PDA

View Full Version : Str8 m seeking advice/friendship from other str8 m (esp. DJs)

Huggasaurus Sex
04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
hi.

my international dj debut is tomorrow night and i was wondering if any of you gen chat rats dj for more people than can fit in your parents' basement and, if so, please share some advice so i can use your "jewels" of "wisdom" to "build" and "elevate" THX.

btw, it's electro-house music (hip-hop is dead/gay) ok begin your advice

L~>1<~NKS
04-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I produce tracks and have, watched and worked with DJ's for years...

remix hip hop and house - it's popular down here at least

watch how the crowd reacts

never stop spinin', and don't scratch too much unless your transitioning from one track to another

don't talk too much especially through fire tracks

fire tracks are known almost right away - the crowd'll let you know..when that happens play it commence with the beat or a famous lyric, stop it, Pull up, and drop that muthafucka

when a track comes on that talks about something specific like weed or giving head ask the crowd "Where my weed smokers at?" or "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" or add your own flavor. (i would ask before the track drops)

keep ur audience happy

all that = guaranteed pussy

Huggasaurus Sex
04-24-2009, 05:32 PM
I produce tracks and have, watched and worked with DJ's for years...

remix hip hop and house - it's popular down here at least

watch how the crowd reacts

never stop spinin', and don't scratch too much unless your transitioning from one track to another

don't talk too much especially through fire tracks

fire tracks are known almost right away - the crowd'll let you know..when that happens play it commence with the beat or a famous lyric, stop it, Pull up, and drop that muthafucka

when a track comes on that talks about something specific like weed or giving head ask the crowd "Where my weed smokers at?" or "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" or add your own flavor. (i would ask before the track drops)

keep ur audience happy

all that = guaranteed pussy

-pretty sure the crowd will appear to be drinking liquor and squinting at all times.
-i don't scratch unless my stubbly nutsack is chafing.
-i've got a few house tracks with hip-hop vocals in the set.
-i'll see if i can translate "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" into vietnamese and try it out.

thanks for the advice dude.

Professor Poopsnagle
04-24-2009, 05:54 PM
crowd will be quinting at all times
[...]
-i'll see if i can translate "all my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" into vietnamese and try it out.

ahahahahahahahahaa!

begongo
04-24-2009, 06:04 PM
so you're performing in canada?

RIINě
04-24-2009, 06:22 PM
vietnamese people aint that picky, they laugh their ass off @ the corniest jokes, wear the cheapest (mostly selfmade) clothes and spend their holidays drinkin tea @ grandmas hut, i bet u can just play the flute and theyll still be happy having good times

TSA
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
i went to my first electonica or whatever party the firday before my b-day, shit was pretty bitchin

idk if this will qualify huggz,
CCRuCAcAZK0
but cut/copy is fuckin ill, to me, but idk if they're they bomb diggity in that 'scene' or some gay shit.

you've traveled all the way to vietnam to find ppl that don't look down on you so i wouldn't pull anything to risky.

dj advice from places i've been

1. don't play the whole song, everyone gets it after a while unless everyone is getting mad jiggy and loving fashion, but if shit ain't poppin keep the movement movin with a new song. this is key for a genre as shitty and redundant as electronica.

2. dont come in trying to introduce new shit or shit you like faggot, familiarity is key

FatherSl!me
04-24-2009, 09:06 PM
hi.

my international dj debut is tomorrow night and i was wondering if any of you gen chat rats dj for more people than can fit in your parents' basement and, if so, please share some advice so i can use your "jewels" of "wisdom" to "build" and "elevate" THX.

btw, it's electro-house music (hip-hop is dead/gay) ok begin your advice

the best advice i can give you is dont go & save yourself the embarrasment

Longbongcilvaringz
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
You have to make sure you play some Filter house/French Touch and future synth.

Anoraak, College, Futurecop!, Diese, Cecile, Xinobi, The Outrunners, Bag Raiders, DJ Falcon, Edwin Van Cleef, Danger, factoryfactory, Vega, Leitworks, Maethelvin, Moulinex, Russ Chimes etc.

The rest will sort itself out.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-24-2009, 09:24 PM
i went to my first electonica or whatever party the firday before my b-day, shit was pretty bitchin

CCRuCAcAZK0
but cut/copy is fuckin ill, to me, but idk if they're they bomb diggity in that 'scene' or some gay shit.

you've traveled all the way to vietnam to find ppl that don't look down on you so i wouldn't pull anything to risky.

1. don't play the whole song, everyone gets it after a while unless everyone is getting mad jiggy and loving fashion, but if shit ain't poppin keep the movement movin with a new song. this is key for a genre as shitty and redundant as electronica.

2. dont come in trying to introduce new shit or shit you like faggot, familiarity is key

Ah yeah, stuff like Cut Copy, Midnight Juggernauts, The Presets, In Flagranti etc. might be good also.

FatherSl!me
04-24-2009, 09:28 PM
you sir, are a faggot^^

L~>1<~NKS
04-24-2009, 09:31 PM
-pretty sure the crowd will appear to be drinking liquor and squinting at all times.
-i don't scratch unless my stubbly nutsack is chafing.
-i've got a few house tracks with hip-hop vocals in the set.
-i'll see if i can translate "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" into vietnamese and try it out.

thanks for the advice dude.

you got it akbar

TSA
04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
you sir, are a faggot^^
AHAHAHAHAHahahAHAHAHah

Huggasaurus Sex
04-25-2009, 12:52 AM

CCRuCAcAZK0

cut copy is dope. i listen to them at home but they could never get spins in a saigon club unless it was a club strictly for surprise eye ass lookin pale faces. the locals are extremely particular about the kind of music they listen to in clubs so in keeping with #2 (and l1nk's advice too) i'm mostly sticking to what i know works.

PS. they don't really dance. they just stand around at tables and drink/pop pills (there will be dancers on a stage though at the club i'm DJing at tho chea.)

thanks 'strilz

the best advice i can give you is dont go & save yourself the embarrasment

it's impossible to feel embarrassment in vietnam if you've ever seen how they dance.

You have to make sure you play some Filter house/French Touch and future synth.

Anoraak, College, Futurecop!, Diese, Cecile, Xinobi, The Outrunners, Bag Raiders, DJ Falcon, Edwin Van Cleef, Danger, factoryfactory, Vega, Leitworks, Maethelvin, Moulinex, Russ Chimes etc.

The rest will sort itself out.

haha never heard of any of these french musicians/homosexuals.

to give you an idea of what's popping here, this is one of the big tracks at the moment:

21KqEsPgER8

and this one

XkZ4lfONhzM

TSA
04-25-2009, 01:00 AM
anytime.

sucks that the chinks don't get jiggy, or love fashion, in that case ya, just play what you know works cause it really doesn't matter

i didn't know where cut copy fits into the whole scheme of the men-that-wear-pasteys-and-lick-glow-sticks scene your getting into but i wouldn't mind hearing them at DUH CLUB

but im guessing they're more electronica nas then electronica shawty lo.

Robert
04-25-2009, 03:28 AM
you sir, are a faggot^^

^^Played tee ball and never hit a home run.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-25-2009, 03:42 AM
FatherTime is so bitter.

He's held a grudge ever since i called him out on wearing overalls.

TSA
04-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Ahahahahahahhahahahahahaahah
^^Played tee ball and never hit a home run.
AHAhahahahahahahahahaahHAHaah

EAGLE EYE
04-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Pat is like that lanky weird kid that passes out from dehydration after a flamboyant night of dancing. I approve.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Never that.

Although, since my hair has gotten longer i find my stamina in general has decreased slightly.