Run DMC concert or some shit. Tell Rev to sign your hoveround.
http://www.powerchair-review.fsnet.co.uk/images/hoveround-powerchair.jpg
I don't even know why ya'll bother replying to TSA and YungSunny's ignorant comments. Nobody cares about their stupid ass opinions. How the fuck can TSA compare KRS to Little Wayne? Ya'll see what i'm saying about how retarded TSA's comments are. Don't respond to his bullshit because he just wants attention and so does YungSunny.
Just because we have conflicting opinions doesn't mean I want attention, stop bitching everytime someone disagrees with you. Act like you don't rock tommy hill huggies nigga.

And for any more illerate niggas, I like krs-one, he got skills.
"Step Into A World" and "Rappers R N Danja" are classic tracks and all, but KRS can't make a fuckin' album to save his life. He's a golden age canibus.

Memory Man
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
And for any more illerate niggas, I like krs-one, he got skills.
"Step Into A World" and "Rappers R N Danja" are classic tracks and all, but KRS can't make a fuckin' album to save his life. He's a golden age canibus.

krs had the most classic albums in a row of any mc. i bet you've never heard sex and violence.

EAGLE EYE
04-22-2009, 02:52 AM

First and foremost I just want to remind you that you're a gay fish

Also I want you to know that you're entitled to your opinion and I'm also guilty as well for RIPPING on KRS because I think hes a super goober and has a annoying personality but I can't judge his career achievements on that. What you just angrily typed up in the quoted text, would comparable to as if I said:

Bob Dylan is a faggit douche bag with an annoying whining voice and all his songs are him sounding like a dude on the rag. People think he was the greatest thing since sliced bred and white people loved him in the 60's cuz it was such a revolutionary crazy time for music, drugs, and sex blah blah blah. He has no merit or reasoning to base his legendary status on. People are just sheep who follow what evers hot and you CANT SaY Nuttin!

^ Thats what you sound like Mr. Needle Dick Poop Face

(And for the record I think Bob Dylan is an incredible musician who's music should be passed down through generations)

RandyP
04-22-2009, 03:51 AM
KRS ONE sucks lol. Cool he loves hip hop, but he makes horrible music with no entertainment value

Big Up TSA. You been around a while so i'll give it up.

But in the case of no entertainment value I crack a smile every time I hear KRS freestyle. He entertains your boy. He got that entertainment value.

Durag
04-22-2009, 06:20 AM
KRS can't make a fuckin' album to save his life. He's a golden age canibus.

What?

KRS has had some fuckin bangin beats back in the day, "Return Of The Boom Bap" and "KRS One" had hard, knock-your-block-off beats, wheras Canibus has had wack beats most of his carrer, even to compare them in that way is rediculous.

And i think Tissa is going over the top a bit. I think KRS-One's rhyme style is a little dated sounding, and hasnt aged as well, or isnt as timeless as say, Rakim or G Rap, and i think its his over exagurated voice and delivery that puts people of him, and at times sounds like hes trying too hard.

The preachyness can get a little overbearing at times, and i think this is another reason for people disliking him nowadays. Its not 'cool' for a rapper to preach, or drop knowledge anymore, so in that aspect it can also be said that he hasnt aged well.

Saying he hasnt contributed anything to hip-hop is just rediculous. Apart from the fact that hes released numerous fantastic albums under BDP and as KRS, he brought the stop the violence movement, he brought awearness and a social consious to hip-hop, (yes, i know this has been around since "The Message", but nobody fully embraced it like KRS) he wanted to teach us something instead of just bragging (funny, thats a lot of the shit hes getting hated on here for), has been a spokesman for hip-hop for the last number of years, and has nothing but LOVE and RESPECT for the culture and the fans.

You dont have to like his music, but you have to respect the man, hes done more for hip-hop than most rappers dream about.

So like i said, i think its his delivery, voice, subject matter that puts people off, because his style hasnt aged particulary well, but i think once people could get past that, they'd find some great music and a true legend in the game.

Krimewave
04-22-2009, 07:48 AM
KRS-One is one of the most important artists in the history of Hip Hop culture. Anyone who doesn't appreciate him is a fucking philistine.

FlamingSwordz
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
KRS One.. one of my favorites. Been listening to him for a loooong time now and it never gets old to me.

I'm hoping to hear him on some Premo beats again!

Krimewave
04-22-2009, 10:20 AM
KRS One.. one of my favorites. Been listening to him for a loooong time now and it never gets old to me.

I'm hoping to hear him on some Premo beats again!

word. no doubt.

Hollow Dartz
04-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Take your old ass to a Run DMC concert or some shit. Tell Rev to sign your hoveround.
http://www.powerchair-review.fsnet.co.uk/images/hoveround-powerchair.jpg

Just because we have conflicting opinions doesn't mean I want attention, stop bitching everytime someone disagrees with you. Act like you don't rock tommy hill huggies nigga.

How long did it take you to find that picture? On top of that I'm nowhere near that age. Failure.

TSA
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
his contributions to hip hop IMO are un matched by alotta emcees ever. he's brought awareness, he's taught, preached, and lived the true culture of hip hop.He single handedly took down queens bridge on some battle shit. emcees till this day are scared to battle KRS.
Lil wayne is no where in the hemisphere of a krs one....dude only been hot for 2 years at the most. never heard him battle anybody or take anybody out with his comic book bullshit raps...you probably never even heard "self destruction"
here's the thing
he DIDNT bring awareness
yea he taught and preached but so? i can teach and preach, in fact when im feeling like a faggot, i do.

but there was ppl that brought 'awareness' well before him and after and did it not only better but more effectively.

he battled queens bridge?
that doesn't make you legend, it makes you a former foe of queens bridge.

i keep asking ppl for real contributions, innovations, or milestones this guy brought to hip hop and there are none, he just, a long time ago, told everyone he was the most hip hop man alive and everyone believed him, and that he lives the hip hopest life style even though he can't break dance, probably can't graffitti which idk, mcs mediocrely and maybe he can DJ well, he's been around them for long enough

but those aren't unique attributes and almost every rapper prior to 97 could do all that stuff.

he's the lil wayne of the 80s.

Memory Man
04-22-2009, 11:56 AM
1st to make explicitly violent gangsta rap
1st to self produce a whole album
1st to incorporate reggae
1st to rhyme about philosophy and metaphysics
1st to battle a whole borough
1st to bring hiphop to academia via lectures, panel discussions, etc.

Durag
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
^Word

Its not just what he was the first to do, just the fact that he made a few great albums and was one of the most important rappers in the last 20 years is enough.

YungSunny
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
How long did it take you to find that picture? On top of that I'm nowhere near that age. Failure.
You replied to a post I made at 5 o clock and told me to go to bed, shows how old your ass is. Can't even tell time anymore. :)
You're insulting my picture finding skills? That's how far you gotta go to find something bad to say? Shiiit...shouldn't you be watching The Price Is Right?

You mad? :9