PDA

View Full Version : UN anti racist summit

RALPH WIGGUM
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Today took place a UN anti racism summit, where Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was present. Some nations had chosen to boycott the summit because of his presence, like the USA, Germany, Canada, Italy and of course Israel. Others, like France n Great Britain, had chosen to go but left when Ahmadinejad began his speech, which they found antisemitic. Some demonstrators wearing wigs interrupted his speech yelling "shame!". Secretary general Ban Ki Moon denounced Ahmadinejad's words, sayin it was encouraging hatred.
Heres an article on it : http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/04/20/Protests-walkout-mar-Ahmadinejad-speech/UPI-53741240227529/

And excerpts of the speech :http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8008850.stm

What do you think about it?

whitey
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
they didnt boycott because of Ahmadinejad's presence.

they boycotted because of some "objectionable" statements about Israel in a draft statement. it doesnt single out israel in this years draft statement but it upholds the 2001 statement that does single israel out.

RALPH WIGGUM
04-21-2009, 06:44 AM
They boycooted because they knew that since Ahmadinejad was gonna make a speech, there was no way he wasnt gonna speak about Israel.

SKANK HILL
04-21-2009, 07:06 AM
I am glad we didn't turn up. The UN are fucking hypocrites and is also the biggest waste of air in the history of mankind. They're nothing more than a fucking travelling piss party that should be abolished.

HANZO
04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
the UN's a joke, nobody listens to them. I dnt know why countries bother with all these UN meetings. Its all bullshit, they promote peace but you have the Worlds biggest sellers of arms on the security council.

I think Ahmedinejad is a clever man, and he isnt as radical as everyone projects him to be, he is a sincere man very down to earth. Not a good political leader though. Thats probably the reason why he takes shots at everyone.

He not only took a shot at Isreal though, he said the Americans and Europeans kicked all the Jews out of their countries and stole Palestine to give it to them; and that they are the actual racists.

SL33
04-21-2009, 08:16 AM
the UN's a joke, nobody listens to them. I dnt know why countries bother with all these UN meetings. Its all bullshit, they promote peace but you have the Worlds biggest sellers of arms on the security council.

I think Ahmedinejad is a clever man, and he isnt as radical as everyone projects him to be, he is a sincere man very down to earth.

agreed. it's obvious that they made nukes by now, plus they're backed up by china and russia. he's in position to bark a lot.

RALPH WIGGUM
04-21-2009, 08:46 AM

I think Ahmedinejad is a clever man, and he isnt as radical as everyone projects him to be, he is a sincere man very down to earth. Not a good political leader though. Thats probably the reason why he takes shots at everyone.

He not only took a shot at Isreal though, he said the Americans and Europeans kicked all the Jews out of their countries and stole Palestine to give it to them; and that they are the actual racists.

I agree, Iranians are starting to be tired of him cause hes always, as you said, taking shots at everyone but he doesnt make any good political move in Iran.
But I think that, even if what he said was radical n all, its wrong to act like the UN is a joke, n they shouldnt allow him to speak. The USA n the european countries who boycotted or left, did it partly cause one part of his speech is correct. The creation of Israel was done right after WWII, when every european country felt like they had a "debt" toward jews, n it was dealt with in a maneer that could only end up by war.
The UN is important, but people think its a joke cause its doesnt have the means it need to fullfill its mission. I mean,when the USA dont want to listen to the UN, they dont, n when theres a war, even if the UN decides to get involved, only countries who have an interest in it choose to go.

TSA
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
i dont give a shit what your position on the issue is, to come to a global anti racism summit and begin talking shit about other countries with no proposal of a solution knowing damn well your country (and religion) is racist as hell.

amahaakakahahjhed should eat a dick
this is america pussy

RALPH WIGGUM
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
i dont give a shit what your position on the issue is, to come to a global anti racism summit and begin talking shit about other countries with no proposal of a solution knowing damn well your country (and religion) is racist as hell.

amahaakakahahjhed should eat a dick
this is america pussy

I was taking your post seriously until you started attacking (again) Islam, n Iran with no valuable arguments. The joke about the Iranian president doesnt help either.
But if we take out the bullshit you're right, who cares what he thinks, if he offers no solution but just keep criticizing every country?
However I think that his position still is interesting, you need to listen to what he says, even if you dont agree, I think its important that hes allowed to give his opinion, cause Netanyahu is.

TSA
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
if what he said was right, which it probably is then he should also speak about muslims doing the exact same thing in Sudan with a coating of full blown genocide and how almost all muslim countries are in full support of this or are funding it and acting like it's not happening.

if he was truly concerned about such things, but he's not.

whitey
04-21-2009, 09:40 AM
They boycooted because they knew that since Ahmadinejad was gonna make a speech, there was no way he wasnt gonna speak about Israel.

i told you the United States official position on why the didnt attend.

its pretty obvious ahmadinejad talks shit about israel wherever he goes.

RALPH WIGGUM
04-21-2009, 10:07 AM
if what he said was right, which it probably is then he should also speak about muslims doing the exact same thing in Sudan with a coating of full blown genocide and how almost all muslim countries are in full support of this or are funding it and acting like it's not happening.

Thats true, but the USA n Europe dont do nothin to solve the situation neither. And even if hes not concerned about it, what he says is still to be heard, and so its wrong from the USA n Europe to boycott the meeting.
Its not really about Ahmadinejad, its about his speech.

HANZO
04-21-2009, 10:35 AM
No Media outlet has ever mentioned the comments made by the new Isreali foreign minister. the guy came out and clearly stated that he didnt want Arabs to live in Isreal, that the war in Palestine will go on and that Isreal will attack Iranian nuclear sites. Its all one sided. Isreal does openly threaten Iran, just as Iran threatens Isreal. The two will go at each other until one is stupid enough to make a move. If Isreal attacks first then it would be disastrous for them. same could be said about Iran. So its all really just politics to please the crowd at home. nothing else.

Sudan is a muslim on muslim war. so it isnt religious but ethnic. The Arab nations in the middle east want Sudan to be under Arab control, so they will turn a blind eye to any genocide. Also dnt blame just the Arabs and the Muslims for the whole Sudan thing. the African union also rejected the international criminal courts ruling on Sudan's President, as well as Russia and China. Nobody really cares for Sudan.

TSA
04-21-2009, 10:44 AM
its not a muslim on muslim war, its a muslim on non muslim unless the convert war.

im not only blaming arabs, and i shouldn't say muslims that just me not being careful with words, africans are fucking up heavy as well.

but it is a muslim on non muslim war and outside of the war the slavery and mistreatment non muslims go through there and all over the sahel is nuts.

SL33
04-21-2009, 11:00 AM
No Media outlet has ever mentioned the comments made by the new Isreali foreign minister. the guy came out and clearly stated that he didnt want Arabs to live in Isreal, that the war in Palestine will go on and that Isreal will attack Iranian nuclear sites. Its all one sided. Isreal does openly threaten Iran, just as Iran threatens Isreal. The two will go at each other until one is stupid enough to make a move. If Isreal attacks first then it would be disastrous for them. same could be said about Iran. So its all really just politics to please the crowd at home. nothing else.

Sudan is a muslim on muslim war. so it isnt religious but ethnic. The Arab nations in the middle east want Sudan to be under Arab control, so they will turn a blind eye to any genocide. Also dnt blame just the Arabs and the Muslims for the whole Sudan thing. the African union also rejected the international criminal courts ruling on Sudan's President, as well as Russia and China. Nobody really cares for Sudan.

AMEN.

anyway, HAN just brought some interesting things here. Sudan is the greatest arab country, so it's obvious that all arabs will try to spread their power deeper into african continent.
Sudan is a wasteland, but a very important one. East Coast of Africa has long connections with china, and China and Russia will do everything to control it (read: upper Nile), and oil-soaked Nigeria isn't to far either. Sudan has a solid Red Sea coast line too.

and one other thing....terms such are genocide and human rights are very outdated. this is 21st century.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/CIA_Maps/Sudan_19884.gif

HANZO
04-21-2009, 11:31 AM
its not a muslim on muslim war, its a muslim on non muslim unless the convert war.

im not only blaming arabs, and i shouldn't say muslims that just me not being careful with words, africans are fucking up heavy as well.

but it is a muslim on non muslim war and outside of the war the slavery and mistreatment non muslims go through there and all over the sahel is nuts.

you got it wrong, the majority of the ppl in Darfur are muslim. the leader of the rebel movement is a guy named Khalid Ibrahim. southern Sudan is where the Christians are and they beef with the government because of the implementation of sharia law in the south.

Its complex but you got multiple factions at war with the government all for a different reason.

SL33
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
basically Ahmadinejad and Al Bashir are supported by China and Russia. these two countries are trying to spread their influence throughout africa and asia.

and don't forget somali pirates. can you really digest the CNN story about some pirates of carribean type of rebels??? how did they get high-end GPS equipment, helicopters and satellite connections, and very wild weapons????? they (C & R) are gaining control over warm waters of indian ocean, just like china did 5-6 centuries ago.

Russia and China are working hard for Arab/muslim support. that's all.

whitey
04-21-2009, 12:21 PM
AMEN.

anyway, HAN just brought some interesting things here. Sudan is the greatest arab country, so it's obvious that all arabs will try to spread their power deeper into african continent.
Sudan is a wasteland, but a very important one. East Coast of Africa has long connections with china, and China and Russia will do everything to control it (read: upper Nile), and oil-soaked Nigeria isn't to far either. Sudan has a solid Red Sea coast line too.

and one other thing....terms such are genocide and human rights are very outdated. this is 21st century.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/CIA_Maps/Sudan_19884.gif

watch what you say about africa, you might catch a critical beatdown from some members of this board.