PDA

View Full Version : I need advice, seriously!

IrOnMaN
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I talked to two of my geology professors who are and two days ago regarding my situation with geology field camp, and they gave me some good advice on how to go about taking field camp this spring/summer. I told them the only way I can receive money in order for me to pay for geology field camp is to register for spring/summer courses. What I did was register for six credits (two courses) for the summer term only so I can attend geology field camp.

Here is my situation. I lost my job in March and I have been living off my savings. As of right now, I am only down to $400. I have been awarded $4225.00 in loans from the financial aid department. Geology field camp is $1600.00 (excluding food), correct? WSU's tuition for six credits is $2009.10 (including the fitness fee). After everything is paid for, I will only have $617.90. I still have to purchase field equipment, travel, and food for field camp with that money. Plus, I have bills to pay. My two geology professors do not see it the way I do.

After geology field camp, I will not have much left. I will look for a job once I return but it could possibly take months for me to find a job.

I know the consequences if I do not take field camp this spring/summer (I won't graduate until spring of 2010. If I go, I will graduate in May '10). If I do attend, I will be in a very dangerous situation, financially. I have nothing to fall back on like family and friends like most college students do. It is just me. I am trying not to be careless here because, honestly, I WILL be homeless as a result of attending geology field camp, SERIOUSLY! I understand that the financial aid office is not a bank and there is only so much they can award me.

Should I go to geology field camp this summer or push it back to next year?

EAGLE EYE
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Someone once told me about an additional loan you can take out for living expenses. I forgot what its called. You should ask the Financial Aid office for extended help.

If you end up homeless I'm sure one of the MODS here would love to take a young, tender, shy black kid under their wing and make a man out of him. Turn those clock radio speakers into subwoofers.

food for thought
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Someone once told me about an additional loan you can take out for living expenses. I forgot what its called. You should ask the Financial Aid office for extended help.

yea my friends get loot for that

try that

u can also try private loans if ure really desperate but the interest rates are ridiculous

go talk to a financial aid advisor at your school

im sure theres some kind of loan u are eligible for and can get relatively easily

if the course is offered at your local communtiy college, take it over there and transfer it. that way u can save a few hundred dollars

beautifulrock
04-24-2009, 01:27 PM
You can whore yourself out to 50 fat chicks, or whore yourself out to 5 REALLY fat chicks. It's the Glen Quagmire approach to financial indepenence

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
If all loans fail, DO NOT go to that camp. doesn't take a genius to see it's not worth it. And you wont graduate 'til Spring of 2010? Ooooh, big whoop,,another 6 months, compared to an awful bank account.

IrOnMaN
04-24-2009, 02:27 PM

If you end up homeless I'm sure one of the MODS here would love to take a young, tender, shy black kid under their wing and make a man out of him. Turn those clock radio speakers into subwoofers.

I asked for extended help and they only gave me two loans and no grants (they don't have any, seriously). I was lucky to get that. I'll take what you said into consideration. Thanks.

yea my friends get loot for that

try that

u can also try private loans if ure really desperate but the interest rates are ridiculous

go talk to a financial aid advisor at your school

im sure theres some kind of loan u are eligible for and can get relatively easily

if the course is offered at your local communtiy college, take it over there and transfer it. that way u can save a few hundred dollars

I did and all of them have told me the samething. I'll try again but if they tell me no, forget it!

You can whore yourself out to 50 fat chicks, or whore yourself out to 5 REALLY fat chicks. It's the Glen Quagmire approach to financial indepenence

Overweight African-American women are different from a fat white chick. See, black men have been telling these ugly, stinking, fat women for years that they're pretty and beautiful because they're huge. WTF? Black men are doing that so they can get laid, PERIOD! As a result of a man telling an ugly, stinking, fat chick she's pretty and the shit, she thinks she's higher than a pretty white chick, which means that she thinks she's above all races of women in terms of beauty.

As for me milking money out of a black fat chick, it won't work, Rock. If I were a thug fresh out of jail, then it would work. This obsession with obesity in black women has got them thinking that they're equal as gorgeous white women, seriously. No can do.

Visionz
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Sale weed :b

in the 09 a supplemental income is a must

buy, flip, re-invest, repeat on a regular

TSA
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
dont be in a hurry to graduate if it's financially risky or retarded.

college is dope anyways, but fucking up your finances will follow you for a while and 6 more months of college ain't gonna kill you.

BUT like rawbee said, check the financial aid office, they'll have something.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-24-2009, 03:21 PM
sell your organs

narc
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
6 more months aint so bad, id say stick with asking for more assistance, but if its not possible just forget the field trip

Huggasaurus Sex
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
not enough people in this world know shit about rocks.

then again, i hear the labor market for black geologists with button penises is drying up...

i think your best bet is to make a pet rock and consult it.

begongo
04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
grow a dick nigguh

IrOnMaN
04-24-2009, 10:44 PM
I've just decided not to attend field camp this spring/summer because it would be too catastrophic financially for me. Well, I only have two courses left, and that's it. I'm taking one math class in the spring/summer and another math course (calculus) in December. In the wither '10 semester, all I have to do is work (I should have a job by then) and play GTA.

Huggasaurus Sex
04-25-2009, 01:45 AM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x75/Humanface_Huggah/ironmans-pet-rock.jpg