PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesn't like sports games?

Rame
04-28-2009, 04:56 AM
When I was younger I enjoyed Basketball games and Soccer games but these days I can't play any more than 2 matches in a row.

I guess they lack some adventure.

I have tried Fifa 08, NBA 2k7, NBA 2k9, SBK'08, Fight Night 3, GT: Prologue, Def Jam Icon (fighting) and a bunch of demos.

The new UFC demo is kinda nice but I think I'll get bored soon if I play the whole game.

Favorite game right now is: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.

shaolinsword
04-28-2009, 06:08 AM
I don't mind a few matches against friends on Pro Evo but other than that I'm not a big fan of em

Tage
04-28-2009, 09:41 AM
lol ive seen you playing ratchet and clank. expand your library if thats your fav game lol

about the sports games... im taking it you were never any good at sports at school. if you like sports, you like sports games.... and vice versa.

Kingkazim
04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
im a big sports fan but some of the games bore me aswell.
like fifa09, its a great game no doubt but it gets repetative imo. Always scoring goals and the other player quitting gets annoying FAST.
But i acnt get bored of fight night round 3

Rame
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
lol ive seen you playing ratchet and clank. expand your library if thats your fav game lol

about the sports games... im taking it you were never any good at sports at school. if you like sports, you like sports games.... and vice versa.

Ratchet & Clank is ill man, not my favorite game of all time but at the moment it's the game I play the most.

I used to like sports games, just not anymore, I don't think me and sport on school has anything to do with it.

I can play games like CoD or GTA for hours at a time but it feels like I'm wasting my time when I'm playing those ''repetitive'' games.

Tage
04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
they do get repetitive, but just as much as the actual sport itself gets repetitive.

im not siding with any genre of game... but surely COD gets more repetitive.

Rame
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't agree about the actual sport getting repetitive but that's okay.

About CoD, the multiplayer does get repetitive but I rather play the campaigns, which are always adventurous.

EnD
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Man, I remember when I used to play NHL for hours on the PS2. Def Jam Fight for NY was crazy too.

Now with the Xbox 360 I changed NHL and Def Jam into Skate and racing games... That basketball game Homecourt(?) is aight too.

But mainly I play GH/RB and shooters.

Kingkazim
04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't agree about the actual sport getting repetitive but that's okay.

About CoD, the multiplayer does get repetitive but I rather play the campaigns, which are always adventurous.

campaign is ghey.
online are for REAL men

Paranoid
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
No. Absolutely not

Final Fantasy XI Online is for REAL men

Tecknowledgist
04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
only sports game i enjoy playing is NHL 09 and other hockey games. i cant be bothered to play any other ones

Paranoid
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I was never a fan of Sports games

Probably because I was never a fan of sports

Some sports games I did enjoy: Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Mario Tennis, NBA Jam, Wii Sports

Good wholesome fun

But I'm not a fan of the realistic sports simulations

Paranoid
04-28-2009, 04:33 PM
This game was the shit too

http://www.juegomania.org/Thrasher:+Skate+&+Destroy/fotos/psone/1/1560_c/Caratula+Thrasher:+Skate+&+Destroy.jpg

Fucking awesome

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j21ISBV99dc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j21ISBV99dc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great soundtrack also

Rame
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
campaign is ghey.
online are for REAL men

I used to play online for a while but I've seen it all by now.

I think I'll start playing online again when they release CoD: Mordern Warfare 2.

Mr. X
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
I need someone to play with for a sports game. They added online but the only sports game I have around is NHL 09 and it's my brothers and I don't play it.

Kingkazim
04-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I used to play online for a while but I've seen it all by now.

I think I'll start playing online again when they release CoD: Mordern Warfare 2.

hmm.
i hope MW2 will be as good as the first

i spent 7 days on cod4, dats replay value at its finest

narc
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
sport games and the like are group activities, fun to play with friends

gengoro
05-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I was never a fan of Sports games

Probably because I was never a fan of sports

Some sports games I did enjoy: Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Mario Tennis, NBA Jam, Wii Sports

Good wholesome fun

But I'm not a fan of the realistic sports simulations

Im the same way. Did enjoy the first nfl blitz games, fight night and early nintendo games like blades of steal and that one basketball game. Other than that I could just never find any interest in them which sucks because my friends are sports fanatics. *plays marvel ultimate alliance alone*

Koolish
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
the only sports game i ever really liked was fight night on the ps2, didn't stop playing that for a while until it got old.

most sports games just don't do it for me, if i want a video game i want to see something out of this world and creative, because i have more fun at the basketball court than with a controller.

Paranoid
05-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Im the same way. Did enjoy the first nfl blitz games, fight night and early nintendo games like blades of steal and that one basketball game. Other than that I could just never find any interest in them which sucks because my friends are sports fanatics. *plays marvel ultimate alliance alone*

how could i forget nfl blitz

good stuff

lynskey
06-30-2009, 10:29 AM
sports games are the only games I play.
games like cod, gears of war etc. bore the fuck out of me.
Fifa 09 >>>>