PDA

View Full Version : I'm Tired Of People Dissing Guru

CharlesJones
04-18-2009, 11:10 AM
People on here be hating on him talking about they don't like his voice and he's a average mc. Ya'll bugging. Guru has always been a tight mc and there's nothing wrong with his voice. I wish he would come to his senses and make peace with Premier so they can do a few more Gang Starr albums because i don't think people are checking for his solo albums. Only album of his i've heard is Baldhead Slick And Da Click and that album wasn't that bad. I'm gonna check out his Street Scriptures album eventually. I never did wanna hear his Jazzmatazz albums because i'm not a fan of jazz. I agree with his opinion about wack rappers when he said on You Know My Steez song that the wackness is spreading like the plague. MC's lucked up and got paid but still can't make the fucking grade.

main_man
04-18-2009, 11:44 AM
yeah, gurus a legend. just flat out dope.

fuck the bitches who say otherwise. FUCK 'EM!!!

DEVAMPS
04-18-2009, 11:44 AM
guru one of the illest in my book-- moment of truth cant be fucked wit

CharlesJones
04-18-2009, 11:53 AM
LOL@Main Man hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah man fuck the Guru haters. Dude has always been a good rapper and he always speaks knowledge in his songs. Gang Starr's Conspiracy song on Daily Operation album is really good because he speaks about racism and he speaks the truth. I did disagree with what he said on Conspiracy about the SAT test isn't geared for the lower class so why even waste time trying to pass it.

Tecknowledgist
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
people say he's monotone and overrated acting like they dont know every single word to all the classics

plus he's the second most sampled MC ever (next to prodigy. yeah i did a study, fuck yall)

The Hound
04-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't understand the Guru hate when they say he is monotonous and boring, then the same people refer to GZA as top 10. WTF?

Guru is dope. Lyrically, dude is better than the majority of hip hop artists that ever did it, and I have honestly never found Guru to be boring.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
DJ Premier beats>>Guru's rapping.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
People on here be hating on him talking about they don't like his voice and he's a average mc. Ya'll bugging. Guru has always been a tight mc and there's nothing wrong with his voice. I wish he would come to his senses and make peace with Premier so they can do a few more Gang Starr albums because i don't think people are checking for his solo albums. Only album of his i've heard is Baldhead Slick And Da Click and that album wasn't that bad. I'm gonna check out his Street Scriptures album eventually. I never did wanna hear his Jazzmatazz albums because i'm not a fan of jazz. I agree with his opinion about wack rappers when he said on You Know My Steez song that the wackness is spreading like the plague. MC's lucked up and got paid but still can't make the fucking grade.

agreed but you should check out the jazzmatazz albums; the first two are just as good as the gangstarr stuff imo

Tage
04-18-2009, 03:08 PM

^yeah... but that's true in a lot of places... Stoupe > JMT & AOTP put together.

who hates Guru?... most of GangStarr's shit is classic.

Afficial_Nastee
04-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I agree , the reason why I listen to Gangstarr is cuz of the beats. Or the guest appearances.

Prolifical ENG
04-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I like the Jazzmatazz series, but Charles, you're right that you won't like Jazzmatazz. The Street Scriptures you might like the beats. Just keep in mind its DJ Solaar and not Premier but overall its not too bad if you like Bald Head Slick.

Chungsanity
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM

co muthafuckin sign. if I could rep, I wouldve gave you a +

premo's beats carried guru's career and guru's undisputedly the most overrated rapper of all-time. Im not gonna fabricate and say fiddy or weezy cause it's guru.

1. guru and method man is not too far behind

I respect the threadstarter though cause he says whatever the fuck comes on his mind like myself.

sdeblasi
04-18-2009, 05:50 PM

Agree but Guru complements them nice

like Pete Rock's beats > CL Smooth's rapping but still complements good

claaa7
04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
^^ co-sign, DJ Premier is one of the 5 illest and most consistant producers in the world but Guru rocked his beats well for years.. they complimented eachother well, and personally I would say Guru >>> CL Smooth..

Tecknowledgist
04-18-2009, 06:32 PM
^^ co-sign, DJ Premier is one of the 5 illest and most consistant producers in the world but Guru rocked his beats well for years.. they complimented eachother well, and personally I would say Guru >>> CL Smooth..

exactly

DJ Premier is arguably the illest producer to ever do it. It's ridiculous to expect ANY emcee to live up to that.

Guru and DJ Premier have made amazing music. That's really what it comes down to. There could have been an iller MC, but there could have been a much worse one as well.

All this long-winded nitpicking is pointless if you just consider the fact that they've made some of the best Hip-Hop out there. Both of them.

Paranoid
04-18-2009, 06:39 PM
lyrical, nice voice and a smooth flow

i've always been down with guru

but hes underrated on this website for some reason

oldie
04-18-2009, 07:39 PM
guru is nice on the mic.. anaquired tste i think

main_man
04-18-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah, fuck what you heard and fuck what you say.

GANGSTARR IS HIP HOP.

that is a fact. guru and preemo.

damn i miss gangstarr.

BRONZBODY
04-18-2009, 11:10 PM
guru is far from wack....now solar on the other hand.......

snapple
04-19-2009, 04:35 PM
guru is definitely a high-caliber MC....

yea some gangstarr albums would be nice....

guru backed by premo......

Monkdude
04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
guru is ill, he stepped up his game big time after daily operation imo

claaa7
04-20-2009, 01:01 AM
^^ Guru fucking smashed shit on "Daily Operation", I'd say that's one of his brightest moments in his whole career.. that one, Hard to Earn and Moment of Truth is great lyrically then he sounded kinda uninspired on "The Ownerz" though.